LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How to let go in a diaper

@Ineedadiaperchange

Hello there :)  Welcome to Daily Diapers!

Best advice that I could give you would be, when you feel the need to pee, just RELAX the bladder and let go - You are NOT gonna just Go when you put on the diaper, but you will have to get used to wearing diapers for a while, and as you continue to wear them, you will get used to it, and as that happens, you will be able to "retrain" your bladder to release when you feel it.

Remember, this does NOT happen overnight, and I would probably suggest that you start with wetting diapers first, and see if you can handle it, THEN after a while, and when you are used to having and using diapers, then you could TRY to poop them - Some people LOVE to do that, some don't, so you will have to try it out and see what happens - That way you will know if you can deal with messy diapers. - Not everyone does, so as I said try it out and see what you think.

I wear 24/7, so I release when I feel the need.  I went 24/7 in 2020, and am incontinent, so I am used to using diapers:  I stated wearing when I was having problems with incontinence, accidents, and IBS/Diverticulitis - Best decision I made.  Because of my CP and my mobility, I want to be safe when moving around, and I was spending the wee hours of the morning on the potty, and not getting much sleep - So, I decided it was best to use diapers, because then, I don't have to be getting up and using the potty all night!

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 2

Put one on then go to somewhere in your home that you will not care about if you should leak.

My first time I found out I was afraid of leaking, standing in the bath tub didn't work but going to my basement did.

I think in my mind that I knew if I leaked it wouldn't ruin anything, thing was it worked for me maybe it will work for you also.

Hello and welcome. If you’ve already been wearing, you may already know the to-dos and don’t-dos. I’m still working on that part myself as I’m fairly new to wearing. As for actually using them, it may take a little bit before you get much of anything to happen. The most simplest answer/advice I can give is that when you feel the need to use it...just use it. Don’t think about the where or how or anything. Just do. That being said, as others have pointed out, you’ll want to make sure you can get as comfortable as you can.

When I very first wore, I had no issues getting anything to happen, as I was already a seasoned potty pants. I was mainly worried about leaking because I was lying on my bed and knew that I didn’t have it strapped on correctly. I did leak. It soaked the bed. My second attempt later that day had roughly the same outcome. Most people would get bladder shy just thinking about a single drop escaping the padding and getting on their pants and yet there I was just absolutely soaking mine (I had underwear on too over the diaper).

There are a few ways you could convince your body to go through with the act. Clear your mind and focus on other things. When the urge gets stronger, try to relax and let it happen. You may even can push and help it a little, but you risk bringing your attention back to the fact your about to go in your pants and you’ll have to wait more. Sometimes it helps to focus only on that too. Sometimes if I’m having trouble convincing my body to pee my pants, I focus on the fact that I have to pee and I want it to happen in my pants. I have much less trouble convincing a turd out. In fact, if I have trouble messing myself, it’s because it was going to be difficult to begin with.

Another thing you could try is to hold until you can’t hold no more. As your desperation increases, try to go ahead and release while the urge is there. If that isn’t going to work, keep holding. Eventually, your body is going to give up the battle and you’re gonna let it all out. If you’re looking to wet, you can try various stuff that increases your desperation. I like to drink water and stand as still as possible. Some people use the sounds of running water. Try whatever works best for you. If you’re looking to mess, take a laxative.

As implied, your setting could also influence how well you can go in your diaper. Some people can go whenever and wherever they are easily with having never done so before. Some people need to trick their bodies even after a month or more of experience. If you find yourself being in that situation, you can try sitting on the toilet with your diaper on.

To summarize:

How to use the diaper:

When you feel the urge to go, just go.

How to make yourself need to use the diaper:

Make yourself desperate and hold on until you actually have an accident.

If you're having trouble letting go, try sitting on the toilet (or standing in front of it, whichever is normal for you) diapered when you have to go. Since it's the "normal" place to go, it might be easier. Once you get used to doing it there, try letting go in other locations. If you can pee your diaper standing up in the bathroom, try peeing standing up in other rooms. When that becomes second nature move on to peeing while sitting or lying down.

• Like 3
On 5/18/2021 at 4:48 PM, Ineedadiaperchange said:

New to diapers haven’t used one yet and I want to any advice 

Hey, hey!  No rush or forcing things.  Just wear the diapers and enjoy and when you are relaxed and ready it will happen.

It takes a long time to undo habits you have been using your whole life.

• Like 2

Early on when I started to wear diapers on occasion, If I wanted to help things along, I would get well padded and protected with something extra like waterproof panties, and then take in an afternoon movie.  I would always hydrate with several bottles of water prior to going to the movie, and of course, once there, get a large cola and popcorn, and settle in for the show.  I would force myself to not get up till it was over, and in every case I would be wet or soaked by that point, and in  a few cases, messy as well.  If I had messed myself, I would be the last one to leave, avoiding the crowds leaving the theater.   Unfortunately the movie theaters have been mostly closed the last year or so, but expect that they will soon return and you can try this if looking for an interesting afternoon in a diaper!

• Like 2

Its not complicated at all on how to do it. Not rocket science.

You know how to relieve yourself on the toliet right? Well, then its that easy. Do what you do to relieve yourself normally but do it after putting on that absorbent "underwear".  First times gunna be hard because you were taught at potty training to not soil your diapers or training pants. Gets easy over time and wont be embarrassing once you get old and have to wear all the time again.

• Like 2

Or you could always hold it until you REALLY have to go and get into the habit of doing it and go potty in your pants and sit in it for at least 15 minutes like a true toddler. I like to call it reverse potty training.☺️❤️😏🤭😜😉🤫🤪

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wether you wear for need or fun finding a diaper you can trust is key I wear betterdry or Megamax’s diapers 24/7 as I can trust them to do their job to manage my iC issues, if you are worried about leaks or peeing in public it makes it harder to use your diaper. You spent almost your entire life conditioning your self to make it to the bathroom every time so it will take time to get use to peeing in a diaper but over time you will become relaxed and it will become second nature.   

Even with an underlying IC issue it took me a while to get use to simply using my diaper instead of rushing to the bathroom on the chance I would make it now what ever remaining control I had is long gone.  

As long as it something you want and you find a diaper you can trust it wont be long before you can use your diaper any time any place and eventually you will start to pee with out warning jusr be sure thats what you really want as diaper dependancy is not something you can simply switch off and on simply after you reach a point intime.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

I had this same issue when I first started wearing diapers and I did just like some of the other comments have said I would hold it till I couldn’t hold it anymore and I would also go into the bathroom and stand by or sit on the toilet or stand in the shower and that is how I eventually got myself trained on how to use a diaper at least for peeing I still haven’t trained myself for going poop in my diaper yet and I’m not sure I want to right now 

• Like 2