LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Finding work suitable for diaper dependence

I'm working a manufacturing job right now, 12 hour shifts, with a lot of physical activity, and (re-) beginning diaper dependency training has been on my mind a lot. I'm compensated pretty well with what I do, but it just isn't feasible to be diapered at this job.

I have a college education I'm not using (Computer Technician), but to keep this broad, I'd like to get some feedback from the community regarding occupations that would be ideal for being diaper dependent, that only require a high school diploma or equivalent, that pay roughly $12-14/hour.

• Like 1

Well, what is most important to you at this point in your life.  Having a good well paying secure job where you are well compensated or a low end high school education level job at less pay just so you can re begin diaper dependency?  Perhaps if you search for a computer technician job and set your sights at that level because of your college training, you might just obtain a well paying sit down 8 hour a day job where wearing diapers would be feasible!  

• Like 2

I’m going to politely challenge your assertion that you can’t wear to work. Can you be more specific about the issues?  Is it that you don’t get bathroom breaks frequent enough? Lack of privacy? Trouble disposing of diapers?  Afraid of smelling like pee or being too crinkly? 

Before you throw the baby out with the bathwater, let’s see if we can troubleshoot the specific problems. 

• Haha 2

A truck driver could be a good job to be diapered full time.  Divers need to wear them sometimes when they're in a dry suit.

I've never worn to work,  so I really can't suggest how to go about wearing them where you work now.

I work a couple of types of jobs; one is a white-collar, computer and dress-pants type job, and the other is distinctly blue-collar - I do side jobs with some buddies building fences, doing landscaping and household repair work for beer money. I wear diapers for all of them. I think that if you fine-tune your wardrobe, you can wear diapers doing almost any job, maybe with the exception of a lifeguard or a stripper. 

One key addition for me has been buying some onesies, meaning diaper-shirts or "snap-T" style ones that just look like a t-shirt up top - they let you bend over or squat to lift stuff without worry about if your diaper might peak over the waistband of your pants. And, I up-sized my pants and shorts by one size. Doing that allowed me to go from only wearing slim, "medical" cloth-backed diapers, to being able to wear plastic ABDL diapers everywhere I go. 

• Like 2
On 8/9/2021 at 5:44 AM, Diseased88 said:

I'm working a manufacturing job right now, 12 hour shifts, with a lot of physical activity, and (re-) beginning diaper dependency training has been on my mind a lot. I'm compensated pretty well with what I do, but it just isn't feasible to be diapered at this job.

I have a college education I'm not using (Computer Technician), but to keep this broad, I'd like to get some feedback from the community regarding occupations that would be ideal for being diaper dependent, that only require a high school diploma or equivalent, that pay roughly $12-14/hour.

@Diseased88

I would also say that your decision should be whether the job you hold NOW is providing for your needs, or if you need to make a change.  Simply wanting to wear at work is a DESIRE, and you must weigh that with the idea that if you change jobs SIMPLY because you want to wear at work, this may not be a good decision.  If it were me, I would have to take a HARD look at the situation.  If you want a "sit down job" then that is one thing, but you have to understand that your choice of underwear is YOUR choice, but that you would be eventually found out about, and sometimes that goes GOOD, while other times it is BAD.

I am LUCKY:  I am incontinent, so this is something that can happen to those who are disabled, whether from early in life, or later on in life.  Having CP, I expected that it would occur at some point, as CP is neurological in nature, so that is a given - Incontinence is a symptom of my condition, so I won't have to worry about it too much, but you also could have something happen, where someone misunderstands, and it can turn into a bad situation.  I had been "outed" to all of my co-workers, some of my customers, and all of my volunteers, because I made a MISTAKE:  Then, one of my support contractors took it too far, and did not talk to me first, but called me at WORK, and "dressed me down" while I was at my desk:  I basically felt like a criminal, and I had been dealing with incontinence for months before August 2019 - I expected that contractor to keep this professional. and I took responsibility for my mistake, but I finally I to NAIL this contractor, because she would NOT stop, and began to threaten me - It took a couple of calls, and I was able to QUASH this:  I was in a position where I had a problem, and this contractor made my life hell, until I was able to straighten out this really crazy situation.........

Keep in mind, my wearing and using is NOT a desire, it is a NECESSITY: I was devastated because of what happened, and I can tell you that people who misunderstand usually cause the ripple.  In my case, it made it harder:  Its bad ENOUGH that I had someone not understand, but to then threaten me or chastise me because I have incontinence is RIDICULOUS!

In my job, the people who NEED to know of my incontinence KNOW it, and they SUPPORT me:  I use a wheelchair, and I can tell you that I carry my supplies with me, and I change when necessary.  I do it because I NEED to, and yes, I like diapers, but I NEED them too. 

