LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

*2 Year Update - My 24/7 Journey*

Hello everyone on DD! :) 

My name is Becca and I'm an avid little baby girl! Been reading/browsing always lurking Dailydiapers since I was in my teens. Crazy how time can fly by like that.. 

I've been wearing diapers on and off through most of my life for fun, usually in a few day to a week stint. Always had those little inner desires and daydreams of being a cute little for another, and moving towards wearing 24/7 forever. Daydreams and fantasy aside the 24/7 desire is something that's never left since I was a kiddo. Still wonder if in my early childhood something happened because I turned out to be the goofball girl. :)

Well this goofball girl decided to start wearing diapers to bed in March 2020 last year, and it's been a full year and a half now of bedwetting. My little journey into bedwetting started with drinking two big glasses of water before bed and waking up constantly to practice letting go.. It took lots of practice and patience, and now I can fully say I'm a bedwetter again! I no longer have to drink anything heavily, and wake up soaked.. Something I don't regret at all, even when I visit family or friends. Just pack a diaper in my go bag and keep a few in my car for emergencies.. For me something inside felt satisfied, I could be myself and enjoy this unique but weird new quirk.  

Work has been fully remote since the start of the pandemic, and now with my job fully transitioned to permanent work from home my desire to be 24/7 feels like the best time to actually start and see how it goes. Will my body slowly start to change just like it did with the bedwetting? Or will it be impossible for me to actually lose more control during the day? Only one real way to find out but I'm super excited about it.. Yeah weird goofball girl thing..

I now have a closet full of diapers, a stash bigger than I've ever bought before. And while I have not yet tossed out my big girl underwear, they have been put far back in the closet not to see daylight again.. 

I started wearing 24/7 on Sept 9th and its nearly been a full week of wearing 24/7! Fun and cute little space feelings aside, its actually hard to just relax and let go as easily as I imagined. And peeing while standing feels super weird, same with trying to walk.. I really wonder how long it will take to get used to it and just relax more down there..

Being a bedwetter actually helps me I feel, as I don't hold anything at night and my body doesn't try to fight me at night time :)

Anyway thanks for reading! I wanted to say Hello, and start a forums thread where I can share my journey for the years to come.

Hello new friends!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Welcome and hello :).

It seems that we both started to wear nappies to bed at night near the same time, and like you, I progressed into being a bedwetter over the course of a few months. It's now very normal and satisfying to wake up soaked every morning. It's also very normal to sleep in my onesie, with my stuffie and a paci.

I went 24/7 proper in March of this year, although was close to this in the months preceding. The last frontier was work, and given the type of work I do (around people and on my feet all day), it took time to become comfortable with wearing nappies. Slowly, using my nappies at work became easier and easier, and now I don't really give it any thought. To reduce leaks, I tend to wear a higher capacity nappy, although they still happen on occasion. Fast forward 6 months, I'm a little incontinent now due to a weak pelvic floor, and hoping to develop that into profound incontinence eventually.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with 24/7, and never going back. I hope it works for you too :). 

• Like 10

Thank you :) I'm excited to see what happens!

@sparklezBear That's really awesome news for me, I'm excited to get to where you are :) It's a lot harder than I imagined in the first week, but will see what happens in 6 months as well!

I'm wearing thicker nappies - Northshore Care air supreme 8 hour capacity ones.. Felt I needed to get used to being thickly padded early on. Though i do have some slimmer styles as well just incase I need a small window and wearing clothes which work better with it.

Slowly having to work a new wardrobe and outfit styles to fit this new lifestyle decision. Exciting but lots of work.

• Like 3

Welcome, and good luck!

I started my journey only a month ago--I'm not a bedwetter, but I'm a bit spiral-prone so it might be interesting to compare notes/progress. Have been reworking my wardrobe too (also going thicker) by going a bit more fem; I used to be a jeans casual kind of gal, now trying out different styles of skirts etc since they cover better.

Your starting point reminds me of where Serah started too, with being a bedwetter before starting their untraining and going thicker right away in the beginning. Her blog is documented on serah-in-diapers on Tumblr, if you sort by text and ask entries, maybe you'll find some useful or relatable information there too (if you haven't already, haha)? She focused more on the emotional aspects/impacts to herself, which I found interesting.

