LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastic Pants in the UK

Occasionally I wear cloth nappies but unlike when I wear disposables I always worry about leaking. So much so that instead for using to capacity like I would a disposable I tend to wet just the once (using 60x60) and change straight away.

I have a large collection of plastic pants but, other that a pair from Cosy N Dry, they are for show rather than being functional.

Can anyone recommend a pair of plastic pants available in the UK that can do the job they’re meant to?

7 minutes ago, Forced2wet said:

Can anyone recommend a pair of plastic pants available in the UK that can do the job they’re meant to

I wear polyurethane pants from Arizona Care all day every day, and sometimes at night too.  They work for me, and delivery is generally very quick.  As with any plastic pants you need to get them big enough so they will cover the whole nappy without the nappy poking out at the edges - but you'll know that already.  I'm 34 inch waist & normally I wear their Mediums with my daytime cloth nappies (Snuggleblanks).  If I'm wearing a 4ft terry square (overnight sometimes) then Large is better for me.  Both are very comfortable for long-term wear, & PU is thin, hardwearing, & isn't affected by oily things in the way that vinyl or PVC is.

I love wearing plastic pants. A good pair that fit well shouldn't leak, you do need to make sure you tuck all the nappy in to prevent leaks, Drylife are my favorite ones and i don't have any problems with leaks.

Check on the size you are using. The key meaxurements are wasit & leg, crotch width and side seam length. If one of these is too small then move up to the next size. Especially good is a size arrangement, usually based on waist, that is very wide such as S 28-38, M 2-42, L 38-49 or like that. If your waist is size 38, you can pick  from one of thses with the relevant variable being either crotch or side seam. I use about 12" and 13 respectively. Also, you can probably go abouve the "recommended" size, since if you are a size 38, a 40-50, having an "unstreatched" real size of about 37 will fit you fine. In the LL Medico/Gary line, I can use from Small to 3XL

What you want is for the diaper to be fully covered by the watermproof material with some to spare if you can get it

• 1 month later...

I, almost always, wear Suprima plastic pants that I get from https://www.saveexpress.de/ in Germany. There, that is the advertising done. No, I don't have any affiliation! But they have good stock and deliver quickly, albeit they are a bit expensive. The plain 1205 pants are good and the size increments means that you can get a good fit. I also have 1312 pants for day wear. I tried the Gary pants but find the thigh fitting a bit tight, although the quality of the plastic is really good. I might buy one of the Gary plastic sheets for the bed, they look really nice! As for a nappy, I get a roll of 550gsm terry and make my own, super comfy, super thirsty and last a while.

I've just bought some Gary plastic pants from nappiesrus. They fit great and feel like decent qaulity that are up to the job. Haven't put them into proper use yet, but I'll report back when I have.

Most plastic pants don't last more than a few months, before the welding give up, and you have holes.

Anyone who can recommend and knows where to buy thick and durable plastic pants within europe (7 mil or 6 mil, thickness)

• 2 months later...

Hi Forced,

I buy the plastic pants that are my everyday covers from Amazon but I’m not sure if you have access to the same merchandise in the UK. Also, remember that the diaper is the absorbent portion of the diaper/cover combination. Expecting the plastic pants to contain the liquid is like trying to wear just the plastic cover sheet from a disposable and expecting it to not leak. All either do is isolate the wet absorbent material from your surroundings. The plastic pants that I get from Amazon are white Haian pullon pants that are $13.99 US for a package of (2) plus $3.99 shipping (one charge for as many packages as you order). It takes 2-3 weeks for them to arrive from China so I usually order 4 packages, 8 pair at a time to keep my cost down to around $7.50 US each. These pants have enclosed elastics to prevent wicking or allergic reaction to the elastic. They are more resistant to hardening from urine and/or poop than some of the more expensive ($18-$22 each) pants that I’ve tried. The great thing about cloth is their wicking ability so the whole diaper is used. Also, you can keep adding layers until you get to what you need to handle your situation. I have both disposables for out and about and cloth for home but as you probably can tell cloth is definitely my preference. Stay padded!???

• 5 months later...
On 7/9/2019 at 1:23 PM, Forced2wet said:

Occasionally I wear cloth nappies but unlike when I wear disposables I always worry about leaking. So much so that instead for using to capacity like I would a disposable I tend to wet just the once (using 60x60) and change straight away.

I have a large collection of plastic pants but, other that a pair from Cosy N Dry, they are for show rather than being functional.

Can anyone recommend a pair of plastic pants available in the UK that can do the job they’re meant to?

Is that 60 x 60 centimetres or inches?

I'll go out on a limb and say that's 60" x 60".   If it were 60cm x 60cm, that would be 23.6" x 23.6" and that would be barely toddler sized.   

I know at least one person here who said he uses a 60"x60" cloth with a Chinese fold which makes the back wings 60" end-to-end unless it's a modified Chinese fold of some sort.

I use 36" square flats but they cannot be folded in a Chinese fold because that would require folding into a quarter size, then unfolding one side into a right-triangle but the resulting hypotenuse would only be 36".

Edited by DL-Boy
Correct "dimensions" (was incorrectly entered as "area")

It depends on your size and the fold you want to try.  I'm 34 inch waist, & a 4 ft square in the Chinese fold or kite fold gives me a good low-rise fit (ie 48"x48").

Btw 60 square inches is a completely different thing from 60"x60", which is 60 inches square - 60 times bigger that 60 square inches, which might possibly fit your teddy...

52 minutes ago, Stroller said:

It depends on your size and the fold you want to try.  I'm 34 inch waist, & a 4 ft square in the Chinese fold or kite fold gives me a good low-rise fit (ie 48"x48").

