LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Which Will Work Faster?

So I've heard conflicting information regarding the best way to induce urinary incontinence.  Some say leave your sphincter relaxed and let out every dribble as it comes.  Others say to hold it as long as you can in an effort to exhaust the muscles.  So which is actually more effective, and how long should I expect to wait for an indication that it's working?

• Like 1

stay relaxed.Holding just strengthens the muscles. My continence nurse kept on at me to practice holding to help me hold on to what control I still had. I did the opposite and just let my incontinene develop

I can 100% vouch for the idea that holding on as hard as you can will fatigue the relevant muscle but additionally, you are exercising the relevant muscle.

Years ago, I'd held on until wetting myself and experienced subsequent urgency and urge incontinence but it was short term stuff.  i suspect, that which did not kill me in fact made me stronger (if that's your bent)...

I would think totally relaxing the muscles would be more effective than holding.. eventually the muscles will weaken and atrophy rendering them useless. I have been wearing about 3 weeks consistently between thick pull-ups that I wet at work, and diapers every evening and night. I can tell some how the muscles are relaxing. I just try to keep them loose all the time and go with it.

When I first started wearing diapers (again), I thought the waiting until I couldn't hold it anymore would result in the feeling of wetting myself.  I wasn't successful, and when I did release- I typically flooded my diapers.

If you think about it, a diaper works best when you dribble frequently.   Each leak is absorbed and the diaper gradually gets saturated.   If you release a lot of pee at one time, it pools and the pee doesn't necessarily stay in the diaper.    Now if I'm wearing a diaper I try to pee a lot.   Sometimes it's a conscious effort, and sometimes it just happens.  Sometimes I'm in a situation where my bladder is fairly full, and my bladder will lock up.   It's the exact opposite of what I want.

• Like 1

I would say dribble dribble dribble, all day and see how wet you are by the end of it, maybe do this at home at first, just in case you decide to change into dry pants and start again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is all very helpful, thanks guys.  I've been working on staying relaxed all day, but it's hard to remember.  I'll suddenly realize I'm clenching and try to relax, only to find myself clenching again five minutes later.  Maybe I need to set an alarm every half hour or so to remind myself to relax.

This is all very helpful, thanks guys.  I've been working on staying relaxed all day, but it's hard to remember.  I'll suddenly realize I'm clenching and try to relax, only to find myself clenching again five minutes later.  Maybe I need to set an alarm every half hour or so to remind myself to relax.

Maybe wear an incontinence pad to help you relax a little bit more, and get more confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Autiesaurus

I just saw this thread, and I wanted to let everyone know that wanting to become incontinent is a dream of many, but there are always those who feel that it would be FUN or EXCITING to do that.  However, you would have to understand that you are giving up control of bodily functions that you have been trained to use in the toilet.  If there are people who still strive to be incontinent by choice, they should always do it carefully and SAFELY - with that said:

I think that what you should do is just wear diapers as much as you can, and just keep well hydrated - Eventually, you'll have no choice but to pee, and when you do, just relax and let it happen.  Trying to "force your muscles" can hurt you, because you are trying to "Undo" what your body thinks is normal.  You should simply decide that you are just gonna wear 24/7, and when you pee, just let it happen in the diaper, or if poop, let it happen.  After you start peeing or pooping IN your diapers LONG enough, your body will eventually just let go, once you establish a pattern, you can just keep using diapers: You are then going to eventually just pee/poop whenever, and you will find that you will probably NEED them, because you are used to just releasing when you feel that you have anything to release.  In a way, this is a "learning behavior" because you are changing the way you are dealing with your potty habits - However once you do get to the point of "needing" diapers 24/7, then you will most likely  have "learned incontinence."

Eventually, when you feel the need to pee, you will (after a while) be able to just relax, and release what you are holding back - You just want to make sure that whatever diaper you are using can HANDLE the liquid and solids.  Holding so long that you have NO CHOICE than to release, will cause you to flood the heck out of whatever diaper you are wearing, and possibly leak on you, and then you would have wet clothes or furniture.  In order to protect yourself, a good pair of Plastic/Vinyl pants (such as Garywear Active Briefs) should be used, so that whatever you have IN the diaper, does not get all over whatever you wear or sit on.  YOU NEED a GOOD DIAPER and PROTECTION - TRUST ME!

I don't think there is any "faster way" to become incontinent: The "ways" that I have heard could be harmful to you, and whatever you do, you should NOT harm your body  - People who WISH to be incontinent are different then those that are TRULY incontinent:  The ends are the same, but the ways you get there are different.  If you are truly incontinent like me, you have NO CONTROL or very limited control, and could release anything that you have in your bladder or bowels when you first feel it.  If you WISH to be incontinent, this is a thought, and a WISH:  You should not do anything to your body that would forever harm you:  If you keep using diapers, you may lose the ability to hold it over time, and THIS WOULD NOT HARM you - The problem is, that once you decide to become incontinent, and go 24/7, you WILL EVENTUALLY LOSE the control you still have over time, because your body now will not know to hold it back anymore, because you have taught your body that it can release at any time, because the diaper is the place where it now will deposit pee and poop.

