LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cycling in nappies

Stroller

I thought my cycling days were over - my bike's been in the outhouse for years hardly touched.  But, a few weeks ago I wrote my car off.  I've ordered a new one, but there's a long wait for delivery, & when Mummy's at work or away (as she is this week), I've got no transport.  It's three miles to the nearest shop, and another three miles back, and the novelty of the walk's starting to wear off.  So, today I dug my bike out, oiled the chain, and rode to the shop, in onesie and cargo shorts.  I'd no idea how that would work in nappies, but it turns out to be more comfortable than without them.  I'm not sure how advisable a long ride would be, but a short ride works great.  I'm in cloth nappies, so there's no danger of them disintegrating, and my plastic pants seem to have been unaffected.  I'm dead pleased with this!

• Thanks 1

...I've cycled a few times in diapers. Once I had 5 or 6 miles to go I took my shorts off and pedaled the remainder in the cloth diapers. Was almost getting dark and I doubt anyone saw me. Really didn't care if they did. Maybe someone would offer up a "change" LOL

• 1 year later...

I read "outhouse"...... here in the US that has a completely different meaning!  ?   And... if I saw a bike in an outhouse, I'd probably leave it untouched as well!  ?

But I figured out what you meant and we'd call it a shed --- though I've also heard that term used for detached garages.

...I have probably bicycled well over 800 miles since my first response and I've learned not to wear too thick of cloth diapers. Used two cloth diapers several times and they really want to bunch up between your legs after about 25 miles in and to the point where it's not enjoyable to barely finish the ride. Also, plastic pants will make you sweat enough to where the diaper will be soaked by the time you're done(not really a bad thing, but it will happen). So far, to me the best combo is one daytime gauze cloth diaper and a pair of those fabric non-waterproof diaper covers like from Big Tot(pictured).

image6.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I bike pretty frequently, while diapered, and my usual trip is about 16 miles. I wear disposables. Usually diaper (plastic backed) + single booster. I also wear biking shorts, so lots of padding between me and the seat, which actually makes it nice and comfortable. I don't have any issue with chafing between the legs or anything. While the biking shorts are form-fitting, they're also black, so unless you're a couple feet away, you can't tell that they're thicker than usual, especially since I'm hunched over.

I don't have any issue with sweat soaking the diaper as babypb mentioned with his experiences. I sweat sure, but not enough to make any noticeable impact on the diaper.

I ride about 5000 miles a year, and while I've tried a few short rides with a diaper on I'm pretty sure I'd end up with some severe chaffing and saddle sores if I tried more.  I've never really tried riding that far in a diaper.  I wear bib shorts which would keep it up and in place.  

I recently rented a bicycle whilst in Serbia after not having been on a bicycle in several years. The seat was very hard, so I'm not sure how that factored into my experience. I wore a thick diaper during my 4-hour-long ride around the city. I had to get off the bicycle several times as my diaper got all bunched up with my member to the point it hurt. As the day progressed, I got very saddle sore to the point I was very glad to drop off the bicycle at the end of my ride. It certainly wasn't as an enjoyable of an experience as I remembered my diapered bicycle rides to be as a teenager.

Can't vouch for cycling, but I was a  marathon runner for about a decade.   While I never did my long runs in a diaper, I used to do a lot of them "point to point" and I'd switch into a diaper a the end of the run for the ride home (on the subway)

36 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

For all of you padding cyclists, do you have problems with chafing? Ways or products that prevent it?  I'd think chafing would be a big problem- or do disposable diapers chafe faster/ more than cloth?

For any aggressive exercise, I highly recommend Bag Balm on the leg elastic areas as a preventative.  It's good and sticky, so it'll maintain the moisture barrier.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2020 at 2:33 PM, Cute_Kitten said:

For all of you padding cyclists, do you have problems with chafing? Ways or products that prevent it?  I'd think chafing would be a big problem- or do disposable diapers chafe faster/ more than cloth?

...I've ridden up to 74 miles in diapers, but I always wear cloth diapers so I have never experienced any chafing. I have found out though you can be padded too much in cloth to the point where after 25-30miles it's almost painful. I found the best combo for me is one daytime gauze cloth diaper with a pair of those "BigTot" stretchy fabric diaper covers work best. I wear this under just ordinary gym shorts.