LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Peak Technology

DailyDi

For the second year in a row the new iPhone doesn't interest me. Another small boost to the already fast enough processor. Another improvement to the already good enough camera. Nothing worth dropping a grand on, even if it's only $30 at a time (AT&T financing.)

Seems we've about hit the pinnacle of what the current phones can do. Time to innovate.

penny-for-the-middle-class.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm not a fan at all of "technology" ....its to high maintenance, costly, complicated and as far as I van tell.....really unnecessary! 

I dont have an eye-fone, dont need one...computors don't interest me, ( the tech sh*t is BORING) I only use what little I have for research on projects, and watching vids of people into what I like, reading blogs, and listening to music. 

The rest is useless to me. Well.....being able to come here and connect with other padded "peeples" ( a 'juliabam'-ism) is a bonus, so I know I'm not totally bonkers....

Tech....meh...I survived the '60's, '70's,'80's,  and '90's with out it.....I can survive with as little of it in my life as possible????????????????????

What phone companies need to do is go in the path of "right to repair". The ability to upgrade the hardware and software but you can chose your phone carrier as well. It would help to reduce ewaste and devices could last much longer with upgraded hardware.

Example: The fairphone https://www.fairphone.com/en/

A phone that allows you to repair or upgrade it.

I have a $30 4G smart phone and use it for text and talk.  When I need a camera, I have an actual camera for vacation trips that's half the size of my phone.  I do admit a smart phone can be a handy thing when, for example you do need a camera and don't have it with you, or when I was on vacation this spring and needing Tripadvisor on the internet to set a last minute motel reservation for a better price.  I think people spend too much time as it is on their social media and smart phones.  They take their internet and entertainment with them wherever they go in the palm of their hands, including while they are supposed to be working.  Ok, to each their own.  What bugs the crap out of me are the people who spend days in line and a thousand dollars for the newest version of the I-Phone to replace the one they got 6 months ago!  DUH!  Apple has a good thing going!  Getting rich off the suckers who have to have the latest version even though the previous version probably has more features than they will ever need.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/12/2022 at 10:04 AM, rusty pins said:

even though the previous version probably has more features than they will ever need.

Oftentimes, less features.  10 years ago some phones came with built-in camera effects like sepia, negative, black & white, etc., as well as an equalizer in many music apps.  Today, most phones don't have those features anymore or if they do it's scaled back significantly.

I still have my god old smart phone from last decade and have no reason to buy a new smart phone for a long time.

I read somewhere that the daughter of  Steve Jobs has criticized Apple because she thinks the new iPhone 14 lacks the technological advances to justify a new model and is not worth the money. I believe her criticism is absolutely correct.

20 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

Oftentimes, less features.  10 years ago some phones came with built-in camera effects like sepia, negative, black & white, etc., as well as an equalizer in many music apps.  Today, most phones don't have those features anymore or if they do it's scaled back significantly.

I totally agree. There has been no technological quantum leap with mobile devices since Apple launched the first smart phone almost 20 years ago. For the last many many years it has mostly been about apps, more or less the same smart phone festures, faster, bigger and in some areas better but in others worse mobile devices.

1 hour ago, Little_Mouse said:

I still have my god old smart phone from last decade and have no reason to buy a new smart phone for a long time.

You will if it's a 3G only model.   3G infrastructure will soon be shutdown (much like the 2G infrastructure was shutdown over a decade ago). 

I have my iPhone XS Max from a few years back. It’s fully paid and I’m not entirely in a hurry to upgrade. The Samsung I had before this, finally and literally fell apart after 4 years. (I was still using it with Wi-Fi.).  The reason I went back to Apple was with the iPhone, I don’t have to look for and learn a music player for all the music I have. 

20 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

You will if it's a 3G only model.   3G infrastructure will soon be shutdown (much like the 2G infrastructure was shutdown over a decade ago). 

It is a 4G model so I expect it will be connected some more years before I have to replace it with a 5G model ?