LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If we had truth in advertising laws

DailyDi

My work phone often says, "Spam?"  The thing is, usually it's not but the telemarketing calls do go through.  Nothing like a call from a debt collector stating they are "perusing collections against you".  Lets see how far they get in perusing debt collection against the largest health care organization in the state.

1 minute ago, minachan16 said:

I don't answer the phone if I don't recognize the number, and I don't call back if there's no message. Too many people out there trying to scam, not worth the risk.

Same. "phone" is the least used feature of my smart phone.

Some guy called me up today saying he was from energy company A in my state, and he says they are shutting off my power in 30 minutes. We have energy company B, it's in my wife's name. Ask him for address, he gives me parents address, where I've never been on the energy bill. I'm hostile at this point guy asks why I'm using foul language. I'm like, dude, you're a scammer, and I've already caught you, how do you think I'm going to treat you? Then he curses at me. What a CHUD. 

• Like 1

One thing that grinds my gears is I still havent figured out how to block phone calls and text messages from email addresses. Scamers have gone completely insane with ideas Ive never heard of before but at least not falling for it.

21 hours ago, DailyDi said:

thanks-for-the-heads-up.jpg

@DailyDi

yeah, I've heard of these spam calls a lot! I would get a whole bunch of spam risk spam risk spam risk all over my phone every time that someone would call me and try to sell me something. Back in the day, most people that would call us wouldn't even have caller ID, so there wasn't any way really to identify who was calling you.Now, everybody has caller ID , and even that sometimes says wireless caller, or unknown caller, or something weird , followed by either an 800 AN-866 or 877 or an 855 number . These are all toll free numbers , and there's a lot of people out there that want to scam you. I've even had people call me and say that my insurance is up on my car, or I need to renew my registration, or something like that, and I've been live for 50 years and I haven't driven.

it would kind of be interesting to be able to tell also if somebody online was going to be a problem for you, but sometimes that is almost impossible to find out until it happens. I don't mind caller ID, but I don't like the fact that for example if somebody's calling you, they call from some blocked number, and they end up trying to scam you. For example, if somebody calls me up, I use the old 10 second approach: by this I mean that if I say hello, I have to say hello about five times before someone will even answer me, if I have to say it more than three times, automatically hang up the phone. This is because there is an automated system that either picked my number out of a hat or called me out of the blue, and they want money out of me or they want me to talk to them about something. A few times, I've had to totally block their numbers because they just keep calling me and acting stupid.

Also they used to have the and they still have the do not call list. This is about as useful as two gallons of paint! Regardless of what happens, you can put your name on this list, and you still get these unsolicited calls, and I'm not even sure how effective it is. What I hate is when somebody calls me up when I'm in the middle of something, and I had it happen once where somebody calls me up, told me they were going to ask me three questions, I told them that I would give them three answers. They asked me if I had a credit card that was question #1, I said no they asked me if my parents had a credit card, I said no, then they ask me another question and I said no and then they kept on going. I finally had to hang up on the ******** because they kept on asking me questions and they didn't even stop. Some of these people don't even care period they call out of the blue they want money or they want something out of you, but there's so many people out there that have been scammed or made fun of or whatever that people are very very careful call my sometimes scared to even talk to someone on the phone.

Also, I wish that they would automatically make one thing perfectly clear: when you run for any office, you're required to tell the truth: if that was the way that life worked, you'd find out how a person was right off the bat, because you'd find out all of the things you'd be able to know right off the bat, and somebody like a mayor or a governor or a president, may not even be elected say nothing about the fact that they get nominated. Politics nowadays has turned into a big rat race, 90% of the phone calls you get between August and November are people that are running for office, in the year that they're running, they want your support, they keep messaging me, and they keep on asking me to vote. I will vote, and I vote for whom I think will help this country the best: right now I don't think anybody is very well versed to help the country Colin I don't want to turn this into a political debate either, but most of these people are either lefties righties or extreme left or extreme rights, they're not interested in making sure that we get what we need, and everybody argues and fights for their side, and nobody is in the dead center anymore. One of the things I wish that we could do is have the phone tell us that if somebody is lying or not. Or trying to get away with something, maybe that would stop all these idiots from getting elected and then not doing as they promised. I don't like a lot of phone calls where I don't know who's calling me, and I wish there was a law that said everybody has to show their phone number if they're calling from a particular business. They use the ability to hide their number from us so that we don't know who's calling us, and that way we can't trace the number back. Not only that, but even if they do show a number, you call that number back and it's either disconnected or there's no answer or there's something that they use they can use a phone Bank of numbers.

I wish that there was a way that we could make people not lie to us any more: we've been lied to for four years at least, and I wish that people would just tell the truth and be done with it! Also, there are things that are better left unsaid, but they pull it out and use it against you at all points, and they don't play fair! When I used to run for class office when I was a kid, I always used to be the one that was fair honest and had integrity. Other people also have those qualities, but most times in an election like that, we can still be friends and get the word out. It takes a lot of time for example to go through a campaign period even in the 70s, it was interesting to see how they voted, people spoke, things got put into position. We didn't have to worry about what happened in somebody's bedroom, or anywhere else that is in the private sector, because it wasn't made a political statement. We need to get back to being able to take care of one another, not worrying about what side has a better argument, because we all need to be able to get along.

Brian