I'm curious about how you attained bedwetting, if you don't mind me asking. I've been drinking a glass before bed (might need to up it) but haven't been practicing waking up deliberately like I do during the day (with a timer/alarm)...honestly, just hadn't occurred to me, but it makes sense. So, I'm assuming you were using an alarm to wake during the night; if so, (1) how often did you wake, and (2) how long did you keep at it? I can't imagine more than a few months of that, due to sleep loss, but it'd make sense. Would be going with a silent/vibrate wristwatch or similar so I don't wake my hubby.

• Like 1

Good luck with it Becca.  I started my full-time wearing the other way round.  I wore full-time during the day for 18 months before my wife OK'd me wearing at night too.  I've been wearing 24/7 for 18 months now, and will never go back.

@Kif Happy to share and compare girl! For the wardrobe changes, i'm just wearing blouses, skirts, and dresses more so than my usual tights. Going to take a long while to figure out what works best :) If you have any suggestions I'll definitely try them out. One thing I want to find are very tighter onesies that can hold my padding and keep my dips from showing under skirts/dresses but fit well over my bras and hidden under my outfits.

I've not yet read her blog, but I will definitely check it out to see if anything can find anything to learn from. Thanks for sharing :)

With the bedwetting thing, really I didn't focus on much. I would wear thick padding, drink two big glasses of water and wake up constantly overnight needing to pee. Kept on focusing on relaxing and just going. After a while (maybe 6 months?) I would just drink one cup of tea or one glass of water instead. My body would still need to pee but I'd often be waking up quickly to feel the need and just go, then go back to bed it wasn't something hard to focus on and I would easily fall asleep a second later. Maybe like on the 10th month or so I started noticing soaked diapers every few mornings without remembering waking up at all. It would happen intermittently through the months where some nights I'd wake up and others I'd stay asleep.  Fast forward to now and I'm soaked every morning, and never woken up by the need to pee.  I don't have to drink anything at all at night, though I usually do just drink whatever to keep my throat from not being dry and then off to bed. I've never tried sleeping without a diaper, and even on work trips / family visits I bring protection.  No idea what would happen if I decided to test and find out but I definitely don't want to ruin my nice mattress and I love the comfort knowing i'm a bedwetter brings me.. Yeah weird goofball girl here ;)

----

I realized I never mentioned in the first post i'm going 24/7 w/ both ahem #1s and #2s.. Though with the #2s I'm super quick to clean it up I don't want infection or anything where it doesn't belong. It's really easy to wet when i'm sitting but standing & walking are going to take lots and lots of time to practice I feel. It's And I wonder if i'll ever experience going without noticing like at night time.  Will find out :P 

@Stroller 18 months is impressive! Have you noticed any sort of lack of control? Or do you still have to just let go every time? Does it become easier to not focus on letting go? It's such a struggle in my first week..

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Beccathelittle said:

Have you noticed any sort of lack of control? Or do you still have to just let go every time? Does it become easier to not focus on letting go? It's such a struggle in my first week..

Hi there Becca.  I don't think about it at all now - it just happens without me having to make any decisions or relax any muscles consciously.  I generally get a few seconds warning before I start to wet, but half asleep in bed or when I run a tap sometimes not even that.  It just takes time to get used to a new way of wetting.  In the early days I spent a bit of time making sure I was always relaxed down there - when I'd been wetting I tried to keep in the same relaxed state afterwards too.  I'm sure that helped, but now I'm like that all the time without having to think about it.  I've no idea whether I've lost any control, as I've never tried to exercise any since I started wearing full-time.  I'd be surprised if I still had full control though.  I've still never wet in my sleep though, as far as I'm aware, so you're a step ahead of me there.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:12 AM, Beccathelittle said:

One thing I want to find are very tighter onesies that can hold my padding and keep my dips from showing under skirts/dresses but fit well over my bras and hidden under my outfits.

Hi, @Beccathelittle, and welcome to the world of 24/7. I have been on my own 24/7 adventure for the last roughly 2.5 years. I started out wearing diapers to bed only, much like you did, for a bit more than a year, and then I dove into the deep-end in March of 2019, and went 24/7, initially planning to only try it out for a weekend, in preparation for a three week stint in the summer when my family was going to be away, and I hoped to spend the time entirely padded. However, when that weekend at the end of March in 2019 was drawing to a close, I realized that I really hated the idea of going back to underpants, so I decided to stretch the experiment out a bit, and see if I could get through a regular work week, while wearing diapers. Long story short, here I am, still wearing diapers all the time. I had packed my underwear up and put them on a shelf in the garage around the end of 2019, but it took me until the fall of 2020 to take the leap and toss them out, even though I hadn't worn any in ages. I've done everything, and gone everywhere, while wearing diapers (swimming excepted... haven't bought any swim diapers yet!). 

