LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Covid and Diapers

Anyone using diapers more because of Covid. My wife and I are now wearing them when ever we go out shopping. Public restrooms are some of the most unhygienic places you will find when out. It makes more sense to wear diapers than rely on public facilities. My wife does not share my love of diapers, but she does agree with me on this.

I am curious what others think about this.

• Like 3

I, too, find public restrooms unhygienic.  From what my wife has described,  men's facilities tend to be orders of magnitude worse than the women's facilities.  I am definitely wearing more often during the pandemic.

• Like 1

I think I'm actually wearing fewer diapers than I was before Covid, although I agree with your assessment that public washrooms tend to be petri dishes.  Here's why: I've been working 99% from home since the pandemic started, and at least here in Canada, gyms have been closed for months on end, repeatedly. As a result, I've been able to wear bigger diapers, and wear them longer - often, I can get through 24 hours in just 2-3 diapers if I'm mostly staying home, other than running out for groceries or whatever. Whereas if I were visiting clients, I'd probably change my diaper if it was at more than half capacity, to avoid the possibility of leaks or having to change away from the house, and, to reduce the visual bulk, I'd wear lighter-duty products when I'm out. Back when I was going to the gym 3 - 4 times a week, I would wear slim, cloth-backed diapers that were only good for a couple of hours, so any gym day was going to be at least a 3-diaper day, because I'd toss whatever I had on, wear my gym diaper to work out, then take a shower, and put on another diaper. 

So, if things ever go back to "normal", with respect to the pandemic and my job, I'll probably use more diapers, rather than less. I can't put a suit on over a Megamax I've been in for 10 hours... I'd look like a toddler wearing a suit. 

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, NoIllDL said:

I, too, find public restrooms unhygienic.  From what my wife has described,  men's facilities tend to be orders of magnitude worse than the women's facilities.  I am definitely wearing more often during the pandemic.

When I was in high-school I worked evenings as a janitor. I always found both men's and women's restrooms to be fairly equal. However I did clean change rooms also, and there the women's were worse than the men. This was back in the late 70's.

No, same here but what about masks?  With the major increase of people in hospitals and with covid due to the current strain being so much more contagious, people should be masking up againg when in public places, however the majority does not.  Probably one more reason Covid infections are at it's highest rate ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Easier for using the toilet when I need to, and less expensive than 24/7 diapers.

Oh, that makes sense buddy! My brother HATES to make poo-poos in the potty.??? I don't blame him! I wouldn't want to either.??????????????

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, drynot said:

I know my diaper wearing has increased in Covid times.  Early days you didn't have much access to public washrooms so I just cut out the middle man and brought my own.

That's pretty smart buddy!????❤️???❤️

• Like 1

I wear when I want, so it isn't influenced by any outside event. Though, as said above it is more convenient than trying to find an open restroom

• Like 1

July 21 was a far cry from what it is now with the new varient that is so much more contagious but not quite as deadly.  Watch the news, and I'm not necessarlly talking about Dr. Fauci.  The over crowded hospitals throughout the USA, the major increase in children with covid, the fact that we are at the highest number of people with Covid-19 right now than we have ever been since the pandemic started.  In my hospital, over 24% of nursing personell are having symptoms of Covid 19 and having to be tested before they can be allowed to come to work.  We all screen daily for symptoms and depending on which symptoms we may have, we have to get a Covid test.  Some are working anyway due to the shortage of staff and pressure from their supervisors to come to work sick.  How do I know?  My office is where staff has to call after failing any part of their daily screening.  We keep those records. 

No, it's far worse now than it was in July 2021 when we saw a major drop in covid cases once people started getting vaccinated.  The vaccine works (when people get it).  I work in an office at the hospital that is open 24/7 and has a total of 20 people.  Five of them came down with Covid, one almost died.  One went to a concert in Chicago (the one who almost died and was sick for over 3 weeks), one spent a week in Las Vegas, one went to a couple parties where there were covid infected people and the other two were not vaccinated for religious reasons.  Thats 25% of the people in my office and, unfortunately, due to the nature of our jobs we can't work from home.  We have had to open an overflow unit in our hospital and that is full.  The ICU is full and of all the people in the ICU with Covid 19, 100% have not been vaccinated.  Out of the total number of people in the hospital with Covid-19, 88% have not been vaccinated.  Deaths in our hospital from Covid-19 are the highest it's been in a year and a half, 46 percent from people who have not been vaccinated.  Those same people are the ones not protecting themselves by going to concerts, large gatherings and not masking.

