LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Lucky Penny (Chapter 10 5/29/22)

5 hours ago, ImprobableLemon said:

So it begins...

Not entirely sure how lucky Penny is, but I guess we'll find out shortly.

Well, she's lucky she's not in a work camp at a former landfill... :)

...maybe...

Would be interesting to know what her fate would have been with the lawyer. I do like the style and as you mentioned the progression would speed up a little bit after the first couple chapters. I did catch why the female guard was behind her and what was happening with the riding crop and her positioning after reading through it a little bit. It feels like your style is instead of describing directly we find out through reading that part.

As for the comment about the Taliban, It was a good parallel as they are focused on religion and do things in the name of their religion. There are others with the same religion but they are the more extreme. In this dystopian universe, there are some people that are going to be more extreme about things than the others. I am not familiar with the story this got inspiration from so I can't compare like others, and do not know what to expect.

I have a feeling that things at the rehab could go either way. As this is on this forum, I am sure something happens where she ends up in diapers, and the tone has been set that she has to give full compliance or get sent to a labor camp. I think that if she does end up getting her charges cleared when all is done, something will have happened where she'll have to be dependent on them, even if just for wetting.

I am sure we haven't seen the last of her friend. Her friend did try to warn her, just like the nurse tried to warn her to lawyer up. Maybe the consequence of no lawyer is she'll end up regressed for a bit, or end up needing diapers, if by some accident or forced medical need.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AdultInnocence said:

I did catch why the female guard was behind her and what was happening with the riding crop and her positioning after reading through it a little bit. It feels like your style is instead of describing directly we find out through reading that part.

I do like playing around with suspense elements where something is happening, it's very shocking, and I wait until you absorb that shock before I tell you what predicated it.  But I also gave breadcrumbs when I described the cell upon her initial entry.  Her reaction to what was on TV set up the scene where crazy guard goes all dominatrix on her for disrespecting the "men of God".  

You started off good and I really liked your writing. It's such a shame you ruined it by bringing in politics. Sadly at that point I stopped reading. 

58 minutes ago, Newroad said:

You started off good and I really liked your writing. It's such a shame you ruined it by bringing in politics. Sadly at that point I stopped reading. 

Politics is an integral part of the plot.  Sorry you didn't pick up on that in the intro. 

As you point out, "Politics is an integral part of the plot."  People who ignore politics that is all around them remind me of the frog in the fry pan that is slowly heating up, they ignore the increase in temp until it is too late. Seems like there is a lot of that going on these days!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/19/2021 at 8:54 PM, WBDaddy said:

Politics is an integral part of the plot.  Sorry you didn't pick up on that in the intro. 

The story doesn't make sense without it, and even besides that there wouldn't be any atmosphere. Some people prefer bottle stories, though, so to each their own.

• Like 1

I have enjoyed it. While I normally ignore politics, but the way it’s part of this story and how it’s written, it’s more like watching a movie with politics nicely woven into it’s plot. Very well done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 10/19/2021 at 7:57 PM, Newroad said:

Okay. I'll bite.  Where do you think the politics is?

• 3 weeks later...

So now it has happened!
I was wondering how long it will take, until more and more will jump on the political bandwagon, in to the comments?

Here we have the answer!

So I enjoy the frogs best in the deep fat fryer!
From the frying pan, they just do not taste!

Whereas ... how can I judge?
I have never eaten frog legs in my life and don't intend to start now!

Once again ... To put the political plot in the foreground on such a page, in the comments ... that's really a thing like donald prefers ... are there really so many Donald's here?

The main thing is to bang something into the keys instead of switching on the brain first?

I am not aggressive, I do feel attacked and bullied, but will eventually rise above it!

I will also swallow the side blow with the riding crop!
Although I still think that this scene was poorly described ... it just wasn't good.
Like WBDaddy just didn't take the time to flesh it out in a more exciting way and if you look this scene at it objectively .... ... ... what opinion do you think you will come to?

Of course you can stand afterwards and say, but it was all there, every single clue, but that doesn't change the fact that it doesn't read round!

It just does not harmonize!

Sorry, but your slogans they have not impressed me at all, quite the contrary ...
That is almost embarrassing considering, if we little bit think, where we are!

Once again, this is not a political platform page!

Or have I misunderstood something?

