LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposal

What do you use for diaper disposal? Right now, I take them directly outside to the garbage, but that isn't convenient. Considering a diaper pail or similar to use indoors. What's a good brand or option for adult size?

1 hour ago, Andy DL said:

What do you use for diaper disposal? Right now, I take them directly outside to the garbage, but that isn't convenient. Considering a diaper pail or similar to use indoors. What's a good brand or option for adult size?

I just us my normal trash bags, wait till it’s full then put it into the can 

It would be nice if we had a little more information on how often you wear diapers.  Are you 24/7?  Do you just wear to bed?  Only on weekends?  Do you wet and mess?  If, for example you are 24/7 you might consider an 11 gallon plastic kitchen size trash bin with a good tight fitting lid with a diaper pail deodorizer hanging inside as a "diaper pail".  Put a plastic trash bag inside (they have ones that are scented to deodorize the contents of the trash can) and put your used diapers inside when you change.  Wet diapers shouldn't be a problem for a couple days, messy ones you may want to put in a plastic bag and seal it as tight as you can before tossing it in the trash can.  After a couple two to three days, take the bag from the can out to your trash.  How often you empty that trash can will depend on how full it's getting based on how much you use diapers.  I'd say let it go no more than 3 days at the most and that will be better than taking your diapers out to the trash every day or every time you change yourself.

If you only wear, say on weekends, then a small regular diaper pail with a deodorizing cake inside would be good enough to hold maybe 6 or 8 diapers.  That amount should last you through a weekend and then just take the used diapers out to the trash Monday morning.  Even if you only wear to bed every night and no more than that, a regular baby diaper pail should hold 3 or 4 nights worth of diapers and just empty it twice a week and not every day.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

It would be nice if we had a little more information on how often you wear diapers.  Are you 24/7?  Do you just wear to bed?  Only on weekends?  Do you wet and mess?  If, for example you are 24/7 you might consider an 11 gallon plastic kitchen size trash bin with a good tight fitting lid with a diaper pail deodorizer hanging inside as a "diaper pail".  Put a plastic trash bag inside (they have ones that are scented to deodorize the contents of the trash can) and put your used diapers inside when you change.  Wet diapers shouldn't be a problem for a couple days, messy ones you may want to put in a plastic bag and seal it as tight as you can before tossing it in the trash can.  After a couple two to three days, take the bag from the can out to your trash.  How often you empty that trash can will depend on how full it's getting based on how much you use diapers.  I'd say let it go no more than 3 days at the most and that will be better than taking your diapers out to the trash every day or every time you change yourself.

If you only wear, say on weekends, then a small regular diaper pail with a deodorizing cake inside would be good enough to hold maybe 6 or 8 diapers.  That amount should last you through a weekend and then just take the used diapers out to the trash Monday morning.  Even if you only wear to bed every night and no more than that, a regular baby diaper pail should hold 3 or 4 nights worth of diapers and just empty it twice a week and not every day.

I'm wearing daily, not necessarily 24/7. Rarely messy.

11 hours ago, Andy DL said:

@Andy DL

I use This One, With the Akord Liners:

Janibell Desktop Header Right

I use picture #2's can :)

I wear 24/7, so it is better to have a REAL can for these:  I think the bags for it are the Model 330's  I also have purchased NorthShore Discreet Disposal bags, which smell good, so when you have a messy one it isnt that bad, but you HAVE to take the thing OUT a LOT more than it says on their website, cause the bags will be heavy as heck if you try to load it down :)

Brian

• Like 2

I toss into an OdorNo bag and then right into the bin.  None of the disposal bags contain everything 100%... but these work well.   I used to get them on Amazon, but the choices there are not acceptable anymore (grossly overpriced).  I order direct now.

I wear 24/7, and use a cardboard box that is big enough to hold a black trash bag, and when the box is full, the bag is heavy enough. 

Inserts I usually take out and throw in a separate clear bag to take to the dump.

For those that go through A LOT of diapers....  ?      (and these are for real from OdorNo!)

The 27 gallon tote disposal bag:
Tote Bag, 27 Gallon - Single Bag

The 55 gallon drum disposal bag:

Large bag, 55 Gallon - Single Bag

And finally, for the ultimate in disposal, the IBC tote bag --- and you'd truly need a forklift to carry this one away!

Jumbo - 25 bags (1 roll)

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Crinklz Kat said:

For those that go through A LOT of diapers....  ?      (and these are for real from OdorNo!)

The 27 gallon tote disposal bag:
Tote Bag, 27 Gallon - Single Bag

The 55 gallon drum disposal bag:

Large bag, 55 Gallon - Single Bag

And finally, for the ultimate in disposal, the IBC tote bag --- and you'd truly need a forklift to carry this one away!

