LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Telling my mom

Hello everyone. I’m really trying to figure out if I want to tell my mom about my diapers. I’m 42 years old and I know it shouldn’t but I’m thinking about going 24/7. 

when I was 11 she caught me twice. First time I was getting the diaper ready. The second time, I had it on. I hid them under my bed, and she changed our sheets. Around the same time, my little brother found one of them. Then when I was 20 out on my own, my parents drove out to visit and I forgot to throw away a rolled up depends from like an hour before they got there. My dad held it up and said a diaper? I freaked, grabbed it and put it in the garbage saying it was my friend’s daughters. My mom ran a daycare for years, so I’m sure she thought BS. 

What do you think? Does she know?

I suspect she knows.  I think you need to evaluate the risks and benefits of disclosing your diapers to your mother.  Only you can determine this.  For people on this Forum to tell you what to do discredits the context of the relationship you have with family.  Also, what is your motivation to do this?

• Like 1

why would she even need to be told? you live on your own, you are an adult, you can do as you please, my mom knows i wear diapers to bed but that is because of an occasional accident, and she knows im very immature haha, but if your mom isnt being asked to buy the diapers, or change them, or have any involvement with them, i dont see why you want to deal with this.

• Like 3

Ask yourself what do you have to gain by telling her at age 42?  What will it accomplish for you in a positive way, and would that just be your positive for her acceptance?  Do you expect that you can openly wear diapers around her once you have told her?  Is it to ease your conscious?  Then think about what you have to lose.  Your parent's respect for one depending on how they react.  How would you feel if the word got around to friends and relatives should your mom tell someone, even though your plans may be to go 24/7?  How do you think she would react and are you sure of that?  You might think she would react positively and be supportive, but do you feel that way because you are desiring her to act that way?  You are 42 years old and it's your life.  As has been said many time in these forums about others who have asked the same thing, why is your choice of underwear any of your parent's business once you are an adult and out of their home?  Did your mom ever tell you about her thong?  Maybe her sexy lingerie?  Did she ever tell you about her sanitary napkins?  Why then do you feel a need to tell her about your diapers?  The fact that you were caught with diapers as a kid and once when you were on your own at age 20 probably means they know something but if they haven't brought it up to you, then they may think, "Out of sight, out of mind" and just don't care to know about it.  If you want to go 24/7, then do so.  Why does your mom have to know?  There are thousands of people all over the world who have some degree of incontinence and need to wear diapers.  They do so discreetly.  There are members here who wear 24/7 to work and among friends and they say they have not been noticed.  When out and about you don't have to wear a Mega Max around friends or family.  Choose different diapers and outer clothing that hide the fact that you are wearing diapers.  Yes, if you are at Christmas dinner and mess your diaper in front of family, that might be harder to explain, but you can cross that bridge if it ever happens.  I for one will never ever tell anyone I know that I like to wear diapers.  It's none of their business and should someone ever ask me, I would tell them I have a need for them and that would be it.

I would say, as usual, "a closed mouth gathers no foot" If the cat is not out of the bag but in this case, it is halfway out. The better answer may be "Sometimes it is better to let sleeping dogs lie"

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Moochie said:

I suspect she knows.  I think you need to evaluate the risks and benefits of disclosing your diapers to your mother.  Only you can determine this.  For people on this Forum to tell you what to do discredits the context of the relationship you have with family.  Also, what is your motivation to do this?

I really don’t know. I guess it’s because I want to wear 24/7 and I can’t do that unless either I don’t wear around then, hide them, or tell them. It’s so hard. 

6 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Ask yourself what do you have to gain by telling her at age 42?  What will it accomplish for you in a positive way, and would that just be your positive for her acceptance?  Do you expect that you can openly wear diapers around her once you have told her?  Is it to ease your conscious?  Then think about what you have to lose.  Your parent's respect for one depending on how they react.  How would you feel if the word got around to friends and relatives should your mom tell someone, even though your plans may be to go 24/7?  How do you think she would react and are you sure of that?  You might think she would react positively and be supportive, but do you feel that way because you are desiring her to act that way?  You are 42 years old and it's your life.  As has been said many time in these forums about others who have asked the same thing, why is your choice of underwear any of your parent's business once you are an adult and out of their home?  Did your mom ever tell you about her thong?  Maybe her sexy lingerie?  Did she ever tell you about her sanitary napkins?  Why then do you feel a need to tell her about your diapers?  The fact that you were caught with diapers as a kid and once when you were on your own at age 20 probably means they know something but if they haven't brought it up to you, then they may think, "Out of sight, out of mind" and just don't care to know about it.  If you want to go 24/7, then do so.  Why does your mom have to know?  There are thousands of people all over the world who have some degree of incontinence and need to wear diapers.  They do so discreetly.  There are members here who wear 24/7 to work and among friends and they say they have not been noticed.  When out and about you don't have to wear a Mega Max around friends or family.  Choose different diapers and outer clothing that hide the fact that you are wearing diapers.  Yes, if you are at Christmas dinner and mess your diaper in front of family, that might be harder to explain, but you can cross that bridge if it ever happens.  I for one will never ever tell anyone I know that I like to wear diapers.  It's none of their business and should someone ever ask me, I would tell them I have a need for them and that would be it.