Btw 60 square inches is a completely different thing from 60"x60", which is 60 inches square - 60 times bigger that 60 square inches, which might possibly fit your teddy...

Yes, you're right.  Wrong terminology.  60"x60" is actually 3600 sq in.  (sounds really huge though, doesn't it?)

I've corrected my above message accordingly.

Incidentally, a 48" x 48" square using a Chinese fold will give a 48" back wing, tip-to-tip with the back to front dimensions under the crotch being 24".  Even though I'm good at origami, I'm not familiar with the kite fold per se, so I can't speak to the folded dimensions at this time.

I prefer cloth diapers and snug fitting plastic pants. As for the diapers over time I bought a couple of terry cloth diapers from Cuddlz, 48"x 48" and 60”x 60” I like these a lot. These diapers are quite thick, absorb a lot and are very soft to the touch. I use a kite fold when using the 48” diaper and a pitman fold when I wear the 60” diaper. I also order plastic pants from them. Their pants are made from a grainy type of vinyl, some call it hospital grade vinyl, but I like the feel and the noise it makes if you go with your hand over these pants. To me the looks the noice and the feel are very authentic and bring me back to what I would have worn when I still was a baby.

You might try Fabimonti for plastic pants. Their plastic is different from anyone else's I've seen; very soft but with a taffeta finish which has the lines closer together than most but still gives that zing when you move your fingernail across it...and especially if you get something black it catches light in interesting ways.

I'll just jump in here on the plastic pants - I had issues for years as well with leaking; the best plastic pants I've found are the "Gary" pants Nappies'r'us do, but the best leak protection I've got is a pair of custom made rubber pants, made by a friend. They're not exactly discrete but I've had no leaks yet, despite very heavy wetting in cloth nappies.

There are plenty of rubber fetish sites that do custom clothing - try those if you don't know anyone in person. Just be sure to be clear with them about sizes; you'll want an inch or two off your thigh measurements to make sure you get compression for a decent seal. I'd get them chlorinated as well, so they don;t stick to everything.

2 hours ago, Kinkypants99 said:

I'll just jump in here on the plastic pants - I had issues for years as well with leaking; the best plastic pants I've found are the "Gary" pants Nappies'r'us do, but the best leak protection I've got is a pair of custom made rubber pants, made by a friend. They're not exactly discrete but I've had no leaks yet, despite very heavy wetting in cloth nappies.

There are plenty of rubber fetish sites that do custom clothing - try those if you don't know anyone in person. Just be sure to be clear with them about sizes; you'll want an inch or two off your thigh measurements to make sure you get compression for a decent seal. I'd get them chlorinated as well, so they don;t stick to everything.

The best, most realistic, childrens' style rubber panties are made by Babykins

https://www.babykins.com/collections/frontpage/products/kins-original-rubber-pull-on-adult-diaper-cover-11000

Other good ones are from Protex

https://www.myprotex.com/collections/rubber-pants

Ther bette ones being the "overnight". To my knowledge, all ship  worldwide

This is what I am in. and I routinely go over 12 hours without a change

54 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

The best, most realistic, childrens' style rubber panties are made by Babykins

https://www.babykins.com/collections/frontpage/products/kins-original-rubber-pull-on-adult-diaper-cover-11000

Other good ones are from Protex

https://www.myprotex.com/collections/rubber-pants

Ther bette ones being the "overnight". To my knowledge, all ship  worldwide

This is what I am in. and I routinely go over 12 hours without a change

I'd say it depends what you're after - the custom made ones are very effective, and it matches my mental picture of what they should look like. We part filled them from the shower when we first got them, and they didn't leak until I started playing with the legs!

All the same, I like the moulded vintage style ones from the second link you posted. I have a pair of the daytime pants already in fact - I have to admit, I find they leak because of the bare elastic seal. Are the night time ones any better?

DSC_5998.JPG

From the email they sent me. It should also be part of the description of any "overnight" item

:... But WHAT is an "Overnight" Pant? 

Our "Overnight" pants feature a higher waistband for fuller coverage, perfect for sleeping or lounging"

Besides which, we are not all rich

Do you have any issues with leakage/wicking around the legs with the elastic though? I appreciate though plastic/rubber pants are very particular when it comes to sizing.

Not sure of the "not all rich" comment was aimed at me? I'm not either, I payed about $50, which Isn't much more than the overnight pants you shared? I went to an individual latex maker on fetlife though, not a large company.

42 minutes ago, Kinkypants99 said:

Do you have any issues with leakage/wicking around the legs with the elastic though? I appreciate though plastic/rubber pants are very particular when it comes to sizing.

Not sure of the "not all rich" comment was aimed at me? I'm not either, I payed about $50, which Isn't much more than the overnight pants you shared? I went to an individual latex maker on fetlife though, not a large company.

So seldom it does not matter

From what I understand custom made rubber anything is up there in the stratosphere $$$wise. Not all ofus have frinds who can do tht kind of thing so we would need it done professionally

I think you'd be surprised, even with the professional firms. Kinky diapers do very similar for about Eur.90: https://shop.kinkydiapers.com/ . I know that's not cheap, but it's not astronomical either.

I'd say with WRT the more amateur makers, have an ask around on the rubber groups on fetlife. There may be people in your area who can help, or at least point you in the right direction. Even in our local area, I know three people who make rubber clothing. If people are further afield, I'm sure they wouldn't mind posting them - only downside is they can't measure you directly.

What I'm getting at really is it took me a very long time to find waterproof pants that worked well. All the types I've bought off the shelf have leaked, so it was worth a bit extra to have custom ones made.

By the bye; do you have a cousin whse last name is "Boots" (speaking of plastic pants)?

I may have to hunt down that blonde and turnher into a frog if I grow up. There is room in this world for only ONE adorable blonde!!