LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are diapers too comfortable????

I was watching this YouTube video. It was a potty training video, and I was reading the comment section and one of the people said, "that's the problem with diapers these days, they're too damn comfortable."

Well if you ask me, they're not comfortable enough! Hahaha! Hehehe!??????❤️??????❤️❤️❤️????

• Like 3

I was just going to ask that, how would they know what kids diapers feel like and / or if they are "comfortable".  Some of the brands I really like are very comfortable....and get better with usage ???  if ya know what I mean ?

Anyways, I don't think it's a matter of being "comfortable", but more an issue of being "convenient", its just easier to pee here than wait for that silly potty-thing...

And people have to remember, potty training is an alien concept to a kid who has spent thier entire life in diapers, relieving themselves when ever they needed to, mostly automatically. Trying to "change" that way of life is an undertaking, but needs to be done with understanding, that you as the parent us trying to change a behavior which has no other point if reference. With out that, there is little reason to change the "life long" behavior....

And yes dammit....diapers ARE comfortable!!!!!! And I like them like that!!!! its one of the reason I wear them!! ??????

• Like 2
12 hours ago, square_duck said:

I was just going to ask that, how would they know what kids diapers feel like and / or if they are "comfortable".  Some of the brands I really like are very comfortable....and get better with usage ???  if ya know what I mean ?

Anyways, I don't think it's a matter of being "comfortable", but more an issue of being "convenient", its just easier to pee here than wait for that silly potty-thing...

And people have to remember, potty training is an alien concept to a kid who has spent thier entire life in diapers, relieving themselves when ever they needed to, mostly automatically. Trying to "change" that way of life is an undertaking, but needs to be done with understanding, that you as the parent us trying to change a behavior which has no other point if reference. With out that, there is little reason to change the "life long" behavior....

And yes dammit....diapers ARE comfortable!!!!!! And I like them like that!!!! its one of the reason I wear them!! ??????

Hell yeah they're comfortable!?☺️? So comfortable there's a community around them. That guy obviously didn't know what he was talking about.?????

• Like 2

Well they are rather comfy :)

I'm sure there is some difference in training with today's pull-ups over yesteryear's training pants. Trainers would be soggy wet along with your pants, as opposed to a pull up leaving you feeling dry after going.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Well they are rather comfy :)

I'm sure there is some difference in training with today's pull-ups over yesteryear's training pants. Trainers would be soggy wet along with your pants, as opposed to a pull up leaving you feeling dry after going.

I love feeling dry after going pee-pee in a pull-up or diaper.?

• Like 1

Sometimes they are, and sometimes they aren't!  The other day I had a Betterdry diaper on and my shorts.  The diaper got a bit uncomfortable between my legs and started chaffing a bit on my inner thigh.  Also a bit thicker and bulkier than I'm used to, especially when warm out.

• Like 1

I can attest to the bulkiness of the Better Dry’s. I used to think the ConfiDry diapers were the best but do to quality issues that is no longer the case.  Better Dry’s really hold a lot and swell up like Pampers when really wet. That thick wet bulge between my legs is indescribably awesome!

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, happyindprs said:

I can attest to the bulkiness of the Better Dry’s. I used to think the ConfiDry diapers were the best but do to quality issues that is no longer the case.  Better Dry’s really hold a lot and swell up like Pampers when really wet. That thick wet bulge between my legs is indescribably awesome!

That's what I love too!?? That's always felt so good. That's how I know I'm an true baby!??

• Like 2

I'm still getting used to wearing different diaper types. but so far from the ones I worn, I found them to be all comfy for the most part. where it varies mostly comes from my cloth ones. most times they are very snug, soft and fluffily, but at times, the Velcro tabs can scratch my skin at times. lol  ( right now it's been a while sense I worn disposables, but I remember finding them to feel quite comfy ) 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Flaresnare said:

I'm still getting used to wearing different diaper types. but so far from the ones I worn, I found them to be all comfy for the most part. where it varies mostly comes from my cloth ones. at times they are very snug, soft and fluffily, but at times, the Velcro tabs can scratch my skin at times. lol  ( right now it's been a while sense I worn disposables, but I remember finding them feel quite comfy ) 

Cool!? I'm huge disposables fan too. I also find them quite comfortable. Although I've never tried cloth diapers, nothing wrong with them, just not a fan of how they look. Just my 2 cents!? I'm sure there are hardcore fans of both diaper types though, just like I am.?? Sorry keep commenting on other people's comments, but I'm just very opinionated. Always have been!?

