LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

He shot my arm off!!!

Spanky

8 hours ago, Spanky said:

Wow.  I'm glad that old man was able to protect himself.  Hopefully his heart ❤ issue isn't too bad. 

Maybe this will make some bad guys think twice. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-08-02/80-year-old-store-owner-shoots-would-be-robber

If not the losing the arm part, maybe just the "man's" screaming. Stupid punk got what was coming to him as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

he didnt even lose the arm, he got to a hospital and got treated, and arrested hahahaha, that son of a bitch better learn to obey the law, next time he might not be so lucky, and even if he had lost the arm, i couldnt care less if it was laying there on the floor, im more concerned with that man that had a heart attack from being forced to defend himself, and hoping the county or district attorney dont decide to punish an innocent man, i watched the footage, the attackers weapon was lowered before the gunshot, i think he should get a medal for shooting a robber, but the legal system is fickled.

• Like 1

Yup, saw this too....dumb s*it got what he deserved. 

LESSON: get a job!! And leave everyone else alone!!!

.......or next time it might be your HEAD!! ??

• Like 2
3 hours ago, feralfreak said:

he didnt even lose the arm, he got to a hospital and got treated, and arrested hahahaha, that son of a bitch better learn to obey the law, next time he might not be so lucky, and even if he had lost the arm, i couldnt care less if it was laying there on the floor, im more concerned with that man that had a heart attack from being forced to defend himself, and hoping the county or district attorney dont decide to punish an innocent man, i watched the footage, the attackers weapon was lowered before the gunshot, i think he should get a medal for shooting a robber, but the legal system is fickled.

He's still in critical condition in the hospital. I haven't found anything that says whether or not that he lost his arm.  A shotgun blast at close range could definitely take an arm off.

The store owner is out of the hospital.  He had to have some stents put in and seems to be doing well. 

Truly a shame that he had to go through that ordeal. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Spanky said:

He's still in critical condition in the hospital. I haven't found anything that says whether or not that he lost his arm.  A shotgun blast at close range could definitely take an arm off.

The store owner is out of the hospital.  He had to have some stents put in and seems to be doing well. 

Truly a shame that he had to go through that ordeal. 

well if he does lose the arm, good, i hope it  hurts for a real long time, critical condition? normally id say pull the damn plug, the son of a bitch laid in wait to do what he knew was wrong, forced a good man into a heart attack, the man could have dies, only reason im not thinking "pull the plug", not that its up to me anyway is i dont that poor man to have killed someone, even if its justified its still a horrible thing, but if the sob dies its his own fault

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw that and thought, "Good job for the old fart!"  He might have been an ex-marine or just so old and to the point he doesn't give a crap!  Just shoot the bastard!  Only thing I'm sorry for is that he wasn't closer with that shotgun and didn't aim for the head!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

I saw that and thought, "Good job for the old fart!"  He might have been an ex-marine or just so old and to the point he doesn't give a crap!  Just shoot the bastard!  Only thing I'm sorry for is that he wasn't closer with that shotgun and didn't aim for the head!

Saved taxpayers a lot if money in medical and legal issues with this fool...... Wonder if they caught his accomplices, there were at least 2, another outside the car, and the driver....

• Like 1
11 hours ago, square_duck said:

Saved taxpayers a lot if money in medical and legal issues with this fool...... Wonder if they caught his accomplices, there were at least 2, another outside the car, and the driver....

From the article:

Four suspects were found shortly after at a nearby hospital, where one was receiving treatment for a gunshot wound, according to a statement issued by the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department.

Yeah, wait around for your gunshot buddy to get treated, because the hospital staff isn't going to report that to the police.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ValentinesStuff said:

From the article:

Yeah, wait around for your gunshot buddy to get treated, because the hospital staff isn't going to report that to the police.

? Not too bright. 

• Like 1

He looked to be pretty close in the video.   Looked like the bad guy  turned just as the owner fired. I'm thinking that if he hadn't turned,  he'd taken it in the chest. By turning,  he lost his arm, but  not his life.

I'm thinking that he probably had bird shot in his shotgun.   Had he used buckshot,  the arm wouldn't have stopped those pellets and it would have been a fatal shot. But, then you have to worry about over penetration with buckshot.  A lot to consider when choosing a self defense weapon. 

