LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First work day in a pull-up..

About a month and a half ago my doctor prescribed me a pretty potent diuretic. Since taking this medication I’ve noticed an increase in my trips to the bathroom. I’ve also noticed that the urge to urinate has gotten stronger and if I try to hold it for too long I’ve had some minor leaks. 

Today I decided to ditch the damp panties and wear a pull up to work. I was really worried about being found out but I don’t think anyone noticed! I’m still using the toilet as normal but having protection against the leaks is great!

I’ve always like the idea of having some nighttime incontinence but apparently the universe heard me wrong ? The idea of adjusting to  daytime incontinence (no matter how minor) has come as a bit of a shock to me. But here we are. 

Any tips or nice words would be great as I navigate through this new journey. 

• Like 5

Pull-ups are great for discreet protection. No one will notice you are wearing one. What brand did you go with? The retail-store brands are thinner and more discreet, online brands offer more protection, but that comes with a little thickness.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Pull-ups are great for discreet protection. No one will notice you are wearing one. What brand did you go with? The retail-store brands are thinner and more discreet, online brands offer more protection, but that comes with a little thickness.

I chose one of the Tena brand ones. They were surprisingly comfortable! 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, NightWitch said:

I chose one of the Tena brand ones. They were surprisingly comfortable! 

Yeah, they are making them super soft these days! I need a bit more protection during the day, so I wear either Abeana or Bambino pull-ups.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Yeah, they are making them super soft these days! I need a bit more protection during the day, so I wear either Abeana or Bambino pull-ups.

I also bought some InControl Felicity pull ups. They just looked so cute I couldn’t help myself haha. They’re definitely a lot thicker. I’ll save those for the outside of work activities haha

• Like 3
1 hour ago, NightWitch said:

I also bought some InControl Felicity pull ups. They just looked so cute I couldn’t help myself haha. They’re definitely a lot thicker. I’ll save those for the outside of work activities haha

Those are pretty!

• Like 3
15 hours ago, NightWitch said:

About a month and a half ago my doctor prescribed me a pretty potent diuretic. Since taking this medication I’ve noticed an increase in my trips to the bathroom. I’ve also noticed that the urge to urinate has gotten stronger and if I try to hold it for too long I’ve had some minor leaks. 

Today I decided to ditch the damp panties and wear a pull up to work. I was really worried about being found out but I don’t think anyone noticed! I’m still using the toilet as normal but having protection against the leaks is great!

I’ve always like the idea of having some nighttime incontinence but apparently the universe heard me wrong ? The idea of adjusting to  daytime incontinence (no matter how minor) has come as a bit of a shock to me. But here we are. 

Pull-ups are good but they don't hold a lot your best bet would  be to use disposable nappies/ diapers rather than pull-ups

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 4/25/2022 at 8:33 PM, NightWitch said:

Pull-ups are okay if you have just small leaks but since your going to the bathroom a lot. I think going to diapers is much better than pull-ups. 

in my case I don’t use pull-ups because if I did, I would be running to the bathroom a lot. It’s why I’m in diapers than pull-ups because they hold better than pull-ups. On top Diapers last longer than pull ups and I don't have to change as often.

• Like 1

If all you were having is damp panties I think a good pullup would be plenty at work. As long as your employer has no problems with your restroom use I think you'd be fine. If your leakage gets worse you could always go to a thin adult diaper. Slightly thicker than a pullup.

• Like 2

Congrats, @NightWitch. You can definitely get away with wearing pull-ups at work or where ever - they are generally pretty discreet, as long as they don't leak. I tend to prefer actual diapers, but this past weekend, I was on a golf trip with some buddies, so I wore pull-ups some of the time, and they worked okay. I was sharing a hotel room so I wanted something really slim and quiet for when we were hanging out in the room. 

• Like 1

I hate to sound like a broken record of responses but is seriously consider actual diapers. If you want to stick with pull-ups northshore make some reasonably good ones, I sometimes use them at home and they hold way more then most brands well not being bulky when dry 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

A little update:

Pull-ups seem to still be good enough for my needs. It’s been a little bit of an adjustment but over all I think everything is going well. I’m still wearing my regular panties over them. Not ready to give those up yet ? I still fantasize about having nighttime incontinence but I’m afraid to pursue it as I don’t want to lose any more day time control than I already have. 

