LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Error - Final Chapter Added 6/21/2022

20 hours ago, Little Matt said:

Not quite the end yet, One more chapter to go.

Is the actual ending a kind of postscript? This really seemed finished, great final line and all.

So this is it. Thank you everybody for your patience (and even occasional nagging). It's been a real journey.

Chapter 28

Tommy turned into the driveway and parked. He walked in through the open garage, casting a nostalgic look to the stroller folded up in the far corner. He cracked open the door.

“Ma, I'm here,” he shouted.

“Come on in,” she replied. “I was just starting some coffee.”

He pushed open the door and walked to the kitchen. “Good to see you ma,” he said wrapping her in a hug.

“Good to see you too,” she said returning the hug. “Off on your big trip?”

“It's not that big a deal,” he said. “Just a boring speech and then shaking some hands.”
“Oh it's just opening a building you designed as part of the first successful seed project,” she said scoffing.

“I was just on the team that designed it,” he said as he poured himself some coffee. “And there were a lot of people that made the project a success.”

“You can't fool your mother with this false modesty,” she said sitting down with her mug “You must have forgotten I still know people who work there. I know your ideas were what finally made it all work.”

“If you say so,” he smiled as he joined her at the table.

“Well, can I see it,” she asked.

He took a stack of note cards from his pocket and set them on the table. “That's not quite the final draft. But that's more or less what I'll be saying.”

She adjusted her glasses as she read through them. She paused at one card in particular as a tear came to her eye. “You're more than welcome baby,” she said reaching across the table to take his hand “Every single moment was a joy.”

He squeezed her hand. “It was for me too,” he said as he teared up as well.

She quietly read the next card “And there it is,” she said as she sat it down “That's what finally made this whole thing work. Did you learn that here?”

He nodded “I just wasn't ready to move forward until I knew myself and knew what I needed and knew that I could ask for those things and depend on people I love,” he paused “I just tried to apply that to helping other people adopt our technology.”

She smiled proudly at him “My little boy, saving the world.”

He laughed “You were no slouch either, we never could have done it without the air purification project.”

“We're a great team,” she chuckled. She looked at her watch “You probably need to be going.”

He nodded “I guess so,” he got up and gave her a hug “Bye, ma.”

She hugged him back and gave him a kiss on the cheek “Goodbye baby, and good luck. I know you'll do great.”

“Thanks, ma, see you in a week.”

He waved and walked out the door. As he climbed into the driver's seat of his car he took a moment to take a pair of sunglasses from his backpack. Next to them was an old faded piece of cloth, one corner stitched carefully in place. He took it in his hands for a moment, enjoying the memories it brought, before stowing it securely again. He backed out onto the road and took one last look at the house. He took a breath, smiled, and drove off into what he knew could be a whole new world.

The End

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Matt changed the title to The Error - Final Chapter Added 6/21/2022

I'll echo what they said and add this: your story is remarkable not just because it is very well-written and enjoyable but also because of what it represents: that sometimes a dormant story can be revived and even completed. Maybe there's hope for the rest of us procrastinators.

?

I’ve always liked this story.

It’s creative and cute in all the right places. The regression shows up soft and sweet, and just fits this story so well.

Thanks for coming back and finishing. 

I refrained from commenting so far to avoid becoming one of the naggers you mentioned, as I'm sure I had a few years ago on a different forum when you were writing this. This is hands down my all-time favorite abdl story and I've been checking in with it every so often for updates since you stopped writing it back then. Suffice it to say my heart jumped when I saw you had actually updated. So I've been following along since and I just wanted to thank you for coming back to it after all this time and sticking to it and congratulate you for finishing it.

I do have one question about a loose end though. Earlier in the story he's given the learning teddy bear which is stated to play lessons while he sleeps. His mom insists he sleeps with it, and the very first night he does he has a dream involving the teddy bear and wets the bed for the first time following the events in the dream, which his mom is totally unfazed by. Later he confides in his babysitter that he suspects Cartoonimals is hypnotizing him and that's why he needs diapers. But more recently you said he just lost his potty training as he got used to his diapers. It seems strongly hinted at that he was being made to regress somehow, not just failing to keep up with everything in the new town. Am I reading too much into this or is this just a thread you decided to quietly not follow up on?

Anyway, thank you again for coming back to finish it. I hope that you decide to try your hand at writing again sooner rather than later, but understand that life gets in the way.

• Like 1

I was thinking the same ! Because I was suspecting his mom have some to do with his loss of potty training ! Nevertheless love the story and the way you finish ! Hoping someday you write about tommy maybe showing him growing up and stoping using baby things 

I was thinking the same ! Because I was suspecting his mom have some to do with his loss of potty training ! Nevertheless love the story and the way you finish ! Hoping someday you write about tommy maybe showing him growing up and stoping using baby things 

I've left some ambiguity as to how much the adults in his life were pushing things, but mostly he's simply in a situation where he's in so far over his head that he's effectively a toddler. The teddy bear doesn't exactly make him wet the bed but it puts him into such a deep sleep that it's inevitable. His babysitter dismisses the idea of hypnotism, but maybe there's something to it in the sense that preschool entertainment he can truly enjoy eases the whole regression process.