Maybe we should talk about Joe Biden and Virginia now? (I like him)
Or about Germany, the country which does not manage to get rid of a GDR government!
But also England is funny with his Brexit!
Poland Hungary with its LGBTQ policy or rather about Turkey?
How about Belarus?
Putin is also always worth a chapter ...
So I should now continue with Africa or with the coruption in Chile and Brazil or how about Mexico ...
Or the stupid tuna with her friday for future ...
Do you understand now where this can lead?
Is this what you really want?

Maybe the forum operators should rename the site to prospective politicians in diapers!
laugh is not forbidden now ... ... ...

But I think ...

This is an erotic fetish site or from me an AB page where adults feel like babies, whether for them now sex is important or not is a moot point!
And this baby status should really not highlight theire users, with pointless slogans in this comments!

I, however, prefer rather the rough kind am so DL, and supporter of BDSM, so I enjoyed WBDaddys start of the story so much!

I want to relax when I read WBDaddys story and not hear some completely stupid statement about any country in the world!

If you are interested, then you should go to the right sites and express yourself there ... but don't try it with your slogans or you will be laughed at faster than you would like!

I am a woman who is also very interested in politics, but certainly not here!
And certainly not with slogans, I shine more with facts than with propaganda slogans!

By the way, they kill, abuse and suppressed the rebelling women in Afganistan not only since yesterday, and not only in Afganistan !!!

Live and let live, that is a motto what counts and not frogs or Taliban, on a political stage!
At least not here!

@WBDaddy

Back to your story!
You two wanted to tell something, that can not possibly have been all or?

Too bad that you have obviously failed together with your partner, to keep the political aspect out of the comments!

Except *Guilend* he has it understand, what do you doing!

A steep template you had received from me, but the goal you have unfortunately missed! (Soccer or Football )
I have waved the fence post, but hardly anyone has understood it!
You like more pointless slogans?

Of course, your story must also play in some timeline, you have made that more than clear in chapter 1!
Of course it is an obviously misogynistic timeline!
Of course is the political aspect in to maybe everry story on DD-Forum!
Somehow it must be justified why adult women are put in diapers!

But Taliban´s or frog in a frying pan, that interested here, honestly said, no pig!

We all want only see the one thing ... how will Penny end up in diapers? ... How much spankings will she get?
Will she even embrace, and learn to love her new life, as a submissive woman?

Or who comes and safe her ... ... ... I hope no where comes to safe her ... sadistic smile

This is the core of the poodle, and not some Taliban stories or frogs in the frying pan.

Just keep the political aspect out ( I mean not in your story, there is it important!) than you can still tell a great story! Hold it out in your comments!

I for one would continue to be very happy, if you don't give up this story!

At the moment it looks quite strong after it!

After chapter 5 and 6 you have become much better, your writing style is again round, your interactions are right again, that's so good that I want to honor you / you with a trophy!

please don´t give up!

greeting from bad mad snowwhite

:22_EmoticonsHDcom:

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Hopsalot said:

I like how you don’t jump the gun on the diaper shenanigans

I have a long and storied reputation for being a slow burner.  I've always been obsessive about making sure the story leading up to the "payoff" leaves you thinking "the diapers make perfect sense here" - almost to the point where you didn't even notice them coming into the picture. 

This one, I've got a plan, I'm just having a difficult time getting from where I am in the story to where that happens.  That's been the lag here. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 1:59 AM, Personalias said:

@snowwhiteComment sober or get pulled over.

When the witch is out of the house, Hänsel dance on the table!
Well, the witch is back!
:22_EmoticonsHDcom:

All right, Personalis, you should maybe notice, I have bitten too. ?
quote end!

If such a small fish like you, so cheeky swims back and forth in front of my mouth, he must not be surprised if he is swallowed without effort.
And that although the perch did not want to hunt ... ... ... ?

Well, inexperienced fish, live in every pond! ... ?

Next time, you want write to me, you should please train yourself in retoric! ?
I'm certainly not perfect at the english language, with  all her slangs ... but you ... ... ... I am schocked ... no, not realy! ?

let us get to your 5 words, that have been put together for me completely meaningless!

What do you want, from me?
A ... "story- tell", "-express", "-explain", or is it just a stomping, whining, shouting, hustled, howl, ... ...

... I am here, can you see me?

You konwing what? ... I don´t care!

To be honest, I am not very interested in further conversation with you.
I am sure, you will respect that! ?

Thanks and bye

On 11/8/2021 at 4:45 AM, WBDaddy said:

I have a long and storied reputation for being a slow burner.  I've always been obsessive about making sure the story leading up to the "payoff" leaves you thinking "the diapers make perfect sense here" - almost to the point where you didn't even notice them coming into the picture. 

