LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hook n Loop Yay or Nay

Spanky

Hook N Loop, Yay or Nay  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on Hook n Loop (Velcro) fasteners?

• I love them
    • I hate them. Give me sticky tapes
    • Depends on the diaper, some velcro tapes are better than others.
    • I've never tried an adult diaper with velcro tapes

19 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

ABU is asking this very question right now on TWITter. 

I do like ABU's hook n loop fasteners a lot better than others I have tried.  At least with the DinoRawrZ.  Can't imagine that their other diapers would be much different. 

On 6/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, Kawaharu said:

Not a huge fan of hook and loop diapers because they don't hold as well.

You need to try some Seni ones then....the h/l tabs hold like death!!! Or any of the Tykables products as they use the h/l tabs, and again, they hold VERY well!!!

• 3 weeks later...

For the most part, I don’t mind either sticky tapes or hook and loop. I will say I prefer hook and loop a bit more because they offer more adjustment. I am a little disappointed with the tabs on the new Little Kings and AlphaGatorZ, being that they like to separate after a little while, but if ABU can figure them out, I’d be more than happy to say hook and loop over sticky tapes.

I normally use cloth diapers (pinned on).

On a recent vacation I had both North Shore Mega-max and Tykables blue Camies for the trip.  My main problem is night time (bedwetting), but will have some light leakage at times during the day (due to side effects of BPH on the bladder).  As such, during the day I prefer something that can easily be removed and reused after re-leaving one's self.  I found the hook and loop system on Tykables as a reasonable solution - once I figure out how to properly press down on the tabs to re-seal.  And good for about one day.  If I had a bad nights sleep (and dryer outcome), trying to get a second day out of the diaper was pushing it a bit.

Ended up mainly using Tykables after finding it with their dubler handled my night time issues best over how the Mega-max handled things (almost, but not as good).  And during the day, the Mega-max tapes were a bit more "fun" to handle when making it to the bathroom...

10 hours ago, IminWetPampers said:

when you’re done with your diaper how do you roll it up and keep it closed with Velcro?

The same way you use the Velcro tapes to tape the diaper on in the first place!  I wear cloth backed diapers a lot and when done, I roll the diaper up and use the Velcro tapes on the side panels to stretch tight over the rolled up diaper and keep it rolled tight.  Never any issue.  With plastic backed diapers (which I love), once I tear off the tapes to remove it, the tapes are done for and I can't re stick them to any part of the plastic diaper I have rolled up.  That is, unless my plastic backed diaper has two sets of tapes. 

On 7/26/2022 at 3:01 PM, BabyJoseph said:

I dont like the hook and loop. harder to roll up and dispose them

On 8/1/2022 at 4:50 AM, IminWetPampers said:

when you’re done with your diaper how do you roll it up and keep it closed with Velcro?

Actually it's super easy.

Cloth-backed is same as any other (disposable) diaper.

With plastic backed, you first tear off couple of tabs with the velcro layer

P_20220804_092246_1_1_1_1.thumb.jpg.04c0f080cbfca92f68769cf8da24f0a9.jpg

And instead of rolling it up front to back, you fold the rear wings first:

P_20220804_092302_1_1_1_2_1_1.thumb.jpg.5749202207f79206cba302108aad718a.jpg

Then roll it up back to front:

P_20220804_092318_1_1.thumb.jpg.f526e123935b2a8574d74d64ed0f702d.jpg

Then fold the front wings, so you end up with the landing zone on top and close it up with the tabs you tore off, like so: 

P_20220804_092338_1.thumb.jpg.492d00cde59f198719ac84e00b39f724.jpg

Like seriously, it's not a rocket science. It's so easy to figure out that I almost feel second hand embarrassment for needing to explain this. And it's not an extra chore either. Takes maybe, extra 5 seconds ?, compared to rolling up a diaper with adhesive tapes.

So now that this argument against velcro tapes is done with, what else have you got?

Well there is the problem with the Velcro tapes not staying in place. When I’ve put my diaper on and applied the Velcro tapes I’ve found that when the diaper has been wet a couple of times that the Velcro tapes have a tendency to “slide” across the landing zone and that I have to re-adjust the tapes in order to keep the diaper secure around my waist but I don’t have that same problem with adhesive tapes. 

On 8/1/2022 at 6:12 AM, rusty pins said:

The same way you use the Velcro tapes to tape the diaper on in the first place!  I wear cloth backed diapers a lot and when done, I roll the diaper up and use the Velcro tapes on the side panels to stretch tight over the rolled up diaper and keep it rolled tight.  Never any issue.  With plastic backed diapers (which I love), once I tear off the tapes to remove it, the tapes are done for and I can't re stick them to any part of the plastic diaper I have rolled up.  That is, unless my plastic backed diaper has two sets of tapes. 

I must admit that with plastic backed diapers that don’t have a landing zone that can be a problem but I’ve never had that issue when my diaper does have a landing zone. 

• 5 months later...

IF I am honest about it, I really like sticky tape, but, there is a problem with it, mostly in that the stiky tapes are not refastenable, even the ones that claim to be so, or with the landing zone. If they are restickable, they are so weak as to be practicly useless. Theres a reason a lot of people would keep packing tape on hand to actualy secure there diaper, as the tabs would not work on there own.  Yah I know, tapes have gotten better, but, I tend not to trust them cause of experence. I loved the old tape on diapers, where the tape was super strong and had a really strong hold, but, make sure you got it right, or your SOL.

The velcro, at lest the good ones, are easily resastenable, and able to be adjusted as needed to keep things nice and properly tight. After all, it sucks when the plastic streches and your diaper falls off cause you can't refasten the tapes. The ones I have experence with have very good hold and stuff as well.

• Like 1

Well, I tried InControl Hybrid Elites for the first time yesterday after deciding to open the case and try one. I was not disappointed. Hook and loop has come a long way baby. They were not rough; much more pleasant to use. Didn't trust them at first, but found the hook/loop worked pretty well. Didn't have to adjust them and really filled them up with pee in a fairly short time. Really wet day. Yes, Virginia, they worked great and I really like them.

Thanks for the disposal instructions as I was a little lost on how to roll it up. Hippo Sacks are great for that.

Got an email ad from them today. They've added more diapers to a bag (can't remember how many) thus making the case slightly larger. They also claim lower pricing which comes to about $2+ per diaper. It seems to be a better deal and I plan to buy more in the future. The mainstay  remains Better Dry.

I really like the Hook n loop system lets me adjust my diapers for a perfect fit.I think in some cases they are better than the sticky tapes.I have never had one reales from a diaper on me.

On 1/24/2023 at 1:32 AM, NightWitch said:

I like the ease of being able to re-adjust with the hook n loop tapes. But they don’t ever seem to stay where I want them! 

You have to make sure the surface you stick it to is flat, and then you have to rub it in. 

Doing that I made 2-tape diapers fit me fine, not that I'm gonna buy more until I fit them better. 

5 hours ago, Dubious said:

You have to make sure the surface you stick it to is flat, and then you have to rub it in. 

Doing that I made 2-tape diapers fit me fine, not that I'm gonna buy more until I fit them better. 

I never even thought to rub the tapes in ?‍♀️