LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

*2 Year Update - My 24/7 Journey*

15 minutes ago, Beccathelittle said:

Thank you for all contributing input and suggestion / help to myself and others :) You all are awesome.

@Beccathelittle

You are so welcome! that's what we are here for! We are here to make sure that people understand that the decisions they make are not easy ones to make, but they're not bad ones to make either. for each decision someone makes, There's always a positive or a number of positives, and then there's a bunch of negatives. what always used to tell people And I tell people still today is you outweigh the positives and the negatives. if the number of positives that you're dealing with, outweigh the number of negatives that you're dealing with, then the decision you should make would be that the positives or the positive situation that you're in, is better than the situation you would be in if you didn't have those positives. you have to be able to make the decision that makes sense to you, I've told that to my friend for example.

If for example, you have a situation, and you weigh it, and you find that the negatives outweigh the positives, Then you would probably want to stay in that position or you want to figure out a new way of doing things. situations change, some of for the good some for the bad, and good situations can go bad, and bad situations can get better. one of the things that I always will remember is that whatever happens in my life, there's always a positive or number of them And there's always negatives, regardless of what you do. sometimes you have to run through the poop sandwich, to get to the flowers in the middle of the field, and sometimes you have to be all dirty, to be able to get to your goal, but once you get there, it shouldn't be that bad.

I'm not saying that people have no problems or struggles, because that's false! somebody could make the decision that they want to go 24/7, then they decide that because of something that happens in their life or because of their job or because of their family situation that something changes. You have to make the decision that you think is right. when I made the decision to go 24/7, I ended up taking the positives, the negatives, and all of the things that I heard for years and years and years, and I'm talking about all the stigma, all the people telling us that I shouldn't do it, that diapers are for babies, that I don't need them, and all the things, and I realize that the things I'm hearing are coming from me being a little kid, and being told that a diaper is bad

Diapers are not bad: what is bad is if you don't have them, and you are incontinent, and you can't control it, and you have no choice. You are going to wet/ mess yourself, it's just going to be a question of when, not a question of if. I would rather have a diaper on, than be wet, or messy, or uncomfortable, or any of that. the stigmas that we learn in our lives are based on what our parents tell us. we have to be open minded and be able to understand that there are people that need them, that use them, and there's nothing that they can do about it, it's just part of life. once they understand that peace, it's a lot easier to just let it ride and deal with it. A lot of people in life have a lot of stress, and I can tell you that I am no exception to that rule! in the last three to four years, I have gone through so much stress that I can't even imagine stuff that's even worse than mine, but I know it's there! i've had nightmares and crazy dreams and things that don't make sense just pop out of the woodwork, and make me feel like I'm the Twilight Zone or I'm in a haunted house like in resident evil, being chased by uncle Jack throughout the house with an ax! when I end up having these type of weird nightmares it makes me wonder.

My point here is this: everybody that comes here wants to know the advantages and the disadvantages of wearing diapers, or the advantages of the disadvantages of being either an AB or a DL, or being an adult kid or whatever they want. They wanna know what exactly people deal with in their lives, whether they sleep in a crib or they use a high chair or somebody feeds them, or they use a pacifier or a bottle or whatever. They want to know what that life is like, they want to know how people deal with being incontinent, or they want to know how they tell their partner or their significant other or their friend. They want to know how they can actually get it off get it off their chest, or whatever it is.

That is why a lot of us are in our in our positions can help others. We understand exactly what it's like to be incontinent, or what is like to have to get up in the middle of the night, change a diaper, clean up a mess, clean up the bathroom, take a shower at 3 o'clock in the morning, or whatever. we also know that it feels it feels a lot better when we have a dry diaper on, rather than a dirty one, or it's better to have a diaper on and wet it, rather than to have problems because you don't want to give in and put a diaper on. diapers are not the problem, it's the stigma and everything else that people have been telling us for years: once people realize that a diaper is their friend, then all they have to do is be able to make sure they have more friends available to wear when they need it. the problem is is we need to get rid of the stigma the fear and all of the bad things that go along with wearing diapers, and we need to make it as normal wearing diapers as somebody wears underwear. I mean if you go to any of these sites online, you look for pretty girls, I'm sure that there are guys out there that are gonna be looking for pretty girls that are in bikinis or underwear or lace or any of that, And they like that. Well there are other people that women in diapers come or maybe guys in diapers, and they make some feel good. Sometimes my feelings can be taken care of by looking at movies I have downloaded, and just let it happen, and that is the best thing I can say. however, to help people understand what it is that they're dealing with or why they're thinking that way or why they feel that way is the most important thing. once we can drop the stigma and make people understand that diapers are normal diapers are necessary Diapers help you, then all the negative stigmas and all of the things that people hear, Cause they know better than that.

@Kawaharu Says she lives for the day when diapers are as normal as wearing underwear or pants would be, she lives for the day when she can go to an island or live in city, where diaper wearing is acceptable, and encouraged, And people can walk around that way that way, and everyone is accepting of it, and they support you They love you and they care for you. she is lucky because her neighborhood and the people she lives around are all supportive of her situation, and she's dealing with her incontinence the best way that she knows how to do, And it makes sense for her to do it that way. Who am I to say that that is a bad thing to do? I have no business saying it's bad comment I would never say that! however, I will say that people need to let go of all these stigmas, and not worry about other people. Sure, you could see somebody walking around in a onesie or a diaper, walking down the street, but they're not walking around naked, they're just walking around in their diapers, and maybe or a shirt or something, And if they're addressed appropriately for the weather, I don't see a problem with it.

