LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Journey to becoming a nightly sheet soaker

Hello everyone,

Brand new to DD but long time lurker. Last night was my first night starting my journey to becoming a full time bed wetter. I wanted to share my progress, what works for me, gather advice and encouragement for others attempting down the same path. 

Why I want to become a bed wetter:

The main reason I want to be a bed wetter is because I absolutely can not stand waking up at night, going to the bathroom, then attempting to go back to sleep. There have been many nights where I wake up, use the bathroom, then... can't get back to sleep. Minutes turn to hours, then turn to alarm clock going off with only a good half nights sleep. My goal here is to be able to just sleep all the way through the night without even thinking about having to wake up until the morning when I can get my day started. And if that means starting with a shower, throwing the sheets into the washer and changing out of a diaper I would absolutely love it! I have also for as long as I can remember always desired to get back into diapers and now is my chance to do so.

A little bit of background about me:

Without giving to much away, I'm 30 years old kid, a "young" professional. Not married, no kids, live alone and am able to support my self. I do travel occasionally for work and have already planned to be traveling with diapers, bed protectors and plastic pants for vacation or pleasure I'm ready to commit to this. 

The warning you are getting ready to type in the comments: 

Before you type that comment I know you are getting ready to type, I have put a lot of thought into this. I don't have a partner and know this is something that could throw people off. I understand there are some costs involved and the "headaches" of being a bed wetter brings. This is something I have wanted for a long time. Will I regret it later? I doubt it, but time will tell and I'm willing to make the jump to being a super sheet soaker! (okay hopefully just my diapers and plastic pants, but if the sheets get wet oh well, I planned for it!) 

I'll try to post weekly updates of my journey for those following along, welcome!

Day 1 (Dec 1. 2022)

- Target run! Don't know why, bit nervous heading into the store. Picked up some other things I needed for the week and went to the IC area. Shelves fully stocked with Depends. Standing there looking at the shelves not really wanting depends pull ups or leak guards, nothing here seemed to be the right fit for me. What I did find though was the mattress protector I was looking for. Picked up the Ultimate Mattress Protector from AllerEase. I also picked up a few packs of their cheapest sheets incase I ruin some early on. Checked out and went onto CVS to see if they had a better selection of diapers and plastic pants. 

- CVS, Tons of CVS brand diapers, and everyone's favorite Depends. I did remember reading here a while back that Goodnites came out with an XL version and it was fitting some adults so I grabbed a case of CVS Fitted Briefs and headed down to the diapers section where they had Goodnites XL in stock. Picked up a package of those that had 9 diapers in them to see if I could in indeed fit. (6 ft, 185lbs, 34" waist approx.) Unfortunately I could not find any plastic pants at either of these stores. So I ordered a pack of 2 plastic pants from Amazon and got luck with same day delivery!

The reason I didn't order the diapers from Amazon is because I live in an apartment and boxes typically deliver to the office. While I am excited to start this adventure, and down the road they will likely know, not quiet ready to go let the word out yet. I have had packages that come in boxes actually show what's in the box or just have a label slapped to the box before ordering on Amazon and didn't want to risk it. 

Now with the shopping done, I eagerly setup my mattress protector as soon as I get home. Lay on it, hardly know there was a protector on it at all! Awesome. 

After waiting, what seemed like ages for my plastic pants to show up, I was ready to get started. I started with the Goodnites XL, and to my surprise, they actually fit quiet well! Just a tad short in the back, and tight around the... parts... but actually seemed to fit and I was surprised and happy at the same time. If this is the motivation I've been looking for to shed 10lbs or so, bonus! 

So after reading many guides on "how to become a bedwetter" going into my first evening I was not expecting it to be an easy night. Used the bathroom about an hour before bed, then started drinking lots of water. More and more water, I went through 3 1/2 20oz bottles in the hour. Had my Goodnite, plastic pants and jammy on and headed to punish my bed for the first of many upcoming nights wondering if this Goodnite would hold, if not would my plastic pants hold? If that fail's my new cheap and likely soon to be soaked sheets and mattress protector would be up to bat. 

After laying down I didn't really need to go yet but knew it was coming. I watched some youtube vidoes. Browsed DD board, read a lot of GloomyBaby's posts until I was finally starting to get tired and needing to pee at the same time! It was a race, but I knew I was not sleeping until I peed the bed. This was a massive challenge. Bottle of water by my side that I had been continuously drinking over the last hour or so now, the urge to go grew stronger and stronger but my mind, and bladder holding tight like it's a stronghold. 

