LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why I don't post much anymore

I've been a member here for probably a decade or more. What I have realized is that not much new is happening in the diaper world. There is an amazing number of new diapers available, and that is great. But other than that, there is little change to talk about. How many times can I be interested in - "I got caught", "Partner issues", "First time wearing", "How do I properly tape up?", " How do I fit into a baby diaper", and so on. I find myself growing tired of repetitive topics, not just on this site, but Reddit and ADISC. Mind you, I have been 24/7 in diapers for around 15 years, by a sphincterotomy. Maybe I am jaded. Maybe diapers are losing their appeal. I think I realized that diapers are no longer something I need to research because I understand them more than 99.9999% of the population. Do any other members feel the same? 

• Like 1

I 100% feel the same. 

I've been lucky and have been wearing all my life for need and pleasure. I have a wife I've been with over 20 years who participates in my sexual and caring needs. 

I read questions now and just think meh I've answered this a gazillion times previously 

• Like 1

I mean... that's fine. You are allowed to change (literally and figuratively!) If you've been around a long time then it's more likely you've seen most topics. Some might like sitting in the chat room or just hanging around the community but if you don't feel you need to there is, of course, no obligation :)

I personally most enjoy a part of the community that is often changing: The stories! A lot of very talented people are writing ABDL stories and I'm often surprised with how original authors here can be when there are so many stories out there already!

7 hours ago, XyXy said:

Do any other members feel the same? 

Yes, to a large degree.  So I don't post as much as I used to, but I'm still pretty active.  As well as having heard most of it before, I'm no longer in the process of moving to full-time nappy wearing, so I've got less to discuss.  Things are pretty stable for me now, unlike the 3 or 4 years I took to move from occasional to full-time wearing.

I'm still happy to help others on here, and there are some people who have gone along a similar road to me, and we can still share experiences usefully.  And I feel very much at home here.  But I don't feel the need to go over the same ground over and over.

...and I think this is my 1000th post...

I read and comment cause I'm bored, but sometimes it can be days between commenting, or even reading the board. 

Its mostly repeat, and often the same stuff every week.

@XyXy

I can also go days or weeks between posts.  During the Summer of 2019, I would post here and there, and chat.  I would help as many people as I could, and have FUN on the chat system.  When the pandemic "Hit" and everything shutdown, the only communications I would receive would be phone calls, Emails. or Zoom calls.  My schedule "flipped" so I would get UP at 16:00, and go to bed at 0500 my time.  I also was here, and I am glad I was, because of all the stupid news channels, NOTHING anyone says is believable, so I shut down all the yack, and began to spend a LOT of time here on DD - helping people and being a shoulder to lean on, or just to be that friend or resource:  Since I was here and in chat, my postings increased. 

I can understand that some people may not post as much as others.  You may not have information to help others, the topic may not be one that you follow, or you don't have anything you want to say:  This is OK, because No one can know everything, and well, you may not want to post.  Everyone has their reasons for being here, and some people may not post at all, or very little:  They may be chatters instead of posters.

It all depends on what kind of topic it is, and whether you think you can add information to a discussion.  Sometimes, I post, some times I LIKE a post and add comments, and sometimes I LIKE it, and don't comment.  It depends on the topic of the discussion, and whether I think that I should post.

Brian

Like anything, and everything else, you can overload on something. A bit of backing off, may be in order. Get interested in some other activities for now. 
You couldn’t want to eat the same things all the time. 
But, I too have similar feelings. Sometimes, I think there’s nothing new in diapers. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, XyXy said:

I've been a member here for probably a decade or more. What I have realized is that not much new is happening in the diaper world. There is an amazing number of new diapers available, and that is great. But other than that, there is little change to talk about. How many times can I be interested in - "I got caught", "Partner issues", "First time wearing", "How do I properly tape up?", " How do I fit into a baby diaper", and so on. I find myself growing tired of repetitive topics, not just on this site, but Reddit and ADISC. Mind you, I have been 24/7 in diapers for around 15 years, by a sphincterotomy. Maybe I am jaded. Maybe diapers are losing their appeal. I think I realized that diapers are no longer something I need to research because I understand them more than 99.9999% of the population. Do any other members feel the same? 

Question:  How do you still feel about wearing diapers 24/7/365?  Was your sphincterotomy for a necessary medical issue or problem you were having when you were 20, or was it by choice because you wanted to make yourself incontinent?  I don't mean to pry, but I do read of people with those desires in the Incontinence forums.  Maybe you are in a funk overall from all that has been going on the past year.  Maybe as you get older and a little more mature over time the original excitement or hormones have cooled off a bit.  Could it be the wear and tear of being in diapers 24/7/365 for 15 years has started to take a toll?  What once was exciting and new has now turned more into a repetitive daily chore over and over.  The luster has gone.  Maybe it's just that, as you said, the topics are the same ones over and over and there isn't a lot that hasn't been asked or covered anymore.  People do fall into a daily routine and they get in a rut.  Sometimes it takes a totally new and different approach to get the excitement back that has been lost.  Just like a couch potato can get a new lease on their life by starting a new hobby or doing things again with old or new friends or recapturing fun things they used to do when they were 20 years younger.  I'm not sure how that may apply with a diaper lifestyle, but sometimes people just need a push to renew an old forgotten interest or favorite pastime.  Get out of the rut they are in.

