LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Training pants - disposable or cloth?

If you wear training pants do you prefer disposable or cloth? Any particular brands you like?

I usually wear disposable (Always Discreet - toddler pull ups don't fit, but these at least have some color and don't look institutional and actually hold a fair amount) but I do have 1 pair of waterproof training pants from biggerdiapers.com and a couple pairs of regular (not waterproof) ones from there on the way. I'm trying to decide if I should try Rearz or Baby Pants, as both are available on amazon.

If you wear cloth do you wet or mess them? I don't think I will ever poop in mine. I will wet them if it's laundry day, otherwise I mostly wear them went I want the comfort of wearing but don't plan on using them (usually overnight) and don't want to waste a disposable. 

(Please don't respond if you only wear diapers, there are already threads for diapers vs pullups, what brand of diaper you wear, etc. and I don't care that training pants "aren't real diapers" or whatever reason you don't like them. I'm only interested in discussing training pants right now with those who wear them, or are planning to try them.)

• Like 1

I prefer cloth because they seem more authentic.  If you plan to use them, waterproof ones are great.  Both Biggerdiapers and Dependco have these.  If you just like to wear them, non-waterproof ones should be fine.  The Rearz and Baby pants ones aren't waterproof so if you plan to use them, you'll need plastic pants or some other type of leak protection.

I have messed in training pants before, the cleanup is actually not that bad.  A thorough pre-rinse followed by a regular wash is usually sufficient.

Yeah, I know the Rearz and Baby Pants are not waterproof. Neither are the ones I have coming from Biggerdiapers, but I ordered a pair of plastic pants with them. I have a pocket diaper and a snap-on diaper cover from there as well that I could wear over them. I've wet the waterproof ones from there but like I said, I usually only do that on laundry day because I don't want them sitting around wet. I know what my options are, just curious to see what others use.

I wear training pants as well as diapers. When I'm in my training pants I'm expected to try and use the potty otherwise I get in trouble. I'm only aloud to wet when I wake up if I've slept in them and getting ready to change or after I've been wearing them for several hours. I wear disposables mostly , but do have a few pairs of Gerber cloth training pants. My favorite disposables are "Parents Choice" from Walmart, they are less expensive and actually fit me better than my Pampers Easy-ups. But I do love my Hello Kitty Easy-ups too.  I occasionally will wear plastic pants over my pull-ups,but usually my wife wants to be able to see the wetness indicator so she doesn't have to check me. Baby time is a game we play and messing is not an option. As far as holding a lot, training pant are suppose to train you to use the potty, so the expectation is to change them after wetting and to feel wet as well. Check my profile to see all my training pants, here are my Parents Choice...

IMGP6628s.thumb.jpg.7c839f2c224a6648ffc94b3ce21d7462.jpg

20 hours ago, Little Lindsey said:

If you wear training pants do you prefer disposable or cloth? Any particular brands you like?

I usually wear disposable (Always Discreet - toddler pull ups don't fit, but these at least have some color and don't look institutional and actually hold a fair amount) but I do have 1 pair of waterproof training pants from biggerdiapers.com and a couple pairs of regular (not waterproof) ones from there on the way. I'm trying to decide if I should try Rearz or Baby Pants, as both are available on amazon.

If you wear cloth do you wet or mess them? I don't think I will ever poop in mine. I will wet them if it's laundry day, otherwise I mostly wear them went I want the comfort of wearing but don't plan on using them (usually overnight) and don't want to waste a disposable. 

(Please don't respond if you only wear diapers, there are already threads for diapers vs pullups, what brand of diaper you wear, etc. and I don't care that training pants "aren't real diapers" or whatever reason you don't like them. I'm only interested in discussing training pants right now with those who wear them, or are planning to try them.)

I have one pair  of cloth training pants pull-up style. I do wet and mess them sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some cloth ones from Rearz. I don't know why I have them. I'm really not ready for training pants. As for disposable "training pants" they are very weird. Little kids training pants have padding that goes from the back waistband to the front waistband. Adult pull-on briefs or training pants padding don't go up anywhere near the waistbands. I don't like them.

I have a thing for training pants for sure. I was a little boy in the 1960s, so to me that means pre-Pull-Ups cloth ones.

When I started “having accidents” as secret play in my early teens I sometimes put on multiple pairs of underwear at once and imagined being in training pants at just that awkward, messy age. Being put in “big kid” undies that really aren’t — that my parents knew I might “forget” or be too late and go pee or even poo in — was and Is really interestingly embarrassing and  “little.”

I’ve checked out BabyPants and Super Undies and Rearz training pants several times online... Since they have to be washed anyway, when I play this way I don’t usually wear waterproof pants over them. At that age you’re supposed to feel and see that you’re having an accident. Your thick training pants just keep you from making such a big puddle on the floor around your bottom or feet.

19 minutes ago, nonny said:

I’ve checked out BabyPants and Super Undies and Rearz training pants several times online... Since they have to be washed anyway, when I play this way I don’t usually wear waterproof pants over them. At that age you’re supposed to feel and see that you’re having an accident. Your thick training pants just keep you from making such a big puddle on the floor around your bottom or feet.

