LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hiding your diaper in public?

Megamax is a nice diaper, but too expensive in Europe to use every day

10 Megamax cost about the same as 21 Tena Ultima
They both last me a full day, Ultima with a booster, but still cheaper.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:32 AM, as_a_fox said:

Alright, now I got some good advice, thanks guys!

I really really want to try going 24/7 the instant I move out, well.. the instant I start making an income where I can afford it.

Wish me luck out of this shit hole I live in right now!

Good shit mate, I like your attitude!

I hate when people "feel bad for me" for anything, plus I'm only 18 so people my age, being so open for questioning will be all over my case I'm assuming... Or not who knows, I just don't like having people pity me I guess.

On 5/15/2021 at 7:54 PM, as_a_fox said:

I can hardly notice, not counting the first picture ;)

Very discreet.

Larger pants sizes are good. I think the rule of thumb is generally two sizes up.

Onesies cover the top edge of your diaper. Heavily wet and messy diapers will also sag and become more visible under some clothes; onesies prevent that from happening.

Waterproof pants are good. If you are going to wear disposables, I suggest lined waterproof pants; they actually catch leaks, whereas unlined waterproof pants over disposables run the risk of simply pooling. Lined waterproof pants also slow down the percolation of smell-bearing volatiles; they won't completely prevent pee smell, but they will control it.

I also agree with the general consensus that plastic-backed diapers provide much better odour control than cloth-backed diapers. Cloth-backed diapers can't even reliably control fluids; when you can press on the front and have a droplet come directly through the cover, that should not be a thing that happens.

I'm not a huge fan of tight pants or underwear; concealing the diaper by compressing it doesn't consistently work, but it does consistently reduce the functionality of the diaper.

Oddly enough, I'm also not a huge fan of loose pants. The reason is that many varieties of very loose pants which can be bought off store shelves are relatively light and flexible fabric, which is prone to blow or fall over your diaper and outline it anyway. Loose baggy jeans are generally fine, but everything else is case-by-case.

I think I'm probably in a small minority of all AB/DL people saying this, but it's worth considering wearing bib-and-brace overalls. It's not because they're cute, although I do think they are cute; however, part of the reason I'm suggesting them is because you can conceal them with a pullover and make them look like somewhat baggy ordinary jeans or slacks. The reason I'm suggesting them, though, is that you have pretty extensive control of how they shape around your legs and butt, to an extent that you don't necessarily have with ordinary jeans. You can also use them to effectively support diapers which might not easily fit under a onesie in your size.

The one piece of general advice I can give is that if you were to seek to hide your diapers, i.e. actually prevent their existence and your wearing them from being known about by anyone you don't explicitly disclose it to — that is probably not sustainable. 24/7 provides enough opportunities for someone to notice your diapers that eventually they will, regardless of what you do. While it's vitally important not to be obtrusive or exhibitionistic about them, it's equally important to get to a point where, if you realise someone has noticed them, it impairs your peace of mind not at all.

• Like 3

@as_a_fox

What I do, is use Garywear Incontinence briefs OVER my Northshore Megamax diaper, and for extra security, I use a pair of jeans that are larger, so that I can hide all of that.  When walking, I use a BELT, because my pants seem to fall down.

Because I use a wheelchair, and I sit down, no one sees my diaper, but if I were to pee/poop, I have had a situation where I have wet, and it leaked, or when pooping, was worried someone would smell it, but with good odor control and a plastic backed diaper, you can usually avoid problems if you have the RIGHT diaper, and the right protection.

Brian

14 hours ago, Kaliborio said:

Larger pants sizes are good. I think the rule of thumb is generally two sizes up.

Onesies cover the top edge of your diaper. Heavily wet and messy diapers will also sag and become more visible under some clothes; onesies prevent that from happening.

Waterproof pants are good. If you are going to wear disposables, I suggest lined waterproof pants; they actually catch leaks, whereas unlined waterproof pants over disposables run the risk of simply pooling. Lined waterproof pants also slow down the percolation of smell-bearing volatiles; they won't completely prevent pee smell, but they will control it.

I also agree with the general consensus that plastic-backed diapers provide much better odour control than cloth-backed diapers. Cloth-backed diapers can't even reliably control fluids; when you can press on the front and have a droplet come directly through the cover, that should not be a thing that happens.

I'm not a huge fan of tight pants or underwear; concealing the diaper by compressing it doesn't consistently work, but it does consistently reduce the functionality of the diaper.

Oddly enough, I'm also not a huge fan of loose pants. The reason is that many varieties of very loose pants which can be bought off store shelves are relatively light and flexible fabric, which is prone to blow or fall over your diaper and outline it anyway. Loose baggy jeans are generally fine, but everything else is case-by-case.

I think I'm probably in a small minority of all AB/DL people saying this, but it's worth considering wearing bib-and-brace overalls. It's not because they're cute, although I do think they are cute; however, part of the reason I'm suggesting them is because you can conceal them with a pullover and make them look like somewhat baggy ordinary jeans or slacks. The reason I'm suggesting them, though, is that you have pretty extensive control of how they shape around your legs and butt, to an extent that you don't necessarily have with ordinary jeans. You can also use them to effectively support diapers which might not easily fit under a onesie in your size.

The one piece of general advice I can give is that if you were to seek to hide your diapers, i.e. actually prevent their existence and your wearing them from being known about by anyone you don't explicitly disclose it to — that is probably not sustainable. 24/7 provides enough opportunities for someone to notice your diapers that eventually they will, regardless of what you do. While it's vitally important not to be obtrusive or exhibitionistic about them, it's equally important to get to a point where, if you realise someone has noticed them, it impairs your peace of mind not at all.