Tried a few videos from YouTube to help me relax and hopefully pee the bed. Started with a one hour loop of running water, then switched to running faucet after a while. This whole time I was determined not to force it, but also to soak this diaper. After about 2 hours and relaxing and drinking more water I needed to go so bad but could not soak wet the bed. I thought of giving up. Heading back to the toilet I have been a slaves to in the middle of the night for the last 26 years of my life, but my determination won out. Finally I felt a bit of warmth around my diaper. Very little but some. This told me I could do it. Headphones on with running faucet, trying my best to relax. Over the next hour little bit here and little bit there. Minor celebrations as I lay in what I was envisioning a field of rain. Not long after more warmth, and lots of it. Finally, a steady flow. When finally done I laid there happy for about 10 minutes and had to know. Did the Goodnite hold up? Plastic Pants? Soaked bed?! Got up and inspected. Sheets completely dry to my surprise, checked my plastic pant, just as dry as when I had opened the package that evening. My Goodnite however was now swollen more so than I thought it could possibly go! 

Completely shocked that the Goodnite held up so well. I switched into a fresh one and went to bed Now about 3 1/2 hours past my bed time. And unfortunately (and expectedly) 3 hours later I was up again to use the bathroom. I decided with my alarm clock looming I would get up and use the real toilet. Todays battle was already won. Even with loosing 3 hours of sleep to start, it still took 45 minutes to get back to sleep I can't wait to be a bed wetter.

Tomorrow I am trying out the CVS brand, hopefully get a bit more room down there. For now I'm working on training my body that it's okay to naturally pee while laying down. Once I have this mastered, no more going to the bathroom overnight. I did have a thought of installing a timed door lock on the bathroom door so I wouldn't even be able to use it between like 10pm and 8am, however for the occasional guest who may stay the night, or if an emergency #2 arises or I get sick I figured this was a bit too extreme and not needed to achieve my bed wetting goals. 

Not all my posts are going to be this long I promise! Thank you for tagging along on my journey, for any advice, tips, tricks and encouragement that you y'all bring on this new start of my quest to be a super sheet soaker! My goal is to be 100% helpless overnight and soak my diaper nightly without waking by within 24 months. (Dec 1. 2024) 

I’ve travelled that path and now find myself, after more than half a century dry at night, to be a semi-regular bedwetter.  I wear nappies to bed every night because I want to, and I have to.

I went into diapers “24/7” in late 2018 (wet only).  The first hints of bedwetting appeared several months later.   It remained highly sporadic until around year 3 where it suddenly ramped up to become semi-normal.

When I started, I was a corporate traveller.  I was able to manage it.

This is how my bedwetting developed:

1. Getting VERY good at using my nappies in bed: waking up in the middle of the night (suitably hydrated), wetting my diaper and going back to sleep
  2. Waking up more frequently (every few hours) to use my diaper as my bladder capacity reduced
  3. Having “pee dreams” about peeing (later on, I suspect some of these involved actual pee).
  4. Waking up to use my diaper then either forgetting to use it, forgetting I HAD used it or falling back asleep whilst peeing
  5. Finding my diaper to be wetter in the morning than I’d expected and my bladder emptier
  6. Waking up to find myself already peeing
  7. Going to bed dry and waking up at 2am to find myself already wet
  8. Going to bed without a diaper and wetting the bed anyway
  9. Pee dreams largely disappeared (sometimes they still happen).  I can just wake up wet now.
  10. Frequency of bedwetting slowly increases (probably around 50% of nights now)

Things that worked for me:

• Going to bed slightly wet to begin with for me, hugely potentiated bedwetting.  It was like part of my brain said “well, you’re wet anyway…”
  • Instead of bed pads (especially when travelling), I use terry-lined waterproof pants over a high quality disposable.  Almost any adult disposable will leak at some point in bed, especially if you are not awake to manage things.  I’ve found that the terry-lined waterproofs will mop up minor spills and keep bedding dry with practically 100% reliability.  I use the Babykins dual-layer terry plastic pants but I also have lighter nylon/terry ones for travel that are fine. 
  • Related to previous, worrying about wet bedding is an instant way to inhibit bedwetting for me
  • Not over-thinking it, having patience.  If I "plan" to wet the bed, I generally won't.

The "24/7" bit helped a lot I suspect because my bladder shrank, massively increasing the pee-frequency.  If I did NOT wet the bed now, I'd have to get up and pee between 3 and 5 times every night.

It's a bit strange because when I started with 24/7, I'd kind of thought to myself if things got out of my control, I'd stop.  By the time I started bedwetting, I found myself strangely at peace with it although the first night I absolutely realised I'd done it was an interesting alloy of horror and excitement.   I couldn't quite believe it had happened.

So far, I have no regrets.  Long response sorry but hopefully I packed a lot of info in.

Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Oznl! 

Awesome tips, especially with the terry-lined pants. So far my biggest struggle is just trying to pee laying down. I have spent hours trying to do this and with minimal success unless I drink so much fluid that I'm about to explode. I have told my self that the bathroom is closed from bed time until morning and to get use to peeing in bed I will kneel on my bed and go in the diaper then try to go back to sleep, but as always is a struggle. I'm continuing to work on peeing laying down in different positions and hope to see progress on that front. 

• Like 1

There is nothing nicer then laying down on your back and feeling the worm pee dribble down in the seat/back of your nappy. It took me years but now I can wet in any position. I sleep on my side and can easily wet in that position too but because its only dribbling and gushes my nappy never get oversaturated and it can handle the wettings. I wake up multiple times a night and wet straight away then go back to sleep. My bladder is rather sensitive now so will wake up when there is a little urine in there.

