LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I’m through with ADISC!

Perhaps just avoid political discussions:

What’s the point in wasting your time on these political threads when all they do is upset you?

And who cares what some random people on ADISC think?

Just ignore all that toxic political crap and stick to the threads and discussions you know won’t put you in a bad mood afterwards.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DLClayMongoose said:

Especially the politics thread. No place should have one because it always devolves into an echo chamber so that their fantasies can go unchallenged.

Sadly a LOT of social media has become just that, echo chambers

• Like 1
14 hours ago, spoonchicken said:

Precisely why we strongly discourage talking politics and religion in the ChatRoom...topics like that are always fraught with danger

@spoonchicken

As you have said, politics are discouraged here for a damn good reason. Most of the time it results in a lot of discord and people being upset. There is a time and place for politics, however I don’t believe in most cases it is on an online form. The result of talking about politics in most cases results in people being upset people having different opinions which do not change or, they lose  Family or  friends over politics.

Best way to avoid that is to not have discussions about politics that can get heated. I was once Almost banned on a site for my stance on a topic that dealt with the differences in being treated. Basically I said that if you are a celebrity there is a difference in the way you’re treated if you were arrested versus if I was arrested. They started a big humongous brouhaha that was so close to being across the line it wasn’t even funny and all I stated was that I thought it was unfair that people are treated differently when they are arrested.

I don’t mind saying things like “I’m a Democrat“ or “I am a Republican“ or "I believe in what is best for the people", or "I believe in Jesus" However I have learned that politics can be a sore subject and for the most part I do not engage in political discussions. Most of the time political discussions are held in places where you don’t really expect them to be. One day, I had a customer that started A political discussion. After about 10 minutes I had to stop the conversation because it was getting too far afield:  It was supposed to be a simple answer to customers question.  This is why I don’t regularly discuss politics. It’s just too volatile of a contest.   Someone wins or agrees and someone always disagrees and we can agree to disagree, but politics is a sore subject,  and that is why I do not discuss politics in general.  Same with religion - There is a forum for religion, and that is where I would discuss that, within the boundaries of the rules.  

Case in point:  Someone once asked me in chat if I would put a shirt that said something religious in my thrift store.  As it is run in, and supported by a church, I said "YES" - Once I did that, person asked me a bunch of other questions, and had to be kicked, because he would NOT respect a mod asking for him to stop.  Everyone has their beliefs, and I RESPECT them, and there are appropriate times and places to discuss topics like this, but NOT in general chat, and NOT after someone may say "Take it private please."

I have even had to BLOCK users in chat on DD because they want to talk about EITHER of these subjects, and I did NOT:  When that happens, I WILL block if I feel that the subject being discussed would cause problems.  Being a former Chat Admin, I KNOW that things get heated, and have had to do bans, because they would NOT respect the rules. 

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information
  • Like 1

@DLClayMongoose

16 hours ago, DLClayMongoose said:

Especially the politics thread. No place should have one because it always devolves into an echo chamber so that their fantasies can go unchallenged.

I think I visited ADISC A long time ago. I will never go back there again.  As I have stated in several different threads I believe: I will not return there due to situation that happened to a friend of mine. She posted something about masturbation on that site and ended up getting chastised by the admin‘s over there. They are afraid of the subject matter apparently because they are worried about protecting people. I am all for this when it is necessary but there was a similar thread post it over here and that’s threads still exist so I say this site is afraid of its own shadow.

The main thing is: there are limits what you can say and do on any site and I respect that. I believe that as long as you follow the very simple rules that are stated on a site such as this one will keep you out of trouble. If you do get into trouble the admin’s here are nice enough to let you know that you did, and will most likely give you a warning and less the evaluation is so egregious that a warning is not possible or desirable in a ban is more Affective.

I still believe DD Is the best site and no one will change my mind. It is a shame that simple subject can be turned into volatile ones because someone does not like the subject matter. Masturbation is a part of life and has a biological function and is not something to be shunned or made fun of or to be made taboo Somehow:  ADISC  says that it is against the rules.

I am sure that ADISC Thinks they’re right and will continue to have this very rigid policy that does not change. That is unfortunate for there are a lot of people that have differing opinions different ways of doing things and unfortunately people do have to realize that you can learn something from others. I mean, why would someone decide to slam a user based on the fact that they posted something about a biological function? This proves that that site does not have the stomach for it and does not want to deal with the consequences I believe that the admin‘s over there are very shortsighted and very close minded and that is why topics like that are discouraged. Here, all we have to do is make sure that we follow the rules and respect each other and we will not have a problem.  If @DailyDior any of his staff have a problem with something here they will let us know, give us warnings, or let us know other things rather than to try to embarrass someone or try to run them off. That is why I am here or at least one reason the other is because this site is a hell of a lot better than any other site on the Internet for good reason and that is because of the hard work and dedication our staff have to make sure this place is safe and welcoming to a good many of us because this is our safe zone. Thank you for doing this for us, it is appreciated and sometimes, We have to remember that it takes A village to take care of a child. This site is Mikey‘s child, and we must make sure that we take good care of it.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
General Edits
  • Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

As always, my position on this issue.