When you make a decision on whether to change jobs, it should be made with the understanding of what will happen FINANCIALLY and for other reasons:  The least of which would be your ability to wear diapers at work.  You CAN do it, because it is your decision, but Remember, that you should place your PRIORITIES for diaper wearing LOWER than your priority for having a job that allows you to sustain yourself.

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 1

Factor in a few things.  Giving up any seniority you have at your current job means starting out at a new job on the worst shift as the newbie.  Also, employers want to know why you are quitting a well paying job you have been with for years in order to take a lower paying job.  One thing employers watch for is past job history.  If you change jobs every couple years, they want to know why.  Did you have issues with your boss?  Can't get along with coworkers?  Not doing your job satisfactory?  When hiring people for a job, they want someone who will stick with it and not quit in a year.  That costs them time and money to train someone only to have them leave and not stick with the job.  Finally, you might get a new job and find out after a few weeks that you really hate it and wish you had your old job back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Factor in a few things.  Giving up any seniority you have at your current job means starting out at a new job on the worst shift as the newbie.  Also, employers want to know why you are quitting a well paying job you have been with for years in order to take a lower paying job.  One thing employers watch for is past job history.  If you change jobs every couple years, they want to know why.  Did you have issues with your boss?  Can't get along with coworkers?  Not doing your job satisfactory?  When hiring people for a job, they want someone who will stick with it and not quit in a year.  That costs them time and money to train someone only to have them leave and not stick with the job.  Finally, you might get a new job and find out after a few weeks that you really hate it and wish you had your old job back. 

@Diseased88 @rusty pins

You also should realize that, when you SUBMIT a resume, the Hiring Authority or person who makes the decision(s) on this will also not like or could pass on you if there are too many instances of large GAPS in your employment history, or what can happen is, as I have SEEN with my own eyes:  A friend of mine who had to hire a cook for our meal site one year.  The field was down to 2 people, and she had to make a decision.  She CALLED the references of a candidate, and she make notes:  Apparently, she wanted to  see if the guy was really an "Executive Chef."

Long Story short:  The supposed "Executive Chef" was NOT hired for 2 reasons:

ONE:  He would add too much SPICE to everything he cooked, and used a HALF CONTAINER of BEEF BASE in making a Chicken Tetrazini dish.  (I don't even think that @Evelyn Dellcerro @Transfusionelle OR @DailyDi would be able to stomach that, without a LOT of water:  It was HOT and SALTY - baaaaad :( - so bad, the boss almost had to use her asthma meds hehe BZZZZZZT!!)

TWO:  An Executive Chef is a person who in a kitchen is like the foreman of a factory.  My boss was really looking for a way to test the 2 guys left.  She had each person order, plan, and make a meal.  The loser was OUT.  She asked that "executive chef" to "Candy some Carrots."  When the guy didn't know HOW to do that, she made her decision RIGHT there, and hired the other gentleman:  Who was a MESS Sergeant in the Vermont Army National Guard:  He always made good food, and always made sure we were taken care of, as she did.  He also was NOT HIRED, she said, because "He Lied on his Resume, and said he was an "Executive Chef" and anyone who is an Executive. Chef SHOULD be able to candy some carrots", [Which I asked her how to do after the guy was gone]. She had decided that he was NOT what his resume said he was.

as @rusty pins says, they also may not hire you if you have a lot of jobs of shorter duration.  My problem was that when I was in college, everyone was telling me that I would be able to be hired, but I have a feeling that I was NOT hired "because of things that they cant disclose". This equates to "They don't hire disabled people", which of course they CANNOT use as a valid excuse, so they can decide NOT to hire you for any reason, as LONG as they DON"T say that a disability was the reason. - STUPID, but what could I do?

Oh, the things you learn from old, dear friends........