I highlighted your quote because one thing I found absolutely vital to the 24/7 life is having some onesies in your wardrobe. They've made a huge difference to my confidence when I'm wearing outside of the house, because the predominant "failure modes" that can result in unexpected diaper exposures (aside from leaks) are, first of all, waistband excursions, and second, undue bulging and sagging. Onesies take care of both of those issues. Mine just look like normal t-shirts up top.

You also made an earlier reference to adjusting your wardrobe, and this is vital as well. I started out wearing slim, breathable products when out of the house, but I quickly found that they weren't satisfying or reliable, and I made the switch to wearing primarily plastic diapers such as the ones from Rearz and Northshore's MegaMax. To be able to do that without looking like I've got baby pants on all the time, I one-size-upped my shorts and pants wardrobe gradually, so that now, everything I have fits over a diaper. 

On 9/15/2021 at 10:12 AM, Beccathelittle said:

With the bedwetting thing, really I didn't focus on much. I would wear thick padding, drink two big glasses of water and wake up constantly overnight needing to pee. Kept on focusing on relaxing and just going. After a while (maybe 6 months?) I would just drink one cup of tea or one glass of water instead. My body would still need to pee but I'd often be waking up quickly to feel the need and just go, then go back to bed it wasn't something hard to focus on and I would easily fall asleep a second later. Maybe like on the 10th month or so I started noticing soaked diapers every few mornings without remembering waking up at all. It would happen intermittently through the months where some nights I'd wake up and others I'd stay asleep.  Fast forward to now and I'm soaked every morning, and never woken up by the need to pee.  I don't have to drink anything at all at night, though I usually do just drink whatever to keep my throat from not being dry and then off to bed. I've never tried sleeping without a diaper, and even on work trips / family visits I bring protection.  No idea what would happen if I decided to test and find out but I definitely don't want to ruin my nice mattress and I love the comfort knowing i'm a bedwetter brings me.. Yeah weird goofball girl here ;)

This was interesting to me. I won't bore you with all the details, but basically, I was a bedwetter for most of my childhood, only outgrowing it around age 10 - 11. So, when I put myself back in diapers at night, I expected that, eventually, I would become a bedwetter again, and I was fine with that. And indeed, things seemed to be going in that direction, but then my "progress" (if you can call it that) halted, and I started waking up dry, or, worse, waking up dry and needing to pee, hours earlier than I needed to get up. I've been working on getting back to overnight wetting again. 

If you haven't been introduced already, I will suggest that you look up @oznl's entertaining thread on his ongoing 24/7 experiment, which he started out on a bit before I did. His advice is useful and his well-written musings are often hilarious, and at times, quite poignant. He pulls no punches on what it's like to try to be a "normal person" negotiating life and relationships from inside a nappy. 

• Like 1

Really appreciate your insight @Little Sherri , I'm definitely trying to find some snug onesies to keep my diaper from being on display/sagging for sure. Material wise i'd like to find something on the snug/thinner side so I've bought a few off amazon to test. But if you have any brand suggestions let me know please. :)

I'm exclusively wearing NorthShore AireSupreme's to keep the crinkles away while outside but they are very absorbent so far. Far more than I feel i'd actually need outside. Better to get used to it and find clothes that hide them decently now I feel. If it is even possible for myself to slowly lose continence then i'd rather own it now than later I feel..

At night time I'm using their Megamax brand which feels just slightly thicker than the Airsupremes but plastic backed. 

Lets see, for everyone following so far, shopping this week I feel like I've splurged for my little self a bit and dipped into my piggy bank to buy a few things..

1. 4 Different styles/brands of plastic pants to try out
  2. 2 Different onesie brands to try out and see how they fit
  3. 6 Overnight cloth diapers from babykins.. They looked super cute and I wanted to try out how cloth are for overnights. A trail for now 

Wanted to try new things and experiment  :) cant wait for everything to get here!

Today marks the 8th day in diapers and the feeling of newness hasn't worn off yet. So far i'm really enjoying it, as weird as it is for other I feel somewhat more complete? Kinda laughed at my goofball self for giving into something I've always desired, not sure why I waited so long in life.

Starting to notice I'm becoming slowly more frequent, which is neat. Getting used to going every 30m instead of hours on end.. I'm guessing this is what's supposed to happen. New habits forming? who knows..