• Like 3

I do agree on the comfort being improved from even 25 years ago but as I have also noticed that baby diaper companies have worked on the diaper design enough to focus on getting rid of the sag and bulkyness that was very common with the plastic backed baby diapers some of us have wore.

I'm going to throw this controversial thought out with this. Has the too well fiting baby diapers caused the consipation issues commonly seen in the pre potty training children these days? I don't remeber hearing or reading anyone being consipated with diapers from our youth. It just seems a diaper that cannot expand in the rear would cause issues with the child not able to empty of the bowels. And if the child is consipated then potty training would take much longer.

• Like 1
On 7/13/2021 at 2:46 AM, square_duck said:

I agree the child does not know anything but being in a diaper so comfort is what is known.  Anything else is odd feeling.

• Like 1

From a trying to potty train a kid perspective, yes they are too comfortable.  Before the pullups craze hit, it was almost unheard of to see a 4 or 5 year old still in diapers. Back then kids wore training pants & figured things out pretty quickly.  Put in & out of various forms of padding, from morning til night based on what is easy, or convenient, or comfortable to use, has set kids up for failure.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, KittyMerriweather said:

From a trying to potty train a kid perspective, yes they are too comfortable.  Before the pullups craze hit, it was almost unheard of to see a 4 or 5 year old still in diapers. Back then kids wore training pants & figured things out pretty quickly.  Put in & out of various forms of padding, from morning til night based on what is easy, or convenient, or comfortable to use, has set kids up for failure.

That's probably true although I would argue that parents these days force their kids to grow up too quickly. And they want their kids to be out of diapers as soon as possible. Which sad from the kid's perspective because I feel like they don't really get to enjoy their babyhood.?? All because parents are too damn lazy to deal with diapers and baby stuff. I think it's only getting worse in our society unfortunately. But on the bright side I think that's why we get so many ABDLs/Littles in our community, which I think is wonderful!?☺️ Especially knowing that they can always have a home here as part of our family!????

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

That's probably true although I would argue that parents these days force their kids to grow up too quickly. And they want their kids to be out of diapers as soon as possible. Which sad from the kid's perspective because I feel like they don't really get to enjoy their babyhood.?? All because parents are too damn lazy to deal with diapers and baby stuff. I think it's only getting worse in our society unfortunately. But on the bright side I think that's why we get so many ABDLs/Littles in our community, which I think is wonderful!?☺️ Especially knowing that they can always have a home here as part of our family!????

You're suppose to be out of diapers as soon as possible. You're suppose to grow up & leave babyhood. Too many people in the ABDL community are offended that their parents made them grow up. It is their job to help you grow up.  You're suppose to grow up. The whole point of life is growing & evolving into something else. We are not suppose to become stagnant blobs.  

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, KittyMerriweather said:

You're suppose to be out of diapers as soon as possible. You're suppose to grow up & leave babyhood. Too many people in the ABDL community are offended that their parents made them grow up. It is their job to help you grow up.  You're suppose to grow up. The whole point of life is growing & involving into something else. We are not suppose to become stagnant blobs.  

That's true. Then we found out how cruel and stressful life is! Which is an bunch of crap.?? and then we die. But hey, isn't life great?!??

• Like 1

I've been saying this for years!  It's not a parents job to keep their kids as babies or in diapers whether the kid wants it or not.  When the kid reaches leagle age he can decide for himself how he wants to live his life if he is self reliant.  If not and he depends upon his parents to house him, feed him and pay his bills while under their roof, he has to live by their rules whether he likes it or not.  Before people say he has a right as an adult to live his life how he pleases within the law, I agree, but his parents who own the house he is living in also have the right to say, "No diapers in this house!"  They have rights as much as their legal age kid does.  No one is saying the adult son has to give up his rights to wear diapers if he wants to.  He can wear diapers if he wants, just not while living in the home owned by his parents that he has no stake in if that's their rules!

