LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you remember being in diapers as a baby

4 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

That's okay buddy! thanks though.??☺️???????❤️?❤️??????????❤️☺️??

all I can remember is it felt like the texture of oatmeal in my diaper 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JP403 said:

all I can remember is it felt like the texture of oatmeal in my diaper 

Oooooh! Sounds like a pretty good poo-poo to be in for awhile!??☺️❤️?❤️?❤️?????????❤️???❤️?☺️

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Apache Raccoon said:

I remember being in a baby walker and being fascinated by this whicker bin and putting it on my head.

But as far as being a baby, that's my only memory

@Apache Raccoon

I don’t remember being in a baby walker per se, but I do know that I was was an adult, a baby “walker“ wasn’t really a walker at all. When I was a kid, a walker was something that you put a baby in that had a base, they had four wheels, and the kid would be able to push his legs on the floor to push the walker forward as he moved throughout the house. This would allow the baby to strengthen his legs in an effort to walk.

as technology improved, and because of the fact that some kids were pushing their walkers to stairways, and possibly falling downstairs while being in a walker, I think the Consumer Product Safety Commission in the United States made it a rule that a walker could no longer have wheels on them. Instead, they were walkers that had a solid saucer underneath the baby, so that the walker base stays in the same position. I believe therefore in my estimation that this thing was no longer called a “walker“ because you could not move it forward backward or sideways. I think this was done for safety reasons so the kids did not get hurt flying down the stairs head first.

Apparently, it looks like I am wrong, because I guess they still make walkers with wheels, but I guess they are better made than the ones we used in the 70s. I guess when I looked up on the consumer product safety website they said that there was a rule change in 2010 to make Walker safer for babies. The ones that I saw didn’t have wheels at all, and they were just saucers, and I asked someone about that I believe, and they said it was unsafe to have wheels on these things – but I guess I might be wrong there.

I remember a few times as a kid being in diapers myself. My first memory was when I was on the beach at one of the local lakes near my house. My mother would put a diaper on me, then put rubber pants on me, so that I could play in the sand or in the water without any worry of having any problems. She did this quite regularly during the summer, so that I can enjoy having fun with my family friends, or with cousins or other relatives. As much as we could in the summer, I would go to Beaches and campgrounds, so my mom was always prepared for this eventuality.

I also remember a few times when my mom would be changing my diapers, and it was time for me to play, or to take a nap or go to bed. I remember several times my mom putting a diaper on me, and then allowing me to go outside. I used to “W Sit” when I was a kid so that wasn’t as good for my legs, but I do remember and had pictures of me in a very very very puffy diaper out on our back deck. When I was a kid, we had at least two or 3 acres that I could crawl on, and I guarantee you that I had grass stains much of the time I was on the grass, but I had fun outside playing with my toys and in my sandbox.

I also have faint memories of playing with my older brother Richard on the floor, because Richard could not walk and had to have someone carry him everywhere. There were a few times that he was in his crib, and I believe there were times that I got to be in his crib so I could play with him at the same time, or my mom would put him on the floor, and I would crawl to him and play toys with him.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added additional information
  • Like 2

At about age 3 or 4, I remember going down for a nap with rubber pants on.  I don't know if i wet in them but i liked the way I felt safe and secure in them.  By age 5, I wanted desperately to be wearing diapers again.

• 2 months later...

The only time from childhood that I actually remember being in diapers was when I was (briefly) pit back in diapers at age 3.  I had some terrible intestinal illness and couldn't control my bowels.  My mom got tired of cleaning that mess so she got diapers for me until I got over it.

I've thought about this memory so many times over the last 49 years because it seems central to how I developed into the diaper lover I am today (and have been for 4 decades).

Apparently, I was a cloth diapered baby (I learned later), as my mom was a bit old fashioned and had her first child in 1965, before disposables we're common.  But when I fell I'll in 1972, times had changed and, since this was only temporary, I guess she figured just get a box of disposables for the week.  For whatever reason, Mom bought Kimbies - anyone else remember the uniquely-folded Kimbies?  Like a,cradle, so they said, and super comfy   (It was a highlight of my period of vintage disposable collecting when I came across an unopened box of Kimbies from 1971 - the very edition I remember wearing all those years ago.)

My most vivid memory is the bargaining I did with my mom, they jg to stretch of it this unexpected return to diapers - even when fully recovered, is tell mom that I wasn't sure of it was gone or would be back the next time I ate, so "to be safe" I should probably wear my diapers to bed, at least.  I was so forlorn when that magical honeymoon period was over!

I don’t remember being in the kind of walker that is available nowadays. My being-in-a-walker age was about 78 years ago. However, I remember running around in a wheeled stroller that was low enough for my feet to reach the floor. I can’t remember being in a diaper at that stage, but I’m sure that I would have been in a cloth diaper with rubber or plastic pants. Disposable diapers came several decades later.

I have a surprisingly good memory of when I was about 3 or so, where I did a big poo in my diaper while I was in my bedroom upstairs. I went through a period where although I was "out" of nappies I had issues with refusing to poop elsewhere, so when I did have to go I'd say and be put in a nappy until it happened, whether it was shortly after or later. I had a weird thing with pooping where even when wearing a nappy I'd inexplicably hold it because I didn't feel 'ready' - its difficult to describe, I had to go through an almost ritual holding process. In the case of this memory I was doing this even though I was desperate, and only remember alternating between stomping around my bedroom and standing still while straining to keep it from coming out. Eventually some undetermined time later I felt ready and I pooped myself as I stood bent forwards near the bed. For all I know these were unconnected times but my brain stitched them together. I think the only reason I remember this period is because of the mild difficulties I had with getting out of going number two in nappies.

