LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Training pants - disposable or cloth?

• 2 weeks later...

Baby-pants.com has training pants in lots of different colors and patterns and two thicknesses, "My First Training Pants," and "Almost a Big Kid." I think they are my favorites for the look (like the ones I had when I was a kid) and fit. I don't usually wet or poop my diapers or trainers, I just like them for the comfort and feeling. The training pants are more comfortable when I'm going to be more active or I'm wearing pants like jeans that aren't cut to fit over thick diapers. Also, the first time I can remember getting back into diapers, when I was 3 or 4, I found some training pants and plastic pants in a box in a closet and asked my mother if i could put them on. So they will always be meaningful to me and close to my heart!

Toddler White

• Like 2

I'm NOT a big boy, I'm a LITTLE BABY! That wears diapies. But if Daddy ever decided to potty train me and MAKE me be a big boy against my will and wear Pull-Ups, I would want him to choose these! And plus they're disposable, and I LOVE disposable!?????♥️???♥️?? But they'd be EVEN BETTER if they were DIAPERS!?????????? And then I'd DEFINITELY be feeling like a baby, a BIG BABY!?????????♥️???????

20221022_152640~3.jpg

@BabyJeggySpideyBoy @60's Style

when I was growing up, there were no disposable training pants. There were disposable diapers, cloth diapers, and rubber pants, or what people now call vinyl pants are PUL.  Mom would always have plenty of the rubber pants around, or what my mom would call training pants. Because I came out of diapers pretty early, my mom would always have a set up where if I'm wearing a diaper, 90% of the time I would have diapers on, and sometimes I wouldn't have training pants over them. When I was at the beach, I always had a diaper on, and then a pair of my training pants over the top. My mom did this so I could actually enjoy myself at the beach, or go into the water, because nothing would end up escaping the pants into the water, and if it did it wouldn't be that bad, because my mom would then be able to clean me up.

Being that my mom was raised in the 60s, she was very well versed in plastic outerwear like this, to go over diapers. Of course, in the 70s, pampers were just coming into existence, after being around since the 60s, so people were able to get them quite easily, and they were the primary diaper of many babies in my generation. I can guarantee you that there were times when it would be MORE babyish to be pinned into several cloth diapers, and then over the top put a large pair of training pants over your diapers. And then you seal them up so that nothing gets out through your leg holes. If you are pinned into several diapers, and then have training pants put over them, you would end up having to spread your legs, because you would have no choice, and you would be waddling around like a duck, because there's no way that you would be able to walk without a waddle. Because I had CP, I rarely walked anywhere on the beach, and I was always carried wherever I went when I was a kid, or I would use a stroller and they would roll me into wherever they wanted me to go. So I didn't have to move too much on my legs, but I did crawl all over the place.

Of course, because there weren't very many absorbent options like today's disposable throwaway training pants, or what they call cloth back diapers, that they say have plastic in them, the best way to take care of making sure that you did not leak, was to get the pampers that were based for overnight use, and sometimes you would be double diapering a baby, and then throwing plastic pants over the top. Of course, with diapers like pampers being the norm, those things were thick, so if you get double or triple diapered into a pampers of that generation, you go nowhere pal! He he he

so I think the best way to experience being a baby is to be either cloth diapered in several cloth diapers, layering them up and then throwing plastic pants over them, or to be double diapered in a 70s era pampers, and then be allowed to be mobile and see what happens. Parents of that generation were very good at finding ways to keep leaks at a minimum, and they were also very good at changing diapers and taking care of little kids, dealing with things that would be as normal today as they were back then, but finding unique ways to deal with it. My mom had to take care of me and my brother Richard, and my mom changed diapers for my brother Richard from the time he was born until the time he died at 10 years old in 1979. Mom did it because she loved us both and wanted us to be the best we could be, and I loved my brother Richard a lot, and I still think of him all the time, and I think the reason why he was put on this earth is to teach me empathy and understanding, so that I have a better idea of what a disabled child goes through.

