LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Would you have become a DL if there were no internet?

Dyson

Yes, I think so. In fact, I already was. I already had an interest in wetting and messing my pants or diapers I guess from my many accidents when I was a kid. The internet gave it a name and let me know I was not alone as I had thought and feared. But the interest was there before. And I had already started wetting/messing myself on purpose too before I knew what a DL was. So maybe there would a be difference of how much I'd engage with that interest without the internet but I can't imagine it just fading away without it really.

• Like 1

It is hard to say.  I have been into diapers for probably most of my life.  This all started before my first time seeing girls in diapers on the net.  I guess that really got my interest growing stronger.  I bought my first adult diapers on line and have continued on.  Would I have done this with the internet?  I guess I will never know.

I was a DL way before the internet existed.  It felt lonely and I always thought there was something wrong with me and I should maybe kill myself. Then I learned there were other people like me and that it wasn't so bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a dl before the internet. It is a rather long story and I may have told it. Short story events and things happened and at a young age I became very curious and couldn't resist a diaper. If you want more I would be happy to chat. 

• Like 1

My earliest memories are of being a DL.  I loved Playtex rubber pants and would ask my mom for them instead of toys.  I was less than 3 at the time and know for sure because of the house we lived in.

My next door neighbor and best friend, youngest of 6 kids and the only boy, still slept in a crib, had to wear diapers at night (and probably during the day) and he smelled like baby powder all the time.  I was so jealous, I had to sleep in a "big boy" bed.

I was a bedwetter till I was 9, caused by sleep apnea we know now.  Only wore "diapers" for that for two weeks, Stay-Dry all in one plastic panties.

The major thing the internet did for me was to let me know that I was not alone.  That I was not the only "freak" in the world.  And there is a large community which includes folks a big spectrum of reasons why we are this way.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I am definitely going to say yes. I’d say mine started ‘92-‘93. It wouldn’t be until late 90’s that I had any sort of consistent internet access. By that time, I was starting to buy my own diapers, rather than pinching them from younger relatives. 

Same as my username - Wetset, this was a magazine available years ago and I started collecting them awhile before my first internet searches for DL related material. 

I am not sure when the magazine was first printed but at one stage I got my hands on a bunch of old wetset mags that were really basic, not glossy or many pics, just stories. By the time I started buying the magazine it was really good, I think it was a quarterly mag so a long wait between issues and often sold out quick at the shop I went to

• Like 2