LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper junkie???

square_duck

Hey! ?

I had meant to post this earlier, but.....kept forgetting... ??

Anyways, I was in chat a while ago, having fun and discussing assorted stuff with Evelyn D. When she popped out with a concept that I had been kind of on the fringes of, but not really sure.

The comment and concept she floated was that " diaper wearing is an addiction".....

As you might guess, this comment and concept gave me pause.....made me think for a minute and consider my own situation and activities....

Could me being a D/L actually be a form of "addiction"....?

If so, does that mean this site is full of as well as run by a bunch of " diaper junkies" ??

Honestly, I'm still processing this, which might be why it took this long for me to post it. 

I guess I can or should just ask the question here....( I also considered doing this as a poll)

Do you feel that you are addicted to diapers???

Do you consider yourself to be "addicted " to them???

One definition I found is this;

https://www.healthline.com/health/addiction

I wont go into much more of this....I'm still wrestling with my own answers. 

One thing I do feel is true though, this is something that is deeply individual, and hence every answer or response will be based on that  Individual perception, from that point of view and point of referance.

Post thoughts and responses as you deem fit....discussions wecome...who knows, someone might post something so profound as to shift the whole thought construct of this community!!!! ?

Anyway, I'll shut up and read what ever pops up....

Qwack ( the non addict.....I think )

• Like 1

Ye are just tumbling onto this? How many times have I said that 24/7, self-inflicted diaper dependency, wearing in public/at work and the like was an out of control addiction?

My $0.02 - I'm not a clinician, and surely this has been said on other boards in this forum, but I think one of the hallmarks of addiction
is whether or not a detriment exists to health, family, career, etc.  If your wearing is not causing you to neglect one or more of these, then
it's probably not worth worrying too much about it.  I know this leaves open the possibility for the "self-serving bias" wherein someone might
not objectively evaluate the degree to which their life is impacted by their fetish, but that cannot always be the case.

An example comes to mind - I saw the "My Strange Addiction" episode with AB Riley Kilo, and it almost seems like they mislabeled her thereon
for the sake of drama-based entertainment.  I obviously know little about her, but nothing about what I have read or seen leads me to believe
that the lifestyle choice has a negative effect on the rest of her life.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, square_duck said:

Hey! ?

I had meant to post this earlier, but.....kept forgetting... ??

Anyways, I was in chat a while ago, having fun and discussing assorted stuff with Evelyn D. When she popped out with a concept that I had been kind of on the fringes of, but not really sure.

The comment and concept she floated was that " diaper wearing is an addiction".....

As you might guess, this comment and concept gave me pause.....made me think for a minute and consider my own situation and activities....

Could me being a D/L actually be a form of "addiction"....?

If so, does that mean this site is full of as well as run by a bunch of " diaper junkies" ??

Honestly, I'm still processing this, which might be why it took this long for me to post it. 

I guess I van or should just ask the question here....( I also considered doing this as a poll)

Do you feel that you are addicted to diapers???

Do you consider yourself to be "addicted " to them???

One definition I found is this;

https://www.healthline.com/health/addiction

I wont go into much more of this....I'm still wrestling with my own answers. 

One thing I do feel is true though, this is something that is deeply individual, and hence every answer or response will be based on that  Individual perception, from that point of view and point of referance.

Post thoughts and res as you deem fit....discussions wecome...who knows, someone might post something so profound as to shift the whole thought construct of this community!!!! ?

Anyway, I'll shut up and read what ever pops up....

Qwack ( the non addict.....I think )

@square_duck

I must state that I think that the word "addiction" can be used to describe something that you do because you can't control yourself, and this action is in some form messing with your life.  I am aware that DRUGS and other addictions can be classified this way, but lets go the other way.

If you are a DL or an AB, you are a PERSON, and you have the feelings you have.  The problem that I see is that there is REALLY NOTHING WRONG with Liking diapers, baby equipment, or the lifestyle, but because we have people who are against this behavior in the world, they classify you as a "non conformist", and try to say that liking diapers is wrong:  The use of diapers is a way to either deal with medical or sociological/physiological/emotional needs.  I think what needs to be stated here is what constitutes an "addiction" to diapers would be a inability to control your actions, because you would do ANYTHING to satisfy a need, and that would override everything else that you do in life.

I feel that as long as you are functioning to your highest level, a diaper addiction is not a dangerous thing, and is harmless:  If you look at all of the things that can get addicting, I would say diapers would be the one that would be of the lowest of concern.  Remember, there is NOTHING WRONG with liking diapers or any of the parts of the lifestyle, and as far as I understand it, people who are IC may decide to accept the fact and need of their diapers, and the way they do that is to add parts of the AB lifestyle or identify as an "adult kid" "furry", "Nonbinary", "fluid" or "DL".