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
added a word

When I started out at my job I never revealed that I did my own drawings and that I had been into photography as a hobby. I had done drawing in animation and cartooning back in high school. I was hired for a worldwide company as an accountant in 1995. I was there at a desk in an office alone working and of course I had my pullup on as a regular diaper lover would have. I was at my desk doodling on down time, and in comes my manager and the owner of the company, I had not a clue who this man was. My manager introduces me and the owner shook my hand and was staring at my doodling. I was bored and had been drawing some old cartoons I know. I always had a warped sense of humor and my exact drawing was Gumby and Pokey having sex. I was trying desperately to cover up the cartoon with my elbow,, but it was in color and was out in plain sight. I was a bit embarrassed as the owner picked up the pad and just burst out laughing like Santa yelling Ho Ho Ho !! He looked at me and asked if I had a portfolio of drawings and I loved to doodle and had my case with me. He was looking through my work and shook his head. My manager was standing in the background quiet and what looked to be a bit fearful. The owner took my hand and asked if I ever worked with animation. I told him honestly that I did draw for my high school paper back in 1981.. he asked me to come in the following morning bright and early at 4:30AM. The following morning he was waiting for me at the service door with a security guard Joe. We sat over a cup of coffee and he explained to me what was going on. He mentioned the cartoonist that did the ads you all see in newspapers was retiring and he wanted a fresh face, something totally new and he wanted to do this with me. I really had no idea that I would be in charge just a year later and that I would have my own crew of photographers and videographers to go out in the field and do runway shows and convert many of these dresses and gowns and fashion into animation. The company actually paid for my basic computer skills. I loved it and I realized I could still wear my diapers. Weird thought right. It was wonderful and I got to pick and choose my crew. The owner of the company is a great man and turned out to be a wonderful boss and friend. I was honored that he actually wanted me to do his wedding pictures a few years later. I'm sitting here crying thinking of the chance this man took on me and how life changed for me. Here I was with college degrees in accounting and business drawing on a computer screen with a mouse and making triple of what I started out as. I love my job, I love my crew, and they are like my second family. My first husband was so proud of me and I loved the support he gave me. Up to present day I still love my job and it has opened so many opportunities for me. I am still a very humbled Latina that grew up in The Bronx and never took anything for granted. I want to dedicate this to a loving face that I saw every morning Mr. Joseph. He was the security guard that opened the doors for me every morning for twenty two years and walked me to my office. He passed from the covid virus last year and I do miss his wonderful smile and sense of humor. I never asked about his personal life and he was always the perfect gentleman. Joe this shot of tequila is for you buddy !!!  Many people will never understand my dedication to my job, but I was given a million dollar shot at a future. The owner took a chance on me and I am proud to serve a company with all my heart and energy. I think about it and I have six years to retire, What will retirement be like ??  And I still love my diapers and wear them faithfully. I also wish to thank @~Brian~ for giving me the chance to read this question..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
On 8/10/2021 at 6:26 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@Diseased88 @rusty pins

You also should realize that, when you SUBMIT a resume, the Hiring Authority or person who makes the decision(s) on this will also not like or could pass on you if there are too many instances of large GAPS in your employment history, or what can happen is, as I have SEEN with my own eyes:  A friend of mine who had to hire a cook for our meal site one year.  The field was down to 2 people, and she had to make a decision.  She CALLED the references of a candidate, and she make notes:  Apparently, she wanted to  see if the guy was really an "Executive Chef."

Long Story short:  The supposed "Executive Chef" was NOT hired for 2 reasons:

ONE:  He would add too much SPICE to everything he cooked, and used a HALF CONTAINER of BEEF BASE in making a Chicken Tetrazini dish.  (I don't even think that @Evelyn Dellcerro @Transfusionelle OR @DailyDi would be able to stomach that, without a LOT of water:  It was HOT and SALTY - baaaaad :( - so bad, the boss almost had to use her asthma meds hehe BZZZZZZT!!)

TWO:  An Executive Chef is a person who in a kitchen is like the foreman of a factory.  My boss was really looking for a way to test the 2 guys left.  She had each person order, plan, and make a meal.  The loser was OUT.  She asked that "executive chef" to "Candy some Carrots."  When the guy didn't know HOW to do that, she made her decision RIGHT there, and hired the other gentleman:  Who was a MESS Sergeant in the Vermont Army National Guard:  He always made good food, and always made sure we were taken care of, as she did.  He also was NOT HIRED, she said, because "He Lied on his Resume, and said he was an "Executive Chef" and anyone who is an Executive. Chef SHOULD be able to candy some carrots", [Which I asked her how to do after the guy was gone]. She had decided that he was NOT what his resume said he was.

as @rusty pins says, they also may not hire you if you have a lot of jobs of shorter duration.  My problem was that when I was in college, everyone was telling me that I would be able to be hired, but I have a feeling that I was NOT hired "because of things that they cant disclose". This equates to "They don't hire disabled people", which of course they CANNOT use as a valid excuse, so they can decide NOT to hire you for any reason, as LONG as they DON"T say that a disability was the reason. - STUPID, but what could I do?

Oh, the things you learn from old, dear friends........

Brian

I love to add just enough sugar, dont wanna make Brian a diabetic, and enough spice, not too much to make his poop burn.. lol .....  For me whenever hiring I always gave hands on training, and have trained quite a few of my collegues. I always wanted people to feel comfortable on a job, and if anyone ever came to me and said they needed a diaper, my first question would be "will it interfere with your job"? and second would be "will it interfere with anyone elses job" ? I have worn diapers throughout my job and have never had a reason to tell anyone or even to disclose. So I would expect nothing else from my crew.. Kisses Brian and Elles gonna write her post in a bit,, she sends hugs..

• Like 3