My point is that people judge us based on what they see, or what we do, or what we wear, and they have preconceived notions as to what type of a person that we are. for example I had a friend of mine, who came down to see me, and I had another friend that lived in the building that I never matt prior to this day. my friend said that he had heard some information this friend, and he wanted to meet him, because he didn't believe any of the hoopla And the hype. So that day, I went down and knocked on my friends door, and the this history, I've been friends with him for many years, and enjoy his company. we even got on phone and laugh and joke around, and from time to time he'll come to see me! sometimes I'll even go see him. my point is is that if you believe everything someone says about you, you believe all the rumors and all of the innuendos and all of that stuff, and you don't get the information from the horse's mouth, then you can have preconceived notions about a person, and you could judge that person in the wrong light, and then that would look really stupid on your part, because you might have judged a person in a bad light, who is the most loving caring individual that you could ever meet, really sweet, really accommodating loving and all that! Then what you can do after that, is you kick yourself in the backside because you wish you hadn't a thought that. My best my best advice is to always find out from the horse's mouth what's going on, 

In her case @Kawaharu Is the horse, and you have to ask her what the deal is: she'll tell you what the deal is, and she'll tell you anything that she thinks is appropriate for you to know. she'll tell you exactly what it's like to be in our position, and she won't split Hey! he he he she knows exactly what she's dealing with, she knows the ramifications of her decision, and she lives that life every day. She does it because that is the way she deals with her incontinence and her disability. I wouldn't say anything negative about this lifestyle, because that is the way she deals with her issues. sometimes life can throw you heavy duty footballs, and you have to be able to either catch them, or you have to be able to deflect it, But the problem is is that some people have to decide how how they want to live, in some cases living this way, is a lot better than dealing with a crappy world that we live in, where we have to always worry about yucky adult things, and worry about how things are gonna fall apart. the reason why people, or they are AB/DL or whatever they identify as, is because of the world around us being so hokey and stupid. I mean, let me give you an example: if we had some sort of a big Humongous argument in here: mikey would end up having to come in @DailyDi or @spoonchicken or other admins or moderators would have to find out what's going on, and they would get to the bottom of it, and if there was a Humongous argument, all I can imagine is we being in a huge argument, being in a big room, Mikey or spoon coming in, finding out what's going on, calming us all down, sitting us all down at the table and saying look what the heck is going on here! We would get to the bottom of it, and they would help us to solve our problems, and if we couldn't solve our problems, then they might take further action, but the thing is we all have to figure out ways to get along and figure out how to live in this world that we live in. i've lived from the 70s forward, And the world around us has changed for the better in most cases, for the worst in others, but the thing that I always remember is that family is everything, family means something to me, my family is the most important thing in my life, and sometimes I wonder, because I wonder what would happen to me 200 years from now! would my ancestor that is in my position now, be the same guy that's typing this, Or would he be a different guy, with different aspirations, would my is your nephews be able to learn about me, or would it be a totally different situation. the world is so screwed up, that I'm not sure what type of a world will have in 20 more years, and I'm not even sure what will happen 5! what I do know, is that in Kawharu's case, she has decided that the way she wants to deal with the world around her is to live her life the way she feels is appropriate. she feels as if this is the best decision, and I can't blame her, because if you have a disability, you wear diapers anyway, why not go the extra mile, and kind of enjoy yourself, and not worry about things that you can't control. that's one thing that I've always been told by my friends: always worry about what you can control, worry about what you can change or what you can do, and then let everything else go, cuz you can't control it. I'm going to pee my pants, I'm going to mess my diaper, and I'm going to have a problem, but it isn't a matter of If, it's a matter of when, and I'm not gonna be able to control it when it happens, so I just let it happen Period of course I'm going to be prepared as best as I can, but even I can't determine whether something is going to leak, and I just have to be ready to accept it.

What I keep telling people is to live your life to the best extent possible! people may not understand our reasoning or why or how we got to where we are, and I'm not going to psychoanalyze my abilities nor am I going to psychoanalyze the reasons why I love diapers or why they they felt good or why I like them for whatever reason. all I know is that I like them, they're here, and I have the right to be able to live that life I want, free of all of the stress and all of the ridiculousness to the fullest extent possible, because even if I wear my diapers, and I love my diapers, I still have responsibilities. adults can still live their lives in that particular capacity, but it's always good to be able to say that they have the protection of their diapers, and they have the protection of their home base just like she does!

I also would like to thank everyone that's helped me over the years! without them I would not be the guy that I am to day, I would not have an explanation as to why I feel this way or how I got there. every time I do something, I always wonder how I got down the road that I'm traveling, but every time I walk a few feet, I can look behind me and say what in the heck did I just pass, man that was hard, and it's in my rearview mirror, and let me tell you, I'm hoping that my life is robust and continues to be that way, and I can actually enjoy my lifestyle for as long as I can! because I'm telling you right now, I made the right decision and I'm glad I did, and I'm glad that I'm able to help so many people who understand exactly what it is they understand, even if I don't! it's one thing if you don't understand, it's one thing if you don't want to embrace it, but you need to understand it, and once you do, it's a lot easier, but understanding and acceptance are two things that happen, but not necessarily in that order.

Good Luck, And keep us advised!

Brian

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Good Morning DD,

Today would make my 522nd day or 17 months & 4 days in dips.. Closer to my 2nd anniversary of this little's padded tale.

