LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Another whiny post

DailyDi

Sumbitch! As if I need any more pain right now, I have a toothache! Its in a broken tooth that's inside my gums so getting it treated would be even more unpleasant than usual. My cheek is swollen too, leading me to believe its an infection, so I am going to try and treat that and hopefully avoid "the chair"

Been there, ouch! You’re having as good a run of luck, as I’m having lately. Lost my job, my wife, and my knees suck! ?

Just to be clear, my wife left, went back to her parents. 

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

There is no avoiding the chair here. You'll have to have it removed. It will cause you more suffering if you don't.

I have 80/20 dental coverage, and don't have the 20 lol. I've done this before, knock out the infection and its fine for a few more months so I can plan to take care of it.

Man, that sucks. Dental pain can take over your world. I hope that you feel better soon, and I would echo the advice offered before, that you want to take care of that think as soon as you can. Otherwise, it's a ticking timebomb that is going to flair up on Christmas eve and derail your plans and cause you to have to pay emergency hours fees. 

1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

Sumbitch! As if I need any more pain right now, I have a toothache! Its in a broken tooth that's inside my gums so getting it treated would be even more unpleasant than usual. My cheek is swollen too, leading me to believe its an infection, so I am going to try and treat that and hopefully avoid "the chair"

Ouch! That DOES sound painful Mikey. But I agree with @AwakenEvil you shouldn't treat this by yourself. Have the dentists do it. They know what they're doing buddy. Doing it by yourself will only end badly.?

• Like 1

You have to be very careful of an infection in a tooth or your mouth.  It can very easily spread to your brain and cause serious problems including death.  Not to scare you, but that can happen.  People talk all about how bad root canals are.  I was terrified of them all my life.  I had one done a few years ago and then I had two done this past summer and fall.  I knew I had to have the one done, bad pain, but they also discovered the one next to it also needed root canal.  Not a big deal at all (except my out of pocket which thankfully I could afford).  I was super numbed up and it was a specialized dental surgeon who had a terrible time finding the root canal on the first tooth.  I just lay back in the chair with my mouth wide open listening to the dentist and hygienist talking about classic rock songs and fishing with a few swear words thrown in when the dentist couldn't find that one canal.  It was not at all as bad as I had heard all my life.  No, I didn't want the teeth pulled.  They are not in an area of my mouth I wanted to be missing teeth.

1 hour ago, spoonchicken said:

Agreed...so how much is the 20% gonna cost ?

Not sure, anywhere from $100 to $200 since there is a 1k cap on the plan.

At the moment I am pain free and the swelling has gone down, so the antibiotics are helping, at least for now.

I have had these.....definatly NO PHUN!!! ?? 

Something that helps a LOT is Club soda. I drink it all the time, but it is an "aquired taste", so it might taste funny. Use this to swish around and wash out the area, the carbonic acid kills bacteria and such and helps clean out infected areas. It does'nt have any sugar (which feeds bacteria) so it works well, and helps with pain. Also, rinsing with hydrogen peroxide helps clean out the area and kill bacteria, using a gum massager helps clean things out too. 

if all else fails, there is always sipping and swishing with some Jack Daniels, or some good moonshine!! ??

Hope this helps!!

3 minutes ago, square_duck said:

I have had these.....definatly NO PHUN!!! ?? 

Something that helps a LOT is Club soda. I drink it all the time, but it is an "aquired taste", so it might taste funny. Use this to swish around and wash out the area, the carbonic acid kills bacteria and such and helps clean out infected areas. It does'nt have any sugar (which feeds bacteria) so it works well, and helps with pain. Also, rinsing with hydrogen peroxide helps clean out the area and kill bacteria, using a gum massager helps clean things out too. 

if all else fails, there is always sipping and swishing with some Jack Daniels, or some good moonshine!! ??

Hope this helps!!

I actually do rinse with moonshine when I'm having dental issues. germ killer and numb-maker lol.

• Thanks 1

Lol!!? thats a good "short term" solution, but does'nt really solve the problem. Alcohol breaks down into sugars, which again, feed bacteria. The object is to clean the area and keep it that way allowing it to heal. Moonshine just kills pain and bacteria in the short term. 

You might also have a "pocket" in that area where food debris and bacteria can collect, which a gum massager can help keep clean too. They are those little pointy rubber things at the ends of some tooth brushes, they can be procured individually as well, they dont cost much, but work very well.. ?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, square_duck said:

Lol!!? thats a good "short term" solution, but does'nt really solve the problem. Alcohol breaks down into sugars, which again, feed bacteria. The object is to clean the area and keep it that way allowing it to heal. Moonshine just kills pain and bacteria in the short term. 

You might also have a "pocket" in that area where food debris and bacteria can collect, which a gum massager can help keep clean too. They are those little pointy rubber things at the ends of some tooth brushes, they can be procured individually as well, they dont cost much, but work very well.. ?

Good advice, thanks

A few years back I had the same issue, after about 2-3 months of "At-home remedies" I had no choice but to go in and have it extricated, worse I had "0" coverage so it was purely out of pocket.. around 800$, Luckily I had been saving for a convention I was going to attend and instead had to pay dental fees.

4 hours ago, AwakenEvil said:

Sounds like an extraction. Shouldnt be that much. I think in my plan its $50

I'm worried because the gums have closed off over it, so they are going to have to cut their way into the area first. Definitely not so bad as a root canal as there's no saving it.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I'm worried because the gums have closed off over it, so they are going to have to cut their way into the area first. Definitely not so bad as a root canal as there's no saving it.

see your local health department and explain your situation, dental and financial, i had a friend who had teeth so rotted he could only brush them with a q tip, he couldnt afford a dentist and i told him to do the same, the arranged for him to see a dentist to have them taken out. give it a shot and let me know how turns out.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

see your local health department and explain your situation, dental and financial, i had a friend who had teeth so rotted he could only brush them with a q tip.

WHAT?!????? WOW!?????????☹️????

And with all this going on, I done forgot to ask if this was a "white winey" post, or more Rose'....or more the Cabernet Sauvignon winey post......??

8 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Had to have that done once. They removed the tooth but left a peice in my mouth. They tried to charge me after the fact for a 2nd extraction and I was like... wait a minute. It wasn't me that left part of the tooth in my gum. This one's on you guys... not my mistake... they took off the charges...

3 minutes ago, AwakenEvil said:

Had to have that done once. They removed the tooth but left a peice in my mouth. They tried to charge me after the fact for a 2nd extraction and I was like... wait a minute. It wasn't me that left part of the tooth in my gum. This one's on you guys... not my mistake... they took off the charges...

That's messed up, trying to charge you again.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, DailyDi said:

That's messed up, trying to charge you again.

Yeah. I told my insurance I'll call them but this is honestly bullshit. The Dr agreed and took it off. He is a good dude. If you lived near me I'd suggest him. I was terrified of dentists till this dude. He has such great bedside manners and I have never felt worried about anything he has done.