Very nice Mikey!???☺️? that song is also very catchy! I love it!??❤️??? And it sums up your feelings very well!??❤️???❤️?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

I gave up on adisc like 10 years or so ago.  They all suck over there.

Why does everybody hate adisc?? I've only been over there an couple of times. What's funny is when I first came to this website I thought it was adisc.? I was actually looking for it and came across this website instead.? Hahaha! I was just gonna look at the massage boards, I didn't plan on joining adisc. Finding this website was way better. I had known about this website for quite sometime actually and I finally decided what, "the hell I'll give it a shot" so I did and here I am a year later and it's been so good. LOL! Primarily because my little side kept growing and growing and growing and I wanted to express my little side more. So I tried YouTube for awhile, and No I did not upload videos. I would just go on videos that I liked and comment on them, usually I would say something diaper-related or talk about how much I wanted to be an baby again, or look up age regression videos, which weren't that many unfortunately.? I loved how whenever I would leave comments it would weird people out, and people would be like, "you should embarrassed", "that was terrible parenting from your parents" or "liking diapers and baby stuff is not normal, you really need to grow up!" It's always fun to hear from the normies. Hahahahaha!??????

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

When DPF Died, it took me 10 years to find a new "place." That was ADISC in 2013. The site also was very helpful in pointing me to ABDL diaper sites I never knew existed.
I don't usually have a problem with the site, sometimes there are lapses on moderation IMHO. Most threads tend to be the same thing over and over, but its not like there is a ton of variety beyond peoples stories or new product developments. I tend to end up there when I am bored, most threads seem tame or innocent anyways. If we're supposed to be "Babies" or Littles then I expect tame content perhaps? If there is moderation behind the scene that I am not aware of, maybe that is something to note? Regardless I'm a responsible "Adult" And don't post and don't try to comment on or with divisive or inappropriate statements. There are certainly people who do post content like that I suppose.  

But otherwise I wasn't aware of DD site until maybe 1-2 years ago. Only just created an account here. Seems to be more "wild west" to me. Maybe that is something people like, for others maybe not. One thing I don't like with ADISC is the new site design. The old one was more functional I thought. There are otherwise seeming to be less traffic there these days. That is the main reasons I'll try this site out. 

On 8/19/2021 at 2:28 AM, BabySpiderBoy said:

Why does everybody hate adisc?? I've only been over there an couple of times. What's funny is when I first came to this website I thought it was adisc.? I was actually looking for it and came across this website instead.? Hahaha!

@BabySpiderBoy @DailyDi@Evelyn Dellcerro @mickey555@DLClayMongoose

In my Opinion, and this IS my OPINION

1.  ADISC is a place that is NOT really friendly:  They decide to ban people who don't seem to "agree" with whatever the admins decide.  DD would NOT be so "protective" if someone disagrees with a decision, and they would ALLOW topics that ADISC would NOT, provided they are discussed in an appropriate manner, people are respectful, and no rules are broken.  They DON'T SILENCE your opinions or views.  ADISC's Moderation style is NOT something I want to deal with, and I feel that they are "heavy handed", and don't need to be like that.

2.  They "protect" users from topics they think are "inappropriate:"  They thought that the topic of "masturbation" was inappropriate for their boards, and chastised @Evelyn Dellcerro for posting it over there:  She Took care of THAT, because when she got the private message from them, she asked for her account to be deleted.  DD allowed the topic to be posted, and NO ONE got chastised for talking about "sensitive topics" over here, and even if DD Staff didn't agree, they would NOT write something that I consider inconsiderate and inappropriate.  They would send you a polite message, explain what you did wrong, tell you WHY it is wrong, and explain the rule they think you broke, so you understand what happened, and so you won't do it again.  Also, they are more consistent about things, and are better at moderation.  They will EXPLAIN things VERY clearly, and if you are still confused, you can take it to PM's - Mikey and his crew decide what is allowed, not allowed, not appropriate, and when necessary, topics are LOCKED or deleted, but they are more "common sense driven" and know that we are all *supposed to be* Over 18, and if NOT, an admin will ban and remove the user.