As odd as being a little is for some, to myself it's one of the most comforting aspects of my life. I can remember having this weird desires when I was very little, and they never went away. Heck I can remember finding DD when I was like 16 on the web and realizing there were others like me. Even after many long days of introspection & reflection, I couldn't point to what or where in life these desires came from. But I do know, that being true to myself I wouldn't really change it even if I had the option. I like being a little as I'm sure plenty of you do as well.

For myself, the changes overtime have been small steps every month, and mainly just body learning new habits & getting very used to them. I also appreciate everyone documenting their experiences for those who care to read them. It's neat to see the community growing & allowing new things to bloom. Like when I wanted to buy little stuff back in the day nothing existed. Now we have ABDL businesses, online shops, & communities that never existed back then.  It's cool, I feel anyway :)

The changes this month are more to deal with weird changes & a single test that ended with a small blow to how much I felt I still had control. I'll explain. 

Have you ever felt your body doing something you're not actually doing? This month I've been experiencing like the feeling that I'm messing when I'm not. Like I feel that I'm pushing something or I'm feeling like I'm messing and find that no, my dips wet but I'm not messy.. It's like phantom feelings and in a way making me more confused about what's actually going on down there. It doesn't matter where or whom I'm with, just from time to time get these weird phantom feelings and often find that nothing down below has happened? Not sure if I'm mistaking my body wetting and me not realizing it or not, but I'm definitely finding it hard to actually know what's really happening. It happens pretty frequently too, but the sensation is strange and not something I can place my finger on. 

Last month I had talked a bit about control with #2 , and how I'm not sure what if anything has changed as of late. I have always made it a habit to just go when the need happens, and the urge window is still very small. Often I find myself pushing already, or just the feeling of pushing. The urge to release is very very sudden and I've been good to just go as soon as It happens.

Habits are a hard thing to break, especially after so much time of doing the same thing. I guess I realized how much little thought I'm actually putting into being aware of how quickly I'm messing. Like I feel the sudden urge, and I relax & go as quickly as I can then change into a new dip. I don't really know what my body is up to internally with muscle changes, but I do know that this habit I'm so used too had me fearful testing a change would "hurt" my progress.

I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't just immediately let go, and kinda test how long it would take before I actually had to mess. In my mind, I felt I had more control then it seems I actually do.

After mulling it over in my head for a few weeks, I committed to testing what would happen if I didn't just let myself "go" when the urge happened and figured if anything it would prove to myself that if I ignored it I still could control it just fine.  How wrong I was..

Thursday last week I had finished work for the day, shut off my laptop and cooked some yummy chicken and rice. Started watching the new Last of Us series with a friend on discord and enjoying the lazy afternoon.

As I got up to get a drink, the urge to mess happened. My opportunity to see what would happen if I just ignored it for a bit. I went to grab a soda & some sunchips and walked back to the room. About a minute later, the sudden urge didn't leave me. I ended up just standing there realizing I was pushing/messing and I hadn't just "let go" like I always have

I messed myself without telling myself it was ok to mess myself... I stood there feeling a bit deflated, like I assumed that while yes I have these sudden urges, random pushing sensations, and all these changes, that nothing really different has changed.

For 17 months I've been going as soon as the feeling struck and not giving myself an opportunity to really change that up. In my head I felt that i'm still allowing myself to go, and yet my body was pushing and going on its own.

Habits...

Was this a once off test thing?  I don't know, I'm not unhappy with the progress or the changes. But more just realize now that the idea I wasn't xyz doesn't match what actually is happening down below.  It's not really going to change what I'm already doing anyway. I'm a a little, I enjoy my life, I'm happy with who I am :)

Just be weary to anyone reading with the goal of one day doing the same, if you really are going to commit you might not be able to stop it one day. Habits are a pain in the tush to break.

• Like 9

Reminds me of how I felt last September when I realized I couldn't stop it.

I felt confident I was going to be in control, and then that confidence was shattered 3 minutes later. I was in denial and tried to prove myself wrong for that entire week, I think...and I tried for a few weeks to deliberately get my control up to barely 7 minutes or so? But it was still like...full body effort every time.

So...I wouldn't worry about losing ground doing it a few more times...even a few weeks. You'll probably find no change in your amount of control unless you focus on progressive overload for several months. 

Anyway, congrats on your progress! That's pretty neat. :D

Oh! And I nearly forgot...I felt those phantom sensations too. I didn't get phantom messes as much but I often got phantom wettings. They're weird, and it was so confusing to check and double and triple check my diaper but find it was bone dry. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Kif said:

I didn't get phantom messes as much but I often got phantom wettings. They're weird, and it was so confusing to check and double and triple check my diaper but find it was bone dry. 

I’ve never had “phantom sensations” in the #2 department, but I also don’t play in that arena. I have, however, had phantom sensations in the #1 department, and they’ve occurred both exactly as you’ve described, and, almost the opposite. I don’t lack any control over #1 during the day, just a significantly shortened range from where I used to be, and, an inability to stop once I’ve started. My experience in this regard is different from a number of you; I’m approaching 4 years of 24/7 and I’m an unreliable bedwetter, but that’s almost the only time I wet involuntarily. 