This is excellent advice, thank you so much!

I've kind of already gotten the feeling that if I went 24/7 then people in close proximity to me (I.E coworkers and people in public with a keen eye for pampered bottoms like, I'm assuming everybody else on this website is like... I hope) so I will try to get over that anxiety when I have to face it.

7 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@as_a_fox

What I do, is use Garywear Incontinence briefs OVER my Northshore Megamax diaper, and for extra security, I use a pair of jeans that are larger, so that I can hide all of that.  When walking, I use a BELT, because my pants seem to fall down.

Because I use a wheelchair, and I sit down, no one sees my diaper, but if I were to pee/poop, I have had a situation where I have wet, and it leaked, or when pooping, was worried someone would smell it, but with good odor control and a plastic backed diaper, you can usually avoid problems if you have the RIGHT diaper, and the right protection.

Brian

I also don't want to ignore your advice, thanks dude, I'll keep that in the back of my mind haha

I want to thank everybody here for all this interaction, I'm living with my mom and have literally no way to sneak in diapers, (I've tried, don't ask why I've tried thinking of every angle possible to get myself padded and nothing would work, it sucks)

so the idea that eventually I'll be able to get out of this hell hole and get to pretend that I forgot potty training 101 is very comforting to me, thank you all! Keep the advice coming though B)

For the longest time I was frightened at the thought of wearing a diaper away from home--especially if I had to drive somewhere. One day I wore a diaper while walking a few blocks to the mailbox and began to lose some of that fear. At some point I decided to "go for it" and wear a diaper while out and about, so I did. I think the first time was taking Mom to the dentist. I wear cloth diapers and waterproof pants, but the system I've sewn is indistinguishable under my clothes. Since then I've gotten brave enough to wear more often when I go shopping or run errands. To my knowledge, no one knows--or even cares--what I've got on under my jeans. Now it feels like no big deal and I don't care whether I wear a diaper or not.

• Like 1

I just went out for a walk wearing skirt, t-shirt and a thick diaper under.
Diaper was well hidden, better than if I had worn pants.

Most thrilling part wasn't the diaper, but the skirt... as I'm a man..
I went just before midnight, but there were still some people out.
I walked to a trail where I pulled up skirt and walked with diaper clearly visible, but I made sure there wasn't any people around.
It felt nice walking like that, but it didn't even come close to what I felt when wearing skirt in public.
Was a short trip as its still a little cold in the evenings, but I will do it again when it gets warmer.

Men should be able to wear skirts without it being weird, as its just shorts without the seam in the crotch..
Skirts hide diaper very good, now from experience. 

• Like 2

Skirts are great for hiding diapers. And guys should be able to wear skirts- I think social barriers for that are slowly starting to break down, depending upon where one lives and the crowd they run with. But there's always kilts for guys who want skirts, but don't want a skirt-skirt. Kilts hide diapers too. Just watch out for breezy days. ?

2737a47e5b586a15929cb64b0a8aa893--do-men

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You can get stiffer kilts that don't blow up.

Kilts that blow up that easily is just skirts with another name.

I have looked at hiking/utility kilts.
Just cost a lot, $100+.

13 hours ago, Dubious said:

You can get stiffer kilts that don't blow up.

Where's the fun in that? :D  And true, kilts are skirts with another name, but some guys might want to wear a skirt that's not a skirt (y'know a skirt but "a manly skirt"), so a kilt is an option.  Prices are the drawback, I haven't looked into buying a kilt. But if the kilt is too expensive...there's always plain old skirts! 

• Like 1
On 5/18/2021 at 11:59 AM, Kaliborio said:

I recognize the truth in this and I am trying to get to a point where I can be unconcerned about if someone knows, or notices, although at the same time, getting found out definitely isn't part of the thrill for me - I'd be fine if my friends & family never find out. But I guess I have to be cognizant of the fact that they may, and I have to either be able to live with that, or, I have to abandon my path, but right now I can't imagine backing away from being 24/7. I'd like to believe that I am close enough to my good friends that if they did find out, it wouldn't affect the relationships. As for the rest of the world, well, I don't think they care what I wear under there!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I recognize the truth in this and I am trying to get to a point where I can be unconcerned about if someone knows, or notices, although at the same time, getting found out definitely isn't part of the thrill for me - I'd be fine if my friends & family never find out. But I guess I have to be cognizant of the fact that they may, and I have to either be able to live with that, or, I have to abandon my path, but right now I can't imagine backing away from being 24/7. I'd like to believe that I am close enough to my good friends that if they did find out, it wouldn't affect the relationships. As for the rest of the world, well, I don't think they care what I wear under there!

I've worn in front of friends, and they've never said anything.  I doubt they know, and if they did know- their main concern would be my health.   They would be concerned they I have some issue, and given my age- the main concern would be cancer.   And most likely they would just want some confirmation that I'm aware and working with my doctor.   

Think about how you would act if you noticed a diaper on somebody, but it was not disclosed.    I'd be curious if I noticed that a close personal friend had diapers.  But I'd also realize that they wanted to keep it private if they hadn't shared it with me.  I doubt I'd even think about asking "Why are you wearing diapers?"    And I'm far less likely to say something when I don't have a very close relationship.   I would never mention anything if I saw a stranger, and most likely would just move about my day.   I might post about the interaction on this forum, but still make sure to avoid anything that would identify the person.

• Like 1