This one, I've got a plan, I'm just having a difficult time getting from where I am in the story to where that happens.  That's been the lag here. 

@WBDaddy
A question for you and your client ... obviously you have lost the path.

Why this is so, I know unfortunately only too well!

But, since I love your plot, I will ask you now if I get permission from both of you to translate this start of the story into German and continue.

I am mainly concerned with the first 4 chapters, which I intend to write much more intense and elaborate, I would also take littel things from chapter 5 and 6, but these interactions are also elaborated too, so that I do not run into your dead end.

To honore you both, will I take the same Names of all your charcters.
And in my Prolog will I give a link to your praton too, and your Name "WBDaddy" bye DD Story & Forum Boards!

But only if you say ... yes do it ...

I will publish it by Wattpad

A happy ending, I'm certainly not considering in this story!

These things will happen in the story:

Hardcore BDSM with its subcategories of
Fetish
Bondage
SM
Petplay
Bodymotion
DL & a little bit also AB

Both, the religious and the political background will play an important role.

But unlike how it happend here, I'll take it as a given and not to begin to consider judgmental, or let it judgmental from coments.
I would delete this consistent!

For those who do not understand!

It means ... there will be no attempt from my side, to condemn or to cheer this patriarchy, religious and political world.
Discussions about misogyny, I will just as nip in the bud as these about religion or politics.

In the worst case, a Taliban burning itself off, because he fell asleep at the campfire, or better is, he jump up run to the rocks screaming and so falling stones to of him Burning and stoned.
Oh yes, that is fine,  ... what a fool ... LoL ... Mel Brooks lets greeting! :22_EmoticonsHDcom:?:22_EmoticonsHDcom:

For this funny scene, maybe I should think of a chapter ... NO rather not because then I'm judging again!

This world is given and will continue to exist when I am finished with the story, with all its laws.
So this story will not even begin to be an "AB" story.
But a big DL-story

My naturel is deeply evil ... hahaha hahaha hahaha

greetings from mad bad
snowwhite

Ps.
I wait for your answear
thanks, good night and stay safe

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 3:01 PM, snowwhite said:

I wait for your answer

Had to think about how to say this, but I decided to just do so.

1) I have two more chapters in the bucket, but I have held them back because my commissioner gets first look, then my Patreon subscribers, then everyone else.  

2) I have the chapter after that already halfway done - that's the part I'm struggling with.  

3) I have huge portions already written for later in the story.  I know the rest of arc 2, I know arc 3, and I know the resolution. 

The story is already there in my head.  I just have to get over little road bumps, and that's been hard because I started a new day job (because Patreon doesn't pay $52K a year, and I doubt it ever will, even if I went full time writing) that has demanded most of my mental energy.  

If you are patient, you will get the rest of the story that's already there.  And it'll scratch a lot of the itches you've delineated here.  

If not, well, I'm sorry my output didn't meet your requirements. 

• 1 month later...

Hello WBDaddy
There is no reason to look for excuses!

Yes, you are right, when you say private life goes before and thus also earn the money to be able to live independently.

In this moment I start with the 4th million €, because the first 3 have diden´t work!!! :09_EmoticonsHDcom:

Also I am still far away from the pension or from a rich husband!
I am happy every time, if I meet other people with the same inclinations, who do not sit from morning to night in front of the computer and forget to live their real life.

When I noticed your silence after about 14 days, I already took it as a "no".

So no problem.

for information
I have almost finished the story!

Only the conclusion is still missing, because I'm not sure if I should end a little softer (it remains dark), or remain without a way out (deep dark)!

I didn't take any of your characters, place, time, names are all alienated enough, that you can recognize the start, but nothing more!

I also only took the first 2.5 chapters, and alienated.

My little girl is a bit younger, more delicate, insecure and shy.

Also, she works in a cafe and not in a diner anymore!

By the time I'm done with the last 3-5 chapters, it will be about 20-22 chapters, and thus about 80-100K words.

Whether I'll ever get it into English is questionable though ... since my grammar isn't good enough to make that!

At Wattpad, I will also no longer publish it!
Envy peoples, have 3 of my stories deleted ...
And Wattpad is a bitch, they have not even said why they delete this ... underage there are none in my stories!

At the moment I'm looking for where I can publish without losing control of my stories ...

But that's again just my problem and certainly not yours!

Thanks anyway for your wonderful idea about this timeline with this kind of government.

It has given me great pleasure to write this story.

Thank you and have a good and healty new year.
Stay safe

greetings from mad bad
snowwhite

• 3 months later...