But back to the phantom sensations: sometimes I’ll swear that “something” happened down there - did I wet a little? I felt something, I swear. But tactile evidence does not support my contention. Or, sometimes I’ll wet, for example, while I’m driving around, and I’ll start concentrating on, say, making a left turn or whatever, and then, sometimes minutes later, I’ll become aware that I’m still leaking via the sensation of the diaper swelling or of liquid moving, but, my internal telemetry is reporting nothing. There have been a few times over the past few years when I’ve realized at some point that I must have been passing fluids, because I don’t need to go, but I also have a poor memory of having gone “deliberately”, which has caused me to suspect that maybe, on the odd occasion, after having been told 5000 times that it’s okay to go in my pants, once in a blue moon, autopilot does kick in. But it’s vanishingly rare and of dubious veracity. 

One other thing I’ll mention: having become an occasional bedwetter, there have been a couple of instances over the last year where I’ve had a dream that I needed to go #2, and in the dream, as often happens with #1, I’ll say to myself, “You’re wearing a diaper, dummy, don’t worry about it…”. But then the master caution goes off in the cockpit and I awaken to find myself pushing. There seems to have been some generalization, or bleeding over, occurring between my poorly-managed #1 department, and my rigidly-controlled #2 department, at least when I sleep. I *may* be detecting *slightly* more urgency in the #2 department than I used to, when I’m awake, or it may just be my imagination. I have not had any issues in that department, to the point of even having food poisoning in the Caribbean after Christmas and still managing to slam some Imodium gelcaps and white-knuckle the flight home. I had a diaper on, but no diaper could have contended with what was happening to me before I wrested back control. The flight would have made an emergency landing somewhere and asked me to step off. 

• Like 2
On 2/13/2023 at 8:27 PM, Little Sherri said:

I’ve never had “phantom sensations” in the #2 department, but I also don’t play in that arena. I have, however, had phantom sensations in the #1 department, and they’ve occurred both exactly as you’ve described, and, almost the opposite. I don’t lack any control over #1 during the day, just a significantly shortened range from where I used to be, and, an inability to stop once I’ve started. My experience in this regard is different from a number of you; I’m approaching 4 years of 24/7 and I’m an unreliable bedwetter, but that’s almost the only time I wet involuntarily. 

But back to the phantom sensations: sometimes I’ll swear that “something” happened down there - did I wet a little? I felt something, I swear. But tactile evidence does not support my contention. Or, sometimes I’ll wet, for example, while I’m driving around, and I’ll start concentrating on, say, making a left turn or whatever, and then, sometimes minutes later, I’ll become aware that I’m still leaking via the sensation of the diaper swelling or of liquid moving, but, my internal telemetry is reporting nothing. There have been a few times over the past few years when I’ve realized at some point that I must have been passing fluids, because I don’t need to go, but I also have a poor memory of having gone “deliberately”, which has caused me to suspect that maybe, on the odd occasion, after having been told 5000 times that it’s okay to go in my pants, once in a blue moon, autopilot does kick in. But it’s vanishingly rare and of dubious veracity. 

One other thing I’ll mention: having become an occasional bedwetter, there have been a couple of instances over the last year where I’ve had a dream that I needed to go #2, and in the dream, as often happens with #1, I’ll say to myself, “You’re wearing a diaper, dummy, don’t worry about it…”. But then the master caution goes off in the cockpit and I awaken to find myself pushing. There seems to have been some generalization, or bleeding over, occurring between my poorly-managed #1 department, and my rigidly-controlled #2 department, at least when I sleep. I *may* be detecting *slightly* more urgency in the #2 department than I used to, when I’m awake, or it may just be my imagination. I have not had any issues in that department, to the point of even having food poisoning in the Caribbean after Christmas and still managing to slam some Imodium gelcaps and white-knuckle the flight home. I had a diaper on, but no diaper could have contended with what was happening to me before I wrested back control. The flight would have made an emergency landing somewhere and asked me to step off. 

I feel like I have a lot to say on your post, so thank you.

Point #1: Phantom sensations. I've been 24/7 and untraining for exactly 2 years and 3 months (to this day). And in that time, the sensations have been weird. Once in a while, whether having been aroused (still important to consider) or not, I'll get the occasional sensation that something is passing through my urethra. As if I'm uncontrollably releasing something into my diaper. It's important to distinguish between arousal and non-arousal, as I feel this sensation in either state. Internally, I'm left thinking, "is this just semen passing through after arousal?" (which does happen) or "is this urinal sensation that is actually happening" (which I also think does happen occasionally). I only raise these questions because they are my primary thoughts through this experience.

Point #2: Bedwetting. I haven't actively been striving for bedwetting until about 4 months ago. And in 4 months I've been trying to envision the act itself and believing that it could happen with repetition, awake or half-awake, and in time gain bedwetting. I'm finding this harder to do. My bladder can easily contain the urine produced throughout the night and barely give me any problems. My failure in this is the ability to get myself to a point where I can freely bedwet, no matter the protection. I have not yet reliably been able to bedwet without ruining other parts of my bed. And dammit, I have a pretty nice bed. But it's ruined. Anyway, I'm still trying to find the sweet spot. Don't know where exactly it is yet.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jonbearab said:

My failure in this is the ability to get myself to a point where I can freely bedwet, no matter the protection. I have not yet reliably been able to bedwet without ruining other parts of my bed.

Don't be too hard on yourself - bedwetting is not an easy "skill" to master. I've barely achieved it myself, and I am within a stone's throw of 4 years of 24/7, and close to 5 years of wearing diapers to bed. Also, I was an inveterate and prolific bedwetter as a kid, which is what started me down "this" road, I believe, that hasn't seemed to have "helped" me in regaining that "ability", such as it is. 