3.  DD usually will post and PIN and LOCK Rules, and changes to rules or policy to the TOP of the forums.  That way you KNOW what you should not or cannot do:  If something changes, they let us know, and if we don't understand something, we can ASK, and get professional responses:  Mikey is GOOD about that, :) and other admins also do this as well, so I am not really worried about breaking the rules:  They are There for us :)

4.  If users are all 18+ over there, on ADISC there should be NO REASON to "protect" anyone from the topics that are posted.  Their rules MUST be messy over there, and I believe that they (mods) are too authoritarian for their own good.  Sure, enforce your rules, but be RESPECTFUL to your userbase, UNLESS they are shown disrespect, and a user needs to be dealt with.  Even then, you should be professional, and use your resources - The way your userbase is dealt with is important, because you may lose users if you are TOO harsh, but you should save that for times you feel are appropriate!

I WILL NEVER get an account over there, for the 4 reasons listed above, but also because they don't seem to project a "welcoming atmosphere." When @Evelyn Dellcerrodecided that they "crossed a line", I decided that I would NOT go over there - Its just not a nice place :(

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information and handles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@BabySpiderBoy @DailyDi@Evelyn Dellcerro @mickey555@DLClayMongoose

In my Opinion, and this IS my OPINION

1.  ADISC is a place that is NOT really friendly:  They decide to ban people who don't seem to "agree" with whatever the admins decide.  DD would NOT be so "protective" if someone disagrees with a decision, and they would ALLOW topics that ADISC would NOT, provided they are discussed in an appropriate manner, people are respectful, and no rules are broken.  They DON'T SILENCE your opinions or views.  ADISC's Moderation style is NOT something I want to deal with, and I feel that they are "heavy handed", and don't need to be like that.

2.  They "protect" users from topics they think are "inappropriate:"  They thought that the topic of "masturbation" was inappropriate for their boards, and chastised @Evelyn Dellcerro for posting it over there:  She Took care of THAT, because when she got the private message from them, she asked for her account to be deleted.  DD allowed the topic to be posted, and NO ONE got chastised for talking about "sensitive topics" over here, and even if DD Staff didn't agree, they would NOT write something that I consider inconsiderate and inappropriate.  They would send you a polite message, explain what you did wrong, tell you WHY it is wrong, and explain the rule they think you broke, so you understand what happened, and so you won't do it again.  Also, they are more consistent about things, and are better at moderation.  They will EXPLAIN things VERY clearly, and if you are still confused, you can take it to PM's - Mikey and his crew decide what is allowed, not allowed, not appropriate, and when necessary, topics are LOCKED or deleted, but they are more "common sense driven" and know that we are all *supposed to be* Over 18, and if NOT, an admin will ban and remove the user.

3.  DD usually will post and PIN and LOCK Rules, and changes to rules or policy to the TOP of the forums.  That way you KNOW what you should not or cannot do:  If something changes, they let us know, and if we don't understand something, we can ASK, and get professional responses:  Mikey is GOOD about that, :) and other admins also do this as well, so I am not really worried about breaking the rules:  They are There for us :)

4.  If users are all 18+ over there, on ADISC there should be NO REASON to "protect" anyone from the topics that are posted.  Their rules MUST be messy over there, and I believe that they (mods) are too authoritarian for their own good.  Sure, enforce your rules, but be RESPECTFUL to your userbase, UNLESS they are shown disrespect, and a user needs to be dealt with.  Even then, you should be professional, and use your resources - The way your userbase is dealt with is important, because you may lose users if you are TOO harsh, but you should save that for times you feel are appropriate!

I WILL NEVER get an account over there, for the 4 reasons listed above, but also because they don't seem to project a "welcoming atmosphere." When @Evelyn Dellcerrodecided that they "crossed a line", I decided that I would NOT go over there - Its just not a nice place :(

Brian

@~Brian~ I had an account there but I got booted for no reason And have not been back since.  And I will never return.

• Thanks 1

Let’s face it folks, the only thing that social media has done is to rip ones family and friends apart. No one can comment on something as simple as agreeing that the sky this morning is blue without a bazillion comments on why I am wrong.I left FB years ago for this exact thing. Everyone has an opinion but really we don’t need to hear all of them or give them any of our time. What I believe in and who or I vote for or even if I do is nobody’s business but my own. So many of us out there are just waiting in the wings to pounce on the next sob that dares to post an opinion that doesn’t align with mine. Stay away from SM and news media that is constantly trying to divide us.