Adweta led Penny to her room and admonished her to hurry up and change while she waited outside the door.  Penny barely had time to take stock of the place while she ripped the prison gown off and slipped on the not-quite-knee-length white frock, but there wasn’t much to it.  Bed.  Desk.  Nightstand with a lamp.  Chain-link fence on the outside of the window.  A half-bath attached with a sink and a toilet.  She barely was able to take it all in before Adweta knocked on the door.

“Five minutes, Penny!”

Penny sighed and opened the door.  “Um… ready, I guess.”  Other women surfaced from the other rooms in the hall and headed down toward what she guessed was the nurse’s station.  Except they were dressed in normal street clothes - blouse and skirt or jumper, dresses, socks and shoes, all of which made Penny suddenly very self-conscious about what she was wearing - and not wearing.

“Wow… uh…” she stammered as Adweta led her in the same direction.  “How do they have, like, normal clothes?”

“Most of our patients are here either voluntarily or, in some cases, committed by their parents.  So, they brought their own clothes.”

“Yeah, I kinda… didn’t have a chance to pack…”

“If you’d like, we can reach out to your parents, see if they can bring some clothes for you?”

“Yeah, like that’s ever gonna happen.”  She thought again about Dee.  She probably wouldn’t even help her, what with that speech about the sticks.  Shame filled her; at this point, Penny wasn’t even sure she wanted Dee to know how badly things had gone for her.

“Well, I can at least requisition you some socks, underwear, and toiletries.  I’ll get the paperwork done while you’re in the group, okay?”  Adweta rubbed Penny’s back while they walked past the nurse’s station, around a corner, and past a few more closed doors, including ones she noticed were marked women’s and men’s showers.

“Sure, yeah, that’d be great.  Thanks.”

“Okay, here we are.”  Through an open door they went.  The room was fairly large and had a TV at one end, with assorted sitting furniture arranged haphazardly in a circle.  Four women were already here and seated, a couple of them looking like young teenagers, which took Penny by surprise.  Of course, all of their eyes immediately locked on her, looking her up and down.

“Go ahead and find a spot, Penny,” said Adweta.  “We’ll do introductions as soon as everyone arrives.”

Penny sat down cross legged in a beanbag chair, offering a little wave to the four pairs of eyes still locked on her.  She pulled at the hem of her gown, glancing around the room, trying to ignore the holes they were burning in her.  Another uniformed woman walked in, and Adweta whispered something to her before stepping out.  Three more women in street clothes arrived, all of them double-taking when they spotted her, but they silently took their seats.  One of them smiled, and Penny could have sworn it was a flirt.

“Alright, looks like everyone’s here,” announced the woman still standing in the front of the room. “I’m Miss Georgia, and this is the weekly dorm discussion.  Here we talk about issues relating to our treatment, make suggestions about ways to improve conditions, and talk about any conflicts with other patients or staff.  We do have a new patient on the dorm, so we’ll go ahead around the room with introductions; who we are, why we’re here.  Jessica, would you like to start?”

A girl to Penny’s right rolled her eyes.  “I’m Jessica, and I’m here because I’m an addict.”  Her scrawny frame and bad teeth belied her drug of choice.

Okay, so maybe this is a drug rehab after all? Penny thought.

“I’m Esther, and I’m here because my parents wanted to go on a cruise and leave me behind.”  The girl to Jessica’s right, one she suspected was a teenager, proved her correct.

“Esther, you’re not going to get better until you embrace your challenges.”  Miss Georgia cast a scolding glance at Esther.

“Fine.  I’m here because I have problems controlling my impulses.”  Esther made air quotes around that last part, then folded her arms in a huff.

One by one they went around the room, and Penny tuned out.  Some chubby girl had bulimia.  The toothpick next to her was anorexic.  They held hands and smiled at each other after they were done talking.  Who the hell even cared about these kids?  Penny was here to do her time, not make friends.  Until the one that smiled at her before spoke up.

“I’m Maribeth, and I’m here on a court order.”  That got Penny’s attention.

Miss Georgia looked sternly at her.  “And why did the court order you to come here?”

“Because I like girls, duh.”  Maribeth rolled her eyes, while Penny’s eyes got big.

“Until we start being honest with ourselves, we’re never getting better, are we?”  The woman folded her arms.

“Okay, I’m here because some asshole decided to take exception to me liking girls, so I knocked his block off!”  Maribeth glared at the woman and folded her arms right back.  “Happy now?”