Finally, if you are trying to go 24/7 by "learning incontinence," you would have to use diapers all the time.  If you decided that you wanted to retain yourself to use the potty, it will be HARDER to do  - You would, in essence, be doing what your parents did for you when you were originally trained.    

So, if you INDEED want to become incontinent by choice, please be careful and mindful, and safe while doing it - Doing it the wrong way can be harmful to your health!

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 3
On 6/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@Autiesaurus

I just saw this thread, and I wanted to let everyone know that wanting to become incontinent is a dream of many, but there are always those who feel that it would be FUN or EXCITING to do that.  However, you would have to understand that you are giving up control of bodily functions that you have been trained to use in the toilet.  If there are people who still strive to be incontinent by choice, they should always do it carefully and SAFELY - with that said:

I think that what you should do is just wear diapers as much as you can, and just keep well hydrated - Eventually, you'll have no choice but to pee, and when you do, just relax and let it happen.  Trying to "force your muscles" can hurt you, because you are trying to "Undo" what your body thinks is normal.  You should simply decide that you are just gonna wear 24/7, and when you pee, just let it happen in the diaper, or if poop, let it happen.  After you start peeing or pooping IN your diapers LONG enough, your body will eventually just let go, once you establish a pattern, you can just keep using diapers: You are then going to eventually just pee/poop whenever, and you will find that you will probably NEED them, because you are used to just releasing when you feel that you have anything to release.  In a way, this is a "learning behavior" because you are changing the way you are dealing with your potty habits - However once you do get to the point of "needing" diapers 24/7, then you will most likely  have "learned incontinence."

Eventually, when you feel the need to pee, you will (after a while) be able to just relax, and release what you are holding back - You just want to make sure that whatever diaper you are using can HANDLE the liquid and solids.  Holding so long that you have NO CHOICE than to release, will cause you to flood the heck out of whatever diaper you are wearing, and possibly leak on you, and then you would have wet clothes or furniture.  In order to protect yourself, a good pair of Plastic/Vinyl pants (such as Garywear Active Briefs) should be used, so that whatever you have IN the diaper, does not get all over whatever you wear or sit on.  YOU NEED a GOOD DIAPER and PROTECTION - TRUST ME!

I don't think there is any "faster way" to become incontinent: The "ways" that I have heard could be harmful to you, and whatever you do, you should NOT harm your body  - People who WISH to be incontinent are different then those that are TRULY incontinent:  The ends are the same, but the ways you get there are different.  If you are truly incontinent like me, you have NO CONTROL or very limited control, and could release anything that you have in your bladder or bowels when you first feel it.  If you WISH to be incontinent, this is a thought, and a WISH:  You should not do anything to your body that would forever harm you:  If you keep using diapers, you may lose the ability to hold it over time, and THIS WOULD NOT HARM you - The problem is, that once you decide to become incontinent, and go 24/7, you WILL EVENTUALLY LOSE the control you still have over time, because your body now will not know to hold it back anymore, because you have taught your body that it can release at any time, because the diaper is the place where it now will deposit pee and poop.

Finally, if you are trying to go 24/7 by "learning incontinence," you would have to use diapers all the time.  If you decided that you wanted to retain yourself to use the potty, it will be HARDER to do  - You would, in essence, be doing what your parents did for you when you were originally trained.    

So, if you INDEED want to become incontinent by choice, please be careful and mindful, and safe while doing it - Doing it the wrong way can be harmful to your health!

Good Luck!

Brian

While I’m already urinary incontinent due to medical reason I chose to become bowel incontinent. It took me upward of 5 years before the goal was achieved. 5 long years. It’s hard to trick the brain to be sure. But it can be done. I do not believe I could turn it back (not that I want to) I too would never suggest hurting your body in some way to achieve it. And in that 5 years I learned a lot of management skills in dealing with different situations that you’ll need to know.

• Like 2
On 6/21/2020 at 1:08 AM, Autiesaurus said:

So I've heard conflicting information regarding the best way to induce urinary incontinence.  Some say leave your sphincter relaxed and let out every dribble as it comes.  Others say to hold it as long as you can in an effort to exhaust the muscles.  So which is actually more effective, and how long should I expect to wait for an indication that it's working?

I pretty much relax at the first urge and after emptying keep everything relaxed for as long as i can. As time goes on after i finish empting my bladder and bowels into my diaper i find i do not need to concentrate on keeping myself relaxed and the next flows happen without much thought. I can't wait till all i feel is my diaper swelling and getting warm inside without me knowing at all.

• Like 2