• Like 2

It's true that we are "narrow-casting" and there IS a repetitious quality to many of the questions that arise: maybe we should write an FAQ but there's more to it than simply flat-batting answers to repeated questions.

The thing that's going to be unique is your experience and clearly you have a LOT of it.  There'd be a lot of people curious to hear your story.  So much fantasy gets posted that a REAL true story is a rare jewel.  @rusty pins nailed it with his question back at you.  That's information that's real, particular to you, and may be of great interest to others to learn from.

Of course, there's a whole bunch of my opinions in that response right there ?   Your experience is your intellectual property and it's totally up to you if and how you wanted to share it.

• Like 3
On 6/23/2021 at 1:34 PM, rusty pins said:

Question:  How do you still feel about wearing diapers 24/7/365?  Was your sphincterotomy for a necessary medical issue or problem you were having when you were 20, or was it by choice because you wanted to make yourself incontinent?  I don't mean to pry, but I do read of people with those desires in the Incontinence forums.  Maybe you are in a funk overall from all that has been going on the past year.  Maybe as you get older and a little more mature over time the original excitement or hormones have cooled off a bit.  Could it be the wear and tear of being in diapers 24/7/365 for 15 years has started to take a toll?  What once was exciting and new has now turned more into a repetitive daily chore over and over.  The luster has gone.  Maybe it's just that, as you said, the topics are the same ones over and over and there isn't a lot that hasn't been asked or covered anymore.  People do fall into a daily routine and they get in a rut.  Sometimes it takes a totally new and different approach to get the excitement back that has been lost.  Just like a couch potato can get a new lease on their life by starting a new hobby or doing things again with old or new friends or recapturing fun things they used to do when they were 20 years younger.  I'm not sure how that may apply with a diaper lifestyle, but sometimes people just need a push to renew an old forgotten interest or favorite pastime.  Get out of the rut they are in.

It was medically necessary due to a nerve injury that caused my sphincter to not open. I have been a DL since before I can remember. Today, I feel less enjoyment wearing diapers. Kind of like wearing sunglasses. I still get aroused once or twice a day, but nothing like before. I'm also pretty depressed about the state of the world. This more than anything is probably driving my thoughts. 

9 hours ago, XyXy said:

It was medically necessary due to a nerve injury that caused my sphincter to not open. I have been a DL since before I can remember. Today, I feel less enjoyment wearing diapers. Kind of like wearing sunglasses. I still get aroused once or twice a day, but nothing like before. I'm also pretty depressed about the state of the world. This more than anything is probably driving my thoughts. 

I can understand it!  It's been a rough year for almost everyone with the pandemic.  Then you had all the election crap going on and the politics and fighting.  This helps me when I'm down.  I try not to read the negative news stories on line or in the paper.  I have a coworker who's always looking for the bad things that happen daily in the news and bringing down the entire office by commenting on them.  I avoid them and choose to read pleasant things instead, such as looking up on line a favorite place to go on vacation.  Disney World, Cape Cod, the beach or anywhere!  I also realize this country has held together for almost 250 years through good times and bad times.  There really isn't anything we can do about the political fighting whether our party is in control or the opposing party.  Things are going to happen no matter what, we just have to endure and not dwell on the bad things and instead approach each day looking to find a way to make it work for us.  Focus on what is good in our lives. 

I well understand that as we age, we will lose some of the fun and excitement we used to have over wearing diapers, especially those who have been wearing 24/7 for many years.  Each person is different and some really embrace it all their lives.  Even people who have been DL's can be affected differently.  Many of those who chose to make themselves incontinent still fully enjoy it every day of their lives even 25 years later.  Some have found over the years that the luster of wearing 24/7 has worn off.  The same can happen with people who became incontinent not by their own choice.  Bottom line is you don't have to love being in diapers 24/7/365 each day of your life.  There can well be days when you hate it, tolerate it or really love being in your diapers.  Even pro golfers or athletes have days where the though of golfing or participating in their chosen sport gets them down.  No one expects someone who does the same thing day after day to always enjoy it!  There are times I really look forwards to going in to work, and other days I wake up and say, "Crap!  I really don't feel like working today".  There is nothing wrong with that at all.

• Like 1
On 6/24/2021 at 8:23 PM, XyXy said:

One of the symptoms of depression is loss of enjoyment in things you'd normally enjoy. It sounds like that might be affecting your feelings about diapers.

• Like 1

i have been in the community since 1991, fairly prominent since 2005, and 247 for the last three years .. and absolutely.. but i think it might not be the community, or the lifestyle but the medium .. there is only so much you can express over the internet. i have been trying to get back in the IRL world