LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quiet diapers

From one Buckeye to another, of course there are many cloth back disposable diapers on the market all of which are silent and "stealthy."  I prefer plastic back disposable diapers and find that many are also undetectable under the proper clothing for both diaper bulge and crinkling/rustling.  Some of the best plastic back diapers for day time acceptable wear in my opinion are NorthShore Lites that come in white, blue, purple (almost more pink than purple), and green, Abena M4's (M stands for medium, so there are small-I think, and large; Molicare Maxi, Tena Slip Active Maxi, and Total Dry Overnight (even though advertised as overnight they are discreet for day time wear).  I wear any one of these diapers daily to work without a problem or suspicious look from anyone.  The absorbency level for me varies from about 5 to 8 hours depending on how much I wet during the day.  I hope this helps.

@Moochie thanks. I just don't want my kids questioning anything and although my husband knows I enjoy wearing its not something I include him in so I prefer to be discrete. The whole being stuck at home because of the worry of covid is getting to me so I need to relax.

21 minutes ago, ohiobabygirl said:

@Moochie thanks. I just don't want my kids questioning anything and although my husband knows I enjoy wearing its not something I include him in so I prefer to be discrete. The whole being stuck at home because of the worry of covid is getting to me so I need to relax.

Unless you ditch plastic completely, the only thing that really works is tight fitting underwear over the top.  So men's boxers (a size too small) or similar will dull the noise right down.

I love my Tyables nappies, but they are SO VERY NOISY that they just don't work when people are around. The medical ones are sadly better for that, i.e. Tena, as the plastic is softer.  But generally the way to go is very tight fitting (adult) underwear over the top.

1 hour ago, ohiobabygirl said:

I just don't want my kids questioning anything and although my husband knows I enjoy wearing its not something I include him in so I prefer to be discrete. The whole being stuck at home because of the worry of covid is getting to me so I need to relax.

I can identify very closely with this. My wife knows but for the most part has been tolerant but unenthusiastic, and with the kids around, I really want to be discreet. I have a slim, cloth-backed daytime diaper that I wore for most of last year, and that I still wear to the gym - Prevail 360 Breezers. They feel, and fit, a lot like a modern Pampers Cruiser, with flexible wings, and Velcro-like tabs that just will not give in. They're very comfortable, and provide probably 5 - 6 hours of protection for me. A bit bigger, but still cloth-backed, are Play Dayz - these have cute graphics on them, are a bit bulkier, but are whisper quiet under clothing. 

Lately, though, I have been working at finding plastic diapers that I can wear during the day, particularly with the kids being home - they were basically around the house most days from March until a few weeks ago. I've found that wearing the right diaper and clothing combination allows me to wear certain plastic diapers with reasonable stealth - I've found Rearz Lil' Monsters to be pretty quiet under jeans or cargo shorts, and I have a couple of pairs of tight-fitting "spandex" (or whatever stretchy material they are) bicycle shorts that I will put on over my diaper, in order to quiet it down a bit and make it look a bit slimmer. 

I also came to realize that people pay very little attention for the most part to my lower half, and that most diaper sounds aren't as "on the radar" to other people as they are to our trained ears.

But all of the above also comes with an acknowledgement that I'm a guy, and you're a woman, and women tend to wear more conforming clothing in lighter materials, so for me it's probably easier. Also, if I had a wife who wanted to wear diapers, I would NOT complain about it. But different strokes for different folks. 

@Little Sherri I've been sticking to good nights since im small enough to fit in them. They changed and don't give the stretch they used to so the rip once I get to my hips (having my 3rd my body didn't bounce back). I just got overnight women's depends and because if my size the smalls leak a little (I think maybe the leg gathers just suck). My husband doesn't give 2 shits what I wear but I try to hide it because he has always viewed my wearing as being sexual but it's not always that. And right now my wanting to wear has more to do with dealing with stress and anxiety. When I do wear I wear longer shirts and loose pajama pants or sweat pants.

2 hours ago, BedWetMark said:

Unless you ditch plastic completely, the only thing that really works is tight fitting underwear over the top.  So men's boxers (a size too small) or similar will dull the noise right down.

