LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

my thoughts on Gas Prices

Only EV I would ever by is the Ford Cobrajet, its a 1 off, so it will cost me a lot but I could rock a 1400hp/1500tq car but instead we get the Mach E. What the fuck is that junk! Goddammit ford! Cobrajet or take your drunk ass home. A Tesla S Plaid is also nice cause I aint no peasant!

Oh shit. Gotta drive 123mi out of my Shelby to start filling my tank with God's gift to us street races. God Ole E85 and this is testing %15 chocolate milk! Can you say 1100hp daily driver by the middle of next week! Road trip anyone!

received_505064431220484.jpeg

• Like 1

Oil prices are controlled more, now, by the futures market than by actual supply.   With Biden canceling leases back in February,  the futures market made oil skyrocket. Combine this with the war, the consumer got screwed. 

I really think that Biden is using this to push green energy.   People are thinking about electric cars now, because gasoline is so high. 

The problem is that there's still a semiconductor shortage, so new vehicles are going to be hard to come by.  Another big problem is that our electric grid is maxed out.   If everyone goes out and buys an electric vehicle,  we're all going to be having brown outs like what we see in California. 

I think that our country is totally screwed.   We're way to reliant on foreign imports,  of everything.   We have very little industrial might.  And people just don't want to work anymore.  We've lost a lot of work ethic in our country.   

I fear that we're in for some very trying times.

9 hours ago, CodHero24 said:

I've owned a PRIUS for several years.

I've been laughed at by friends, co-workers, family...

I get Road Raged because I accelerate slightly slower than gas guzzlers...

And now, my choice to help the Planet and my Wallet several years ago is paying off more and more.

All the Haters Chicken's are all coming home to Roost. (Whatever that really means...)

People say a Prius costs more upfront, which is true, but in the long run, they are cheaper.

Then they say that the materials used to make the batteries are bad for the Climate,

(But they don't have a problem getting a New Cell Phone every couple years...)

If you want to save Gas, there are some things you can do.

( 1. )   Park in the Sun in the Winter, and park in the Shade in the Summer.

( 2. )   Remove ALL "Dead Weight" from your vehicle.

( 3. )   Plan your Trips to use Right Turns Only, if you need to make several errands.

( 4. )   Consider flying to a far-away destination, instead of Road Tripping.

( 5. )   Turn off your Engine if you're parking for more than Seven Seconds.

( 6. )   Keep your windows UP while driving, and Dress appropriately for the conditions.

IE, instead of Blasting the HEAT, wear Layers and a nice SOVIET Hat.

I've known most of this stuff for Years,

and I'm posting it now for my Diaper Brothers and Sisters who might now

be interested in receiving this information...

And Most importantly,

DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE

I agree that speeding does consume more fuel.  

Sometimes,  though,  we value our time more than the cost of fuel.  So we'll drive faster.

If you drive your Prius slow, just please,  stay out of the left lane.

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Spanky said:

Oil prices are controlled more, now, by the futures market than by actual supply.   With Biden canceling leases back in February,  the futures market made oil skyrocket. Combine this with the war, the consumer got screwed. 

I really think that Biden is using this to push green energy.   People are thinking about electric cars now, because gasoline is so high. 

The problem is that there's still a semiconductor shortage, so new vehicles are going to be hard to come by.  Another big problem is that our electric grid is maxed out.   If everyone goes out and buys an electric vehicle,  we're all going to be having brown outs like what we see in California. 

I think that our country is totally screwed.   We're way to reliant on foreign imports,  of everything.   We have very little industrial might.  And people just don't want to work anymore.  We've lost a lot of work ethic in our country.   

I fear that we're in for some very trying times.

I agree that speeding does consume more fuel.  

Sometimes,  though,  we value our time more than the cost of fuel.  So we'll drive faster.

If you drive your Prius slow, just please,  stay out of the left lane.

