LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How do I prevent leaks laying down?

Two words: rubber panties They have worked for a century and a half. Use the rightmost picture link in the line of small icons in my siggy

Side sleepers do have a tendency to leak in disposables.  That's one reason people suggest cloth diapers for side sleepers.  They work better with the side padding and they also wick wetness throughout the diaper better than disposables which are meant to lock it away in one place.  Try different diapers if you wear disposables until you find one that absorbs the best, most likely a good premium diaper.  Yes, rubber or waterproof pants add an extra layer of protection even over disposable diapers but that still might not totally prevent leaks.  Terry lined waterproof pants will help better as the cloth terry lining will absorb some of the leaks.  If you still have some leaks and are worried about the sheets and bedding, sleep on either a disposable or reusable waterproof pad.  Yes, you may have to do a little extra laundry with plastic pants or a reusable bed pad but it's better than changing the sheets every morning!  And while some people don't worry about leaks themselves, I realize your post was aimed at asking for some advice from people on how to help prevent them from happening, and I hope we are giving you some good options to try.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Cloth diapers, rubber pants or plastic pants and large washable under pads. 

you can add layers of cloth diapers until you solve the average nights leaks should you have an extra wet night the under pad will catch that when it happens, 

do not trust disposable under pads to do the job, they shift out from under you and are not very absorbent. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are sites, that sell adult plastic training pants too. They are usually either flannel, or terry cloth inside, and you can get different thicknesses, and they have plastic exteriors. These type of pants, can go over a disposable, and help absorb a leak, and not let it pass to the bed. You can find them at several on line vendors, like https://www.babykins.com/collections/adult-terry-lined-plastic-pants/

https://www.llmedico.com/gary-pull-on-flannel-lined-plastic-pants/
https://plastic-pants.com/products/terry_lined.html

Those are a few to start. Kins, the first link, has nice ones. The terry pants inside, are connected only at the waist, so you can pull them inside out, for easier washing. 
Maybe they can help you? 
6749EF04-57DE-4C42-9DEB-084B4EF20184.jpeg

9152AF8C-B243-4C91-BBE8-AF0A78310BE2.jpeg

BB8F4F3D-046F-4CA4-99CA-9CCD9A4F4313.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Cloth diapers are not going to prevent leakes on their own. They  are not wetproof. That is what the rubber panties are for, they are

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I am a bedwetter. For some reason the volume of my urine increased overtime and I had leaks so my wife switched to diapering me in pin on cloth with plastic panties.  So far that has done the trick.  Of course we have a plastic mattress protector just in case.

• Like 1

+1 to @AbabeBill's comments.

After a few years of 24/7 nappies, I have become something of a bed wetter.  On their own, disposables in bed are hopeless for me but my wife doesn't like me in cloth so I limited cloth nights to a couple per week.  The Babykins terry-lined waterproof pants are awesome over a high quality disposable.  I sometimes have wet terries over my BetterDry by morning but the bed is dry.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, oznl said:

My wife doesn't like me in cloth. 

Just curious, what is it about you wearing cloth diapers that your wife doesn't like?  The way you look in them or having to do extra laundry?

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Just curious, what is it about you wearing cloth diapers that your wife doesn't like?  The way you look in them or having to do extra laundry?

100% of any diaper-related laundry is done by me.  Her real problem is that cloth diapers lack the chemical odour control of disposables.  I had some issues with bacterial build-up in cloth which meant they got stinky when wet.  I've since solved that but she still can smell (faint) warm pee in the morning whereas with the disposables she can smell nothing.

I’m a side-sleeper and seldom experience leaks. It took some experimentation to find the right disposable for capacity plus getting the right fit around my legs. When a rare flooding incident occurs I will sleep right through it. As long as my spouse remains dry in the process it’s no big deal. 

• 1 month later...

This is an OLD rant for me  so here go's...

1: Paper diapers always LEAK.

2: AIO imitation paper diapers made out of 'cloth like fabric', velcro, and\or snap fasteners always LEAK.

3: Properly folded, layered, and pinned cotton cloth diapers covered by rubber pants NEVER (and I mean N E V E R) leak.

nuff said!

• Like 1