I never set out to become a bedwetter in particular, I just don't want to have to wake up to go pee - it's dumb to sleep in a diaper but still have to wake up in the middle of the night to address that request from the subsystems. There are many nights where I fall asleep and my bladder holds whatever I produce overnight, but if I've been drinking alcohol, the likelihood that I'll need to pee at some point goes way up, or, if we've been to a movie, for example, and I've nursed a swimming pool of pop for two hours right before going to bed. In those cases, I'd be woken up by the need to go, so I'd roll over onto my back (I'm a tummy-sleeper) and, not so much push as just relax, and then often I'd drift off again and things would finish up on their own. After a couple of years of doing that, every once in a while, I'd wake up wet, with no recollection of having permitted it to happen. I still had my doubts about if this constituted "real" bedwetting, but the involuntary nature of these events was confirmed for me by the fact that they tended to happen in settings where I really didn't want them to, like sharing a hotel room with a buddy, or sleeping over at a buddy's or relative's house.

If you are seeking to go down this road, my advice would be, first of all, drink more alcohol... but, that aside, I'd say that you want to get enough fluids into yourself that you will likely need to pee at some point in the night. Then, start doing that, as soon as the need taps you on the shoulder, and try as best you can to just drift back to to sleep immediately - let things happen by themselves as much as possible. Also, going to bed already wet helps. I'm not sure why that is, but I learned this from @oznl's experiences, and it seems to hold true for me as well. I'm guessing that there are fewer subconscious inhibitions to wetting a garment that is already a bit wet. 

Speaking of inhibitions, if you are concerned about wetting the bed itself, rather than just your diaper, then you need to address that, in my opinion, because those inhibitions will work against you. Again, referencing Oznl, he uses terry-lined plastic pants over disposables, a combination that he finds nearly bulletproof, or, he wears cloth diapers, which are the gold standard for containing nocturnal emissions. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Also, I was an inveterate and prolific bedwetter as a kid, which is what started me down "this" road, I believe, that hasn't seemed to have "helped" me in regaining that "ability", such as it is

For what it's worth, I was a clear bedwetter until I was about 13 years of age (ever since potty training until the age of about 13, almost 14). Until then I was having "pee dreams" regularly and would wet uncontrollably. It wasn't until I told myself never to pee in a pee dream again did I obtain nighttime continence until my 30's. So far, my best ally for bedwetting as an adult has been alcohol, unfortunately. Oh well, not a big deal. At least it can be done.

6 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

it's dumb to sleep in a diaper but still have to wake up in the middle of the night to address that request from the subsystems.

Agreed.

6 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

(I'm a tummy-sleeper)

Same.

7 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

After a couple of years of doing that, every once in a while, I'd wake up wet, with no recollection of having permitted it to happen.

This where I've yet to come to. I'm just doing my best in bed and asleep as to wake to automatic results. I have no idea how I'm doing, but so far experimenting. I'm glad you've come this far, though.

8 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

drink more alcohol

I think I'm doing okay in this department, lol.

9 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Then, start doing that, as soon as the need taps you on the shoulder, and try as best you can to just drift back to to sleep immediately - let things happen by themselves as much as possible. Also, going to bed already wet helps. I'm not sure why that is, but I learned this from @oznl's experiences, and it seems to hold true for me as well.

This is something I've been trying to do more often. And "I think" more often than not that I am able to do this.

Often I simply wait for the sensation for the need to urinate during the night to happen. I don't try to force it or make it do whatever, but wait for the time it feels right to go. And if I'm being honest, it's more likely to be in a place which is not ideal, such as sleeping on your stomach for the bed to be flooded or after a good pee there's more pee to pee, and the knowledge that you're wading in a leaky mess that you'll have to clean up later. Etc. But sometimes it's ideal such as when I go to bed with a Pampers Cruisers size 6 stuffer in my Dry 24/7. I've been experimenting with different methods such as the use of dual terry lined plastic pants as suggested by @oznl. Unfortunately, in one go, I've already ruined two pair of my dual lined plastic pants due to not following the laundry instructions given to you before you open the package. I thought I was being generous with how I did it and it turned out to be a disaster. Follow the instructions, everyone.

Going to bed wet, or dry, doesn't seem to matter to me at all. I've done both and have always had the same reactions. The psychology of going to bed wet may work for some, but it's not a sure thing. I can go to bed wet or dry and my results have been the same. I think it's the mindset that counts most. I am not convinced there's a psychology to going to bed wet vs. dry. This is still to be determined. Just initial thoughts for now.

17 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Speaking of inhibitions, if you are concerned about wetting the bed itself, rather than just your diaper, then you need to address that, in my opinion, because those inhibitions will work against you. Again, referencing Oznl, he uses terry-lined plastic pants over disposables, a combination that he finds nearly bulletproof, or, he wears cloth diapers, which are the gold standard for containing nocturnal emissions.

I absolutely agree with you. And I've considered these thoughts considerably. There was a thread in the past in which I replied to @oznl about obtaining these legendary dual lined plastic pants. And I did. From Babykins. Upon receiving them I thought they were top quality. Very, very soft plastic outlining the pants and indeed a dual-layer of terry cloth lining the pants. I actually got two of them. I wet the first without incident to my bed, and the second with major incident to my bed. The pants did not work as expected (and I wasn't confident they would work 100% because they are simply no different than a cloth diaper over a disposable) and I still had leaks from them.

