LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Warning signs before bowel accident?

Over the past several years, bowel accidents are rare but are increasing. Normally its due to something that I eat but can still happen with a bland diet. The only consistent factor is that I have a stomach ache beforehand which gives me about 30min to an hour before I have an uncontrollable loose bowel movement. I used to stop what I was doing to go home. But the more that its happening, its getting quite disruptive. But its also difficult to clean a bowel accident in a public restroom. Do any of you have a warning sign before a bowel accident and do you go home to make sure it doesn't happen in public? 

10 hours ago, scaifester said:

Over the past several years, bowel accidents are rare but are increasing. Normally its due to something that I eat but can still happen with a bland diet. The only consistent factor is that I have a stomach ache beforehand which gives me about 30min to an hour before I have an uncontrollable loose bowel movement. I used to stop what I was doing to go home. But the more that its happening, its getting quite disruptive. But its also difficult to clean a bowel accident in a public restroom. Do any of you have a warning sign before a bowel accident and do you go home to make sure it doesn't happen in public? 

@scaifester I wish there were warning signs most of the time it just starts coming out!

@scaifester@DiaperboyEddie12

In my opinion, there ARE signs that you have to "go" so that an accident won't happen in public.  It is just that you have to be able to get those signals, and get to a place that you can do something about that.  Over the years, I have found that there are things I consume, either solids or liquids, that I KNOW will cause a problem.  When I am dealing with issues, I use Prune Juice, Raisins OR Mineral Oil to get things moving.  Apples bind me up, because of the pectin in them, so I have to have those three items around if I have constipation.

Foods that will cause that condition: McDonald's Food, beans, and anything that I eat that I may not have had before, or anything that has grease.  I also like to eat sausages, and they can loosen stuff up pretty good as well.  I feel either a tightness, or my tummy starts to gurgle and makes noise, and if I eat foods that go through me, the result is a watery and messy discharge.  If something is REALLY tasty and AWESOME, you can bet that my diaper is gonna be used!  :)

That is why I take precautions:  I ALWAYS roll with a full stocked "Go Bag".  Days I am in my office, or days where I want to go in, I put on my megamax, and I use 2 boosters inside.  That way, the diaper lasts LONGER than if I just use it and change it right off.  If its a Messy One, I usually change in the Accessible Restroom across from the office.  As @DiaperboyEddie12 asked about my Go Bag before, I won't post again about it here:  I carry what i need to deal with blowouts and changes, so it's NOT too bad.  Another precaution is that IF I have to do a #2, and I know I will be away for a while, I will use the bathroom prior to a shower, and before putting a diaper on, so that I am pretty sure I won't have any problems.  If my bowels are empty, it makes it easier for me :)

Eddie is right:  sometimes it just "happens" and you have NO WARNING, or you get a warning, and then you fill your pants:  This depends on the way your body works:  I've had that happen a few times, and I can tell you that when it did, I was glad to have my megamax on - Most times, if I am away, I use it, but other times, I will change and use the toilet to avoid a messy situation, where I have to clean the bathroom as well.  It depends on the situation.

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 1

Some times I get no notice, but mostly my notice is to short for me to get to a toilet in time. I have issues with diarrhea that give me about 20 seconds notice. My doctor suggested that I take half an Imodium a day to help firm up my poops, and it has helped a little. Just enough that I can make it most of the time now.

I will try the apple trick, because that would be good for me anyhow. Thanks for that tip Brian.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, WetDad said:

Some times I get no notice, but mostly my notice is to short for me to get to a toilet in time. I have issues with diarrhea that give me about 20 seconds notice. My doctor suggested that I take half an Imodium a day to help firm up my poops, and it has helped a little. Just enough that I can make it most of the time now.

I will try the apple trick, because that would be good for me anyhow. Thanks for that tip Brian.

@WetDad I’m the same way.

I have something that the doctors haven't identified.   It might be a mild IBS or a food allergy.    All I know is that there are certain times I'll get a bout of nearly uncontrollable diahrhea.   I'll start feeling the pressure in my gut and I'd better either be close to a toilet or have a diaper on.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, willnotwill said:

I have something that the doctors haven't identified.   It might be a mild IBS or a food allergy.    All I know is that there are certain times I'll get a bout of nearly uncontrollable diahrhea.   I'll start feeling the pressure in my gut and I'd better either be close to a toilet or have a diaper on.