Unfortunately I'm not a bedwetter yet but I do uncontrollable wet when I've a quite a few beers, my nappy is always wet in the morning in that case and I can't remember wetting but have a full nappy.

5 hours ago, SoakedSheets said:

So far my biggest struggle is just trying to pee laying down. I have spent hours trying to do this and with minimal success unless I drink so much fluid that I'm about to explode. I have told my self that the bathroom is closed from bed time until morning and to get use to peeing in bed I will kneel on my bed and go in the diaper then try to go back to sleep, but as always is a struggle. I'm continuing to work on peeing laying down in different positions and hope to see progress on that front. 

It's going to sound trite but it's just practice.  I can remember when I was practically a kid, seriously struggling to fall asleep in a nappy.  Now of course I'd have the opposite problem.

I think you're on the money with that gradual habituation thing.  Others have told me that peeing standing beside the bed, peeing kneeling on the bed, peeing sitting in bed created a pathway to peeing laying in bed.

Have you considered turning down the "intensity" of your experience here?  Whilst being hydrated enough to generate some "teachable moments" sounds fine, drinking bladder-busting quantities of water (for me at least) would lead to an uncomfortable non-bedwetting night:  my bladder would just wake me.  What if you just used your nappy a little before you get into bed and just sleep in it to get used to that?  Once you're used to sleeping wet, then you can turn attention to where you wet?

14 hours ago, SoakedSheets said:

Thanks Oznl! 

Awesome tips, especially with the terry-lined pants. So far my biggest struggle is just trying to pee laying down. I have spent hours trying to do this and with minimal success unless I drink so much fluid that I'm about to explode. I have told my self that the bathroom is closed from bed time until morning and to get use to peeing in bed I will kneel on my bed and go in the diaper then try to go back to sleep, but as always is a struggle. I'm continuing to work on peeing laying down in different positions and hope to see progress on that front. 

I  think I mentioned this in another thread but I very much had to practise going whilst laying down. I could not do so at first so had to practise, which was basically me taking baby steps. This did take quite a while (months), especially getting to go fully reclined overnight. 

Firstly, every time i wanted to go I would go and sit on the side of the bed, like I was using the toilet and go. This progressed to being sat on the bed but reclining on my elbows, gradually more and more til my top half was horizontal with my legs over the side..

Then I moved to be actually sat on the bed completely with my legs flat, going whilst sat up then again gradually reclining until i was led down completely. 

Overnight this wasn't quick and more than once early on I had to get up to go (just basically stood next to my bed filling my nappy). This lessened as I found i was able to go by sitting up in bed. Of course then I gradually decreased the amount I sat up until now I don't have to move.

At the same time (and this may sound a bit mad) I do actually remember talking to myself (and by extension my equipment), saying "go on, you know you want to , its ok, you can go" giving myself permission. All in the name of reinforcement I suppose.....

Anyway this was the method I used, hopefully this may be helpful to you.

Agree with @stevewet, habits can be hard to break.  But in the case of bedwetting who would want to.  Not me, that’s for sure.

Got to thank Mr. @oznl for turning me on to terry-lined waterproof pants.  Before terry-lined I was constantly worried about leaking even waking during the act because it didn’t feel right.  That’s history now.  Additionally, I flat out like the look of the plastic pant / terry diaper combination over a disposable.  In my mind it’s babyish.  Bottom line, thanks to terry-lined waterproof pants the frequency of my bed-wetting has reached new heights.

@

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

A little over a month in and still going. Thank you everyone for the encouragement. 

It's been a struggle to say the least. I think my brain is finally getting to the point where wetting the bed is a good thing. I have dialed back the intensity quiet a bit and will attempt for a little while to wet laying down, and if unsuccessful kneeling in bed I can wet pretty easily now. I have tried sitting on the edge of the bed and doing it, and it works for a few seconds until my brain seems to throw a block and it's hard to continue. 

One thing I have started doing the last week or so, if I'm home I'll wear a diaper and when I need to pee I'll go to the bed instead of the bathroom and try to pee there. My concern with this though, while I'm training to pee in the bed I don't desire to go 24/7 and I think mixing day and night could be a path to that. 

I've had success a few times falling back asleep in a wet diaper, but this has also been another challenge to get used to. I have tried to start my night with the diaper "pre" wet slightly to help get used to it, doesn't seem to do much for me.

I have been using the CVS brand diapers, and will say they hold a ton of fluid! I think I might try not using plastic pants and see if leaks happen. perhaps getting using just the diaper might be beneficial. I'm not really afraid of getting my bed or sheets wet, atleast while I'm training. In fact I'm here to punish these sheets! I may also try just using the goodnights. 

I will say it's been a bit discouraging feeling like there is a real lack of progress, but I know this is gonna take time to achieve and I'm putting in the work with no quit in sight. 

