LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

plastic pants brand

Anyone know the name brand of plastic pants the had the vent holes on the sides? I remember wearing them a couple of times when I was little and I was afraid the pee was going leak out. I dont know why my mom bought these because I always wore gerber plastic pants. I guess thats what was available when she was shopping.

A number of them. The first that comes to mind is BabyMate sould at Adams/Brooks between '68 and '84. They were usually made of thicker material

4 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

I think Playtex, made some with vent holes, and Empire for sure had them. 

Yeah I had some Empires with vent holes in my collection before I lost it.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Yeah I had some Empires with vent holes in my collection before I lost it.

I guess many brands made them like that, As I said it was strange to me because they were not the normal gerbers that I was used to.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, AbabeBill said:

I think Playtex, made some with vent holes, and Empire for sure had them. 

I got some Empire pathties in 1985 for a doll and I do not reall any holes, the material was quite thin

9 hours ago, Fakename4me said:

I think this is what is meant.

th?id=OIP.-Y-qZuXGXT6jO0L3Cav3hAHaFj%26p

Unfortunately, the brand is not listed!

Looks like a disaster waiting to happen!  We all know how wet our outside clothing gets when there is a little tear in the outer plastic covering of our disposable diaper.  I can just imagine a kids pants after using a cloth diaper with these plastic pants over it!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Looks like a disaster waiting to happen!  We all know how wet our outside clothing gets when there is a little tear in the outer plastic covering of our disposable diaper.  I can just imagine a kids pants after using a cloth diaper with these plastic pants over it!

Thats what I was thinking when my mother put them on me.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to buy Plastic pants back in the late 60's at a 5 and dime close to my house. they were made, or the name on the tag of the plastic pants. had the name "Rand" and they had small round perforations on the side at the top waist band. these where light weight  material, soft, had a nice crinkle sound to them and smelled heavenly. these were the first plastic pants I could buy and only available up to Toddler size. I remember them very fondly.

• Like 1

I remember these pants too. I always thought the vent holes were to let heat out. Being high on the pants I don't think leaks were a huge problem because the pee was mostly at the crotch. The other factor was babies leak and moms just changed the onesie or shorts.

Hugs,

Freta

I really don't think the vent holes were a leak problem.  When babies are wet you change them because you don't want you kid getting diaper rash from being in a wet diaper too long.

Adults?  Well, we do what we want, don't we.  ?

There were times when youordenarily would not change an older "baby" such as a toddler, or a bedwetter This was at night. Except for some places, the oint of very thick diapers was not to see how long you could go between changes, but to spread the wetness of more material. Before prefolds, babies were double and triple diapered at night. Under those circumstances vent holes or "breathability were meaningless because the diaper is just two thick. Fo newborn, a 21x40 diapers was folded into quarters. Some of the latex 1940's panties, the ventaliation was done by several cuts that ran from the waist to the leg openings at the sides. Also, you would be  suprised at howlong may mothers would let their babies go before changing them