It could well be child neglect if a parent doesn't raise their child to learn, grow, explore all avenues of education and learn to be self sufficient, get a job, buy a car, home and have a family of their own.  Maybe that's why there are so many homeless bums, deadbeats and moochers these days.  They were never taught to grow up and learn responsibilities, therefor they don't hold jobs, don't even look for work, lay around the house doing as they please while mommy and daddy just let them!  You reap what you sow.  The parents are to blame and they are not doing their kids any favors!  I personally know one of them myself.  Then when the parents die, the kid has no job or skills to support himself, what now?  Yet there are still some people including on this site who feel parents should let their 4 or 5 year old's decide for themselves if they still want to be in diapers!  Kid are not mature enough at that age, even at age 14 to make those decisions.  That's why legal age in most cases is 18 or 21.  Even then, how many 21 year old's do you see that are still way too immature?  Lots!  Why not let your 6 year old get behind the wheel of your car and drive 60 MPH down the high way?  Why not get them a gun, too, and let them go hunting or shooting?  How many kid as it is pick up their dad's gun and shoot to death a sibling because they think a gun is a toy?  Why not let your 8 year old go to the bar and drink beer or hard liquor with all the adults?  There are laws against just that because kids are not old enough to have the common sense or experience to do these things.  It takes years of teaching and learning for a child to get to the age where they can responsibly be old enough to drive, drink and shoot a gun.  That is not age 6, and therefore it's the parent's job to teach their children over many years to gradually learn how to get by in life 

I'm reminded years ago of the 7 year old girl who wanted to be the youngest person to fly a plane across the country.  She had to sit in a booster seat and her feet couldn't even reach the rudder peddles!  Very permissive hippy culture parents who let their kid do anything she wanted.  Yup!  The kid, father and moron instructor took off in the face of a heavy thunderstorm that even airline pilots said they wouldn't fly in.  All three were killed almost immediately after take off.  The instructor shouldn't even have had a license to ride a bicycle!  Even after all that, the mother had no regrets!  Read it:  TRAGIC LAST FLIGHT OF 7-YEAR-OLD PILOT - Chicago Tribune

It works both ways.  You can be too permissive or too restrictive, but whether you tell a kid he can't remain in diapers past age 3 or you tell your 7 year old it's OK to do anything you feel like, including flying a plane across country without even the most basic common sense, you have to have sensible parenting based in common sense!  What it all boils down to is at a young age, kids are not old enough to decide what's in their best interest.  That's why they have parents to raise them, hopefully the proper way.  Otherwise the kids would eat candy for every meal.

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

I've been saying this for years!  It's not a parents job to keep their kids as babies or in diapers whether the kid wants it or not.  When the kid reaches leagle age he can decide for himself how he wants to live his life if he is self reliant.  If not and he depends upon his parents to house him, feed him and pay his bills while under their roof, he has to live by their rules whether he likes it or not.  Before people say he has a right as an adult to live his life how he pleases within the law, I agree, but his parents who own the house he is living in also have the right to say, "No diapers in this house!"  They have rights as much as their legal age kid does.  No one is saying the adult son has to give up his rights to wear diapers if he wants to.  He can if he wants, just not while living in the home owned by his parents that he has no stake in if that's their rules!

