• P (Preemie)
    • NB (Newborn)
    • XS (Extra Small)
    • S (Small)
    • M (Medium)
    • L (Large)
    • XL (Extra Large)
    • XXL (Extra-Extra Large)
    • XXXL (Extra-Extra-Extra Large, yes this exists, I saw it on an asian diaper commercial)

• 1 month later...

I wish I could still fit into size 7 children's diapers - that would be my "play age" preference - but for me, large is the size in everything but NorthShore's Megamax, which has a generously-sized medium cut. I had been wearing medium diapers when I started out but while they might be a bit easier to disguise under clothing, leaks are more frequent, and also, I suspect that I've gained weight over Covid, so large is the prescription these days.  

Medium.  I don’t think I would be able to fit into any diapers that are baby size or toddler size. There are people on DD who can fit into those size diapers, and if they can that is awesome because then their cost go down considerably. Unfortunately, baby diapers are not built for the capacity and volume of adult releases. When I started using diapers in 2019, they gave me the cheapest ones possible, and I use them for approximately a month and then had to call them, And tell them that I needed something better and I wanted the best they had. Because of me being a hard charger, and a guy that does not take no for an answer, I got my megamaxes

my diapers are really designed for incontinent users. I remember having several conversations with the state of Vermont because they have this protocol that says that everyone needs to be “changed every two hours“ and that they shouldn’t be left in diapers too long: this is an appropriate protocol, but if you’re changing diapers every 5 to 10 minutes because they don’t want you to get rashes, then they should be making it better for the person who hast to use diapers. By this I mean, you get a person who uses diapers the best that you can get them, because they last longer and they’re able to deal with the releases and all of the problems that you deal with: wetness, Rash, skin breakdown, wetness, smell, and you name it. The idea here is not to put someone in a diaper that last five minutes and then change them again simply because they say that there is a limit. The idea here should be that someone should be able to be comfortable if they have to use those things and I don’t believe that Medicare or Medicaid understand what it is like to be incontinent, to use the diapers that The state or the government authorize. All of them that I have spoken to agree that the product that we are given is the lowest possible quality because of the fact that they are required to change so much, so they figure that you don’t have to have quality you just have to have quantity.

Now that I have diapers that are designed for what they are used for, I am a lot more comfortable. The idea here I should not be to give us the cheapest stuff possible: all that results in is people who are consistently having problems with skin breakdown rashes and other problems that are common with  having incontinence.  I’d rather have the diapers I have now, and have a supply of diapers that are designed for what they are used for, rather than to have someone design “paper towels” to put on my butt to use as my bathroom, because they want people to go cheap.

nowadays, you don’t see many children in plastic backed anything, unless they are past the age of 12, and are in youth size diapers. There are people who are disabled that use diapers all the time, and because of the way people are sometimes, they use the diapers that work for them the best. When I was a kid, in 1972, the only diapers that we had were either cloth diapers or pampers. These things were plastic, White, crinkly, and puffy and smelled like heaven. When you walked into a room where you had a box of pampers diapers or any other diapers in those days, you knew darn well that they were there and you didn’t even have to look for them you just smell them.  With all of the things that have changed over the years, there is no more “diaper smell” that we grew up with, because all of the perfumes and plastics have been removed from the diapers except for probably those plastics that are required for the leg gathers or for the tapes or for the stretchy sides.  

I am a DL and not in a AB, Although I may have tendencies towards that if I like diapers, I am not sure. What I am sure of is that there are days when I wish that we could get the type of diapers we had when we were kids, so that we could relive all the things that we had to deal with when we were changed. Of course there are the SDK diapers by Rearz, And ABDL type diapers, That are made, but we all know that those diapers cost a lot of money because you’re basically taking baby diaper, making it bigger, so there is a copy of it, and then setting up your machines to make those diapers.  As @DailyDiand @AwakenEvilHave let us know in the past, adult sized baby diapers are extremely expensive. I believe this is because you have to make so many adjustments to make sure that you have the diapers exactly the way you want them, so that you can run them all in one batch. It is not as easy to run a batch of adult diapers as it would be to set a machine to run baby diapers, because they don’t normally change too much except for the size or maybe the color.  What I understand, what you were doing is basically taking a copy of a baby diaper, and then taking an adult diaper and making a bigger version of it, or taking the shell from one of the other and attaching it to the adult diaper so that you can have those type of diapers. This is why they are expensive to make, and I don’t doubt that they can cost a lot of money.

At any rate, I would not be able to fit into any “baby diapers“ or “toddler diapers“ I’m just too big for that: as I said there are people here who can do that, and if they can and they can use those type of diapers, then it would be to their advantage. Unfortunately, most of us have to use the adult size diapers, and because of my waist size, I would not be able to enjoy a baby diaper to the extent someone else would unless I were to go to buy some from LFB or Rearz, or some other place that sells them. As a kid I think the last time I wore a diaper was when I was two or 2 1/2?

Brian

• 2 weeks later...