LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

new level of dumbness

2sail2

On 287 in northern NJ, a two lane highway with a speed limit of 65, people are now passing in the break down lane.  And even at one point where there is a lane for coming up the hill (which is not that steep),  they're passing in the break down lane.  So, they're probably doing at least 80+ to pass in that lane.  Often, there is either a car or truck in the break down lane stopped.  Over the years, there have been accidents were people did drive into the rear end of a truck.  

• Like 2

As a big truck ? driver I find it funny ? when they do that and they get stuck there and have to wait till we get by before they can get back in. LOL ? 

• Like 1

Ha, I legit am less than 100 meters from 287 right now. It's bigger down here though, minimum 3 lanes. I've never seen anybody passing in the breakdown lane though, that's just asking for trouble. 

• Like 2

this reminds me of 2 events,

1: in 2016 where i lived before, on a highway a school bus had stopped, kids was being let off, and in front of us some asswipe just couldnt be bothered to wait patiently, what did he do? he passed ON THE RIGHT SIDE, risking hitting those kids.

2: this one happened very recently, this year, a young girl who was maybe 17 years old, had everything going for her, made a stupid decision, she will never be able to make again. on the highway that cuts through the countryside, in a very rural area, you might pass 5  to 10 vehicles at most depending on where you are going, and could go miles before you pass even 1, she had the "it'll never happen to me" mindset, HAD. she was texting while driving, and when you do that your eyes arent on the road as they should be, so she veered off the road and hit the outside rumble strip, got spooked and overcorrected,,,,,, hitting a semi truck, HEAD ON! the semi had a dash cam so we know she was texting on the road and on the move, the driver did all he could to keep from hitting her, but there was no chance. she was flown to a trauma center, there they did everything they could save her life, there was nothing that could be done but to buy time for both her parents to arrive, which included having to amputate one leg, both parents got the chance to say "goodbye", and all they could is pull the plug, she was brain-dead(i dont mean that as an insult, but medically). she never thought it would happen, she must have thought "im good at driving, i know what im doing" and "it wont happen to me", she WAS a cheerleader, good grades, about to go to her prom, look at colleges, had a rich father who would send her on expensive vacations with her friends, a mom who was a registered nurse, a bother, my cousin was this girls stepfather for a time, and all of that is GONE, because of 1 STUPID DECISION, 1 arrogant thought. the notices are everywhere, its in the books you have to read to even get a permit, its on tv, radio, the internet, posters in schools, but disregarded in stupidity, recklessness. BE CAREFUL!!!!!

typing out #2 reminds me of something that almost happened to me in the same spot that that poor girl was killed at.

3: i was driving back from one of the 2 dollar stores in the area, there were 3 cars coming on that same highway, the one at the back thought it was too cumbersome to follow the speedlimit, so what did he do? ON A DOUBLE YELLOW LINE, SOLID NOT BROKEN, he decided to pass, didnt care about his or her safety, the safety of the 2 cars in front of him or her, or mine, if i hadnt pulled to the side when i did he would have hit me, causing a wreck that would have caught those other 2 cars in it. if i die, no big deal to me, i go to heaven, i welcome that, but what about those others? were there children in those cars? we dont know, all because this one asshole thought it was too much trouble to follow the same rules of the road we all agreed to when we got our licenses others were put at risk that didnt have to come up, unbelievably selfish. he was reported to a local deputy i saw at the local grocery store, i hope when they radio'd ahead that they caught his or her ass.

• Thanks 2

I was nearly hit head-on by an idiot that was passing in a no-passing zone, on govt property (Beltsville ag preserve), and on an OUTSIDE CURVE!   I had a dash cam and it recorded it all.  I barely stopped in time to avoid a hit.  All because the driver was an impatient asshole.  I was really tempted to not hit the brakes so hard --- cuz it could have meant a new truck after all.

We seem to be seeing this, “I’m to important, special, or better” type of driver much, much more these days. Rules don’t apply, stops are out (many times literally). Anything goes! How many times have you had someone blow a stop sign, so they can cut you off, turn in front of you, have you have to stand on the brakes, and you double check your rear view mirror, to see not one other vehicle behind you ! Their mentality, I can beat ‘em and be out front! ?‍♂️ Thanks for almost killing us both, so you can possibly get to your destination 3 seconds earlier. ?

• Like 1
On 8/31/2022 at 5:38 AM, 2sail2 said:

On 287 in northern NJ, a two lane highway with a speed limit of 65, people are now passing in the break down lane.  And even at one point where there is a lane for coming up the hill (which is not that steep),  they're passing in the break down lane.  So, they're probably doing at least 80+ to pass in that lane.  Often, there is either a car or truck in the break down lane stopped.  Over the years, there have been accidents were people did drive into the rear end of a truck.  

@2sail2   I am in north nj and I know all to well about 287.  I just moved back from a stint in Tennessee.

My first week back here I went to see a friend in Morristown.  And took 287 to get there.  Well these idiots wouldn’t let me on the highway. And when I was finally on the highway I had to get over one lane to get to the next exit.  Well those assholes wouldn’t let me on and blu me off the damn ramp.  I was pissed.

5 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@2sail2   I am in north nj and I know all to well about 287.  I just moved back from a stint in Tennessee.

My first week back here I went to see a friend in Morristown.  And took 287 to get there.  Well these idiots wouldn’t let me on the highway. And when I was finally on the highway I had to get over one lane to get to the next exit.  Well those assholes wouldn’t let me on and blu me off the damn ramp.  I was pissed.

add to the list the Jersey Slide, what a bunch of a$$es.  I try not to respond to any of it.