6 hours ago, happyindprs said:

Let’s face it folks, the only thing that social media has done is to rip ones family and friends apart. No one can comment on something as simple as agreeing that the sky this morning is blue without a bazillion comments on why I am wrong.I left FB years ago for this exact thing. Everyone has an opinion but really we don’t need to hear all of them or give them any of our time. What I believe in and who or I vote for or even if I do is nobody’s business but my own. So many of us out there are just waiting in the wings to pounce on the next sob that dares to post an opinion that doesn’t align with mine. Stay away from SM and news media that is constantly trying to divide us.

@happyindprs

I have been using social media for many years. One of the things that you have to learn about social media, is that there are certain things that you can post, and certain things that are better left unposted. Most of the time when I was younger, I posted only things that made sense to me to post. When Facebook and other social media outlets became the “norm”, everything was being posted.  after a while, Facebook was not as “glamorous and new“ as it was when it first came out. This meant, that I would not post as much as I used to.

I use Facebook and other social media outlets to keep track of my family and friends and what they are doing. I sometimes post things that happen in my life but I don’t do it as much as I used to. It is my desire to keep some things to myself, well letting others know that I’m still OK or that for example I had a good day, I went somewhere that I enjoyed, or I went and enjoyed a movie or someplace that I like to hang out.  Far too often, there are people who post almost everything on Facebook, and you have to be able to decide what is appropriate for Facebook to post and what is not appropriate to post for Facebook, or other social media outlets.  Because I have several family members who are outside of the state, the only way to keep an eye on what they are doing and keep abreast of what is happening is to monitor social media. This does not mean however, that you post everything that happens in your life or things that are private or best left private. You have to use your common sense to determine what should be posted and what should not. I have always followed the same protocol when it comes to What is posted. If someone posts something On Facebook, it is the responsibility of the poster, and not someone who is related to the poster. What I mean by this is if one of my friends is having something happen in their life and I know about it, it is not my job or my business to post it to social media. It is the job of the individual who wishes to post the information on Facebook, it is the responsibility of the poster, and not someone who is related to the poster. What I mean by this is if one of my friends is having something happen in their life and I know about it, it is not my job or my business to post it to social media. It is the job of the individual who wishes to post the information.

In the advent of social media, everything becomes news, everything becomes everyone else’s business because it is posted, and there is less privacy and less ability to keep it private. Years ago, I would post more on Facebook than anything else, but as they grow older, I don’t post as much on social media because I don’t want everyone in my friends list to know everything that is going on in my life that may be something that I wish to keep private.

There were days when you could innocently post something on Facebook, and it wouldn’t be turned into something that is twisted around in 1 million directions. Nowadays, you have people who post anything on Facebook and there are people who try to take that information and use it against you. There are even information sources that you can’t even trust, and social media outlets can be used to incite violence and other bad things.   It is my feeling that social media does have its appropriate place in use, but when you have the media and other outlets who use social media and spread inaccuracies, this becomes a problem. In this case social media is not used for the good, or its best possible use, but it is being used or somebody else’s  gratification.  You have to be careful what you read and you have to be able to determine the truth on this or veracity of any information posted. Gone are the days of innocently posting things on Facebook that aren’t turned into something that is far worse. Now, with all of the rules and regulations on these platforms, you don’t know whether what you post will be against the rules or not, because you have to find out when something is removed – even the innocent stuff is under scrutiny at all times.

yes I use Facebook and yes I post - But there are certain things I keep private, and I don’t post every day, because there’s no reason to. Media outlets and other sources of news have somehow gone overboard and you seem to think everything on Facebook is true, and it is not always true. Anyone using social media has to determine for themselves what they believe to be true or fake, And with the media being the media sometimes what you think is true is false, or what you may be thinking is false is true.

I use Facebook as a tool nothing more nothing less: there are times that I get to enjoy having fun on Facebook playing games or reading things, or seeing pictures of my family or friends. Sometimes I post things that I feel is appropriate, and sometimes I respond to posts that I think need to be responded to. However, I am very careful of what I post, because not everything I do is everyone elses business, and that seems to be what Facebook and other social media Outlets want you to do – post everything that you do online to make sure your friends see it. Facebook has it good points, and can be used in an appropriate manner, but it also can be used in an inappropriate manner in a manner that is detrimental to the person or persons online. This is why I do not post as much as I used to -  there’s no reason to post as much as I used to, because no one needs to know what’s going on all the time.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Removed a duplicate paragraph and other edits
  • 3 months later...

Yeah guys, your right. I'm probably done with ADISC for now. I can't walk on egshells there for much longer. I posted something that was in a grey area and I removed my comment because it was my bad, but not before personal attacks for it began against me from a particular person. Yet this is somehow OK.