My question is; WHY does it seem that people who do NOT accept the lifestyle seem to think or say that it is WRONG?  Do these people actually believe that because you are IC/DL/AB that you need to be analyzed to figure out why something is wrong when NOTHING is wrong?  I am of the opinion that I had to do some soul searching myself:  I had feelings about diapers and the way that make me feel, but I would NOT classify this as an addiction, because it would require me to no control over what I do, and I am IN CONTROL of everything going on.

Diapers feel good, function to deal with my medical issues, and also satisfy me in other ways:  When these "feelings" are rearing their head, I maintain control and continue to do what I have to do - but I maintain the control, and when an appropriate time permits itself, I can then satisfy these "feelings."  However, if you like diapers and other items this does NOT indicate a "addiction" or a "sickness." The feelings are THERE, and they are NOT going anywhere - Why not engage in them, or partake of them in an APPROPRIATE and safe manner?

Diaper User:  YES, Both ways

Diaper Lover: Yes

Diaper "Junkie":  No

Brian

I actually agree with that assessment about abdls is a type of addiction. But here me out.

It not a addiction in the normal sense of the word addiction. Its more like a "sexual addiction" but then that would be the saying for every fetish. Its true that you have to act on the fetish or you lose your mind but there are also those who are abdls but has no sexual feelings on that subject. You see what I'm saying?

Hey! At least its the most harmless one out of all of the different types you can get...this one: The ABDL, is the least harmfull.

• Like 1

Nice discussion here guys, thank you! ? I mention that this had made me think, only because it was a different slant on this.....ummm. "Life style", or activity if that is the label you wish to put on it. 

Personally, I consider myself a " recreational diaperist", a fun name I name across quite a while ago, which seems to fit me. I don't wear 24/7, and don't feel this is a "fetish" and aside from  diapers being my underwear of choice, I'm a pretty average... "normal" person. This doesn't run my life, but is just something I enjoy doing, when ever I get the urge. *shrug*

So the term "addiction*, when Evelyn brought it up, seemed kind of odd, but at the same time something worthy of exploring, and it seems it has generated some interesting thoughts and comments ?

Very cool.....thank you! 

Carry on

Qwack

• Thanks 1

I think to some degree we are all addicted to diapers.  For most it's a fetish, for many it's a lifestyle, also regression.  It's near impossible to get rid of this addition or fetish, just like a drunk or drug addict.  I think it depends on each person as to how much into it they are as to whether you can say they are addicted in the normal sense of the word.  We all have an addiction to some point because we just can't stop doing it.  Control over it is the difference.  As mentioned, it's a fetish and I think that is the difference between us and someone who has a drug problem.  Our addition is sexual, hence a fetish.  A person addicted to drugs or opioides is not attracted to them sexually, it's the repeated use of these drugs themselves that cause a person to become addicted to them.  You can also say the repeated wearing of diapers causes a person to become addicted to them as well, however it's our own feelings in our mind from the pleasures diapers give us that makes us continue to want to wear diapers.  With a drug addict, they feel good when they use their drugs but it's also something in the drugs themselves that physically change the body and brain causing an addiction to them.  If they don't keep shooting heroin or snorting cocaine their body goes through withdrawal symptoms because now their body has developed a dependency on these drugs through the physical and sometimes permanent alteration these substances do to our bodies.  The proof is clear when you look at any before and after pictures of a meth addict!  Drugs affect physical changes on people, just like a cancer patient who goes through chemo loses their hair.  Same goes for people who are alcoholics.  Wearing diapers gives us a great feeling, however we are not ingesting chemicals into our bodies that cause changes or addiction.  I think that is the difference, but the term "junkie" could still apply to anything where a person has maybe an unusual like for a specific thing over and above what others have.  Everyone might like doughnuts but the person who eats them every morning and afternoon, especially if it's the same kind every day might be referred to as a doughnut junkie.  Same as the guy who plays 36 holes of golf 5 days a week and spends the rest of the time watching golf on TV and reading golf magazines.  He could be considered a golf junkie.  Not just because he likes golf, but because it's his main focus in life and he spends an over abundance of time on golf.  It's become his life and he has become addicted to it.

I have said many times that I love to wear and use my diapers but it does not control my life.  It's just one of many different hobbies and interests I have.  Diversity!  When you spend so much time on the same thing that you make it your everyday lifestyle and it takes over your life, then I say you are addicted to it and you may be considered by many to be a junkie.  I would probably call a lot of members here diaper junkies or adult baby junkies because it has become their chosen way of life over the years.  While we are all addicted to diapers to some degree, I would not call the casual diaper wearer or the one who wears only a few times a week a diaper junkie, especially if they live an otherwise normal life with friends, work, family and hobbies outside of their diaper time.

So true ! I am addicted to diapers and I really dont think I can stop if I wanted to. I have been wearing for over 20 years. I wear home and in public and I have to wear at work. I dont like taking breaks and lose money. Main reason I wear is for work. Growing to love them came so natural. Its like wearing panties for a woman and undies for a man. Great topic @square_duck!!

• Like 1