LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Gym locker room and diapers

Until Covid, I always wore my shorts under my jeans to the gym so that I can change just my top and nobody can see my diaper.

For the past several months, the gym has been pretty empty so I started changing into my gym shorts in the locker room.

Some other people notice but nobody really pay attention. At this point, its pretty normal for me. I thought I would be nervous about doing this but after doing this several times, its actually no big deal. 

Anybody else realize that changing in the locker room is no big deal?

• Like 2

I don't go to gym for obvious reasons ,however if you need diapers and use diapers ,there is no shame or humiliation or anything you should think about changing in public ,be it clothes or dirty diapers ,there is far more acceptance of diapers than there is stigma .

• Like 1

Pre covid. So when I was working second/third shift, I would go to the gym around noon. I would see lots of seniors working out. it was not uncommon to see diapers and or pull ups. I am sure if u wear a white one or non-printed diaper you would not stand out; you should be fine. Now me personally I have used a brief and pull ups. But I have also put pin holes in the plastic backing to where I felt fluff coming out, (cheap diaper).

• Like 1

Back when I was in my 30s. Id go to the gym everyday, after my workout I would strip down,  remove my diaper,  take a shower,  than get dressed again, never once did I think about hiding the fact I was wearing diapers,  was seen by many different people,  not one word was ever said to me as I was putting on a fresh diaper or removing a wet diaper. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, iluvmydiapers said:

Back when I was in my 30s. Id go to the gym everyday, after my workout I would strip down,  remove my diaper,  take a shower,  than get dressed again, never once did I think about hiding the fact I was wearing diapers,  was seen by many different people,  not one word was ever said to me as I was putting on a fresh diaper or removing a wet diaper. 

What is this gym place you're talking about?  I think I used to go to one all the way back in 2019, but something must have happened because I haven't been to one since March 11, 2020?

I got a lot of use out the classes at my gym, and would go to classes in either a Pull Up, or a daiper.   If my diaper wasn't wet, it wasn't a big deal.  I'd get concerned if my diaper was nearing capacity.    However, I don't typically shower at the gym.   In part because I come from home, and head home after.  Since I prefer to freshly diapered when I headed to the gym, and tended not to use it while exercising, I didn't want to waste a perfectly good diaper by have to remove it.

• Haha 1

I am not as brave or liberal as some of you. My gym has three private stalls that I use to change my diaper. It is promising that when you change in the open locker room, people respect you and don't make any comments. Kudos to your courage and acceptance of your diapees.

I changed back in to a diaper in the gym a couple of times.   I used a guard in my running shorts while actually working out.   I headed to the gym already in my gym clothes and then changed for work after showering.   But I've got a home gym now:   treadmill, elliptical, dumbbells, weight machine, etc...   I can work out in a diaper if I want (often with a leotard over it).

Lucky that your gym ore open, here they are still close due to Covid

I've been going to the same gym for years and know everyone, so for me it's out of the question to put on a diaper or pull ups in front of everyone

On the other hand, sometimes when I get dressed in the gym I do not put on underwear and then I will put my diaper in the toilet

I started wearing diapers to the gym in early 2020, although they've been shut down more than they've been open, due to the pandemic. Before that, the gym was my one exception to living 24/7, because I was nervous about if my diaper would be visible, and also, how they would stand up to a 5 or 8 mile run, and also how I would stand up to them - I had a pull-up wear holes in me on a long run a couple of years ago, 3rd degree diaper rash, essentially. I wear a really slim, cloth-backed diaper at the gym, a Prevail 360, and I have found I can run in them with lots of diaper cream, with no ill effects. 

I have not yet summoned the guts to wear a diaper openly in a changeroom - I always go into a stall when putting workout clothing on or getting dressed (my house is close to the gym so I don't generally shower there). I think I might be able to swallow hard and just do it, if I were visiting a gym in another city or whatever, but at my home base, I know too many people - I have been going there for almost 10 years and, pre-Covid, I sometimes taught martial arts classes there. 

I did summon the courage to wear a diaper to a medical imaging appointment that I knew would have me traversing public spaces in a large hospital, wearing just a hospital gown. That turned out to be a non-event - nobody knew or cared what I had on, which was exactly how I wanted it - I was able to relax in the MRI and not be "clenching" in terror at the possibility of violating the multi-million-dollar machine. 

9 hours ago, spark said:

What is this gym place you're talking about?  I think I used to go to one all the way back in 2019, but something must have happened because I haven't been to one since March 11, 2020?

I got a lot of use out the classes at my gym, and would go to classes in either a Pull Up, or a daiper.   If my diaper wasn't wet, it wasn't a big deal.  I'd get concerned if my diaper was nearing capacity.    However, I don't typically shower at the gym.   In part because I come from home, and head home after.  Since I prefer to freshly diapered when I headed to the gym, and tended not to use it while exercising, I didn't want to waste a perfectly good diaper by have to remove it.

The gym was at a university and open to all employees during regular open hours (6am-10pm).

It's all about your personal comfort level.  Some wear diapers for incontinence and I believe they have that mindset that they have an actual need for them, most people they know over time may have become aware of their needs and it's just their daily routine.  Some may even be comfortable with their AB lifestyle and don't care if people know about it or see their Rearz AB diapers.  They can be open with others as to their AB lifestyles and choices.  Some may be incontinent yet not want others to know and would never openly change in a locker room or other setting that could expose their diapers to others.  Me, I don't wear for need and wear a couple times a week for personal enjoyment.  I never want anyone I know to find out I like wearing diapers.  If a stranger out of town or state might notice some diaper showing out the back of my jeans if I have to bend down in a store, I'm not bothered much,  For all they know I'm incontinent and need them, and I don't flaunt them.  All that said, if I was on vacation out of state at a hotel that had an excersize room and gym, I might just be bold enough to change from jeans to shorts in the locker room with nothing on underneath but a diaper.  You only live once.

I agree that is about comfort level. I had a near call today when I went to the gym this morning and was about to lower my jeans to put on my gym shorts when I heard my name. One of my business colleagues decided to join my gym and also likes to play squash. Nobody from work knows that I wear diapers so it would have been a lot of explaining if he saw me with a diaper on. 

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Froggyfun said:

I don’t usually wear a diaper if I’m going to the gym unless I was running errands before it. I think I would just change in the car or wait till home if I can. I’m not comfortable with the idea. I don’t even change in front of my wife. I go to the bathroom and shut the door.  I don’t even like changing regular clothes in public lol 

My wife certainly knows about my diapers and I am in a wet diaper around her daily. I don't mess my diaper when with Jeanne. She does not participate in my diapers, but passively accepts and tolerates my enjoyment of diapers. Because of this passive acceptance I do not change in front of her either. Sometimes when I am very wet with a nice diaper bulge under my clothes, Jeanne will make a comment that it might be time to change before I leak. If I leaked on the furniture she would not be happy.

I wear "granny panties" over my diaper so at a quick glance it will look like underwear.
(Don't remember the correct name, but its made to be over diaper, to hide and hold.)

I was supposed to go buy jeans this week, but decided not to when I was out.
I was thinking about going without panties, but with would be safer so I went with..
And yes, I need to wear when I buy, cause it would suck to come home and find out they don't fit with diapers.

I know its not exactly the same as a gym locker, but its similar.