Cute and strong-willed?  And flirting with her?

“And is physical violence an appropriate way to deal with your anger?”

“No.”  Another eyeroll. “But it’s an appropriate way to deal with a gropey old man who won’t keep his hands to himself!”

“Alright, let’s just move on.”  Miss Georgia was clearly fed up.  “You and I will talk later about compliance with treatment.”

Penny didn’t even realize she was still staring at Maribeth until the girl turned and winked at her, a wry grin on her face.

“Penny?”  Miss Georgia spoke, breaking the moment.  “Your turn.”

“I’m Penny, and I’m here because I bought sticks and got busted.”

Gasps from others in the room.  Whispers.  “What?!”  Penny snarled.  “It’s not like I killed someone!”  She had no patience for this, after the jail nightmare.

“And why did you try to harm yourself, Penny?  What was your motivation?”

Because of course the woman was going to play that game with her when she was already on edge.  “I wasn’t trying to harm myself, I just wanted to be Barren!”

More gasps.  More whispers.  “What the fuck is your problem?!  I’m not judging you for your weird food problems!” she shouted at the two eating disorder girls, jumping to her feet. The group fell silent, all eyes now locked on her.

Miss Georgia stood up.  “Alright, Penny, do we need to take a break?”

“No!  I just don’t understand why everyone’s suddenly all gossip and faux outrage!  Bunch of fucking hypocrites!”  As her volume rose, Penny could feel all the pent-up rage from the events of the last two days trying to force its way out of her.

The woman started to move toward her.  “Okay, let’s take a break, Penny.  Come on.”

“I’m fine, I’m fine!”  Penny plunked herself back down into the beanbag, folding her own arms up and glowering around the room.

Miss Georgia sat back down.  “Alright, but in the future you need to handle your emotions maturely, by talking about them instead of yelling at people and calling them names.”

Penny stayed silent, and remained so for the duration of the group.  Buncha kids bringing up petty-ass “issues” with the center’s rules, lack of entertainment, and a lot of other things which held no interest to her whatsoever.  She couldn’t have been happier when it ended, and she darted for the door.  This was going to be a long three months.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the long layoff everyone.  I started a new job last November, and it's been more mentally taxing than I thought it would be.  I'm actively working again, thanks to a little creative boost from some friends, and I feel good about the progress I'm making.  

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • WBDaddy changed the title to A Lucky Penny (Chapter 8 5/8/22)

It had been long enough I had to scroll through the parts to remind myself of this story. (Second one like that today on this board!) I wonder about how long it will take her to realize the 'not less than three months' for the treatment? The nine months is interesting for a time frame too... 

Glad you're writing again. I completely understand work killing any ability to write! It's been slow going for me recently!

• Like 1
On 5/8/2022 at 8:50 PM, BabySofia said:

It had been long enough I had to scroll through the parts to remind myself of this story.

I completely understand.   Never meant for it to go this long.  

On 5/8/2022 at 8:50 PM, BabySofia said:

Glad you're writing again. I completely understand work killing any ability to write! It's been slow going for me recently!

On 5/9/2022 at 10:41 AM, Personalias said:

Glad to see this back!  Really love the world building you're putting in here and exploration of systems and sociology.

Thank you both for the support.  I'm getting some momentum under me this time, so I don't expect to have another long absence any time soon. 

Hello WBDaddy, glad you have some time and air to continue writing your story.
I am very curious in how far your orginal story is from my story.
I repeat again, I love your beginning and picked it up, but you won't recognize it from chapter three with me, especially after I read your 8th chapter.

Which I find very interesting, by the way.
"The Handmaid's Tale meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" ....

I'm curious to see what else is coming.
You make a good and intrest job!

best wish from bad mad snowwhite

• Like 1

Thoroughly annoyed, Penny stormed down the hall, making a beeline for her room as fast as possible.  As she passed the nurse’s station, she caught a glimpse of Adweta standing up.  

“Penny?” 

She ignored the call.  Didn’t even slow her pace.  Footsteps behind her; great, Adweta was following now.  Didn’t matter.  She’d slam the door in the woman’s face if she had to.  The last thing she wanted to do was talk to anyone.  At. All. 

Adweta was quicker than Penny expected, though.  By the time Penny got through the door and started to close it, the nurse blocked it with her body.  And for such a slight-looking frame, Adweta held fast as Penny threw her weight against the door.  “Hey, tough time in the group?”