On 12/6/2022 at 10:11 AM, BabyJilly_S said:

I  think I mentioned this in another thread but I very much had to practise going whilst laying down. I could not do so at first so had to practise, which was basically me taking baby steps. This did take quite a while (months), especially getting to go fully reclined overnight. 

Firstly, every time i wanted to go I would go and sit on the side of the bed, like I was using the toilet and go. This progressed to being sat on the bed but reclining on my elbows, gradually more and more til my top half was horizontal with my legs over the side..

Then I moved to be actually sat on the bed completely with my legs flat, going whilst sat up then again gradually reclining until i was led down completely. 

Overnight this wasn't quick and more than once early on I had to get up to go (just basically stood next to my bed filling my nappy). This lessened as I found i was able to go by sitting up in bed. Of course then I gradually decreased the amount I sat up until now I don't have to move.

At the same time (and this may sound a bit mad) I do actually remember talking to myself (and by extension my equipment), saying "go on, you know you want to , its ok, you can go" giving myself permission. All in the name of reinforcement I suppose.....

Anyway this was the method I used, hopefully this may be helpful to you.

Thanks for the tips! You don't sound mad at all, I do the same thing ?

On 12/6/2022 at 12:59 AM, oznl said:

It's going to sound trite but it's just practice.  I can remember when I was practically a kid, seriously struggling to fall asleep in a nappy.  Now of course I'd have the opposite problem.

I think you're on the money with that gradual habituation thing.  Others have told me that peeing standing beside the bed, peeing kneeling on the bed, peeing sitting in bed created a pathway to peeing laying in bed.

Have you considered turning down the "intensity" of your experience here?  Whilst being hydrated enough to generate some "teachable moments" sounds fine, drinking bladder-busting quantities of water (for me at least) would lead to an uncomfortable non-bedwetting night:  my bladder would just wake me.  What if you just used your nappy a little before you get into bed and just sleep in it to get used to that?  Once you're used to sleeping wet, then you can turn attention to where you wet?

I have definitely had to dial back the intensity. I was getting to the point where I was afraid of damaging my body and that didn't seem like it was working, the right way to do it, or comfortable at all. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SoakedSheets said:

A little over a month in and still going. Thank you everyone for the encouragement. 

It's been a struggle to say the least. I think my brain is finally getting to the point where wetting the bed is a good thing. I have dialed back the intensity quiet a bit and will attempt for a little while to wet laying down, and if unsuccessful kneeling in bed I can wet pretty easily now. I have tried sitting on the edge of the bed and doing it, and it works for a few seconds until my brain seems to throw a block and it's hard to continue. 

One thing I have started doing the last week or so, if I'm home I'll wear a diaper and when I need to pee I'll go to the bed instead of the bathroom and try to pee there. My concern with this though, while I'm training to pee in the bed I don't desire to go 24/7 and I think mixing day and night could be a path to that. 

I've had success a few times falling back asleep in a wet diaper, but this has also been another challenge to get used to. I have tried to start my night with the diaper "pre" wet slightly to help get used to it, doesn't seem to do much for me.

Thanks for the update!  It sounds like you're making progress!  It's a long haul project.  You're trying to reverse many decades of habit.

I'd strongly suggest that you persist with the "going to bed a little wet already" habit.  My experience is that this will take a few months to have any effect but my own experience also taught me that it was super-important to become comfortable with sleeping wet.  Additionally, sleeping wet remains today a significant potentiator for subsequent sleep-wetting events.  The fact the sleeping wet "doesn't seem to do much for me" suggests that there's a psychological block there that might get in your way.

Good luck and let us know how you travel!

7 hours ago, SoakedSheets said:

I am over two years in now of 24/7 and haven't noticed a lack of control in the daytime if I go without a diaper at all. So currently I would say its habituating myself to use the diaper when its on without thought, though I still "know" when i am going. This may move into something more over time, I don't know (I wouldn't mind that). What I do know is that losing control completely overnight can't come soon enough! So fed up of waking up needing to go still. As Oznl says, she's a fickle mistress and Shroedingers cat all rolled into one..

Oh, and if something doesn't feel right, stop doing it....

• 1 month later...

Somehow didn't post a Feb update, but not much changed in Feb besides a lot of struggle. Just this month I have finally started getting more comfortable wetting while laying down (back and sides). This past week I only had to sit on the edge of the bed once to wet. This is exciting because I feel like I've hit my first "milestone" so to say. 

The other thing that's happening is I feel like I'm starting to get used to wet diapers. I still find it hard to get back to sleep quickly between the feeling and the thought of "finally! I wet without laying down!" but I'm sure as that novelty wears off it will get easier to get back to sleep. 

On 1/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, oznl said:

Good luck and let us know how you travel!

Thanks for the reply oznl, I have been playing on and off still with going to bed a little wet. I think I need to be more consistent on that. As for the travel, it's going well. Only been on the road once so far this year since I started but I bring a brand new plastic sheet, have a dedicated diaper pocket in my luggage and the Terry lined pants work amazing. They really don't seem to leak anything and are comfortable. 