You can still have plastic pants, over your cloth trying panties, you will still feel wet, but not leave wetness or puddles anywhere. There were training pants, that had an outer plastic cover back in those days, (60’s) And today, you can still have adult versions of those too. Babykins has some good ones, and Gary makes them too, sold through llmedico, Plastic-Pant.com/Mountain View, Fetwear, and many others. 
Or, just slip on any plastic pants, over any cloth pull ups. 
I love thick, plastic covered training pants. You’re not a baby, but not quite ready for big kid underwear either ?

6E21890B-306F-464C-82AA-9FFFAC2B6F82.jpeg

• Like 1

I love my leakproof trainers from Bigger Diapers. I'm not at all interested in soaking my bed, floor or furniture! Mind you, they WILL leak if you push their limits (after all, training pants aren't meant to hold more than one accident!) but not as much as regular trainers. 

That said, my regular trainers from Bigger Diapers came today, and I can't wait to wear them! I probably won't wet them too often (as I said before, I only do that on laundry day) so I won't always need protection, but I did get a pair of plastic pants to wear over them when I plan on doing more than a few dribbles. Mostly I'll just wear them to bed with a t-shirt (while the weather is still nice, at least) "just in case." ( And then put a sticker on my potty chart when I wake up dry. ?)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a preference for cloth trainers, since that was what was around when I was.....eeerrmmm...younger ?? I "use" them on occasion too. I leaves me feeling like a naughty kid doing something he isn't supposed to do anymore, but does anyways because it feels good. ?

Like others though, I do wish that there was someone who would make a decent pull up for adults that is patterned after goodnites!!!! I know I would wear those!! ?...and..well...use them as well ?

*sigh* we can all still wish though..

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Cloth Rearz trainers, doubled, under plastic pants. My Husband prefers them to disposables because the cloth pad quickly wicks pee up the backside. The disposables tend to capture the liquid closer to the source.  He likes me to have a wet butt.

I prefer disposable just because I like to wet of have accidents in my trainers, and with cloth it's a whole process to launder them.  I either wear Goodnites or Always discreet, though I prefer Goodnites.  They have that young underwear pattern, and Always just feels like women's undies (which is their demographic of course).

I had a pair of trainers from BabyPants, I loved them but they have little/no stretch to them.  I was always on the cusp with them and when I gained a very slight bit they were just too hard to pull on.

I am the same as you when it comes to using trainers.  I'll wet either of them in play or just at home (On the couch, watching a show you don't want to pause?  Oops, someone had an accident!)   And when out on little adventures with my partners it can be part of the game/dynamic.
But I never messed washables.  That's just too much cleaning, and then I'd probably be sad about the stains-  At least disposables can be removed and tossed, then wiped and/or showered up.  I do mess disposable trainers...a lot.

On 9/20/2020 at 5:05 AM, square_duck said:

I do wish that there was someone who would make a decent pull up for adults that is patterned after goodnites!!!!

Tykables cammies are probably the closest to that.

I wear cloth training pants but haven't ever found any with a real fly.  I dribble sometimes, but I generally don't mess my pants.  Sometimes I hold it too long and have small accidents.  Usually cloth diapered at night.

I wouldn't reccomend making in anything made of cloth.  Clean up sucks and takes time.  When/if it happens I start the shower, and the laundry after... you gotta do it right, and you can't do it for just one or two.

I keep a dry pail and wash every week.  I'm mostly dry most nights.  Rinse and wring x2, is usually enough until wash day.

Care of cloth diapers and/or training pants is the same thing.  I had some problems with after wet odor, but found a solution.  Hot wash, no detergent, nothing with PUL, then add the PUL overpants and the smallest amount of detergent you need.  Hang dry or tumble.  Works great.

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone explain cloth training pants to me? If they’re not waterproof, what good are they? Your accident ends up on your clothes. I thought the whole point of training pants was to avoid that.

17 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

Could someone explain cloth training pants to me? If they’re not waterproof, what good are they? Your accident ends up on your clothes. I thought the whole point of training pants was to avoid that.

Cloth training pants, like cloth diapers, need plastic pants over them. Some cloth training pants, have the plastic built into them. 
Like these, they are terry cloth inside, and have plastic pants outside, sewn together into one pant.

FC0D17AA-7515-442E-803F-BB612FBB0ECA.jpeg

That’s the quick simple answer, hope that helped you? 

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I like cloth trainers too.  Like @nonny I too grew up in the 60's and experimented in my teens with multiple layers of undies and accidents.  I only had a few pairs of the double seat undies which were more like trainers (all my undies are double seat now or cloth trainers).  Most trainers I use are multi-layer which need plastic pants if I plan to wet or poo.  I recently had a pair made on Etsy that are great, 4 layers where it counts with a PUL layer that look like undies.  I can wear them undetected and even be a touch wet or have a little poop accident without a problem or staining outer clothes.  If in a setting where one changes like a gym, they would not standout.  The double seat undies are not quite up to the task of a small pee accident.  The brand I use (available M or F)  has an option for more layers up to four I think which of course would need plastic pants.  They have a four layer with plastic layer up front and in back but it has a seam in the crotch so a wetting will always wick to that bottom seam and will leak a bit.  They crinkle a little bit but look exactly like undies and not trainers.  All good fun. 

• 2 months later...