Very good points. Thank you very much. A lot of it had to do with her calling me abnormal when she caught me. I guess I just want her acceptance. 

I would just leave it alone, and not tell her. Your 42 yrs old and live alone. You said your dad found a diaper, so I'm sure they already know you wear them. My mom and other family members know that I wear diapers due to my accident. If I wore diapers for pleasure, and for non medical I would never tell my mom or anyone. 

Even though I wear diapers purely for medical reasons, I could not imagine a situation were I would tell my parents, even if they were alive. None of their business, too much risk of ridicule, nothing good comes of it.

23 hours ago, IDDiaperboy said:

Very good points. Thank you very much. A lot of it had to do with her calling me abnormal when she caught me. I guess I just want her acceptance. 

I wouldn't let them know unless you require a caregiver, and they may have to provide that care.    Other than that, they do not need to know, nor do I suspect they want to know.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 5/14/2020 at 2:30 PM, IDDiaperboy said:

. A lot of it had to do with her calling me abnormal when she caught me. I guess I just want her acceptance. 

Think of what you just said.  She called you abnormal when she caught you wearing diapers.  What makes you think her thoughts on the subject have changed and you will suddenly gain her acceptance?  It doesn't add up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 5/14/2020 at 2:38 AM, IDDiaperboy said:

Hello everyone. I’m really trying to figure out if I want to tell my mom about my diapers. I’m 42 years old and I know it shouldn’t but I’m thinking about going 24/7. 

when I was 11 she caught me twice. First time I was getting the diaper ready. The second time, I had it on. I hid them under my bed, and she changed our sheets. Around the same time, my little brother found one of them. Then when I was 20 out on my own, my parents drove out to visit and I forgot to throw away a rolled up depends from like an hour before they got there. My dad held it up and said a diaper? I freaked, grabbed it and put it in the garbage saying it was my friend’s daughters. My mom ran a daycare for years, so I’m sure she thought BS. 

There really is no reason for you to let her know.  I did it over 10 years ago but My mom explains it to me from time to time.  Though as I get older it seems I am getting in need of them.  As I lose control from time to time.  And not Number one I lose control of the back end which is not a pretty sight nor smell. Though you are of age you choose to do what you want to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@IDDiaperboy

I don't think that it is necessary for you to tell your mom anything:  You say you're 42:  At your age, there is no reason to tell her unless there is some sort of medical or other condition where your mom would be involved in helping you to deal with it. 

If you were living at home, and were "experimenting" with diapers, and you were 11 years old then that is different from being 42.  You have to evaluate the reason(s) for wanting to disclose this information.  Do you think that it is important for your mom to know about your using diapers?  Do you know what your Mom would say/do when she is told?  If she is the type to be angry or think negatively, I would not disclose this information - This is your life, and as I said above, there should be a reason to disclose the information:  In my mind, this is based on her "need to know."  Are you prepared for a possible negative reaction?  That can happen, but I would hope for the best, and do what you think is best.

Moms are very smart:  They figure stuff out pretty well, and sometimes, you don't have to say anything because they may suspect it, and you may think "Good, I dodged a bullet" or something like that.  at 11, she had a lot more influence on you and your actions, because you were a minor.

NOW, the decision is YOURS - But I would NOT disclose your diaper use or any associated fetishes or feelings to anyone who does NOT need to know - It is no one else's business other than your own, and you have control of who you disclose it to, and if you are "found out" you could simply say "I need them because of <reason>" to someone, and they should understand - If they don't, then that is their issue, but it it up to you.

10 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

There really is no reason for you to let her know.  I did it over 10 years ago but My mom explains it to me from time to time.  Though as I get older it seems I am getting in need of them.  As I lose control from time to time.  And not Number one I lose control of the back end which is not a pretty sight nor smell. Though you are of age you choose to do what you want to do.

I would agree with @DiaperboyEddie12:   Disclose at your discretion!

Good Luck!

Brian

• Like 1

If you really think you must tell your mom, write yourself a list of pros and cons. If you are living on your own what would you benefit from telling your mom. I know honesty is the best policy, but how do you know it won't freak her out or think something is medically wrong with you. If it is a guilt feeling you will get over that. I dressed as a woman for work for many years and never told my wife. I did my job and I paid the bills. We got divorced for infidelity issues on her part. I never told anyone but my present day girlfriend that is also a diaper lover. If you think she already suspects you of wearing,, keep it at that. You are a 42 yr old man and there is really no reason for telling. Think about it and I am sure you will make the right choice. Good luck to you and stay diapered !

• Like 1