I have various recollections from life around at that age but they are all fairly short, kinda like flashbulb moments. The above memory is one of the slightly more formed ones but even then they aren't anywhere near as fleshed out as slightly later childhood.

• Like 1

I don't remember being in diapers as a baby, but I do remember a certain fascination and interest in diapers at an early age, with experimentation beginning at puberty, and now here I am wet and messy. Like so many others I went through several diaper purgings, guilt, but now I accept that diapers are just a part of who I am.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh yes. I remember many times being in cloth diapers and plastic pants, I remember being changed and having desitin smeared on my butt, I was in diapers untill 4, then cloth trainers with plastic pants, in fact I used to wake up dry in the morning or from a nap and just wet my diaper. I loved the feeling of having the pee run down between my legs and on to my butt. I guess that is where all this came from. mo

• 1 month later...

I wonder which group, cloth or papewr diapewrs has a greater precentage who remember being diapewred. Being diapered in cloth is more complex. I remember seeing the rubber panteis in both cases because they were in my range of vision. I do not remember the diaper or the panties being put on me, just seeing the panties as they were being made ready to put on me

I really lover reading this thread, because most people have a hard time remembering when they stopped wearing diapers, but as I have posted before, as was significantly older when I stopped wearing diapers in the daytime, and I was almost a teenager when I stopped wetting the bed.  I had a issues with potty training and wetting the bed to a much older age than is normal.  I am not sure exactly when I had to stop wearing diapers around the house in the daytime, but I think it was when I was around 9 years of age.  I remember my parents had to notify the school to get special permission to attend wearing diapers.  I also was a very deep sleeper and would typically not wake up until after I was already peeing in the bed which is why I didn't stop wetting the bed until i was around 12 years of age.  As a kid all my mom used was cloth diapers, and also a rubber sheet on the bed for sleeping. 

• Like 3

Yes I wore cloth diapers to school until 4th grade.  Since I was in school all day long, and would need to use my diapers, I would typically go up to the nurses office when I needed to be changed.  Because of my wearing diapers, I was excused from any exercise classes.  Since I was living over in England on an Air Force base for the last 1+ years in which I needed to wear diapers to school, my dad was in the military, we also went on field trips with the school that were up to a week or longer 1-2 times each year.  Just like at the school, someone would be assigned to take care of changing me and keeping my diapers so that it would be less embarrassing then keeping diapers with me.  And yes, kids did find out about my wearing diapers, and I did get teased on several occasions.

• Like 2
On 5/23/2022 at 7:16 PM, TheDisciplineCoupleAndLad said:

I was potty trained at 3, yet still wore nappies till early 4 for various reasons.

- Wetting accidents

- long car journeys 

- parents / caregivers thought it was for the best.

I peed and pooed in my nappy and was changed into another. 

I remember you telling me about an accident at a Babysitters. You really needed a pee and couldn't go upstairs to the loo because of a childlock. You peed yourself and had to wear a nappy. You should have carried on wearing nappies from after waking up at home because this contradicts the other memory of you being put into a nappy at a gathering by your Mother when you had dry pants. Though if you had not been to the toilet for a long time....

Better to be safe than sorry my boy, when it comes to accidents in your underpants. Even if you had spare clothing you may have peed and possibly done poo in those. 

I (we) certainly would have put your bum into a nappy kiddo. 

• Like 1

Some of the posts describe memories of 4 and older. I thought that this was "as a baby", meaning the normally diapereed period which could reach into the 3's. Under certain condtions, I was in diapers at age 9 ecause where I would be staying, the toilet was inaccessible after about 10:00 at night (I would be ready for bed at 8:30), due to the layout of the house, and I really could not hold it for the whole night, while the other person my age was a bedwetter and the others could hold their water through the night and a pot just for me would make no sense. Up ontil I was 8 and would visit the same place, if there was a group of girls to be at someone's house for a whole afternoon, 12:30 to 4:45 if they leived near each other, and tow or more could not hold it comfortably fro at least 2 hours, they would be diapered for the afternoon to cut down on water consumption, until they were 8 or showed that they could hold it for 2 hours comfortably. This was not a problem with boys because they tended to roam. But these are niche cases. Even so, this was considered a continuation or resumption of being diapered as a baby, as was bedwetting. This was because the girl was not considered fully out of diapers. I do not remember ever being diapered for a long trip, like to Bosgton, which took about 2-1/3 hours I was completely otu of diapers from 3 to about 6-3/4 and after that, only on occasions where I stayed over at that house with my two friends Anne and LInda so being diapered for me was not "normal" and extended bagy diapering

• Like 1
On 5/23/2022 at 8:31 PM, Little Babydoll Christine said:

I wonder which group, cloth or papewr diapewrs has a greater precentage who remember being diapewred. Being diapered in cloth is more complex. I remember seeing the rubber panteis in both cases because they were in my range of vision. I do not remember the diaper or the panties being put on me, just seeing the panties as they were being made ready to put on me

I agree that being put into cloth diapers and plastic or rubber panties is more likely to create an impression. I believed for a long time that as a kid I wore cloth diapers and plastic panties to bed probably close to half the time, because of my memories of them, but when I talked about it with my my a couple of years ago, she said that she hated cloth diapers and only used them for backup if she couldn’t get disposables that would fit me for a few days. She said that I went months at a time not wearing cloth diapers, even though my recollection is that I wore them fairly often.

Which do you like or feel at home in more?

• 4 weeks later...

I have (or at least seem to have) a few memories of this, but I have many more memories of wearing diapers (Specifically Pampers) as a toddler and preschooler.