LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Appreciating the hassles that come with incontinence as validation and reinforcement?

Hard to explain what I mean by the title alone. But sometimes I think about all the little things that go with being incontinent.  Most people would classify these as “Hassles” and indeed they are. However, I actually appreciate these hassles because they are necessary when one has very little bladder control and diaper dependent / incontinent, and therefore are validating. 

For example, here are a few from my experience: 

- Having to use barrier creams regularly  to protect the skin. 
- Having an incontinence pad on my desk chair and a waterproof mattress protector on my bed.
- Having to quickly put on a diaper after showering (or putting a towel under me). 
- Having to keep a diaper bag with me at all times. 
- Buying dress clothes a size larger to hide the diaper bulge, and having them tailored down. 
- Having to keep a small number of cheap, thin diapers or pull-ups for times when you only need an hour or two of protection before you plan to change to a thicker diaper.  

What are some “hassles” of being 24/7 that others secretly appreciate? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I too feel validated by experiencing the inconveniences of incontinence.  While not truly incontinent I am very conditioned to just go whenever and wherever i am.  I can hold but it takes concentration.  The first time i ever wet when not diapered going into the shower was really eye opening for me.  It was the first real indication of what I was in for if I continued.  It was a little scary I'll admit but it's didnt stop me.  Now I am careful by habit and it is just part of my life.  That is the real validation and joy for me that I have just incorporated incontinence into my identity.

Sure, there are annoying things associated being in diapers 24/7, however I take it as practice, as I hope sometime in the future I won’t have a choice anymore. So, I try and use these annoyances as reinforcement and mental training.

• Like 1

Also always remember theres the other side of the coin, if you would have chosen toilet over diaper there are inconveniences aswell.

For instance one particular moment that comes up frequently for me is:
Being super tired and then, instead of directly falling into the bed, i have to change into a proper night time package first.
To counter that, just think about all the times the diaper saves you from inconveniences the toilet has,
like not having to stand up later in the middle of the night with a high pressure on your tube
or all the times during the day where you dont get forced to pause playing (or whatever you do)...
Like getting forced out of emergence of a movie/game, which also applies to concentration onto my work - no longer im like coming back from toilet and think "so where was i...". Or how about driving/traveling without having to think about where the next pitstop is.

After almost 2 years of 24/7, im certain that the diaper is superior to the toilet,
so even if there are sometimes moments when i think "oh in this situation i would would fare better being a toilet user",
there is no way i would ever regret and go back to using a toilet.
And just as a bonus point: Using the diaper is both functional and also satisfies me as a DL, while a toilet would only fulfill its function.

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess I'm still relatively new at this, I'm 5 months in with 24/7 voluntary untraining. I don't consider it a hassle or anything yet.. putting on diapers  and stuff has just become part of my routine and I still love the security and comfort they give me, I am thankful I have support in my wearing with my spouse..I've adapted my wardrobe with no problem and wear in public with no sense of shame or embarrassment. Sometimes I feel like I don't care if someone sees the top of my diaper or plastic pants peeking out above my jeans.. I enjoy the baby feeling that much. If I could get away with it I would bring my pacifier with me too ☺️ 

• Like 4
On 2/28/2022 at 8:13 PM, Mindylou said:

I enjoy the baby feeling that much. If I could get away with it I would bring my pacifier with me too ☺️ 

Me too.  Actually I always have my dummy with me, & if I'm driving at night or walking Binky where it's quiet, then it comes out of my pocket & into my mouth.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Stroller said:

Me too.  Actually I always have my dummy with me, & if I'm driving at night or walking Binky where it's quiet, then it comes out of my pocket & into my mouth.

I know! I usually have one in reach all the time also. One in my purse, one in my lunchbox I carry to work, one in a kitchen drawer and several on my bedside table.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 2:22 PM, Enthusi said:

Hard to explain what I mean by the title alone. But sometimes I think about all the little things that go with being incontinent.  Most people would classify these as “Hassles” and indeed they are. However, I actually appreciate these hassles because they are necessary when one has very little bladder control and diaper dependent / incontinent, and therefore are validating. 

For example, here are a few from my experience: 

- Having to use barrier creams regularly  to protect the skin. 

I just posted in my update about barrier areas and needing to use them regularly.  Had not had to really do so the first couple months of entraining, but now a MUST!  Not the biggest hassle by any stretch, but there it is!  I'm using Calmoseptine...has anyone used something else they prefer?  

20 hours ago, DLJeff52 said:

I just posted in my update about barrier areas and needing to use them regularly.  Had not had to really do so the first couple months of entraining, but now a MUST!  Not the biggest hassle by any stretch, but there it is!  I'm using Calmoseptine...has anyone used something else they prefer?  

I have every rash cream made I think, including yours. Currently the one I am using all the time is Medline Sooth and Cool. Just ordered a box of tubes. It’s more expensive petroleum jelly but I think works better with the additives. Seemed to deal with the friction/ incon rash the best on my bottom. I also wipe after every change and then pat dry with TP or a dry washcloth. Frequent changes also help if you are truly 24/7 for everything for a variety of reasons, but everyone is different. 

2 hours ago, PuraVidaDip said:

I have every rash cream made I think, including yours. Currently the one I am using all the time is Medline Sooth and Cool. Just ordered a box of tubes. It’s more expensive petroleum jelly but I think works better with the additives. Seemed to deal with the friction/ incon rash the best on my bottom. I also wipe after every change and then pat dry with TP or a dry washcloth. Frequent changes also help if you are truly 24/7 for everything for a variety of reasons, but everyone is different. 

I'm with you. Medline Remedy products work well. Just shoveled on a bunch of calzamine and ovalamine. They work well to heal and prevent rash.

• Like 1