Jumbo - 25 bags (1 roll)

You'd probably need a fork lift, or at least a dolly to move the 55 gallon drum full of used diapers. 

We keep our kitchen garbage can out in our breezeway so the dog doesn't get into our trash.  I  just put my diaper in a plastic grocery bag and put it in the garage can.   I wear diapers occasionally, so it's not a big deal for me.  If you only wet them,  odor really shouldn't be a problem.   A poopy diaper will stink in the garbage,  even wrapped up in a plastic bag. 

If you want to have a pail next to were you change, I'd look for a small garbage pail with a lid.  If you have a dog, sometimes they like to get into diapers,  so make sure it has a good lid.

• Like 1
On 6/24/2022 at 9:02 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@Andy DL

I use This One, With the Akord Liners:

Janibell Desktop Header Right

I use picture #2's can :)

I wear 24/7, so it is better to have a REAL can for these:  I think the bags for it are the Model 330's  I also have purchased NorthShore Discreet Disposal bags, which smell good, so when you have a messy one it isnt that bad, but you HAVE to take the thing OUT a LOT more than it says on their website, cause the bags will be heavy as heck if you try to load it down :)

Brian

Brian, is the opening in the top big enough for a really soaked and swollen MegaMax? 

2 hours ago, Spanky said:

If you have a dog, sometimes they like to get into diapers,  so make sure it has a good lid.

Oh I found out the hard way about that long long ago.   This was when I was rooming with some other guys.  One had a dog and one winter, it got into a bag and tossed everything all over - including my used diapers!   Fortunately, I think I was the only one to have spotted it and was able to clean nearly all of the evidence up before anyone else got home.  Being winter, there was also a ton of snow on the ground so I think we had missed a trash collection or 2 due to the trucks not picking up down our street.  

1 hour ago, Spanky said:

Brian, is the opening in the top big enough for a really soaked and swollen MegaMax? 

I've always wondered about that as well - especially a well-used XL sized diaper. 

I was recently confronted with a dilemma. Currently we are allowed 3 bags of non-recyclable waste every 2 weeks, but to reduce the amount going to landfill, that is about to change to 3 bags every 3 weeks. I was hauling 3 very heavy bags out every 2 weeks, and my wife said my nappies would have to go into special semi-transparent yellow medical waste bags, left on the side of the road for all to see. I might as well walk around in just a nappy and a t-shirt, I thought.

Then someone here said they compost the inner lining, and so I started experimenting a few weeks back. I only pee in my nappies, and it is really easy. Simple tear the nappy open, tip the soggy gel and paper mash into a bucket and then drop the contents into a composting bin where I break it up into small lumps using a metal hook.

We are now down to one light bag every 2 weeks containing all of the plastic shells and other household waste. I'd imagine the shells could be recycled as well. Does anyone know?

Anyway, yesterday I took out my first batch of composted nappy/garden waste, and it looks very good. No smell and no trace of nappy liner. With all that nitrogen, the garden should soon be the envy of the neighbourhood.

And it only takes me less than 10 minutes every 2 days, and I am feeling very smug.

• Like 1

We are supposed to go from garbage collecting every 2 weeks, to every 4 weeks..
My bin get full in 2 weeks, so then I have to drive to the dump myself to deliver trash, which isn't good for the environment, but at least its free to deliver. 
People get bins in the size they fill it up in 2 weeks, so this is just a money grab, cause now many has to pay for larger bins. 
AND trash delivered to the dump must be in clear bags, so they can see what's in them, not that I care anymore. 

14 hours ago, Spanky said:

@Spanky

if you fold it up far enough, you can have it slide between the slot doors. However, sometimes what I do is to make it faster, I take a discreet shield bag put the diaper and tie it off and then open the entire lid, which is both of them and then throw it into the bucket. Sometimes when you get enough diapers in there and it is almost to the top it is hard to fit something in it so sometimes what I do is just open both lids drop it and close it.

Brian

19 hours ago, Spanky said:

You'd probably need a fork lift, or at least a dolly to move the 55 gallon drum full of used diapers. 

We keep our kitchen garbage can out in our breezeway so the dog doesn't get into our trash.  I  just put my diaper in a plastic grocery bag and put it in the garage can.   I wear diapers occasionally, so it's not a big deal for me.  If you only wet them,  odor really shouldn't be a problem.   A poopy diaper will stink in the garbage,  even wrapped up in a plastic bag. 

If you want to have a pail next to were you change, I'd look for a small garbage pail with a lid.  If you have a dog, sometimes they like to get into diapers,  so make sure it has a good lid.

Dogs, check. Have two.