LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Caan't sleep

On 6/26/2021 at 10:57 AM, BabySpiderBoy said:

That sucks.?? It could be that you're not using enough energy to make your body tired during the day, hints why you can't fall asleep.?

It's not your bodys "energy", it's more getting your brain to shut up and shut down!! Been there done that, which is why I started meditating before bed. You just sit there, and focus on one (1) thing ( pretty hard to do actually) and if / when you accomplish that, follow what ever intentions you set....say thank you to whom ever assisted you ( guides or guardian angels) and stop. Blow out your candles and hit the sack, you sleep like a rock because of the work and effort you have done with your mind. It takes a LOT of energy and FOCUS to do this, and it is mentally tiring. Guided meditations work great also, you can find them on-line or on youtube. 

I do the melatonin thing on occasion, (10 mg) and it helps, but I dont like drugs, even though it's "natural" but if I havn't meditated, and worried about sleep, I'll pop one, and they are good for getting you relaxed, and down into deeper REM s!eep, where you really need to go for a good nights rest.

The trouble though, is just getting your brain to shut up and shut down, so you can get to sleep, instead of laying there..... "Thinking"...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, square_duck said:

It's not your bodys "energy", it's more getting your brain to shut up and shut down!! Been there done that, which is why I started meditating before bed. You just sit there, and focus on one (1) thing ( pretty hard to do actually) and if / when you accomplish that, follow what ever intentions you set....say thank you to whom ever assisted you ( guides or guardian angels) and stop. Blow out your candles and hit the sack, you sleep like a rock because of the work and effort you have done with your mind. It takes a LOT of energy and FOCUS to do tjus, and it us menally tiring. Guided meditations work great also, you can find them on-line or on youtube. 

I do the melatonin thing on occasion, (10 mg) and it helps, but I dont like drugs, even though it's "natural" but if I havn't meditated, and worried about sleep, I'll pop one, and they are goid for getting you relaxed, and down into deeper REM s!eep, where you really need to go for a good nights rest.

The trouble though, is just getting your brain to shut up band shut down, so you can get to sleep, instead of laying there..... "Thinking"...

I had Headspace for a year.  It helped.  There is a Headspace show on Netflix, which really helped. Some Amazon shows are good. Youtube shows too about nothing.

Also, breathing helps a lot too.  Take deep breaths and hold for a second or two and try to slow down breathing.  There have been articles about breath techniques to get you to sleep.  I also count 1 breath deep, 2 breath out. 3 breath deep, 4 out.  At 10 start over.  My cd has you count down from 1,000.  Just even starting at 20.  I used to think about going from lighted area to dark and imagine my eyes closing such as going down 10 stairs to the basement and leaving any thoughts upstairs.

I often sleep in my chair in the living room as I give up trying to sleep in bed, even though I have a laptop there and put on something to watch/hear.

Living room just has better TV and sound, and AC.

Might also be that its too quiet in the bedroom, even with the sound from laptop.

I don't have this problem when I'm at the holiday cabin.
Probably cause the bedroom is the only option, and there is nothing in the living room.

4 hours ago, Dubious said:

I often sleep in my chair in the living room as I give up trying to sleep in bed, even though I have a laptop there and put on something to watch/hear.

Living room just has better TV and sound, and AC.

Might also be that its too quiet in the bedroom, even with the sound from laptop.

I don't have this problem when I'm at the holiday cabin.
Probably cause the bedroom is the only option, and there is nothing in the living room.

@Dubious

I have 2 options for sleep.  If I have a situation where I would hurt really badly, or I am in pain, especially BACK pain, or bad headaches, I would use my bed all the time this happens.  During the SUMMER (A/C Season) when its hot in here, I have better luck with my head raised up in bed, or in my recliner, because my AC keeps the room cool.  I often will sleep in the recliner, as it is in close proximity to the Chair's Battery Charger.  Winter, and I would be using my bed, as it is colder by the windows ;)

I also run my TV most nights, either on Youtube or will watch a movie.  It is hard to sleep some nights, and sometimes when I am spastic, and it is bad, I LOCK up so badly that I almost am in fetal position.  Then, I have to SLOWLY let my legs out and PUSH down, hoping that I don't hurt because I am stiff.  There have been nights where I try really hard, and I can't get UP without a LOT of pain, and I am glad for the fact that I have diapers, because when I can't or don't want to move, I can release and NOT worry, and then TRY to get the pain under control and sleep.

19 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Had the opposite problem last night. Had a bad migraine and the meds I take for that knock me out, so I slept from 6pm to 10am

@DailyDi

I've only had ONE migraine headache in my life, and it almost took me OUT:  I was walking around and all the sudden felt woosey, weak and queasy.  I almost fell on the ground.  Someone took me to the hospital where I called the doctor, told them what was UP, and they called the ER, and had me checked, as well as having a spinal tap to find out if my spinal fluid was off.  I was asked what I had done recently to have a change happen like this, and I found that he believed that because my doctor was asking me to give up soda, I was caffine deficient, and that was causing my migraine.  In one of the STRANGEST Moves that day, the ER doc says: "I think I know whats wrong.......Go to Walmart, get a 6 pack of soda, come back to ER - Have him DRINK 3 of them before he leaves and I will check to see if he feels better."

