LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Messing whilst asleep

I have had several daytime messing accidents recently but for the first time last night woke up to find I was messing my diaper. I’d be interested to know if this happens to anyone else and is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again.

It was happening to me every night because I am totally bladder and bowel incontinent due to a ruptured disc in my lower back. Now I do an enema before bed every night and that has eliminated the majority of my night time messes. I still have daytime messes, but I can normally change right away when that happens.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:04 PM, Suzie said:

I have had several daytime messing accidents recently but for the first time last night woke up to find I was messing my diaper. I’d be interested to know if this happens to anyone else and is there anything I can do to prevent it happening again.

It has happened to me on occasion but not often although I wet in my sleep every night. I have mentioned it to my doctor and have had several bladder and bowel checks done. No complete diagnosis has ever been offered. It is thought my diabetic neuropathy is the main cause of my incontinene.

Now I do an enema before bed every night and that has eliminated the majority of my night time messes.
--------------------------

Isn't that unhealthy? I heard doing it on occasion is okay but every day?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

pretty well every night people asked me how i do it well one diet helps a lot and years of messing your diaper doesn't hurt as well as i sleep like a log. so when a normal person with have the urge to poop my body just does it i get a tingle of need and it just comes out.  no matter if im a sleep or awake. this can be a problem sometime 

Fillemup is quite correct in his use of enemas.  The use of enemas to manage fecal incontinence is part of the medical treatment pyramid after lifestyle, dietary changes, and laxatives. 

For years I have administered old-fashioned soapsuds enemas every morning to manage my bowel incontinence.  That is done with the full approval of my doctors. 

It is almost 100% effective, can be done at a time of my choosing and in the privacy of my home.  Afterward I do not have to worry about the possibility of a bowel accident for the rest of the day.

--John (double incontinent)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

1 X's -2 X's a month I will mess during the night ,due to complex medical problems I take a medication that controls my bowels ,ordinarily I mess 4 X's a day and by 8 PM everything has been put in my diaper that's going to be ,on those rare occasions I will mess a 5 th time during the night ,I don't have any warning until I am filling my diaper when awake ,so add to that I take 60 Mg of Temazepam every night and a bomb can go off and i probably wouldn't notice !

As I am always more aggressively diapered then I will need before I am changed and use good barrier cream that my aide reapplies at every change,a messy night isn't much different than a daytime one ,the diapers get washed regardless of wet or wet & messy .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

@needchanging49

I have messed in my sleep, although when I did, it was because of my IBS:  I have also had situations where I am sitting down, and what happens is I feel that I have to have a BM, and I can't even push up to transfer to my wheelchair to get to the bathroom.  I simply feel it, and BANG - Messy diaper!  This occurred a LOT during June, July and August of 2019, and I finally said "ENOUGH" and asked the doctor for diapers.  I also was NOT sleeping very well, because I would be on the potty for a couple hours a few times at night, so wearing diapers allows me to do whatever i have to.  Peeing is NO PROBLEM, and if I need it, I do a BM in the diaper: Especially when I am dealing with flare ups.

I have also awakened in the morning to find that either I dropped a small amount of mess in the diaper, or that I see "skidmarks" in my diaper.  When that happens, I am GLAD I have my diaper on, and each time I see that, it validates the decision I made in 2020 - 24/7 diapers is easier then cleaning up messy or wet accidents.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Added Additional Information