LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Things Mommy used to do for you?

What things do you hate doing that was done for you when you were little?

Me: Cutting my nails. Shakey hands and bad vision on top of being a tedious task to begin with.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Jamesfull said:

tieing my shoe laces. never could figure out the under over rabbit hole w/e thing till i was like 13.

I still try and take my shoes on and off without untieing them

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I still try and take my shoes on and off without untieing them

@DailyDi

because of my cerebral palsy and because of the fact that I have problems with dexterity, my parents used to help me with several tasks while I was younger. One of the main tasks is that they would always help me with would be when I was having food, and they had to cut it up for me. For some reason I had trouble with a standard knife and fork sometimes and then my mom realized that it was just the knife and fork they were causing me issues. My parents bought me a special knife and fork that had a hole beveled in it so that I could hold it with my thumbs, and therefore when I press my thumb into the hole it gave me support while I was trying to eat. The knife had that same beveled edge with a hole, and you set your finger in that hole and it gives you stability cutting things. So I had my own knife and my own fork that was special and that helped me to cut things and eat things better cause I didn't have to worry about my control.

The second thing my parents would help me with because of my CP was putting on and taking off my shoes period from the time I was born until about 7 or 8, I could never get my shoes on without help because of dexterity, and then after my shoes were put on then I had to have them tie them because I could not tie my shoes either. When I started getting more dexterity, I realized that I was having trouble putting my shoes on because my braces were attached to the calipers. When I realized that was the issue, I started having my braces removed from the calipers so all I had was in the shoes. Once I had my shoes on, I was able to then slide the braces into the calipers and they lock in position. After many years, they decided that because when I was about 11 or 12 that I could put my own shoes on, I realized that the easiest way to do that would be to leave the calipers attached. Several times the braces would pop out of the caliper slots and I would have to have them put back in period to fix this, the company ended up making my shoes but when they ended up putting my calipers into the shoe itself, they put a couple of screws into the caliper to hold the brace in position. Basically this meant that I could not remove it anymore, and I really didn't need to because I could put my shoe on by holding the brace and then putting my foot down through.

So after my mom and my dad put my shoes on for so many years, I learned how to do it. However, it took them until I was about 14 to be able to actually tie my stupid shoes. I don't know why it took so long, and I don't know why it was so hard, but it was my dexterity that was the problem period therefore my parents had to help me with my shoes, and cutting up some of my food sometimes. Glad I had my parents helping me, because it was hard but i learned to do it myself after so

Brian

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Jamesfull said:

tieing my shoe laces. never could figure out the under over rabbit hole w/e thing till i was like 13.

Same here and especially tightening my ice skates. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

What things do you hate doing that was done for you when you were little?

Me: Cutting my nails. Shakey hands and bad vision on top of being a tedious task to begin with.

Getting dressed. I LOVE how Mommy would get me dressed in the morning when I was little!????????♥️??♥️???

• Like 1

My mom pretty much encouraged me to do things for myself.  Mostly things she liked.  She tried to steer me in her direction until I was in junior high.  She wasn't happy when I started to want to do my own thing, and was really not happy when I bought my first gun and decided I was going to take flying lessons.  In the end, I think after she realized I wasn't going to shoot myself or crash the plane into the ground and kill myself, she was proud of my accomplishments and didn't try to guide me to the things she liked.  I'm sure she also realized by then that I was going to do my own thing anyway.

I do, like I'm sure most people here also do, appreciate her changing my diapers, especially since I was close to 6 years old when I stopped bed wetting and finally was out of night diapers.  Not sure I really appreciated her diapering me at age 5 in the living room in front of the rest of the family though.

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, GabeG23 said:

when I was little my parents planned and help me do pretty much everything being premature and having cp (even though I can  talk, eat, etc).  I was told by them that it was scary, they used to help me dress like pick and buy my clothes, and pretty much help with school stuff and everything else. But now they want me to do all the adult stuff myself like buying clothes etc. even though I am 30 I still need help when it comes to buying my clothes like pants still don't know my size like when I was in middle school had the perfect pair of jeans that fit awesome but now when it comes to jeans or pants or shorts I have to trial and error. I asked my parents for help and they say how should we know? I said because you have been helping me pick and plan my outfits since I was small. and they say yes but you are 30 now. And yes they obvi changed my diapers when I was a baby.

That's a pretty cool story buddy! Did you like it when they picked out your clothes for you? I would've. And did you get to stay in diapers longer because of your CP or no, and how did you feel about potty training? And do you know your waist size buddy???????☺️??♥️?♥️?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Rachel1 said:

I used to hate it when mum used to  wipe my face all a time used to be so annoying when i was young.

Me too, I always would tell her it felt like she was trying to scrub my skin off! LOL ? 

• Like 2
On 7/27/2022 at 11:17 AM, Jamesfull said:

Did you ever wear velcro shoe laces until then buddy, until you were 13 I mean???? I would've!????? But then again, I NEVER had to take the time to tie my shoes, so I never learned how. LOL!????

Shoe tieing, hair cutting, talking for me because i didnt know the word to use. I knew what i needed to say but didn't know the words. Once I discovered a dictionary, i self taught the words I needed to say.

Would have been nice in preschool to have a dictionary on hand. Could have prevented alot of fist fights.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Would have been nice in preschool to have a dictionary on hand. Could have prevented alot of fist fights.

At the very least you can wack someone over the head with it when words fail. ?

6 hours ago, 2sail2 said:

Not at all.  

Well, you must miss some aspects of it because you STILL wear diapers. Maybe you don't want mommy wiping your ass after a diaper change, but I'm SURE if you had a young Mommy, you'd be okay with that.????? I KNOW I would be!??☺️♥️?????