I guess what I'm I'm saying is that I didn't really mean to paint a picture of a concerted effort to regress Tommy. But maybe he got a gentle push here and there, and certainly, everybody was more than happy to let it happen. I hope that makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm happy to explain my own thinking, but I'm very much of the opinion that the author's own interpretation isn't necessarily more valid than that of the reader. Death of the author, and all that.

If you see a conspiracy to regress our protagonist I'm not one to argue. I really just want readers to take away whatever is the best story in their own minds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 12:11 PM, justme9000 said:

I refrained from commenting so far to avoid becoming one of the naggers you mentioned, as I'm sure I had a few years ago on a different forum when you were writing this. This is hands down my all-time favorite abdl story and I've been checking in with it every so often for updates since you stopped writing it back then. Suffice it to say my heart jumped when I saw you had actually updated. So I've been following along since and I just wanted to thank you for coming back to it after all this time and sticking to it and congratulate you for finishing it.

I do have one question about a loose end though. Earlier in the story he's given the learning teddy bear which is stated to play lessons while he sleeps. His mom insists he sleeps with it, and the very first night he does he has a dream involving the teddy bear and wets the bed for the first time following the events in the dream, which his mom is totally unfazed by. Later he confides in his babysitter that he suspects Cartoonimals is hypnotizing him and that's why he needs diapers. But more recently you said he just lost his potty training as he got used to his diapers. It seems strongly hinted at that he was being made to regress somehow, not just failing to keep up with everything in the new town. Am I reading too much into this or is this just a thread you decided to quietly not follow up on?

Anyway, thank you again for coming back to finish it. I hope that you decide to try your hand at writing again sooner rather than later, but understand that life gets in the way.

I actually thought the same thing. 

• 1 month later...

After so long of not reading it and seeing there was a lot I hadn't read I had to read it from the beginning again. Took me a couple days! I'm so glad you finished it and I love the way you finished it. I don't think the part toward the end of the story which explains her taking the call and maybe accepting the job as out of place. Sometimes flashbacks happen in stories and it helps fill in gaps. If it would have been at the beginning it would have taken away some of the mystery and I think that mystery helped keep us intrigued.

One thing that I am curious about is the phone call where she seemed irritated. Maybe something wasn't working quite right with her research.

A way to handle not writing about messes, is just casually mention she is glad this one is only a wet diaper. It implies that she has been dealing with the other, and you don't have to go into any detail.

I also like how she didn't just put him in night diapers all the time. I'm sure they felt a bit thicker. He didn't complain or focus on how they felt different. He also didn't complain about his new pajamas being zipped in the back. When he was given the teddy bear in 3rd grade, I think the teacher knew that he wouldn't be staying in class. I also think his mom knew it would potentially make him sleep so deep as you explained, but she would have had a hard time getting him to accept a diaper unless he experienced an accident for himself.

For anyone that hasn't seen Halo, the settlement makes me think of a part of the series in season 1. I will not say any more as I don't want to spoil anything.

There were some grammar and spelling errors. Really enjoyed the story. Maybe a sequel to this could be Tom with a family of his own, and what life would be like for his child growing up from the beginning in a new seed. Or his mom taking care of her grand baby. There are lots of directions you could take this. There is a lot that still isn't known.

The phone call was there for the moment it created. Whenever I write these stories I want to show caregiver getting something positive out of the relationship. I definitely thought I might be able to come back to it, but never had anything specific in mind. It just is what it is, some stressful grown-up thing relived by some cuddle time.

I've thought about some sort of continuation. And I have some ideas. But I had this story floating around somewhere in my head even if it was very far back for a very long time, and I want to work on other thing for a little while.

12 hours ago, Little Matt said:

I've thought about some sort of continuation. And I have some ideas. But I had this story floating around somewhere in my head even if it was very far back for a very long time, and I want to work on other thing for a little while.

That's understandable. The story isn't going anywhere and there isn't anything that says there is a timeline for anything following this. I'm sure it's nice to work on other stuff in-between, and maybe as you think of ideas, it'll give you time to make up notes.

• 2 weeks later...

Wowie, I never thought I would see the ending of this fantastic story, but I am so glad I did! This is one of the rare stories that is written extremely well, had minimal grammatical errors, and was an absolute joy to read. I love how Tommy is gently regressed and not being overly forced by others. And at the same time, there's all the futuristic technology that not only helps helps him become little, but also leaves the reader guessing about the back story and big plot twist. Sorta like a story by Teekabell, but with gentler recession. Simply fantastic! No pressure, but I will be looking forward to your next story. Take all the time you need to write it, but I do hope it takes less then 10 years to finish it ? 

**Cheers!