LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have you ever felt like a walking liability when airing out without a diaper on?

This is sort of related to my recent thread about vowing to never consciously stop myself from peeing.  The jury is still out about if this is realistic, but for now I’m sticking with it. 

I had an incident last night before bedtime where I was in my bedroom between changes. I thought it would be safe to air out for a few moments while I responded to some texts.  Suddenly I got the urge to go, which thanks to urge incontinence and a de-conditioned bladder meant I was on the verge of bursting.  It really does go from 0 to 100 like that.  Being true to my word I didn’t stop myself from peeing.  The best I could do is cover my parts with my shirt and run to the toilet. I sort of made it, but not really. 

Later, as I was dozing off it occurred to me that if my urge incontinence makes things that unpredictable, and I’m determined to not hold it in, then I am a liability when not diapered!  I feel like I am walking around with a loaded gun that can and will go off at any time! 

Though what gets me the most, and the thing I’m most curious to hear from others about,  is just how much it makes me appreciate my diaper.  I genuinely feel like I *need* to be diapered at all times if I’m serious about not exercising any control.  In other words, it doesn’t matter if it’s voluntary or involuntary or an accident or partly intentional.  It doesn’t even matter if I enjoy being diapered.  Even if I hated wearing diapers, I would still be thankful I have a diaper on to stop me from peeing all over the place.  Talk about a weird vibe! 

Anyways, I would love to know if anyone else has experienced that same feeling of not being able to trust yourself to stay dry?  Was it a bad feeling?  Did you learn to better appreciate your diaper?  

On the other hand, if you haven’t experienced that but you want to, all you have to do is promise yourself you won’t voluntarily hold it in and go long enough without a diaper and see what happens.   It worked for me! 

• Like 2

The only time I am without a diaper is when I shower. As soon as I am dried off after my shower, I immediately put a new diaper on because my bladder and bowel control is nonexistent.  I don't trust my body to be able to hold anything in for even a few seconds when I am not diapered.

I've often wondered about the airing out thing myself...Like, how do folks realistically do it? 

I can end up peeing (or at least getting the urge to) like every 5 minutes, so I don't air out because it's not practical to. I mean...unless I were to lay down partially undiapered so I could cover it I guess? But that'd be so anxiety inducing. I'm in the fifth month now and haven't had problems with rashes that weren't easily solved other ways (diapering a little looser, using powder on my hips when necessary, etc)

FTR, I can still hold it but I don't want to but that's not the point...I'm not supposed to be able to choose, like you pointed out. It changes perspective on things.

Like, changing location is another! The 12 month thingy says to never change in the bathroom but...why? Like, accidents are going to happen during changes, and while I'm okay letting it happen it is still a pain to clean up compared to e.g. doing it on a tiled floor. Plus, the shower is there if I need it, and all my supplies. So, I change in the bathroom...I just don't use the toilet.

1 hour ago, fillemup said:

The only time I am without a diaper is when I shower. As soon as I am dried off after my shower, I immediately put a new diaper on because my bladder and bowel control is nonexistent.  I don't trust my body to be able to hold anything in for even a few seconds when I am not diapered.

I want this so bad! 

When i am in diaper mode i refuse to hold no matter what.  I would only consider airing out if I had the area protected.  I got into trouble a few times early on in my longest diaper marathon where i dint plan correctly when getting ready for a shower and ended up wetting and messing on teh bathroom floor.

@Kif  The main reason I air out is not because of rash, but because I want a quick mental break from diapers. For me 10-30 minutes every few days is usually sufficient.  When I do it properly, I typically lay in bed with an absorbent bed wetting pad underneath me and veg out on my phone.  Sometimes I wear clothes knowing full well that they will likely be wet, but it doesn’t matter because I need to wash the pad anyways.  

@fillemup - How do you feel about NEEDING  to be diapered at all times? 

• Like 1

Can't air out... Too much dripping... Have to catch it just right so I'm not dripping down my leg or on the floor. Diaper is always in some state of wet. Even after changing doesn't stay dry for long. After a few hours is always soggy. Then if I can't hold a pee, it gets added to the mix. It's getting harder and harder to hold it for any length of time.

30 minutes ago, Enthusi said:

@fillemup - How do you feel about NEEDING  to be diapered at all times? 

It sucks because it is a very expensive issue to keep an adequate supply of diapers on hand to deal with this medical issue. I currently spend about $175 per month on diapers and supplies and the price on everything is going up now. My insurance doesn't cover anything so I have to pay for it myself. I hope total incontinence never happens to you. My incontinence is caused by a ruptured disc in my lower back. Even if I get surgery on the disc, it will not fix the incontinence issue since the nerves have been damaged.

