LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fair Food

3 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Good, but I go for the sausage and peppers; and German fries

I like the burgers and fries myself @DailyDi!  And of course the fried dough!    Can't go to any fair nowadays without having at least one fried dough. This year at the festival, we didn't have anyone selling fried dough . When I was a kid, and I went to the fair, we went to what was called the Champlain Valley fair, and Essex junction Vt. This happened for the last two or three days of August in the first two or three days of September until after Labor Day. I would go with my grandparents, or my aunts or my uncles, or maybe even my mom.Very rarely, did we get food on the midway . Grammy would make a really good dinner or a really good lunch before we went : the reason for this is that things were very expensive there, and it was easier to get something to drink , and maybe one food item if you really wanted it , but food being as expensive as it was, you have to be careful how much you spend.

so I might get a popsicle, or a snow cone, or maybe a hamburger or hot dog, and a soda. That wasn't too bad, and sometimes even a fried dough which I shared with family members. We would always be able to get something to drink, because sometimes it was very hot, and when you're riding on the rides, it's kinda hard when you're using all your energy up. I didn't get to ride on many rides, but I did play the midway games, and I did win some stuffed animals or something like that. Oh for the times of childhood when you could go to the fair with your grandparents and enjoy it, or you go to a family reunion in a big field and you get to see all your relatives and there are so many different people to see, and so little time to talk.

However, as I age, I have to be careful what I consume. I don't mind a fried dough, and I don't mind a hot dog or something like this, but I can't eat anything that's overly spicy, because then the next thing that happens is I change my diaper because everything comes out that end. I would rather keep myself hydrated and eat a hamburger or two, and then have a ice cream or something. This year, I was very very happy to see somebody that was running something called the Marian tent, and there was all different types food, and one of the the things that I noticed was he was serving chicken and rice. During the festival I had two helpings of this, and spent $21: the advantage to this is there was a lot of rice, and pretty good sized pieces of chicken. The other advantage is is that it didn't run right through me. However during the festival I did have to call it a night pretty early because of it being so hot and being burnt, and when I noticed that I came right in and put the allow right to my arms and my legs.

One more thing: I don't know about you: Grease always seems to be a problem: and probably it's not has helped thee as something that is not as greasy. A little bit of grease is one thing, but have you eaten anything that just turns you over real fast because it's all grease? My stomach one time was in agony because of that, and then it finally decided it's coming out. The result well, my stomach felt better, and I had a mess to deal with, but it made quick work of anything that I eat with a lot of grease. I don't mind some greasy items, but I can't overdo it with it.

I have fond memories of going to many fairs with my family: the one that we always go to is the Champlain Valley one. My dad used to go to the lyndonville fair or the Barton fair or something like that, and just take me, and have fun with the grandparents on my dad's side. Then I would go with my aunts or uncles, and we would have a blast! More fun than affair would be when we decided to go camping in the spur of the moment, and the next thing we know we're in Massachusetts, and then after that we're in Maine! Oh for the memories that we will always have and cherish, but I do miss those days of being able to go to a fair and eat my heart out

Brian

Yup! Fair food is pretty awesome stuff!!! Horrible for you but just so dang tasty.... Tasty chips fried or grilled peppers and fried everything else....ugh!! I think I gained 5 pounds just reading this!!!??

• Haha 1

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE funnel cake!!!! Especially with powdered sugar!!!!!??????♥️??? I could eat a dozen of those. LOL! I ALSO like fried chicken fingers, cheeseburgers and stuff like that, hot dogs, it DOESN'T MATTER what it is essential.????????☺️

30 minutes ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE funnel cake!!!! Especially with powdered sugar!!!!!??????♥️??? I could eat a dozen of those. LOL! I ALSO like fried chicken fingers, cheeseburgers and stuff like that, hot dogs, it DOESN'T MATTER what it is essential.????????☺️

Don't forget biscuits and gravy 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Apache Raccoon said:

Don't forget biscuits and gravy 

Oh yeah! I can't forget about that. That's my FAVORITE food Ashy!???????☺️?♥️??? I LOVE biscuits and gravy!?? Especially the way my GRANDMA makes it!?????????

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Babygeebee said:

Any time I go to the Stampede I got to have the mini doughnuts. Other big favourites are poutine and deep fried Mars bars. Yum?

I LOVE deep fried marshmallows! Yum!???

• Like 1

We just this weekend had a street fair , craziness was on full display in prices 2 tacos $14.50 1 ear of corn salt butter lime cilantro $7.00 ,,12 Oz can of faygo pop $3.00.  I went I looked , I came home and cooked ,cheddar cheese burgers with onions & prosciutto on pretzel rolls with ghost pepper ketchup and bacon wrapped grilled asparagus .

even the craft area was crazy wooden bread boards $40 , farmers market produce had grocery store pricing .

out of respect for the horses , I did not photograph them choking on the prices . And worst of all no place had funnel cakes or snow cones , there was a barbecue smoker restaurant but at noon on the 1st day they were already out of brisket and sausage .

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

We just this weekend had a street fair , craziness was on full display in prices 2 tacos $14.50 1 ear of corn salt butter lime cilantro $7.00 ,,12 Oz can of faygo pop $3.00.  I went I looked , I came home and cooked ,cheddar cheese burgers with onions & prosciutto on pretzel rolls with ghost pepper ketchup and bacon wrapped grilled asparagus .

even the craft area was crazy wooden bread boards $40 , farmers market produce had grocery store pricing .

out of respect for the horses , I did not photograph them choking on the prices . And worst of all no place had funnel cakes or snow cones , there was a barbecue smoker restaurant but at noon on the 1st day they were already out of brisket and sausage .

Daaaaang! ?

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

No one ever said it was cheap. It is a seasonal thing, and Fair season doesn't last long, so they have to make $$$$ while they can. Plus expenses, gas, fuel for burners/fryers, cooking ingrediance, LABOR etc..lots of expenses to cover in a short period of time. 

Corn dogs are always good.  Always get the $3 sloppy joe's at the church building.  That's about the cheapest thing at the fair.  Also paid $10 for a pork fritter sandwich, but the breaded piece of pork is about the size of a small dinner plate!  Fair food is really expensive but if you are going to eat there you have to realize it's going to cost you.  Those fair food trucks spend all their lives going around the country to fairs and events, summers up north and winter months down south.  You know it costs them plenty in fair fee's to set up for the week and that's how they make their living.  With all the different places to choose at a fair, you have to have something people really want.  I see those who don't with very few customers and they have to pay the rent. 

• Thanks 1