I don't know where my brother Richard is now, but I think of him all the time, and I always wonder if he was put here to teach us how to have compassion and empathy for someone else who is in a position that they cannot control. I think he did teach us in our family that people have compassion and empathy and sympathy for a person who has to be in that position. The thing is, if you are already in that position, the best way to make a person's life the best that they can make it is to engage the individual so they feel like they are being dealt with, and they are being talk to, even if they are immobile or nonverbal. As long as someone is engaging someone who is disabled, and making them feel like a part of the family, that should be no problem.

Because of my brother Richard, I have been able to interact with kids that are severely disabled, and I understand more about them, because I can understand that they are and do have issues because of their disability, if I am interested in certain disabilities, I looked them up so I can be more informed as to what their disability is, and in a couple of occasions I have done actual reports that analyze disabilities and the type of disabilities that you can have, and I think I even did a report, adding stuff about cerebral palsy to something about angelmann syndrome:it's interesting what you can learn when you actually look into certain disabilities, and what makes certain disabilities what they are. Especially ones like Down syndrome, what my aunt had, or like my friend has. Each person has differing severity of disability, and each person is different, but you can learn from a lot of different people. The best thing about it though, is that you should allow a kid to be a kid , and that means that you treat them like a kid , and let them enjoy everything that they can possibly enjoy, even if you have to stimulate them so that they feel like they are having fun too .

there are many friends that were like this that I lost: my brother was one, and I had a friend who was at summer camp that I also was fond of that we lost, and she died at 14. I was taught that God only gives people challenges that he thinks they can handle, but sometimes some of the challenges and struggles that some people have can be quite disturbing, and can cause major problems for others. Always look at it this way: you're only a kid once, and if you're disabled and that is the life that you live when you lead because you have no other choice, the best thing to do is to engage the child and make them feel very very special and help them live the best life possible, because that makes you feel like you are a better person, because you understand what people deal with and why children may have issues. I am very close to young kids, and I have always had a soft spot for them, because I understand that little kids live the life they live, and you only live once as a child, so the best way to make them enjoy themselves is to help them enjoy themselves!

When it comes to this topic: this all makes sense because you make sure the child enjoys the childhood that they have. As a baby or a young child, the child does not have to worry about whether they're going to wet whether they're going to soil, or whether they're going to have an issue. Parents are there to help you, and when you have a person that's disabled, your parent usually knows how to handle that, because they've dealt with it, and if they don't they get the help that they need. I've always taught people that you should live your life to the fullest, believe what you think is right, and keep rolling as hard as you can, for as long as you can. You always run into people that have differing opinions, and differing beliefs, and they might think things differently about certain subjects, but the most important thing is that you let the kid be a kid!

As Jesse states, the best feeling is being that kid: where you are taken care of and you don't have to worry about anything, because your parents are there to take care of you. All you have to worry about is making sure that you are doing what your parents tell you to do, and letting them know when you need help, and of course interacting with your parents, and doing as they ask, or being able to ask your parents. Sometimes kids don't get why a parent says no, because they don't see a problem with their request. Being a kid, you have to learn things, so the best way to do that is to allow a kid to calm down and then try to explain to them why: parents are very patient, and sometimes I think that the parents of today are nowhere near as adept as parents of the past period this is not to say that parents are bad, or what they do is not good, but there are situations that scare me in the world: kids as young as five that I have seen when I was younger, think they are 15 or 17, and they try to tell their parents what they're gonna do, how they're gonna do it, or they end up mouthing off. I even had a 5 year old that was swearing like a truck driver, and I had to put a stop to it, and the reason why he was doing this is because he found that it was acceptable in his family unit to swear like that. He also was disrespectful to adults, and sometimes I wonder how that kid turned out, but in my mind it is all how a kid is raised and what type of setup he is given.