Penny scowled.  “Look, I told you I was exhausted.  I haven’t slept in two days, I haven’t eaten anything all day but a dried up muffin and a cup of coffee, and I didn’t need a bunch of kids gossiping about me right in front of my face!  Can you please just leave me alone for a while?!”  

“We’re going to talk first.  And as soon as we’re done, you’ll have a good hour or so to yourself before your evaluation with Doctor Phillips, okay?”  

The look on Adweta’s face said she wasn’t going anywhere.  “Fine.  What the hell do you want?!”  Penny threw herself onto the bed and stared at the ceiling.  She heard the door close as Adweta stepped fully into the room.

“Well, we heard you yelling all the way up at the nurse’s station.  And you said some pretty hateful things.  What the heck happened in there?”  Penny could hear Adweta’s concerned head-cock in her voice, and she rolled her eyes at it. 

“So, like everybody’s got a story to tell in there, and everyone’s cool, until my turn, and they’re all freaking out because I bought sticks because I wanted to be Barren so I could get training and get a real job!  Fucking judgmental bitches!” 

“Penny, please.  That’s no way to speak of your peers.”

“Well they are!”

“You still don’t understand, do you?  Penny, over half the women in our society are Barren, and they were born that way.  Two of the girls on this ward are Barren.  So am I.  Do you have any idea what I would give to be able to have a family with my husband, to do as God commanded and be fruitful and multiply?”

Penny sat up and glared at the nurse, fighting back a lump in her throat.  “But I don’t want a husband or children!  Why can’t I just have what I want?!”

Adweta’s face never changed.  “And that is exactly the problem, Penny.  You don’t care about anything but what you want.  We recovered from what was sure to be our demise by putting aside our selfishness and taking actions that were for the betterment of our society.  The nation needs every fertile woman to produce children, as many as they can, just as God wants for us!  The only reason you’re struggling right now is because you’re fighting against God!  And you can’t win that fight!”

Despite her best efforts, Penny’s eyes started to fill with tears.  “Then why did God make me like this?!  Why did God make me like women, not men, if that’s what he wanted for me?  Why do I have to be miserable the rest of my life going back and forth between getting porked by some dude I don’t even like and having a belly full of fetus?!  I don’t even LIKE babies!”

“Penny, all I can tell you is that God will not give you a burden you can’t carry.  But you have to stop fighting him and start trusting that he has a plan for you.”

Penny wiped her eyes and flopped back onto the bed.  “I knew it.  I knew this place was gonna be all about beating me over the head with a bible until I broke.”

“Penny, that’s not…”

“Can you please just go away?  Please?”  Penny hated being emotional in front of people, and she hated even more that it was so easy for this woman to manipulate her like this. 

A deep sigh.  “Alright.  I’ll come get you when it’s time for your evaluation, okay?”

Penny didn’t answer, and Adweta left quietly.  

Penny was positively haggard by the time the nurse returned.  She didn’t even bother lifting her head off the pillow as she lay there on her stomach.  “I… can’t do this.  I can’t.  I can’t talk to anyone else right now.”  

“Penny, I promise, you’ll have the rest of the evening to yourself.  I’ll get your dinner delivered to your room, and I’ll make sure no one disturbs you before lights out.  Let’s just get through this, c’mon.” 

Penny sat up to Adweta’s hand extended toward her.  Sighing, she took it and stood up.  

The only thing she remembered about the “evaluation” was the uneasy feeling she had that the doctor really didn’t care how she answered his questions, that he’d already made up his mind, no matter what she said.  Oh, and that he had to wake her up once because she dozed off.  When it was finally over, she was glad for Adweta’s shoulder to lean on coming back to her room.  She barely roused later when they brought her dinner tray in, and daylight streamed through her window the next time she opened her eyes. 

• Like 9
  • WBDaddy changed the title to A Lucky Penny (Chapter 9 5/15/22)
On 5/11/2022 at 4:18 PM, snowwhite said:

"The Handmaid's Tale meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" ..

Well, essentially it's three arcs.  This arc is firmly in that One Flew place, while still reminding us all that this world is misogynous, hyper-religious, and intolerant.  There will be another arc, and the setting will change again, to something far darker. 

In retrospect, I feel I shouldn't have pointed out what was essentially a joke on my part that turned into this big fracas over me injecting "politics" into the thing.  It was an observation of current society that I tried to weave in here as a "nudge-nudge hahaha" thing and enhance people's understanding of the world I'm building with humor.  I would have been better off if no one had gotten the joke. 

• WBDaddy changed the title to A Lucky Penny (Chapter 10 5/29/22)