The major problem I had with them is that if you don't listen to the washing instructions then you're going to ruin these pants. I had medium heat drying on and they said mild heat. Boy was I wrong. The super soft plastic pants of these dual layer terry pants can't take the heat. Otherwise, I am still unsure how durable they are. I seemed to have screwed it up on the first go. $80 down the drain. My wife still thinks she can repair them, so we'll see.

2 hours ago, jonbearab said:

The major problem I had with them is that if you don't listen to the washing instructions then you're going to ruin these pants. I had medium heat drying on and they said mild heat. Boy was I wrong. The super soft plastic pants of these dual layer terry pants can't take the heat. Otherwise, I am still unsure how durable they are. I seemed to have screwed it up on the first go. $80 down the drain. My wife still thinks she can repair them, so we'll see.

Precisely why I purchase separate plastic pants and double terry diaper pants from Babykins.  Plastic pant I hand wash and dry with terry diaper laundered at full heat like a bath towel.  Even in this mode the plastic pant wears out long before the terry in which case I have to purchase only one part of the ensemble.

Additionally, to my thinking terry pants are fairly benign from a distance where the combination is anything but.  Hence I’m fairly comfortable drying the terry’s outside which I can't imagine doing with the combination.

In my younger days I too experimented with alcohol induced sleep wetting.  I found a relatively small amount in the hour or so before bed was as likely to accomplish the goal as hours of heavy drinking.  Eventually I settled upon relaxing in front of the TV or with a book late in the evening while slowly sipping on beer or wine till my bladder filled.  That was it … I’d use the bathroom, drink a glass of water and go to bed.  This often worked.  Then, to my total amazement, after hundreds of successes with alcohol I started wetting the bed without when I had zero intention to do so!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, jonbearab said:

I absolutely agree with you. And I've considered these thoughts considerably. There was a thread in the past in which I replied to @oznl about obtaining these legendary dual lined plastic pants. And I did. From Babykins. Upon receiving them I thought they were top quality. Very, very soft plastic outlining the pants and indeed a dual-layer of terry cloth lining the pants. I actually got two of them. I wet the first without incident to my bed, and the second with major incident to my bed. The pants did not work as expected (and I wasn't confident they would work 100% because they are simply no different than a cloth diaper over a disposable) and I still had leaks from them.

That's annoying...  I've drowned these a few times but I've yet to score a wet bed out of them.  Having said that, the usual disposable leak location that these catch is at my inner crotch or occasionally, rear thighs. 

If they get seriously drenched up the top, pee will wick out of them via the lycra band but for me, these are a safety net and not the main dance floor.  Perhaps you're leaking out the top?

As @WBxx says, it's really no more than terry pull-ons and plastic pants except that you're guaranteed that the terrys will stay in the correct position.  I discovered them by accident (no pun).  Babykins screwed up my order and sent these but I found a use for them.  I've had  stunning longevity out of them so it's a shame about the dryer.  We don't use dryers that often given our latitude.

I've got more thoughts on the bedwetting paradox but I don't want to hijack the thread any more than I've already done ?

4 hours ago, oznl said:

If they get seriously drenched up the top, pee will wick out of them via the lycra band but for me, these are a safety net and not the main dance floor.  Perhaps you're leaking out the top?

Correct. I'm a stomach sleeper so that doesn't help much because no matter what I try the protection is not enough, even when I'm doubly or triply cloth diapered. I've even tried baby diapers as stuffers to soak up as much pee as possible while I wet on my stomach. I've had dry sheets after a night's sleep, but I have still yet to find something that works 100%.

On 2/15/2023 at 6:48 AM, Little Sherri said:

If you are seeking to go down this road, my advice would be, first of all, drink more alcohol...

On 2/15/2023 at 7:13 AM, jonbearab said:

So far, my best ally for bedwetting as an adult has been alcohol, unfortunately.

On 2/15/2023 at 10:42 AM, WBxx said:

I found a relatively small amount in the hour or so before bed was as likely to accomplish the goal as hours of heavy drinking.  Eventually I settled upon relaxing in front of the TV or with a book late in the evening while slowly sipping on beer or wine till my bladder filled.

I must have a unique bladder because I don't know how ya'll lose more with alcohol, when the exact opposite seems to happen to me. I think I've learned a few things backwards in life, which honestly would explain a couple of things. Weirdly, whenever I play games or shoot darts, alcohol loosens me up and relaxes me quite a bit, but it seems that I put whatever "tension" I have back into my pelvic area. All of that to say, super jealous!

On 2/13/2023 at 9:20 AM, Beccathelittle said:

For myself, the changes overtime have been small steps every month, and mainly just body learning new habits & getting very used to them.

Oh man have I been feeling that this month! Only month two officially in, but the changes this month seem exponetially smaller in comparison to even the first month. I know you and others have talked about reduction in over time in quantifiable changes, but I wasn't expecting a huge slow-down out of the gate. I don't recall reading anything about it for your journey, but did you experience anything similar at the start?

that is Soo awesome. I recently had a UTI about 2 weeks ago and I think I'm getting over it. However when I was having it, I would have the urge to go and when I was undoing my clothes, I couldn't hold it anymore and just started going. It was scary yet excited that maybe I'm actually becoming incontinent. I told my wife about it and she just said put your diapers on. She knows that I enjoy wearing. Her and I drive truck cross country and they become handy for both of us.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello again DD!

it's that time again, being lets see now.. 18 months, 5 days :) or just over 1 year 6 months having gone back to diapers and never looking back.