On 1/14/2023 at 2:23 AM, BabyJilly_S said:

Oh, and if something doesn't feel right, stop doing it....

100% agree with this, that's why I stopped trying to "force" this and have been going with a much smoother approach after the first few nights. 

Thank you everyone for following me along on my journey, I'll be back soon with another update and if I change my routine I'll be sure to post. I might also start doing a breakdown on here of exact dates I achieve things so that others who follow in my path down the road have a somewhat general idea of how long each goal took me (keeping in mind everyone is different).

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Figured it was about time I swung by and said hello to everyone following the journey here (and for me to look back at monthly updates to see how far I've come).

As we work through 4th month, a not a ton has changed but a few things I consider strong progress overall. 

- I can now pretty easily wet in any position. This just a few months ago seemed like it was going to be a struggle for a long time but now I know I'm doing it, but don't really have an issue doing it. I am confident in my diaper and plastic pants to contain any of the liquid and the excitement of it that was there early on has worn off which I feel is a big part of achieving this step. 

- I continued to get use to the feeling of a wet diaper for the most part. Another strong point I feel. Falling back asleep in a wet diaper is still a struggle but I do try most nights and I have achieved this a few times, I don't spend a ton of time trying, usually 10-15 minutes then I'll get up and change as I do need my sleep. This, however does bring me back to one of the main reasons why I started in the first place, It's hard for me to fall back asleep after getting up. When I succeed as this step of being able to sleep with a wet diaper (even if I wake up to wet and fall back asleep) I will be ecstatic.

That's pretty much it for this update. Always love feedback, tips and helping anyone else starting out. Thank you all for following along on my Journey. 

Ill probably at some point clean up my first post a bit, I do realize it's a wall of text to read. 😂

11 minutes ago, SoakedSheets said:

Figured it was about time I swung by and said hello to everyone following the journey here (and for me to look back at monthly updates to see how far I've come).

As we work through 4th month, a not a ton has changed but a few things I consider strong progress overall. 

- I can now pretty easily wet in any position. This just a few months ago seemed like it was going to be a struggle for a long time but now I know I'm doing it, but don't really have an issue doing it. I am confident in my diaper and plastic pants to contain any of the liquid and the excitement of it that was there early on has worn off which I feel is a big part of achieving this step. 

- I continued to get use to the feeling of a wet diaper for the most part. Another strong point I feel. Falling back asleep in a wet diaper is still a struggle but I do try most nights and I have achieved this a few times, I don't spend a ton of time trying, usually 10-15 minutes then I'll get up and change as I do need my sleep. This, however does bring me back to one of the main reasons why I started in the first place, It's hard for me to fall back asleep after getting up. When I succeed as this step of being able to sleep with a wet diaper (even if I wake up to wet and fall back asleep) I will be ecstatic.

That's pretty much it for this update. Always love feedback, tips and helping anyone else starting out. Thank you all for following along on my Journey. 

Ill probably at some point clean up my first post a bit, I do realize it's a wall of text to read. 😂

I sleep so much better when wet. I really hope you can achieve your goal. Bedwetting isn't for everyone but for some reason I love being a nightly bedwetter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 2:33 AM, stevewet said:

I sleep so much better when wet. I really hope you can achieve your goal. Bedwetting isn't for everyone but for some reason I love being a nightly bedwetter.

Thanks Steve.

The last couple of weeks I really feel like I have taken a step backwards. I think I was too quick before to celebrate. 

I don't know if it's because I have gotten excited but am now struggling consistently wetting on my sides (I'm a side sleeper typically), struggling to fall back asleep after wetting (which honestly was always a struggle but now even more so) causing me to get up in the middle of the night and change then attempt for a long time to try and get back to sleep.

It's pretty discouraging but I'm not stopping. I have my eyes on the prize. Just gotta keep working on it. I find if I think about it or get excited I struggle more. I need to get back to where I was feeling like this is normal and is just going to happen and things will get easier again. 

2 hours ago, SoakedSheets said:

Thanks Steve.

The last couple of weeks I really feel like I have taken a step backwards. I think I was too quick before to celebrate. 

I don't know if it's because I have gotten excited but am now struggling consistently wetting on my sides (I'm a side sleeper typically), struggling to fall back asleep after wetting (which honestly was always a struggle but now even more so) causing me to get up in the middle of the night and change then attempt for a long time to try and get back to sleep.

It's pretty discouraging but I'm not stopping. I have my eyes on the prize. Just gotta keep working on it. I find if I think about it or get excited I struggle more. I need to get back to where I was feeling like this is normal and is just going to happen and things will get easier again. 

Don’t know if it’s applicable to you.  But back when I became frustrated with seemingly no progress on becoming a bed wetter I’d down one or more beers before bed for a few nights to induce sleep wetting(s).  These “successes” were key in sticking to the program till regular bedwetting without alcohol was achieved.  It’s a dream come true.  Good luck

On 12/2/2022 at 12:29 PM, SoakedSheets said:

Hello everyone,

Brand new to DD but long time lurker. Last night was my first night starting my journey to becoming a full time bed wetter. I wanted to share my progress, what works for me, gather advice and encouragement for others attempting down the same path. 