Say what you will, I really don't care anymore.  I see it first hand.  If you want to complain about masking and getting a vaccine, fine.  If you want to die, I can't stop that from happening.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, rusty pins said:

July 21 was a far cry from what it is now with the new varient that is so much more contagious but not quite as deadly.  Watch the news, and I'm not necessarlly talking about Dr. Fauci.  The over crowded hospitals throughout the USA, the major increase in children with covid, the fact that we are at the highest number of people with Covid-19 right now than we have ever been since the pandemic started.  In my hospital, over 24% of nursing personell are having symptoms of Covid 19 and having to be tested before they can be allowed to come to work.  We all screen daily for symptoms and depending on which symptoms we may have, we have to get a Covid test.  Some are working anyway due to the shortage of staff and pressure from their supervisors to come to work sick.  How do I know?  My office is where staff has to call after failing any part of their daily screening.  We keep those records. 

No, it's far worse now than it was in July 2021 when we saw a major drop in covid cases once people started getting vaccinated.  The vaccine works (when people get it).  I work in an office at the hospital that is open 24/7 and has a total of 20 people.  Five of them came down with Covid, one almost died.  One went to a concert in Chicago (the one who almost died and was sick for over 3 weeks), one spent a week in Las Vegas, one went to a couple parties where there were covid infected people and the other two were not vaccinated for religious reasons.  Thats 25% of the people in my office and, unfortunately, due to the nature of our jobs we can't work from home.  We have had to open an overflow unit in our hospital and that is full.  The ICU is full and of all the people in the ICU with Covid 19, 100% have not been vaccinated.  Out of the total number of people in the hospital with Covid-19, 88% have not been vaccinated.  Deaths in our hospital from Covid-19 are the highest it's been in a year and a half, 46 percent from people who have not been vaccinated.  Those same people are the ones not protecting themselves by going to concerts, large gatherings and not masking.

Say what you will, I really don't care anymore.  I see it first hand.  If you want to complain about masking and getting a vaccine, fine.  If you want to die, I can't stop that from happening.

You make some very good valid points buddy, especially if you work in an hospital. Are you a doctor????‍⚕️??????☺️❤️??❤️?

• Like 2

I think Covid made being diapered so much easier because many places don’t have clean bathrooms. It made being diapered so much better and made it so much easier on me.

• Like 2

I am not a doctor, however I confer with doctors, nurses and personell on every floor of the hospital including the emergency room and get the daily and weekly hospital up-dates and statistics in addition to the ones compiled by my office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What do noticed is that Covid magnified  why I’m in diapers and why don’t use bathrooms or the potty. I think Covid made being diaper dependent much more accepting because I don’t use the bathrooms anymore and being diapered permanently made it so much easier on me.

i have been diaper dependent for years it just made it so i had no desire to change in public.  I personally hate public bathrooms they are grouse unless you find a family bathroom on that rare occasion 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, steveg said:

i have been diaper dependent for years it just made it so i had no desire to change in public.  I personally hate public bathrooms they are grouse unless you find a family bathroom on that rare occasion 

I'm like that too. I'm diaper dependent and I hate changing my diapers in public. Besides, I hate public bathrooms cause they are are sex/gender inclusive 

I think I've worn more during covid as a coping mechanism.  But a few weeks ago I caught covid.  while I was in quarantine, I wore diapers with a cath a few days for fun while I was mildly sick.  Turns out one of the side effects was  diarrhea.  One day I shit my diaper trying to get to the toilet.  That took all the fun out of it as I had to remove the cath for safety after that.  I just spent the rest of my days being sick and not having fun after that.

• 2 weeks later...

During the pandemic, my pattens didn’t really change. However, I did end up getting Covid and getting pneumonia from it, diapers weren’t even a thought, especially during the quarantine.  I think part of it was I wasn’t getting as much sleep, and I was trying not to go crazy because I really couldn’t do anything.