Close range use number 6 shot.  I read that once in a magazine.  Buck shot will tear the hell out of your house but #6 shot will still blow a grapefruit size hole in someone at 16 to 20 feet but not tear up your house as much. 

14 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Saw the video on OnPatrol:Live last night, Old man did the right thing. Second gunman was about to enter before he decided not too lol

i forgot about a 2nd gunman, that makes it disparity of force, and good judgement, either way the man was forced to use lethal force to save his life, a horrible thing to have to do, id be surprised if he didnt have a heart attack after that, im thinking it would be a good idea to add that man to our daily prayers.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Close range use number 6 shot.  I read that once in a magazine.  Buck shot will tear the hell out of your house but #6 shot will still blow a grapefruit size hole in someone at 16 to 20 feet but not tear up your house as much. 

Could have also just been rock salt.....lots of people use that in shot guns as a "deterrant" 

3 hours ago, square_duck said:

Could have also just been rock salt.....lots of people use that in shot guns as a "deterrant" 

my late papaw use to talk about blasting stray dogs with that, and my old sensei use to use it, the problem with it is you have to clean the gun right after because its hell on the barrel

i keep #6 in my 12 gauge mostly so that I can plug the #*%*&# ground hog in the back yard when he comes through.   But it isn't a bad defensive round.   But don't kid yourself.   Tests show that most shotgun rounds of any material will go through several layers of drywall without a problem.

1 hour ago, willnotwill said:

i keep #6 in my 12 gauge mostly so that I can plug the #*%*&# ground hog in the back yard when he comes through.   But it isn't a bad defensive round.   But don't kid yourself.   Tests show that most shotgun rounds of any material will go through several layers of drywall without a problem.

semi auto? single shot? pump action? we considered buying a 12ga but the only one i saw that would be good for us is too pricy(we cant handle much recoil, a browning 11 would have very little, i know because my late former stepfather had one, he held it straight out and fired it to show how little kick it had), we considered a citadel 12ga but i talked to the makers, said it has a shorter barrel and needs a certain fps round to cycle right, so the reduction is gone, looking at a hatfield 20ga.

3 hours ago, willnotwill said:

Better than keeping #2 in the shotgun.

8 hours ago, square_duck said:

I've never loaded any rock salt to try, but I've heard that it's a myth.  The rock salt, upon firing,  gets crushed by the G-forces and turns into table salt.

2 hours ago, feralfreak said:

semi auto? single shot? pump action? we considered buying a 12ga but the only one i saw that would be good for us is too pricy(we cant handle much recoil, a browning 11 would have very little, i know because my late former stepfather had one, he held it straight out and fired it to show how little kick it had), we considered a citadel 12ga but i talked to the makers, said it has a shorter barrel and needs a certain fps round to cycle right, so the reduction is gone, looking at a hatfield 20ga.

I always recommend a pump action shotgun for self defense.  No matter how justified you are in using deadly force,  you're going to end up with a shit load of legal issues.   If someone is in your home and you rack the slide of a pump shotgun,  I think everyone knows that sound and will likely leave rather than get blasted with a shotgun.  I'd lean towards a Remington 870 or Mosburg 500.  20ga will do the trick.  There are lite recoil loads for 12ga. as well.

20 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Any shotshell  is going to tear up your home.  The biggest concern is over penetration, going through your exterior walls and into your neighbors house.  That's what can happen with buckshot.   #6 birdshot  will leave a nasty wound at close range.   #4 shot will give you a bit more penetration.  I live in a brick house,  so I choose OO buckshot.  15 pellets in a 3" magnum.  It's like a whole magazine of 9mm with each pull of the trigger.  You can go to a #4 buckshot load and each pellet will be like a 22 long rifle.  27 pellets in a standard 2 3/4" load. Again,  though,  that can penetrate exterior walls and enter your neighbors home.

Most pistol cartridges and all rifle cartridges will penetrate normal exterior walls.

5 hours ago, feralfreak said:

Totally agree -- semi automatic is the only way to go. When plugging a bad guy you don't want to have to stop to reload after one or two rounds!