Why I want to become a bed wetter:

The main reason I want to be a bed wetter is because I absolutely can not stand waking up at night, going to the bathroom, then attempting to go back to sleep. There have been many nights where I wake up, use the bathroom, then... can't get back to sleep. Minutes turn to hours, then turn to alarm clock going off with only a good half nights sleep. My goal here is to be able to just sleep all the way through the night without even thinking about having to wake up until the morning when I can get my day started. And if that means starting with a shower, throwing the sheets into the washer and changing out of a diaper I would absolutely love it! I have also for as long as I can remember always desired to get back into diapers and now is my chance to do so.

A little bit of background about me:

Without giving to much away, I'm 30 years old kid, a "young" professional. Not married, no kids, live alone and am able to support my self. I do travel occasionally for work and have already planned to be traveling with diapers, bed protectors and plastic pants for vacation or pleasure I'm ready to commit to this. 

The warning you are getting ready to type in the comments: 

Before you type that comment I know you are getting ready to type, I have put a lot of thought into this. I don't have a partner and know this is something that could throw people off. I understand there are some costs involved and the "headaches" of being a bed wetter brings. This is something I have wanted for a long time. Will I regret it later? I doubt it, but time will tell and I'm willing to make the jump to being a super sheet soaker! (okay hopefully just my diapers and plastic pants, but if the sheets get wet oh well, I planned for it!) 

I'll try to post weekly updates of my journey for those following along, welcome!

Day 1 (Dec 1. 2022)

- Target run! Don't know why, bit nervous heading into the store. Picked up some other things I needed for the week and went to the IC area. Shelves fully stocked with Depends. Standing there looking at the shelves not really wanting depends pull ups or leak guards, nothing here seemed to be the right fit for me. What I did find though was the mattress protector I was looking for. Picked up the Ultimate Mattress Protector from AllerEase. I also picked up a few packs of their cheapest sheets incase I ruin some early on. Checked out and went onto CVS to see if they had a better selection of diapers and plastic pants. 

- CVS, Tons of CVS brand diapers, and everyone's favorite Depends. I did remember reading here a while back that Goodnites came out with an XL version and it was fitting some adults so I grabbed a case of CVS Fitted Briefs and headed down to the diapers section where they had Goodnites XL in stock. Picked up a package of those that had 9 diapers in them to see if I could in indeed fit. (6 ft, 185lbs, 34" waist approx.) Unfortunately I could not find any plastic pants at either of these stores. So I ordered a pack of 2 plastic pants from Amazon and got luck with same day delivery!

The reason I didn't order the diapers from Amazon is because I live in an apartment and boxes typically deliver to the office. While I am excited to start this adventure, and down the road they will likely know, not quiet ready to go let the word out yet. I have had packages that come in boxes actually show what's in the box or just have a label slapped to the box before ordering on Amazon and didn't want to risk it. 

Now with the shopping done, I eagerly setup my mattress protector as soon as I get home. Lay on it, hardly know there was a protector on it at all! Awesome. 

After waiting, what seemed like ages for my plastic pants to show up, I was ready to get started. I started with the Goodnites XL, and to my surprise, they actually fit quiet well! Just a tad short in the back, and tight around the... parts... but actually seemed to fit and I was surprised and happy at the same time. If this is the motivation I've been looking for to shed 10lbs or so, bonus! 

So after reading many guides on "how to become a bedwetter" going into my first evening I was not expecting it to be an easy night. Used the bathroom about an hour before bed, then started drinking lots of water. More and more water, I went through 3 1/2 20oz bottles in the hour. Had my Goodnite, plastic pants and jammy on and headed to punish my bed for the first of many upcoming nights wondering if this Goodnite would hold, if not would my plastic pants hold? If that fail's my new cheap and likely soon to be soaked sheets and mattress protector would be up to bat. 

After laying down I didn't really need to go yet but knew it was coming. I watched some youtube vidoes. Browsed DD board, read a lot of GloomyBaby's posts until I was finally starting to get tired and needing to pee at the same time! It was a race, but I knew I was not sleeping until I peed the bed. This was a massive challenge. Bottle of water by my side that I had been continuously drinking over the last hour or so now, the urge to go grew stronger and stronger but my mind, and bladder holding tight like it's a stronghold. 

Tried a few videos from YouTube to help me relax and hopefully pee the bed. Started with a one hour loop of running water, then switched to running faucet after a while. This whole time I was determined not to force it, but also to soak this diaper. After about 2 hours and relaxing and drinking more water I needed to go so bad but could not soak wet the bed. I thought of giving up. Heading back to the toilet I have been a slaves to in the middle of the night for the last 26 years of my life, but my determination won out. Finally I felt a bit of warmth around my diaper. Very little but some. This told me I could do it. Headphones on with running faucet, trying my best to relax. Over the next hour little bit here and little bit there. Minor celebrations as I lay in what I was envisioning a field of rain. Not long after more warmth, and lots of it. Finally, a steady flow. When finally done I laid there happy for about 10 minutes and had to know. Did the Goodnite hold up? Plastic Pants? Soaked bed?! Got up and inspected. Sheets completely dry to my surprise, checked my plastic pant, just as dry as when I had opened the package that evening. My Goodnite however was now swollen more so than I thought it could possibly go! 