In the last 30 days I've had two new experiences that I want to talk about, both related to the messier side of things so fair warning to anyone not wanting that sort of info. ? 

Having gone to bed rather late & forgetting to set my alarm for work the next morning :c I woke up late and a bit anxious to rush to turn on my laptop for another day of work. I woke up to sunlight hitting my head and a panic realizing I overslept & quickly got out of bed to grab my laptop & power it on. It was then that I realized my normal soaked dip felt different then I normally wake up to. I felt like I had a something back there.. But I had just woken up, surely not I thought to myself, cause I definitely don't remember needing to poop, and I just got out of bed. As I was signing into my laptop & investigating my diaper I found myself in a clearly dirty diaper. I messed in my sleep... Had to clean up, make some coffee and got ready for the morning before my first meetings. 

Kinda sat there is disbelief for a while realizing what had happened, that I actually had a sleep messing.. Was it because I overslept and normally wake up early? Was it because I went to bed rather late? I have no idea.

On the weekend, we had an early birthday celebration for my Mum with friends & family friends over to celebrate & enjoy good company. Standing there with a plate of chips & dip & chatting, I had a sudden messing albeit small, I felt myself push into my diaper before I could finish my chip. Embarrassed feelings & sorta shocked face aside I came up with a lame excuse that I forgot something and rushed off to quickly go check that it wasn't my imagination. Queue a change later & back to the party, thankfully I didn't overreact and nobody seemed to care. 

As for the rest of the messy stuff, it's been pretty normal. I still have a very small warning window and It's a habit at this point that I don't really put effort on doing much but letting go.  As for how much control I'm a little timid to rate now. These were the bigger experiences this month and the first time I've ever had a sleep messing episode. Will there be repeats in the future? I dunno, but It definitely is new.

Those are the two new blips in my month, hope everyone is doing well and that your week ahead is a wonderful one! Daylight savings stinks :P 

• Like 8
  • 1 month later...

Hey DD!

Small update but I really hope everyone having a wonderful week :) Today would be my 19th month 7th day in diapers! Still waddling along :)

Honestly this month feels much of the same as the last few months and nothing really has happened that is like OMG I must alert the media!

It feels like a very monotonous month, with very little if anything to really talk about with regards to body changes sort of thing.

I've constantly found my diaper very soaked with little awareness of when it even happened in the first place. Sometimes I feel a sudden new warmth down there seriously question if I went or not.  I can remember when I first started wearing diapers, it was such a focus on what's happening down there.  Now adays I don't really focus on anything down there anymore :) Even if a sudden need happens while walking I'm pretty much able to keep walking and let things happen as they need to.

Messy wise there doesn't really seem to be anything new to speak on either..

Kinda just a very routine month? :) Will see what happens in the next month, but I feel it's safe to say it will be another month of wearing diapers at the very least.  🙃

I hope you all have a great month ahead!
💗Beccathelittle

• Like 5
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey DD!! 

20 Months & 6 Days! Getting ever closer to the two year mark. :)

It's been a really busy month for me, work has been ever so hectic & taking care of sick parents / mother's day it feels like I blinked and it was over. 

Honestly this month was pretty normal for the most part, I definitely don't feel any different from the last but there are a few things that really made me notice my incontinence is starting to be a definitive thing. 

I'll say that for me in life, having a warm hot bubble bath is probably one of the most relaxing ways to enjoy a day! I usually have quite a few during the week after a long day of work and enjoy relaxing to either music or watching something on the iPad while I soak in the warm bubbles.

Lately in the last few weeks getting out of the bath to toweling off & heading to the closet for a fresh change I'll often find myself having been leaking while I made my way down there. At first I thought I just didn't towel off enough but having come to find myself making tiny puddles along the floor twice now I've realized just how leaky I really have become.  Atleast the cleanup is easy but eesh it's definitely made me aware of my how my control had dwindled to the point where I'm not even aware unless I feel it on my thighs running down my legs and on my feet & floor.

I also had a very messy experience while working on a project for work, it came sudden and unexpected. I didn't even have the usual gut feeling right before. Just one moment I'm typing the next I'm feeling myself letting out something back there 😕 That one was more just like wow, did I actually just do that? ok... I need to change like right now. But It shocked me only because I at least was expecting some sort of warning. One off for now, normally at least I get a very sudden urge right before hand. 

Ok ok two more..

A few days ago ish I found a spider in the pantry, scared me half to death and as I was jumping back from fright I was tooting loudly the entire time 😆 Silly sure but I definitely used to not have that issue before starting on this 24/7 journey. 

And last one..

Yesterday for mothers day we had a wonderful charcuterie & yummy noms afterwards. I feel like I may have overdone it on the olives & cheese. Super yummy :) When I got home to change I found myself messing as soon as I had put on the new dip. Wish My body would of given me some sort of warning before doing so. Yay wasted dip..  Ok no problem I'll change and go to bed.  As I'm laying in bed not 5 minutes later I sneeze and feel a tiny more coming out.. Fun.

Less cheese & olives for me next time.. 

Anyway those are the 24/7 highlights this month. If you have questions on things I forget to write about feel free to ask away. Regardless I hope everyone has a wonderful month ahead!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Beccathelittle said:

I'll say that for me in life, having a warm hot bubble bath is probably one of the most relaxing ways to enjoy a day!