After breakfast today and one ? diaper later, I washed up to go see a friend for coffee. She made no mention/had no idea I was padded underneath from what I could tell thankfully. Found it extremely difficult to relax down there in front of her. Something I have no idea if it will change. Just a lot of fears running though my head. I wonder if this will ever get easier.

Did some grocery shopping afterwards and came home shortly later. I didn't die from fright so that's something :) 

Onesies have def been a bit challenging for me in Europe--all the ones here have narrow necks that don't work at all for wide or v neck shirts (which are...most shirts).

So, I gave up tbh, found I got along fine without em' so far... ?

But I am curious, what brands did you end up trying over in the States? Anything you found that would work? 

I'm honestly suuuuuuper duper tempted to try making my own onesie cammies...Like, I get that most incon folks aren't mobile/active but I'm still surprised there isn't anything at all resembling female-style shirt necks on existing "bodysuits" as they're called here in Europe...and I've nnnever seen cami-top onesies ever.

13 hours ago, Beccathelittle said:

I wonder if this will ever get easier.

Oh, it does :). 

At 6 months in, I can barely give a hoot.

13 hours ago, Beccathelittle said:

I'm definitely trying to find some snug onesies to keep my diaper from being on display/sagging for sure.

In the land down under, I use bodysuits from Boody as my daytime onesies. You can see what they're like on their website. They're essentially camisoles with a snap crotch, so they don't prevent you wearing whatever you like up top. Just a suggestion.

2 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

In the land down under, I use bodysuits from Boody as my daytime onesies. You can see what they're like on their website. They're essentially camisoles with a snap crotch, so they don't prevent you wearing whatever you like up top. Just a suggestion.

These? https://boody.se/collections/womens-bodysuits/products/cami-bodysuit

They don't look wide in the crotch (no more than regular briefs), do they cut into the diaper for you at all? 

4 hours ago, Kif said:

Onesies have def been a bit challenging for me in Europe--all the ones here have narrow necks that don't work at all for wide or v neck shirts (which are...most shirts).

Might any of these be what you're looking for?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kif said:

They don't look wide in the crotch (no more than regular briefs), do they cut into the diaper for you at all? 

That's not really their job. Since I wear a light compression short to hold everything in place and smooth out the lines, these bodysuits only stop the peek-a-boo of a waist band and such. Outside of work I do wear a bunch of other cute bodysuits (with dinosaurs etc) without those compression shorts. They're narrow too, but don't really seem to cut into the nappy.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Kif said:

what brands did you end up trying over in the States? Anything you found that would work? 

I'm honestly suuuuuuper duper tempted to try making my own onesie cammies...Like, I get that most incon folks aren't mobile/active but I'm still surprised there isn't anything at all resembling female-style shirt necks on existing "bodysuits" as they're called here in Europe...and I've nnnever seen cami-top onesies ever.

I found a website called preventawear , they have women cut onesies which looked super cute and made for people with incontinence or special needs etc. The other from a company on amazon called littleforbig. I definitely get we ladies are in the niche market but i'd definitely love to own what you are describing.

3 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

Oh, it does :). 

At 6 months in, I can barely give a hoot.

Glad to hear it on the 6 month mark :) 
I found their website and feel I can probably find something similar around here, but I am curious on the bodysuits/compression wear. Do you find like they compress the diapers in a way where they might still leak or become less absorbent?

17 hours ago, Beccathelittle said:

But if you have any brand suggestions let me know please. :)

I buy my onesies from Rearz. They have cute printed ones but also black, grey and white t-shirt and golf shirt style onesies. I think I'm up to having about 10 of them. Pay attention to the measurements on the sizing guide, because if they're too tight, the snaps will tend to auto-open, and if they're excessively loose, they don't restrain your diaper sufficiently. 

17 hours ago, Beccathelittle said:

Found it extremely difficult to relax down there in front of her. Something I have no idea if it will change. Just a lot of fears running though my head. I wonder if this will ever get easier.

100% the answer to your question is a resounding "yes". When I started out, I was really self-conscious about being in a diaper around people - I was constantly wondering if maybe they could see or hear it, or if I was walking funny... was my diaper sticking out of my pants? Did I have a damp spot on the back of my thigh? It took a while to get over it, and I was worried about if I would ever "be myself" and not be somewhat reticent or withdrawn in social situations. But at the same time, I knew that I couldn't go back, so, I resolved to push through it. My wife and I have pretty active social lives, my job consists primarily of visiting clients at work sites and plants, and on top of that, before Covid, I sometimes taught marshal arts classes. So, it was trial by fire - I wasn't going to give up my social life, and I determined not to give up diapers. Now, 2.5 years later, I've done a LOT of things while wearing a diaper, and other than planning a bit more, and taking some basic precautions, I live my life just as I used to. But happier. I wish the same for you. 