Completely shocked that the Goodnite held up so well. I switched into a fresh one and went to bed Now about 3 1/2 hours past my bed time. And unfortunately (and expectedly) 3 hours later I was up again to use the bathroom. I decided with my alarm clock looming I would get up and use the real toilet. Todays battle was already won. Even with loosing 3 hours of sleep to start, it still took 45 minutes to get back to sleep I can't wait to be a bed wetter.

Tomorrow I am trying out the CVS brand, hopefully get a bit more room down there. For now I'm working on training my body that it's okay to naturally pee while laying down. Once I have this mastered, no more going to the bathroom overnight. I did have a thought of installing a timed door lock on the bathroom door so I wouldn't even be able to use it between like 10pm and 8am, however for the occasional guest who may stay the night, or if an emergency #2 arises or I get sick I figured this was a bit too extreme and not needed to achieve my bed wetting goals. 

Not all my posts are going to be this long I promise! Thank you for tagging along on my journey, for any advice, tips, tricks and encouragement that you y'all bring on this new start of my quest to be a super sheet soaker! My goal is to be 100% helpless overnight and soak my diaper nightly without waking by within 24 months. (Dec 1. 2024) 

@SoakedSheets,

to become a bed wetter again is all about confidence. You mind needs to believe beyond any doubt that there is no reason to wake to wet, and if it wets while asleep, there will be no issue. This is where the mind is referring back to a time where you wet while asleep, which subsequently woke you and you were cold and wet, where the person taking care of you stripped you of the wet PJs etc, which made you colder as the remaining pee evaporated off your body. This fully woke you up.  Your bed was also stripped and fresh bedding was put on your bed but before you could get back to bed and sleep, you were sent to a bathroom / taken to a bathroom where you were washed / washed yourself in luke warm water which also caused you to get colder etc.

As a result, you need to be confident that you wetting while asleep will not cause the above to happen. To do that, get yourself some thick cloth diapers and plastic pants, enough to last you 2 weeks between washes. Each night, about 2+ hours before your normal bed-time, get yourself diapered in double thick cloth diapers and plastic pants. Add baby powder (for the smell trigger) on the plastic pants and on your inside thighs - you should reek of the baby powder smell. When you need to wet before you get into bed, wet in the diaper. Go to sleep in this double thick diaper. This diaper is capable of lasting 12-15 hours between changes, as a result, it will only be slightly damp when you get into bed.

If you wake in the middle of the night needing to wet, without moving, relax and wet the diaper. Tell yourself "I am a good baby to wet my diapers".

After a few nights like this, you will notice that some nights you will sleep through and find the diaper a lot wetter in the morning than it was when you went to bed. This concept of not waking and wetting your diaper will increase slowly as your body reduces and eventually stops producing the vasopressin. At that stage you will find that the damp diaper you go to bed with will be at the point of leaking by morning. When this happens, it is better to go to sleep in a dry diaper to cope. I also suggest that you some protection (pull-ups / inset pads etc) day time to avoid possible accidents if you inadvertently doze / fall asleep during the day.

BTW, nocturnal enuresis (bed wetting) tends to reduce bladder capacity and weaken bladder sphincter which equates to possible daytime bladder control issues - some also have poop issues.

Reasons:-

1. Since your mind has accepted night time (sleep) wetting and to your mind there really is no difference between sleeping day time and night time which equates that your mind discounts night and day in relation to bladder sphincter relaxation on any urge.
  2. You were trained from birth to wet at any urge. This teaching became habit and then a source of comfort. Daytime bladder control was taught first while you were diapered at naps and night time. Even though it is stated that day time control was acchieved first, it took focus on daytime control before you started to become dry at night, and only when you were reliably dry at night did the day time accidents actually stop. The reason - the creation and balance of vasopressin. Full sleep wetting = zero vasopressin production.
  3. The mind avoids to learn a new tasks today if it already knows a process that is close to the behaviour / skill it wishes to complete. We all know how to void at any urge, but this habit was broken and a new behaviour of 'holding it until we can get to a potty' was taught to us. Wetting whie asleep is a habit / behaviour we already know how to do once we remove the reason not to do so. As a result, the process is wet on any urge. A baby did not know / care about the difference between day / night, sleep / awake, being carried / walking / toddling , it relaxed its bladder sphincter on any urge. It takes focus to not relax the bladder sphincter when not diapered.
  4. What is tied to this memory event of relaxing the bladder sphincter on any urge is relaxing the anal sphincter on any urge.