How much longer would you dare to do that, without risking having a #2 accident in the tub. (I guess peeing and tooting is already a thing). You seam to lose a lot of warning signs before it's out so to speak.

The lack of warning, does it kill a bit of the excitement (the awareness of what is soon to happen) or does it give more of a thrill when your body does what it has to do without giving you anything to say about it. 

It doesn't seams like it has impacted your social life to any degree. Do you still feel socially comfortable. (This is often the part most IC persons fear).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, igel said:

How much longer would you dare to do that, without risking having a #2 accident in the tub. (I guess peeing and tooting is already a thing). You seam to lose a lot of warning signs before it's out so to speak.

The lack of warning, does it kill a bit of the excitement (the awareness of what is soon to happen) or does it give more of a thrill when your body does what it has to do without giving you anything to say about it. 

It doesn't seams like it has impacted your social life to any degree. Do you still feel socially comfortable. (This is often the part most IC persons fear).

To your first question I guess I'm not really sure. I never put much thought into that but if it happens I'll humbly clean it up and mutter to myself about having wanted it in the first place I'm sure. Honestly It's a weird feeling when you're making progress towards an unknown outcome. It definitely would do my head in for a bit I'm sure. 😅

To your second question, it's not really something I even really put much thought into to be honest. It's been two years of using my dips for everything. At this point it's all pretty same same and any sort of newness feelings is pretty rare. Now it's more just like oh ok that happened sort of thing. A litle jolting from unexpected newness but it all sorta melds together as repetition has set in.

Your last question.. Honestly the biggest impact has been planning and wearing proper protection depending on what I want to do.. Go see friends? How long? What will we be doing? Ok well I better wear a thicker dip and bring a few changes sort of thing.  I also eat a little more clean when I'm around others only because I'm afraid anything outside the normal diet might make me have a messy episode or something when we're trying to do something together.

I've had to learn to make stealth changes, and it's not really hard to get used to wearing and using Infront of others. Just be respectful & clean yourself. Practice good hygiene and you will never smell like the dips you wear. As for mental aspects, eh not really.. Early on I was worried but now adays? It's life and who I am.. I've been wearing for a rather long time now. :) If I end up having a major accident in front of others I guess it's time to come clean and start telling them. Thankfully none seem the wiser yet. 

• Like 2

@Beccathelittle thank you as always for your frank and honest updates. If you didn’t mind me asking, what do you do for work. My job can sometimes ( I think) work with wearing diapers but often I settle for pull ups because it’s quite physical. I admire your full out commitment to the cause.

8 hours ago, carsfan said:

@Beccathelittle thank you as always for your frank and honest updates. If you didn’t mind me asking, what do you do for work. My job can sometimes ( I think) work with wearing diapers but often I settle for pull ups because it’s quite physical. I admire your full out commitment to the cause.

Thanks! :) I've been remote for the majority of my career post covid and work in the IT environment. When we're in the office I just opt for the compression shorts under a dress or something comfy with a little bit more room. None the wiser so far. :P 

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey DD! Today would mark exactly 21 months & 5 days of my padded life since starting this down this road of unknown. I don't always frequent DD very often but I try to respond to the messages I get asked privately when I have the chance. Sorry to those I left dormant, wasn't intentionally ignoring anyone! :)

Looking at the boards, it's neat to see I'm not the only one who's on the same sort of lifestyle path. In fact there are quite a lot of threads with similar titles & desires. It's fascinating to me, to see so many people with similar desires trying out what works for them! 

This month has been pretty average for myself, it's really hard to keep track now adays about what is "new" and what's pretty much the same. I've definitely noticed at least for wetting stuff that I'm finding myself in pretty soaked dips and being none the wiser of when it's coming out in the first place.  Again it's not really "new", but it's been something on my mind lately. Like wow I've really been leaking this entire time?? When did I even start?

Closer to bed time after I've changed up and gotten into my pjs I'll be laying in bed trying to fall asleep and can feel myself dribbling quite a lot down my rear. That's been nightly, and it's not something I really noticed until this month.  I can definitely see my body has been having a mind of it's own now. 

But then there are just sometimes, though rarer now where I'll still get urges to pee no matter where or what I'm doing. It kind of confuses me why most of the time I'm really leaky/experience uncontrolled wetting but as an example I'm in the kitchen cooking or at the store my body will just be like HEY YOU NEED TO PEE RIGHT NOW LET GO. And I'll be there trying for the life of me to let something out and figuring out how to get my bladder to go for it to finally let out the tiniest of dribble. Like what causes that? Body is weird...

---

Messy feels no different than the norm and also makes me question what sort of control my body still has.  Sometimes I have very immediate & sudden reflexes and I'm feeling myself let go immediately. But other times I'm still getting very sudden urges, but my body is waiting for me to relax and let thing happen. I want to say like 97% of the time it's 35 seconds to a minute urge where I feel the need to go & let go. And 3% chance that it will happen suddenly without any thought or consent wanted from my brain..

----

Mentally I've accepted I'm incontinent, too many weird experiences to doubt that at this point, but then you do get weird occurrences where my body still asks permission in a way. Then it just leaves me struggling to try to clumsily let something out.. Feels like I'm trying to remember how to peddle the bike because I'm too used to my body doing it for me.

Anyone farther down the road have similar experiences? Fun part of doing something not well documented, it's a mystery to me what's happening internally.

Hope you're all well ❤️!! Enjoy your weekend ahead!

• Like 5
  • Beccathelittle changed the title to *2 Year Update - My 24/7 Journey*