Being a baby today probably isn't as easy as it was back when we were born: there are so many dynamics that have changed in the world: we're dealing with people who believe the lies that there have been told, sometimes the truth isn't the truth, sometimes being told a lie is considered the truth, and there's a lot of things that are a lot different period being a baby may not be as easy in the twenty 20s as it was in the 70s, and there's a big difference in time, but The thing is my parents still loved me, took care of me, and taught me the respect that so many kids nowadays lack. When I was a kid, you never told your mom no, you never raised your voice, and you certainly didn't swear and then cause a major scene in a star, where you melt down in the middle of a Walmart for example. In those days, your parents just let you scream for a few moments tried to calm you down, and then picked you up and carried you out the door and took you home. When I got out of line, my mom would use a spoon on me, and spank me, but she wouldn't go to the extreme, and she wouldn't threaten to do it, and then back down: boy times have changed!

Sometimes I wonder how it would be if we were able to go back 10 or 15 years, and see the differences: since I was growing up and I was about 16 back then, there were differences, but there were a lot of things that were the same, and many of my cousins for example still were raised the way I was, to respect our parents and respect your authority, and also to respect adults and not to use the language that some of these kids do today. Some of these five year olds think they're 15 or 20, and they need to be kids.

Thank God for our parents Jesse, because they helped us be the kids that we were supposed to be, not the adults that we have to be today, as young kids! Young kids really don't have a shot, unless they have good parents like mine and like yours, or like having a good grandmother or a grandfather figure: each of us has their own issues with their family members, but in my case I had a good family, they let me be a kid, and they weren't worried about me having accidents or anything like that: they were good to me: and I wish that there were more parents like ours, who cared about what we thought, and tried to teach us right from wrong, rather than to have some of these kids think they're running their parents' house! That didn't happen back then

Brian

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both disposable and cloth training pants have their pros and cons.  

I would use disposable training pants on someone for traveling or if we were going to be away from home because it's easier to clean up after an accident.  

If someone was having a lot of accidents I would use disposable training pants on them.  If they were using the potty most of the time and only rarely having accidents or having small accidents I might put them in cloth training pants. 

Plastic pants can be worn over disposable or cloth training pants for extra protection. If someone was wearing cloth training pants around the house and we were leaving the house I might have them wear plastic pants over their training pants for extra protection.  Sometimes if someone is pretty well trained and not having a lot of accidents they might not want to wear plastic pants over their training pants.  I would tell them that when we get home they can take their plastic pants off

Both disposable and cloth training pants have their pros and cons.  

I would use disposable training pants on someone for traveling or if we were going to be away from home because it's easier to clean up after an accident.  

If someone was having a lot of accidents I would use disposable training pants on them.  If they were using the potty most of the time and only rarely having accidents or having small accidents I might put them in cloth training pants. 

Plastic pants can be worn over disposable or cloth training pants for extra protection. If someone was wearing cloth training pants around the house and we were leaving the house I might have them wear plastic pants over their training pants for extra protection.  Sometimes if someone is pretty well trained and not having a lot of accidents they might not want to wear plastic pants over their training pants.  I would tell them that when we get home they can take their plastic pants off

• Like 2

Cloth training pants for me. I got them to start cause I wanted to try, and they are quite comfortable. I got the rearz, and the pull pants from rearz. Sadly theres no real disposable trainers for adults, only the rather crappy pull up underwear that verious places sell. I would love to try and get some super undies, and others to try, but, I am both poor, and a bit on the large size, so its not so easy. Heck, only plastic pants I can use are the cristy plastic pants from rears, do to leg hole size. Not waist size. THey do not plan on people having thick legs.

Someone mentioned that the cloth of there old trainers have yellowed with age, and look closer to a tan colour. I hate to say it, thats actualy kinda normal for cotton and linnen. Linnen tends to go to a soft offwhite over time, allmost ivory, its just how things age. Cotten tends to add colour as it ages as well. Line drying actualy tends to incurage that.Its just the way the fabric responds to time.  If you want something to stay white, you have to bleach it constantly. Bleach is actualy pretty bad on the fabric sadly.

• 1 year later...

I have some cloth training pants I like to under my jeans or shorts when I want to wet my pants slowly.  I like how they prevent pee from dripping down into my socks and allow the wetness to spread across my pants so I can enjoy the wet feeling.