On 5/5/2023 at 6:04 PM, growlycub said:

I would not recommend waiting two weeks before washing cloth diapers. One week max, ideally every 3 days. Things start to get grungy quick after that.

The reason for a two week supply is the following:-

• You are double diapered each night
  • You are double diapered 2+ hours before going to bed, and one might need to change before bed.

As a result, 14 diapers using 4 per day and one will run out in 3-4 days max.

The idea of being double diapered early is to get used to the bulk of diapers, and maybe damp ones before bed. Also, in double diapers, it can restrict one movement due to the bulk between the legs etc. As a result, one will be waddling / crawling around while getting ready for bed... and this will take longer than normal. As a result, when yu get into bed, 1- you will be tired, and 2- once in bed, you will be reluctant to get out even if the diaper gets soaked.

There is a lot of subtle triggers in what I suggested above. These are the triggers that remind the mind to regress /  recall the baby behaviour of voiding at the whim of your body without waking you. These triggers are smell, feel and emotional. A baby does not think of getting out of bed to go to a bathroom. With the bulk, neither will you so the same result will occur but it is based on the difficulty in moving due to the diaper bulk rather than knowing / not knowing what a bathroom is for. 

If you get used to the double diaper thickness, add a third layer to increase bulk etc. You want your mind to make the decision to wet the diaper rather than waking you up to get out of bed to go to a bathroom. The first time you need to wet, you will wake, but remember the diapers and wet them. After a while, you may only partially wake tto wet, to such an extent that in the morning, when you wake, you might remember waking up to wet, but will be unsure if it was a dream or if you did wake to wet. With double or tripple layer cloth diapers, you may not even be able to tell if you did wet them overnight or if they are as wet as they were when you got into bed.  This is whatyou want - to wake up in wet diapers and not remember wetting them.

After a while, you can decrease the thickness of the diapers and even if you go to bed in dry diaper, they will be wet to soaked by morning... which means that you will need 2-3 layer diapers to avoid any chance of leaks. 

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to update this, it's been a while but honestly not much has changed. Some nights I'm able to wake up, wet the diaper and struggle to fall back asleep. Others I still for whatever reason can't wet while laying down. It's very hit or miss, sometimes it will go a week or so straight with minimal problems then out of no where it's like I can't do it for some reason. I'll either sit on the edge of the bed or kneel on the bed and wet that way. 

When I'm on a streak of being able to wet while laying down I can do it in pretty much any position. Not sure why the struggle some random nights and not others. I've also tried a few different brands of adult diapers. Those CVS pull ups which offer "maximum protection" are absolute junk and I threw the package away after one night. 

short update, but that's sorta where I'm at. I've yet to fully wet the bed and sleep though now that were over 6 months in. Hoping it happens soon. Also the last couple of days I've found a temporary method that I've been testing. Will post results on that.

5 minutes ago, SoakedSheets said:

short update, but that's sorta where I'm at. I've yet to fully wet the bed and sleep though now that were over 6 months in. Hoping it happens soon. Also the last couple of days I've found a temporary method that I've been testing. Will post results on that.

It's a long haul play.  I think that 99% of us can forget about that "12 month" thing.  It does sound like you're finding it (a bit) easier to go laying in bed though which suggests things are trending in the right direction.

For me, I was deliberately micro-wetting every time I stirred (at least a couple of times per night) and eventually, I started to lose sight of some of those events.  This subsequently was proved to be because I was doing them automatically in my sleep.

A bursting bladder will always wake me.  My wet beds happen because my body never let my bladder fill.

Even today, it's STILL more likely to happen if I'm a bit wet when I fall asleep but that's no longer 100% necessary.

23 hours ago, SoakedSheets said:

Those CVS pull ups which offer "maximum protection" are absolute junk and I threw the package away after one night. 

For what it's worth, you don't have to throw out crappy diapers or pull-ups. Just convert them into stuffers :) Much more economical that way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hannah YMS said:

For what it's worth, you don't have to throw out crappy diapers or pull-ups. Just convert them into stuffers :) Much more economical that way.

Honestly, that's a great idea. 

On 7/8/2023 at 9:37 PM, oznl said:

It's a long haul play.  I think that 99% of us can forget about that "12 month" thing.  It does sound like you're finding it (a bit) easier to go laying in bed though which suggests things are trending in the right direction.

For me, I was deliberately micro-wetting every time I stirred (at least a couple of times per night) and eventually, I started to lose sight of some of those events.  This subsequently was proved to be because I was doing them automatically in my sleep.

A bursting bladder will always wake me.  My wet beds happen because my body never let my bladder fill.

Even today, it's STILL more likely to happen if I'm a bit wet when I fall asleep but that's no longer 100% necessary.

Very true. It's one step at a time, the micro wetting though, how long did you do this until it was automatic in your sleep? I might need to try this approach.

I did venture over to the thread about stents last night. Seems like a super quick way to achive what I desire. Not sure how I feel about putting it all together and putting it in my body though, seems like high risk high reward kinda deal. If I do venture that route I'll be sure to post here

• Like 1