Yep, this...   I use women's shapewear pants (that may or may not include plastic pants depending on my day) and they will quieten down both the BetterDry 24/7 and the ABU Simples that I can typically be found in.  They also assist with visual discretion.  Tighter fitting underwear gives the same effect it's just that I don't own any underwear anymore (I only wear nappies these days).  Outside of that, the cloth backed Abena are pretty quiet but I find the tapes to be failure-prone.

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

I also came to realize that people pay very little attention for the most part to my lower half, and that most diaper sounds aren't as "on the radar" to other people as they are to our trained ears.

Yep, that too.  I also think the peril is largely in our imaginations although my ABU Simples are FAR too noisy for MY imagination.  I also simply prefer having them close-fitting and sag-resistant by wearing them under some kind of compression garment.

10 minutes ago, ohiobabygirl said:

And right now my wanting to wear has more to do with dealing with stress and anxiety.

Same for me.

Personally for even the crinklest brands with snug fitting undies are pretty much noiseless . I have noticed when you first put them on they may crinkle some but after your body heat has warmed them up , they become silent. 

Kendall's lille Supreme Maxis 

They are cloth backed and can absorb plenty of wettings and some messes.

They can be found at most medical supply or surgical Supply Stores

5 hours ago, ohiobabygirl said:

@babyalan are those available in the US? I'm only seeing them in the uk

Also ABU nappies are a bit quieter and they do decent cloth backed ones too. But honestly, as someone else said, YOU are more likely to hear the noise than anyone else. Most people don't wear nappies day to day, so it's not something people expect to see or hear, expect people like us, who are tuned in to it. 

abu and northshore have been quieter than tykables for me personally. Ive gone to the store before in sweat pants and hoodie with just a diaper on underneath. With my kids, their is simply to much noise between them and the animals to even notice any noise. As far as everybody else, ive noticed people are way far into to know whats going on with sounds. Lots of people have atleast one head phone in nowadays to drown out the outside world. 

...the ultimate "quiet" diapers(and by far the best to me)are cloth with no plastic pants, which is what I wear 80% of the time. I'll wear plastic pants when I know I'm going to wet!!!

The new XP5000’s by XP Medical are plastic backed and are still pretty stealthy.
My wife can never tell I’m wearing until she randomly swats my backside [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/2/2020 at 3:21 PM, BedWetMark said:

I love my Tyables nappies, but they are SO VERY NOISY that they just don't work when people are around. The medical ones are sadly better for that, i.e. Tena, as the plastic is softer.  But generally the way to go is very tight fitting (adult) underwear over the top.

I wear Tykables daily and I know what you're talking about! That "Toddler Tough" plastic really makes some noise! 

For something discreet I find that the BetterDry and Crinklz plastic is soft, supple, and quiet. They don't have a crinkly landing zone either. That would be my preferred diaper for stealth while not sacrificing capacity. 

I have to go with Abena Abri-form, more commonly called the Abena M4. It’s very quiet, but what most people don’t know is the “4” in M4 stands for the absorbency level, 4 being thickest and 0 being thinnest. LLMedico sells the whole range.

For discretion, this has to be the best line of diapers. They’re very quiet and the 0 and 1 are quite thin. The 2 is my everyday diaper and the people I spend the most time around don’t know, and I’m 24/7. I’ve also found the 2 to be more than absorbent enough (and I have OAB). I usually wear three a day, including overnight.

5 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

I have to go with Abena Abri-form, more commonly called the Abena M4. It’s very quiet, but what most people don’t know is the “4” in M4 stands for the absorbency level, 4 being thickest and 0 being thinnest. LLMedico sells the whole range.

For discretion, this has to be the best line of diapers. They’re very quiet and the 0 and 1 are quite thin. The 2 is my everyday diaper and the people I spend the most time around don’t know, and I’m 24/7. I’ve also found the 2 to be more than absorbent enough (and I have OAB). I usually wear three a day, including overnight.

I agree with this recommendation.  Not only that, they're actually quite economical.  Just be aware that the level 4 line is the only one that's all plastic.

On 10/2/2020 at 1:06 PM, ohiobabygirl said:

I used to love the sound of a loud diaper but now that I have kids i need suggestions of a quiet diaper. Ive worn pull ups but its just not the same and I'm itching to get some diapers again. 

I use cloth thick diapers aned no noise at all but I like plastic locking pants and rubbeer locking pan ts for the noise to see if people are paying attention to the noise they make, it is a real turn on for me to see if some one is looking.