I think I have something like you.

There are certain foods I eat.   I sooner I’m done bam wam bathroom time.

I've never been able to tie it down to a specific food, but that doesn't mean there's some ingredient that shows up from time to time that I am sensitive to, or it just could be some other irritation.   Fortunately, it doesn't happen often, but I've had several accidents wearing underwear and a few times I've had a diaper on that I was glad I did.    One time, even with the diaper I had a blow out.

I have some IBS most of the times I just have a bit of leakage.  Most times I feel it happening sometimes when I hit the bathroom I'm kinda messy without having felt anything.  When it is acting up I am always in at least a pull up.  I usually get a lot of cramping and pressure so I know it will be coming, but a few weeks ago i had a weekend where 3 out of 4 messes happened with no warning and no opportunity to stop.  never had do many so close together.

22 minutes ago, DiapergirlWB said:

I have some IBS most of the times I just have a bit of leakage.  Most times I feel it happening sometimes when I hit the bathroom I'm kinda messy without having felt anything.  When it is acting up I am always in at least a pull up.  I usually get a lot of cramping and pressure so I know it will be coming, but a few weeks ago i had a weekend where 3 out of 4 messes happened with no warning and no opportunity to stop.  never had do many so close together.

That's why it's always good to be in diapers!!!!!?☺️???❤️?❤️????❤️

• Like 2

Fortunately most times I still make it to the bathroom in time but my unexpected no warnings other then a few seconds bowel movements are happening more often, im getting use to having to deal with bowel accidents and have come to terms with the possibility it will become the norm vrs occasionally.

• Like 2

I remember when I was younger, like say, 7 years old, I would go poo-poo at home. These accidents were not on purpose, I just had trouble holding my poo-poos. And at the time I would get nervous because I would get yelled at a lot by my mom when she was cleaning me up. It was always stressful, especially when I was a kid because I was sensitive and could be easily hurt. I remember I would always make the "poo-face" before going in my pants. Looking back I liked it, the feeling of release felt so good and then the dropping of the huge load in my pants felt good too.???☺️ The only thing I didn't like was sitting down in it, but that was probably because I didn't have an diapie on.? I Think if I had a diapie on I would've liked sitting in my poo-poos a lot more.??❤️?? That actually reminds me of the time I made a huge doo-doo in my pants at school.? One of the teacher's reached into the back of my jeans and checked my undies for poo-poo and cleaned me up. At the time I didn't like it, but looking back I liked it a lot. I felt so little, I wished they diapered me after cleaning me up but they didn't.????? I just gotta another pair of fresh undies to ruin later with more pee-pee or poo-poo at home.?? LOL!???????❤️?☺️?❤️??❤️???❤️??? I love making the "poo-face" when I have to go poo-poo and filling my diaper!?☺️? It's so babyish!❤️?❤️??????☺️???❤️??????❤️

• Like 3

My "Warning Signs" Are sometimes too late.....

#1: The Fart feeling, I typically expect this one as I am a fan of beans, unfortunately more often than not it may not be a fart and so if I guess wrong, I may or may not be able to prevent it.

#2: The Tummy Rumble, Usually A sign that I need to go, and soon. If I'm at home or at work I usually have time to get to the throne, but if I'm more than 15-20 minutes from home I may not make it.

#3: My hemorrhoid's flare up and prolapse (come out), Usually means something wants to come out.. sometimes its just the 'roids, but again.. if I assume its just the 'roids and ignore it I can have an "Accident" which is not a pleasant experience as a mess typically causes my 'roids to give me a painful burning sensation. Luckily they don't flare up too often, at least by my standards, once or twice a week typically sometimes longer, but usually not that lucky.

• Like 2

I'm usually loose as that can be a side effect of my meds. One thing I know will be a problem is when I have cereal for breakfast. Having cereal one day may cause a problem but two days in a row is certain to make it pour out like liquid. Other than cereal I don't know how anything will affect me.

My outer sphincter is very loose and I think the inner is looser than it was when I was younger. I have been having rear end accidents more often and my warning time varies. If I know I'm close to filling my diaper I'll sacrifice the diaper to go in the toilet but sometimes I just don't make it so clean up is necessary. Fortunately I don't work and I'm home most of the time so it's not so bad.

Hugs, Freta

• Like 1