• Like 1

@fillemup Yeah I agree that would suck, especially if you didn’t intend to be incontinent and besides, I hear ruptured disks can be quite painful.   I long since felt better being incontinent of urine and diaper dependent.  I don’t mind some loss of bowel control if it goes with the territory. But bowel incontinence is not something I need in my life. 

I probably spend about the same as you do on diapers, though in my case I wanted to be incontinent and I have budgeted for it. 

Do you have access to a healthcare continence nurse or social worker who can help you get your diapers covered by insurance? I hear it’s difficult but not impossible! 

13 minutes ago, Enthusi said:

@fillemup Yeah I agree that would suck, especially if you didn’t intend to be incontinent and besides, I hear ruptured disks can be quite painful.   I long since felt better being incontinent of urine and diaper dependent.  I don’t mind some loss of bowel control if it goes with the territory. But bowel incontinence is not something I need in my life. 

I probably spend about the same as you do on diapers, though in my case I wanted to be incontinent and I have budgeted for it. 

Do you have access to a healthcare continence nurse or social worker who can help you get your diapers covered by insurance? I hear it’s difficult but not impossible! 

No access to anything like that. My doctor doesn't seem to care about my back or associated incontinence issues. I need to find a new doctor soon just to get the back pain under control. Every doctor I have seen over the last 10 years has told me to do the same thing over and over again. That's physical therapy and epidural injections. I keep refusing to do those since they don't help. In the last 10 years, I have fired 7 primary care doctors because they are not listening to me. Now, I am getting ready to fire my current doctor.

I wish I was One year old again so I could run around nakey in the backyard without a diapie on and go pee-pees whenever I wanted to without it feeling weird, like the baby I am.?☺️??????❤️? Giggles!!!!!!!!???☺️❤️???❤️????☺️?❤️?????❤️??☺️❤️

• Like 1
8 hours ago, fillemup said:

It sucks because it is a very expensive issue to keep an adequate supply of diapers on hand to deal with this medical issue. 

Do you use cloth diapers and plastic pants at all?? Since I became a bedwetter, I use cloth diapers pretty much all the time for bed time, unless I'm traveling. Granted, the up-front cost is more, but I spend less in the long run.

3 hours ago, Diapered Dave said:

Do you use cloth diapers and plastic pants at all?? Since I became a bedwetter, I use cloth diapers pretty much all the time for bed time, unless I'm traveling. Granted, the up-front cost is more, but I spend less in the long run.

I do have some cloth diapers and rubber pants but don't use them too often because the do not obsorb and lock away the wetness like the disposable diapers do. Another reason I rarely use the cloth diapers is because cleaning a poopy cloth diaper can be a major hassle.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 5:22 PM, Enthusi said:

I thought it would be safe to air out for a few moments while I responded to some texts.  Suddenly I got the urge to go, which thanks to urge incontinence and a de-conditioned bladder meant I was on the verge of bursting.  It really does go from 0 to 100 like that.  Being true to my word I didn’t stop myself from peeing.  

Later, as I was dozing off it occurred to me that if my urge incontinence makes things that unpredictable, and I’m determined to not hold it in, then I am a liability when not diapered!  I feel like I am walking around with a loaded gun that can and will go off at any time! 

Though what gets me the most, and the thing I’m most curious to hear from others about,  is just how much it makes me appreciate my diaper.  I genuinely feel like I *need* to be diapered at all times if I’m serious about not exercising any control.  In other words, it doesn’t matter if it’s voluntary or involuntary or an accident or partly intentional.  It doesn’t even matter if I enjoy being diapered.  Even if I hated wearing diapers, I would still be thankful I have a diaper on to stop me from peeing all over the place.  Talk about a weird vibe! 

Anyways, I would love to know if anyone else has experienced that same feeling of not being able to trust yourself to stay dry?  Was it a bad feeling?  Did you learn to better appreciate your diaper?  

This exactly!! I'm at that point now.. trying to go without for awhile makes me hyper conscious about my body's signals and no matter what I'm doing I'll not hold. Don't want to reverse my training so far! I did it one time, out of the shower and put on shorts and it wasn't 30 minutes til I had a small accident before catching myself. I'm to the point in my diaper journey that no matter where I am when my body says it needs to go, it's happening in the next seconds no matter. Sometimes I pee and then think I hope I'm diapered because I just peed and then remember yes I am! I do wear 24/7 and I'm very dependent on them especially at night. I'm also getting to where I have to make room in my budget to buy diapers because going without them at this point scares me to death. 

• 2 weeks later...

When I am being aired out , I am in bed and my aide has already taken control of urine by inserting a catheter connected to a night drain bag , it remains in place while airing out or being bathed until I am safely re diapered . I am laying on a bed pad so if my bowels move my bed doesn’t get soiled .

• 2 weeks later...