Car n Driver had a coll article several years ago. It was on a road course and it was a new loaded prius at the time and a BMW M5 loaded. The BMW hD better fuel consumption and utilization than how the Prius did with the test. It proved that just because a car gets better mileage per gallon doesn't mean it's the most effective at fuel consumption. The first test was basically a time attack and the 2nd was a 40mph test and breaking test to simulate how daily driving. It found the BMW was able to accelerate and break using less gas and better fuel management over the Prius. Grant that M5 was probably 50k over the Prius. But it proved its point.

• Like 2

Its too bad the eco terrorists shut down the energy development in Canada.  We could have been providing cheap oil to our allies.  Instead we buy oil from Saudi Arabia and pretend we dont fund terrorism.  And somehow the crazies think we are saving the planet because we dont use our own natural resources.  The same amount of fuel is still being refined, processed and burned regardless.

• Like 2

I had a couple of Volkswagen diesel's back before they were recalled because they were allegedly poisoning us all. While nearly all off-highway diesel engines - gen sets, construction equipment, pumps - run with zero emissions controls. But I digress. Anyone who still has one wouldn't care if diesel is at $5.00 USD a gallon, because their tanks hold 14.5 gallons, and you can get 650 miles out of one tank. 

I'm in Canada so I used to pay about $1.30 a liter ($4.92 a gallon) for diesel, and that was almost 10 years ago. I never blinked. 1100 km's to a tank. It was glorious. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I had a couple of Volkswagen diesel's back before they were recalled because they were allegedly poisoning us all. While nearly all off-highway diesel engines - gen sets, construction equipment, pumps - run with zero emissions controls. But I digress. Anyone who still has one wouldn't care if diesel is at $5.00 USD a gallon, because their tanks hold 14.5 gallons, and you can get 650 miles out of one tank. 

I'm in Canada so I used to pay about $1.30 a liter ($4.92 a gallon) for diesel, and that was almost 10 years ago. I never blinked. 1100 km's to a tank. It was glorious. 

I wish my Shelby got 200miles to a full tank. It's about 100 if I'm lucky on a 16 gallon tank

41 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

I wish my Shelby got 200miles to a full tank. It's about 100 if I'm lucky on a 16 gallon tank

THAT is a completely different experience. Also glorious, but different. Those gallons are not burned in vain. I'd trade a diesel VW for a Shelby any day. 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

THAT is a completely different experience. Also glorious, but different. Those gallons are not burned in vain. I'd trade a diesel VW for a Shelby any day. 

You need the mvp of the day!

• Like 1

Gas is $4.29/gallon for Regular 87, $4.99/gallon for Premium, $5.45/gallon for diesel. For reference, thats 113.56c/liter, 132.05c/liter, and 144.21c/liter respectively. These are the highest nominal gas prices I believe we've ever seen in my region.

All amounts in this post are in USD.  For reference, converted to USD, Ottawa is paying 138.64c/liter for regular

11 minutes ago, baby664 said:

Gas is $4.29/gallon for Regular 87, $4.99/gallon for Premium, $5.45/gallon for diesel. For reference, thats 113.56c/liter, 132.05c/liter, and 144.21c/liter respectively. These are the highest nominal gas prices I believe we've ever seen in my region.

All amounts in this post are in USD.  For reference, converted to USD, Ottawa is paying 138.64c/liter for regular

What's the exchange rate between the US and Canadian dollar? Last I checked it was .76 cents for a Canadian dollar but that was years ago...

2 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

What's the exchange rate between the US and Canadian dollar? Last I checked it was .76 cents for a Canadian dollar but that was years ago...

1 US DOLLAR is equivalent to $1.27 Canadian. 

3 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

So there really has been any change between the 2 in several years. I thought it may have been closer to 1 to 1

It has been pretty stable for sometime, yes. 

7 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

So that's about $7.75ish US.

Gas has always been expensive here unfortunately, but now its on another level ?
2 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

I've been seeing a lot of stickers with pictures of Biden that say "I did this" popping up at various gas pumps in my town.

Those used to be funny when it was up .50 cents but Jesus I feel for the folks that are making minimum wage. $5 a gallon is aggravating to me but I can't imagine someone making a few hundred a week needing to eat and put gas in their car to pay for rent n food.