LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 Monthly Diaper Budget

As a regular bed wetter it’s one disposable per night which is currently a bit shy of $50 per month.  Reasonable, but my beloved cloth with plastic pant would be more economical.

• 2 weeks later...

I spend $114 evy 8 weeks for a box of dry 24/7 that i wear every night, also i check in offerup for a good offers too for daily wear, actually i wear molicare slip and ATN during the day and add a boosted pad, qll those i gt from offerup or craigslist for very cheap price

• 1 month later...

When I was 24/7, (quit in May and just restarted yesterday) I wore one day time diaper and pulled it down for BMs as necessary.. when I got home and if I was super wet, I was put in a cloth diaper for the evening if we were not going out, then a thicker night time diaper for bed. But most of the time I was using 2 a day(one day, one night)..  Abenas were $60 a month and Tranquility was $40. So $100 a month. I'm upgrading this time so it will be more. 

On 7/7/2022 at 8:30 AM, Spanky said:

Wow.  I'm somewhat amazed that folks can get by with just two diapers a day.  I must drink too much fluids.   

I  do enjoy craft beer.  I  can soak a MegaMax in a few hours when drinking beer.

But, even when I'm not drinking beer, I really don't think that I'd make it 12 hours between changes, doing everything in my diaper. 

@Spanky for us who do not wear for need it is different.  When we go we soak the diaper and it can not hold.  But for someone who is incon they dribble all day long so it wicks in the diaper and it is much better.  And the diaper can last a lot longer.

12 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@Spanky for us who do not wear for need it is different.  When we go we soak the diaper and it can not hold.  But for someone who is incon they dribble all day long so it wicks in the diaper and it is much better.  And the diaper can last a lot longer.

When I'm diapered, I  do pee quite often.  Almost like a dribble.  I never flood it. I  don't hold it at all like I do when using the toilet. 

15 minutes ago, Spanky said:

When I'm diapered, I  do pee quite often.  Almost like a dribble.  I never flood it. I  don't hold it at all like I do when using the toilet. 

@SpankyEven though you almost dribble the amount of pee we would put out compared to a incon person is way different.  Their putting out way less as they are going.  So indeed even if we did dribble here and there it will still flood our diaper.  Though maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

@oznl @Little Sherri @Scarth @BabyJilly_S @~Brian~ @Enthusi 

19 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

@SpankyEven though you almost dribble the amount of pee we would put out compared to a incon person is way different.  Their putting out way less as they are going.  So indeed even if we did dribble here and there it will still flood our diaper.  Though maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

@oznl @Little Sherri @Scarth @BabyJilly_S @~Brian~ @Enthusi 

@DiaperboyEddie12@Spanky@oznl@Little Sherri@BabyJilly_S@Enthusi@Scarth@BabyCat2 @Kawaharu

when you're incontinent, as many of you are aware, when you go, and you have to go, sometimes it just happens. If you're lucky, most times you can just " dribble or squirt".  Other times however, you may have to release everything you have. Even if that amount isn't that much, you still have to let it out little by little. Failure to do this, will result in you just allowing everything to flood the diaper out, and then you will run the risk of leaking or having half moons on your pants if they leak in the back or maybe in the front as well.

The trick is, that every time you have to release, you let out a little at a time, rather than a deluge all at once. Yesterday for example, I had to go to the bathroom at least four times. During that time, I had to go, but I knew better than to just let it all out in one shot. Therefore, I just let out as much as I could, and then released it in squirts until I was empty. Doing it this way, you don't overwhelm the diapers padding, and therefore the diaper has the amount of time necessary for it to absorb anything that it needs to absorb.  Being incontinent, sometimes you have no control or choice, and you just have to release. The trick is that you have to train your body, so that it comes out little by little, and this will save your diaper, because it will give the diaper enough time hopefully 2 absorb into its padding. When I'm working for example, I always put a couple of boosters in my diaper, because then the diaper can be used more and more, because once the booster is saturated, whatever is not caught by the booster, will end up getting into the diapers padding.  Diapers can last longer this way, but even if you dribble and squirt, you may end up flooding your diaper.

If you just squirt a few times into your diaper, it might take longer for it to come to capacity. It all depends on the type of diaper that you're wearing, the brand of diaper that you're wearing, the number of boosters that you have in your diaper if any, and anything that you're wearing over the top of it. You may not have the best diaper on underneath your cover, but if you have the right diaper and cover on, you will lessen the chance that you will leak and go all over the place exclamation mark

Brian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @~Brian~ little and often is the way to go.  I am trying to train myself to release less and more often, flooding is the number one cause of leakage for me. It is difficult though, working from the home where I am sat down I tend to get absorbed in work and fail. Sitting down seems to inhibit much happening so I try to get up more regularly and wander about, which also helps the back and general well being.

When I actually go into the office, my attire also affects the capacity of the diaper. Generally it is compressed in jeans and that seems to reduce how much it takes before leakage, I think the wicking is adversely affected. Also, I cannot slouch and go or adjust very easily to counter any "wayward aim"

On a more positive note I have noticed though that at home I have a predilection to go when i am performing certain tasks, such as making coffee, cleaning a mug at the sink (running water helps). It doesn't seem to matter if i need to go or not, I always go a little bit. I honestly think it is being stood up and stood still. Anyway this is hopeful for the future if I can encourage this behaviour to be standard operating practice.

Anyway, to speak to the OP topic on hand I can sometimes go 2 diapers a day, sometimes its three, depends on intake. As I think I have mentioned in my post before due to kidney stones i should be drinking more than i do, sometimes i do, sometimes i forget...  

• Like 2
12 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

The amount of pee I create hasn't changed since the "before" times.  What has changed is that I pee a lot more frequently, a lot more slowly and each event has a lot less volume.  This is good news for nappy capacity.  I still experience leaks but not flooding leaks.

12 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

The trick is, that every time you have to release, you let out a little at a time, rather than a deluge all at once. Yesterday for example, I had to go to the bathroom at least four times. During that time, I had to go, but I knew better than to just let it all out in one shot. Therefore, I just let out as much as I could, and then released it in squirts until I was empty.

Well, there's an interesting thing.  I can't do that anymore.  Even though I'm not incontinent (during the day at least, the decision to permit pee to happen is still mostly mine), I can no longer pause, let alone stop a pee once it has started.  Once the pee is flowing, my bladder decides when it stops, not me.

To this end, counter-intuitively, I've found it's better to make sure that my bladder is as empty as possible when I'm close to leaking but not close to an opportunity for a change.  This way, my nappy is only dealing with small, incremental drips and dribbles in its saturated state and not a substantive flow that it may not cope with.  If there WAS a substantial flow and a leak started, I may not be able to do anything about that (apart from try to hide).  I find it safer to lean into this and try to rely more on my nappy rather than my (degraded) holding ability.  It's not incontinence but it's something to think about.  I've read that physiologically incontinent people often end up doing the same thing (just choosing to use their nappies because it's less drama and risk-prone than trying to hold).

• Like 3

Your skin health is important. Your body needs water and you should stay hydrated. Some people can only use 2-3 per day but that's not realistic if you use for BM too for most people. I need 5-6 high quality per day, like NS Supreme or Incontrol Elite Hybrid. Plus boosters for nighttime or travel. Plus wipes, plus protective pants, plus bags, plus cream, etc. $200-$400 per month. Using cloth will cut costs.

• Like 1