I missed out linking you to @oznl  my earlier post somehow - I typed his name but didn't select the link. Have a look at his 24/7 thread when you get a chance, it's good reading. Cheers. 

8 hours ago, Beccathelittle said:

I found their website and feel I can probably find something similar around here, but I am curious on the bodysuits/compression wear. Do you find like they compress the diapers in a way where they might still leak or become less absorbent?

I feel this concern from the wider community now and then. It seems to be polarising. In my experience, no, they don't seem to compress them in any meaningful way, no more than skinny jeans seem to. Or at least, I've not noticed any problems associated with absorbency and leaks. Theoretically, I suppose they could reduce the volume that natural channel that forms to pool excess liquid before it's wicked and locked away resulting in a leak, but this doesn't seem to be a problem for me with only small volumes released at any time. And they help to prevent sag which can sometimes also separate the material inside the nappy. And the discretion is lovely. Today I'm in a ABU preschool in my skinny jeans. The compression shorts help to smooth the appearance out where otherwise the shape can show later in the day.

What does cause leaks though is sitting on firm surfaces in a moderately full nappy. I don't think there's any real solution to that one, although different nappies are more prone than others to that press-out style of leaking. I also found that cloth-backed nappies leaked more than plastic-backed, so I exclusively wear plastic-backed to work now. To help with leaks, I also always wear a larger full-cut cotton brief under my plastic pants as a cheap and makeshift liner. This catches most of the minor leaks before they make their way to my clothes, whether or not I'm using compression shorts. I could wear single-layer terry brief or lined plastic pants, but they're quite expensive.

I believe @oznl used to use these light compression shorts too while working in the office, to help mainly with discretion and support. He may be able to tell you more objectively given he recorded volumes for a long period of time.

1 hour ago, sparklezBear said:

I believe @oznl used to use these light compression shorts too while working in the office, to help mainly with discretion and support. He may be able to tell you more objectively given he recorded volumes for a long period of time.

Yes, I still wear these every day over my nappy and Gary PUL waterproofs:

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/2-pack-seamfree-shaping-short/1370954

It's an Australian link but I'm pretty sure US Target & K-Mart are going to have the same.  I prefer the black ones.  Just because we wear nappies doesn't mean we need to look like grannies ?

They are cheap and effective.  They smooth out lumps and bumps (I wear thick nappies) to make me visually more discreet and keep my nappy where it needs to be (I live in sub-tropical climate that's too hot and humid for onesies most of the year, a bit like Corpus Christi but with warmer winters).

I've been 24/7 for a bit more than 2.5 years and I use two high capacity nappies per day (wet only).  I've not noticed any issues with compression pants reducing capacity.  As @sparklezBear mentioned, my experience is that press-out leaks on a well-used nappy provoked by sitting on a hard surface is the biggest risk.  The risk of mid-pee flooding for me largely disappeared as my body adapted to nappies and I began to pee very frequently but in very small volumes.

Somewhere on my "strange days" thread, there's a summary table with nappies and load when I decided to measure the heck out of what I was doing...

Good luck!

• Like 1

Small but semi embarrassing update for me today! My new new stockpile of diapers arrived today, but the fedex person left them at the wrong apartment door.. Enter scene -Receiving a knock on my door by a friendly neighbor telling me there were two large boxes at his door with my name on them.  ? 

Enter myself nervous, timid and afraid of what I would find.. Praying to God that the box labeling would not reveal the contents to my neighbor (thankfully they did not). My Neighbor, a friendly guy who is a little older than myself asked If I needed help lifting the two heavy boxes. Little me careful of how I'm bending to pick these things up praying nothing could be seen..   He ended up taking the other package and dropping it off in the inside of my apartment door. As soon as that door was closed I sighed and have yet to get repeated moments out of my little head. 

What a day! But at least I'm thankful my stash at home is growing and I'm slightly overstocked now.

I'm still unsure how frequently I'll be updating this thread but maybe bi-monthly? Unless something like today happens which I figured you all could get a chuckle out of my light hearted misery.  It's day 11 and aside from my frequency of voiding going way up, not much has changed. I'm still fully in control aside from night time. ?

• Like 6
  • Beccathelittle changed the title to *2 Year Update - My 24/7 Journey*