Basically, the migraine was cured, because I drank coke, and it put the caffine back that I stopped because it wasn't good for me.  I also Hurt like Hell, and could NOT even Move the next morning, because having them do a Tap messed up things, and I had to wait unti my spinal fluid came back to what it was before they did it.

The meds I take at NIGHT are: Gabapentin, (nerve pain med) Hydroxyzine, (Itching and to relax, so I can sleep) and baclophen (Muscle relaxer).  These help me to sleep well, and there are times I feel really good, because if I am relaxed, and NOT stressed, I sleep like a baby ;)   I also use Tylenol for headaches and pain as needed. 

Glad you were able to get some sleep last night ;)

Brian

33 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Dubious

I have 2 options for sleep.  If I have a situation where I would hurt really badly, or I am in pain, especially BACK pain, or bad headaches, I would use my bed all the time this happens.  During the SUMMER (A/C Season) when its hot in here, I have better luck with my head raised up in bed, or in my recliner, because my AC keeps the room cool.  I often will sleep in the recliner, as it is in close proximity to the Chair's Battery Charger.  Winter, and I would be using my bed, as it is colder by the windows ;)

I also run my TV most nights, either on Youtube or will watch a movie.  It is hard to sleep some nights, and sometimes when I am spastic, and it is bad, I LOCK up so badly that I almost am in fetal position.  Then, I have to SLOWLY let my legs out and PUSH down, hoping that I don't hurt because I am stiff.  There have been nights where I try really hard, and I can't get UP without a LOT of pain, and I am glad for the fact that I have diapers, because when I can't or don't want to move, I can release and NOT worry, and then TRY to get the pain under control and sleep.

@DailyDi

I've only had ONE migraine headache in my life, and it almost took me OUT:  I was walking around and all the sudden felt woosey, weak and queasy.  I almost fell on the ground.  Someone took me to the hospital where I called the doctor, told them what was UP, and they called the ER, and had me checked, as well as having a spinal tap to find out if my spinal fluid was off.  I was asked what I had done recently to have a change happen like this, and I found that he believed that because my doctor was asking me to give up soda, I was caffine deficient, and that was causing my migraine.  In one of the STRANGEST Moves that day, the ER doc says: "I think I know whats wrong.......Go to Walmart, get a 6 pack of soda, come back to ER - Have him DRINK 3 of them before he leaves and I will check to see if he feels better."

Basically, the migraine was cured, because I drank coke, and it put the caffine back that I stopped because it wasn't good for me.  I also Hurt like Hell, and could NOT even Move the next morning, because having them do a Tap messed up things, and I had to wait unti my spinal fluid came back to what it was before they did it.

The meds I take at NIGHT are: Gabapentin, (nerve pain med) Hydroxyzine, (Itching and to relax, so I can sleep) and baclophen (Muscle relaxer).  These help me to sleep well, and there are times I feel really good, because if I am relaxed, and NOT stressed, I sleep like a baby ;)   I also use Tylenol for headaches and pain as needed. 

Glad you were able to get some sleep last night ;)

Brian

That's interesting. There is caffeine in the migraine medicine I take, always wondered why!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, square_duck said:

It's not your bodys "energy", it's more getting your brain to shut up and shut down!! Been there done that, which is why I started meditating before bed. You just sit there, and focus on one (1) thing ( pretty hard to do actually) and if / when you accomplish that, follow what ever intentions you set....say thank you to whom ever assisted you ( guides or guardian angels) and stop. Blow out your candles and hit the sack, you sleep like a rock because of the work and effort you have done with your mind. It takes a LOT of energy and FOCUS to do tjus, and it us menally tiring. Guided meditations work great also, you can find them on-line or on youtube. 

I do the melatonin thing on occasion, (10 mg) and it helps, but I dont like drugs, even though it's "natural" but if I havn't meditated, and worried about sleep, I'll pop one, and they are goid for getting you relaxed, and down into deeper REM s!eep, where you really need to go for a good nights rest.

The trouble though, is just getting your brain to shut up band shut down, so you can get to sleep, instead of laying there..... "Thinking"...

That's great! I'm an meditation pro too! I've been meditating since I was 16. It's very calming, I like to do Vipassanā meditation. It's helped me out quite a bit over the years.?☺️???? It gave me the insight I needed to be successful in life and I'm very thankful!??

• Like 1

I have also heard that quitting caffeine will cause severe headaches.  I have basically quit caffeinated drinks because it's just not good for my heart and yes, it doesn't help me with sleeping although without it I don't really notice a difference in my sleeping.  I still drink diet soda (I know, not good for me) but I get the caffeine free soda.  I think like anything you are used to eating or drinking, you have to taper off gradually and give your body a chance to get used to the changes and acclimate itself to them.

A lot of my issues as of late have been with the temperature during the day. When the heat wave hit our part of the country, it was rough trying to sleep during the day, especially when I’ve gotten used to weighted blankets. Lately, it’s been a lot easier due to it being cooler during the day. 

• Like 1