LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Migraines

DailyDi

Weekend got away from me as I've been fighting a migraine since Friday morning. Finally seems to have broken this morning, but still light sensitive so won't be sitting here staring at the glowing box for long.

That's rough. Migraines are the worst. I got a complex migraine onetime and it was freaky. The people around me thought I was having a stroke and I went to the ER. Turned out to just be a complex migraine making half of my body go numb and my vison blur. After the ER I took an Excedrin, slept in the dark room for 4 hours, and was fine. Strangest day of my life.

Thanks all. Thankfully I've found a pain killer combo that actually works pretty well for me, but there's still the light sensitivity, neck pain, nausea and fatigue of a migraine that leaves me just wanting to sleep the weekend away.

my g/f gets bad migraines often. she's sensitive to sounds and some light, but mostly it's just big head hurts for her. it puts her on her ass for the day (sometimes longer) and for the next day or two after it breaks she says she feels "fuzzy". 

she has found some relief with taking grapeseed oil gelcaps. she says they cut her migraines down from a few a week to a few a month, even less. and their severity is down too. when she does get them, she has a head wrap with little gel packs in it she keeps in the freezer. if she catches the migraine early enough, she wrap can even stop it in it's tracks. but this may not work for everyone.

hope you feel better!

As a fellow sufferer, I wish you all the best DailyDi ?

May or may not help for you, but for the pain management during the migraine, gel eye masks that we keep in the fridge seem to help as they a) help to block out the light and b) provide some minor relief to the forehead/eye area!

13 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Thanks all. Thankfully I've found a pain killer combo that actually works pretty well for me, but there's still the light sensitivity, neck pain, nausea and fatigue of a migraine that leaves me just wanting to sleep the weekend away.

Cheat sheet for headaches that works for me and might for you:

-Take your hand and squeze your head at the migrain location like your rubbing it. You will notice if done right that the headache will shift locations

-Uh um...masterbate. Works for me for some reason. I think why it works is because your blood gets diverted from your head to your lower body.

-Drink water, thats sometimes helps

-Donate blood, also helps with blood pressure and you can save a life in the process.

17 hours ago, MegaChar said:

Uh um...masterbate. Works for me for some reason. I think why it works is because your blood gets diverted from your head to your lower body

Why do I get the feeling that you could say that for most ailments?

Me--"Doc, this cold or whatever is making me feel terrible what should I do?"

Doc--"Masturbate, it'll make ya feel better"

Migraines suck.  I myself get them frequently and take prescription medication for them.  The doctors have me on Imitrex and it works great.  If the migraines persist, I reccomend seeing a doctor and finding anything over the counter before asking for prescription medication.  hope you get to feeling better.

Excedrin Migraine, which is just aspirin, the ingredient of Tylenol, and caffeine, has suprisingly worked well for me in the past. I was surprised because it sounded so underpowered compared with prescription meds.

But one characteristic of migraine is its high variability among individuals, so one person may have no benefit from something that brings relief to someone else.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm another one who used to get them. I eventually found that if I caught one soon enough I could take two Excedrin and go lie down in a dark room it would go away sooner. If I could wear plastic panties that seemed to help. One day a few years before I retired I realized that I hadn't had one for a couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 8:25 PM, littleTomás said:

Why do I get the feeling that you could say that for most ailments?

Me--"Doc, this cold or whatever is making me feel terrible what should I do?"

Doc--"Masturbate, it'll make ya feel better"

Well thats the general idea. It seems to work for me. I figured out that pressure gets taken off your head while that process happens which causes the headache to go away for a while. Other things like clogged sinuses, ear infections,high blood pressure are some other causes for migraines.