LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Beer, Coffee, and Diapers

On 7/19/2022 at 5:59 AM, BabyJune said:

If drinking alcohol was good for you, then your doctor would prescribe it. My doctor is pleased that we don't drink...or smoke.

I don't live to make any Doctor happy!!! ??

I don't smoke, but I do drink on occasion, but only for flavor and taste. Believe me there are some wonderful craft beers out there with amazing and interesting flavors!!! 

Back to coffee beer, Samuel Adams has a couple of seasonal brews, one chocolate and the other coffee, known as 'bocks' , which I think is a 'style' of brewing....*shrug* 

Anyways, having tried both of these, I can say they are very interesting and enjoyable, and easy to drink. The coffee or chocolate isn't an upfront taste, but more aftertaste, it shows up after you swallow...not sure if the term, after it has been on your palet for a bit....very interesting...so don't knock it until you try it....unless you don't drink, or just don't like beer. ??

6 hours ago, square_duck said:

I don't live to make any Doctor happy!!! ??

I don't smoke, but I do drink on occasion, but only for flavor and taste. Believe me there are some wonderful craft beers out there with amazing and interesting flavors!!! 

Back to coffee beer, Samuel Adams has a couple of seasonal brews, one chocolate and the other coffee, known as 'bocks' , which I think is a 'style' of brewing....*shrug* 

Anyways, having tried both of these, I can say they are very interesting and enjoyable, and easy to drink. The coffee or chocolate isn't an upfront taste, but more aftertaste, it shows up after you swallow...not sure if the term, after it has been on your palet for a bit....very interesting...so don't knock it until you try it....unless you don't drink, or just don't like beer. ??

No, I don't like the smell of beer. but I want to live a healthy life--not for my doctor, but for me. So until the medical profession rates alcohol as good for your health, I will hold off drinking it.

53 minutes ago, BabyJune said:

No, I don't like the smell of beer. but I want to live a healthy life--not for my doctor, but for me. So until the medical profession rates alcohol as good for your health, I will hold off drinking it.

According to this, it depends: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/alcohol/art-20044551#:~:text=Moderate alcohol consumption may provide,reducing your risk of diabetes

If you are otherwise in good health and staying that way, there seems to be some benefits. But over consumption is always bad.

Note that you can find studies that say any consumption is always bad, but you do have to look at the source. I wouldn't trust a media outlet, a left or right leaning organization, nor the Academy of Brewing and Distilling Arts. ?

Water is only bad for your health when you drink way way too much of it and get water toxicity.  That can and has killed people.  Water is better for you to drink than almost any other Beveridge.  It helps keep your kidneys flushed out and keeps you hydrated.  No sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol, no phosphorous or other things.  I sometimes drink pop and flavored water, but I drink very little soda anymore.  Mostly water and I can go weeks without having a can of diet soda.  Water may taste bland, but it's one of the best things you can drink to keep healthy.

9 hours ago, BabyJune said:

Well, stale beer is disgusting.

But I don't like the smell of coffee.  Fresh or stale!

• Like 1
On 7/21/2022 at 2:29 PM, rusty pins said:

Water is only bad for your health when you drink way way too much of it and get water toxicity.  That can and has killed people.  Water is better for you to drink than almost any other Beveridge.  It helps keep your kidneys flushed out and keeps you hydrated.  No sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol, no phosphorous or other things.  I sometimes drink pop and flavored water, but I drink very little soda anymore.  Mostly water and I can go weeks without having a can of diet soda.  Water may taste bland, but it's one of the best things you can drink to keep healthy.

I assume you are unaware of the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide.   Not only is it the primary ingredient in industrial solvents.   Exposure has been known to cause extreme respiratory problems and even death.   IMHO- it's amazing that they still allow that chemical to be present in so many different household products.

PS- If it's not already realized- 100% of the above text is sarcasm.   Water is probably the healthiest thing somebody can consume.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 2:40 AM, spark said:

I assume you are unaware of the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide.   Not only is it the primary ingredient in industrial solvents.   Exposure has been known to cause extreme respiratory problems and even death.   IMHO- it's amazing that they still allow that chemical to be present in so many different household products.

PS- If it's not already realized- 100% of the above text is sarcasm.   Water is probably the healthiest thing somebody can consume.

Origin

Loading your audio article

On April Fool’s Day in 2013, a pair of Florida disc jockeys got themselves into a bit of hot water with station management for prankishly warning their listeners that “dihydrogen monoxide” — another name for that life-giving substance we identify as H2O, or more commonly, “water” — was coming out of local residents’ taps:

The radio station’s joke involved that “dihydrogen monoxide” was coming out of county residents’ taps.The joke immediately got the attention of Patty DiPiero from Lee County Utilities. She said Lee County residents began calling the utility saying they heard on the station that county water was unsafe and should not be used for drinking, showering or for any use.

DiPiero stressed in an email to media outlets that the utility was not having any issues with the water supply and the water is safe to use.

However, some people believed the hoax, at least for a short time.

One woman wrote in saying she worked in the food service industry and was trying to figure out how to serve customers and prepare food without requiring water.