It could well be child neglect if a parent doesn't raise their child to learn, grow, explore all avenues of education and learn to be self sufficient, get a job, buy a car, home and have a family of their own.  Maybe that's why there are so many homeless bums, deadbeats and moochers these days.  They were never taught to grow up and learn responsibilities, therefor they don't hold jobs, don't even look for work, lay around the house doing as they please while mommy and daddy just let them!  You reap what you sow.  The parents are to blame and they are not doing their kids any favors!  I personally know one of them myself.  Then when the parents die, the kid has no job or skills to support himself, what now?  Yet there are still some people including on this site who feel parents should let their 4 or 5 year old's decide for themselves if they still want to be in diapers!  Kid are not mature enough at that age, even at age 14 to make those decisions.  That's why legal age in most cases is 18 or 21.  Even then, how many 21 year old's do you see that are still way too immature?  Lots!  Why not let your 6 year old get behind the wheel of your car and drive 60 MPH down the high way?  Why not get them a gun, too, and let them go hunting or shooting?  How many kid as it is pick up their dad's gun and shoot to death a sibling because they think a gun is a toy?  Why not let your 8 year old go to the bar and drink beer or hard liquor with all the adults?  There are laws against just that because kids are not old enough to have the common sense or experience to do these things.  It takes years of teaching and learning for a child to get to the age where they can responsibly be old enough to drive, drink and shoot a gun.  That is not age 6, and therefore it's the parent's job to teach their children over many years to gradually learn how to get by in life 

I'm reminded years ago of the 7 year old girl who wanted to be the youngest person to fly a plane across the country.  She had to sit in a booster seat and her feet couldn't even reach the rudder peddles!  Very permissive hippy culture parents who let their kid do anything she wanted.  Yup!  The kid, father and moron instructor took off in the face of a heavy thunderstorm that even airline pilots said they wouldn't fly in.  All three were killed almost immediately after take off.  The instructor shouldn't even have had a license to ride a bicycle!  Even after all that, the mother had no regrets!  Read it:  TRAGIC LAST FLIGHT OF 7-YEAR-OLD PILOT - Chicago Tribune

It works both ways.  You can be too permissive or too restrictive, but whether you tell a kid he can't remain in diapers past age 3 or you tell your 7 year old it's OK to do anything you feel like, including flying a plane across country without even the most basic common sense, you have to have sensible parenting based in common sense!  What it all boils down to is at a young age, kids are not old enough to decide what's in their best interest.  That's why they have parents to raise them, hopefully the proper way.  Otherwise the kids would eat candy for every meal.

So basically the whole point of life is to work towards this!!!? Isn't it wonderful?!? No?!? I didn't think so!???? My point exactly.

IMG_20210715_180652.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

So basically the whole point of life is to work towards this!!!? Isn't it wonderful?!? No?!? I didn't think so!???? My point exactly.

IMG_20210715_180652.jpg

This is our choice to be happy, its all a mindset to be happy. Don't take the pills and exercise and eat better thats what has made me happier. Right now I'm in a rut of overdrinking and shitty diet and it sucks but like any rut ill get over it tougher than ever. But on the main subject I love crinklz and rearz for comfort but I don't think babies care about comfort. They are proud to pee pee in toilet and poop in the toilet

• Like 1

Diapers can NEVER be too comfortable. The main reason for potty training is for the convenience of the PARENTS (and teachers, once a child reaches school age). That's why so many of us get back into diapers as soon as we can make that choice.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BabyJune said:

Diapers can NEVER be too comfortable. The main reason for potty training is for the convenience of the PARENTS (and teachers, once a child reaches school age). That's why so many of us get back into diapers as soon as we can make that choice.

I know right! That's what I'm saying!??????

• Like 1
On 7/14/2021 at 6:19 AM, MegaChar said:

I do agree on the comfort being improved from even 25 years ago but as I have also noticed that baby diaper companies have worked on the diaper design enough to focus on getting rid of the sag and bulkyness that was very common with the plastic backed baby diapers some of us have wore.

I'm going to throw this controversial thought out with this. Has the too well fiting baby diapers caused the consipation issues commonly seen in the pre potty training children these days? I don't remeber hearing or reading anyone being consipated with diapers from our youth. It just seems a diaper that cannot expand in the rear would cause issues with the child not able to empty of the bowels. And if the child is consipated then potty training would take much longer.

I do a lot of babysitting and can honestly say I have never seen a child unable to poop due to the fit of the diaper. If it's too tight to poop, it's time to move up to the next size. Even the slim fitting diapers still have that "pouch" (for lack of a better term) to contain bowel movement and have at least some degree of stretch. A normal, soft BM will still find room to come out. Constipation in toddlers really isnt a new phenomenon. Pre-potty training, constipation is most often caused by diet - toddlers are notoriously picky eaters (not all, but many; it's a normal phase in childhood development which may have been beneficial in early humans, as it would have prevented curious youngsters from putting potentially poisonous fruits, seeds, etc in their mouths) and if you think about the typical preferred toddler foods (dairy and processed foods), they aren't exactly packed with fiber. And, as with adults, it can of course also be caused by dehydration and lack of physical activity. 