• Like 1

As someone who untrained and now enjoys nightly bedwetting (in my nappy of course), I did achieve bedwetting while I remained continent at work in the day. So it was possible for me at least. If you keep using your daytime continence, most of it should remain. Only after going 24/7 did any significant loss occur during the day.

Otherwise, becoming a bedwetter is not easy and requires considerable effort to re-write your subconscious toilet-training. For me it has been totally well worth the effort, I am at my truest and happiest self being a devout and nightly bedwetter. Happy to give you suggestions for this at any time though.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Well it happened. I experienced my first leaky pull up today. I wet myself in the car on the way into work. When I got out I felt a wet spot on my thigh. Thankfully I keep a change of clothes in my car. I had to do a quick pants change in the car before heading in the building. 

sounds like it’s time to start asking for actual diaper recommendations ?

• Like 4
7 hours ago, NightWitch said:

Well it happened. I experienced my first leaky pull up today. I wet myself in the car on the way into work. When I got out I felt a wet spot on my thigh. Thankfully I keep a change of clothes in my car. I had to do a quick pants change in the car before heading in the building. 

sounds like it’s time to start asking for actual diaper recommendations ?

Leaks will always find their way in a pull up. That's why diapers are better than pull ups. Pull ups are basically for those who are being potty trained but want some protection.

A good pair of diapers from NorthShore is ideal.

• Like 1

Just reading over this thread. Did you have a genuine accident in the car in your pull up, or was it more of an urge to pee turned leak? I hope the op is feeling ok with her current medication situation. M4, Better Dry, and Northshore offer a good assortment of actual diapers should you choose to go that route.

A pull up is more for someone who is potty training and needs some protection.  Pull ups tend to leak sooner than a diaper and not do well with floods. 

Diapers can be more difficult to remove if you want to use the potty. 

• Thanks 1

I do understand the and appeal of pull-ups for work, it seems good as you can easily go to the potty and just pull down your pull-up.

But… leaks at work are literally the worst thing ever and diapers provide better protection, I chose a thicker diaper my self to avoid any change of leaks 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 9:28 PM, carsfan said:

Just reading over this thread. Did you have a genuine accident in the car in your pull up, or was it more of an urge to pee turned leak? I hope the op is feeling ok with her current medication situation. M4, Better Dry, and Northshore offer a good assortment of actual diapers should you choose to go that route.

I felt an urge during my commute and instead trying to hold it I wet myself. The medication has been great to manage the symptoms I was having. The urge and leaking issues are worth it in the long run. Thankful to have a supportive partner!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone! Still wearing the pull-ups to work and out of the house most days. At home I’ve taken a liking to wearing actual diapers during the day time. Just pull-ups at night. No bedwetting has happened but I still have the desire to become a bed wetter. I’m just hesitant as I’m at a level of continence (or incontinence?) during the day that I’m okay with. I’m not wanted to make that any more severe. Although I’m sure if I keep up the diaper use it might happen anyway ?

• Like 1

It sounds like pull ups are working for you and there are some advantages to pull ups. If you go to tabbed diapers they are more difficult to pull down to use  where pull ups are as quick as panties to pull down. They will save you some money over diapers depending on what you buy. They can also last from when you get up in the morning until you are ready to go to bed if you only leak a little.

The leak you had on the way to work wasn't so much a failure of the pull up as it was more a matter of misuse. You just need to remember that pull ups are not diapers and you can't just relax and let it flow because it's convenient. If you want the convenience of just relaxing when you feel the urge then diapers are the safer course.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Update: 

It’s been about 10 months of taking the medication that is causing my issues. About 7ish months of using some sort of protection (pull-ups or diapers) 24/7. I have attended a few events without diapers and was able to successfully keep myself dry (only because I had easy access to a bathroom). I found a better pull-up for work that hasn’t leaked on me yet ? I’ve gotten over my fear of changing my pull-ups at work. I typically do one change at lunch time. Then when I get home I’ve been changing into a megamax for the evening, changing once before bed or if I have to have a bm. I’m at a spot with my bladder control that I could potentially regain where I was before but it feels so much nicer to be where I’m at now. To be honest, I’m really considering pursuing my goal of becoming a bed wetter. Thank you all for your encouragement! 

• Thanks 1