Constipation during toilet training is also likely to be caused, in addition to the above, by withholding. Some kids are scared of pooping on the toilet (there's some theory about kids seeing their poop as an extension of their body and seeing it drop and get flushed is, apparently, a traumatic experience), some may not like the splash that follows when it hits the water, be scared of the flush, etc so instead of pooping on the toilet they hold it in. If that goes on long enough...boom, constipation. Or the child gets constipated once due to dehydration, passes a painful BM, and starts withholding due to fear of having another painful BM. Or they're uncomfortable using the toilet in an unfamiliar place (such as on vacation) and withhold.  Sometimes they withhold simply as a way to assert control, when so many other aspects of their lives are out of their control. 

As far as today's diapers impeding toilet training, I think the issue is the absorption. They quickly soak up the urine and don't really feel wet, so babies don't learn to associate the feeling of voiding urine with being wet. Pull ups work the same way. If Pull Ups actually worked for toilet training they'd go out of business because kids would be out of them in a week instead of wearing them for months (or years) on end. This is why many experts now recommend going straight to underpants or at least cloth trainers. The children feel wet immediately upon voiding urine and their brains start connecting the feeling of urinating with being wet. From there they begin to recognize the feeling of a full bladder, and can associate it with urinating, and learn how to control it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Little Lindsey said:

I do a lot of babysitting and can honestly say I have never seen a child unable to poop due to the fit of the diaper. If it's too tight to poop, it's time to move up to the next size. Even the slim fitting diapers still have that "pouch" (for lack of a better term) to contain bowel movement and have at least some degree of stretch. A normal, soft BM will still find room to come out. Constipation in toddlers really isnt a new phenomenon. Pre-potty training, constipation is most often caused by diet - toddlers are notoriously picky eaters (not all, but many; it's a normal phase in childhood development which may have been beneficial in early humans, as it would have prevented curious youngsters from putting potentially poisonous fruits, seeds, etc in their mouths) and if you think about the typical preferred toddler foods (dairy and processed foods), they aren't exactly packed with fiber. And, as with adults, it can of course also be caused by dehydration and lack of physical activity. 

Constipation during toilet training is also likely to be caused, in addition to the above, by withholding. Some kids are scared of pooping on the toilet (there's some theory about kids seeing their poop as an extension of their body and seeing it drop and get flushed is, apparently, a traumatic experience), some may not like the splash that follows when it hits the water, be scared of the flush, etc so instead of pooping on the toilet they hold it in. If that goes on long enough...boom, constipation. Or the child gets constipated once due to dehydration, passes a painful BM, and starts withholding due to fear of having another painful BM. Or they're uncomfortable using the toilet in an unfamiliar place (such as on vacation) and withhold.  Sometimes they withhold simply as a way to assert control, when so many other aspects of their lives are out of their control. 

As far as today's diapers impeding toilet training, I think the issue is the absorption. They quickly soak up the urine and don't really feel wet, so babies don't learn to associate the feeling of voiding urine with being wet. Pull ups work the same way. If Pull Ups actually worked for toilet training they'd go out of business because kids would be out of them in a week instead of wearing them for months (or years) on end. This is why many experts now recommend going straight to underpants or at least cloth trainers. The children feel wet immediately upon voiding urine and their brains start connecting the feeling of urinating with being wet. From there they begin to recognize the feeling of a full bladder, and can associate it with urinating, and learn how to control it.

What a very well thought out explanation! I really like your answer.?☺️ Although I do think that baby diapers these days would need to be really absorbent for the babies. If they're potty training like you said, they can just move up to big boy underwear sooner rather than later. So it's a win win for everyone.? Well, not the toddlers that love their diapers, hehehe,??? but you get the point.

• Like 2