LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

1 hour ago, FretaBWet said:

In my mind they might use the privacy not to pat you down but make to disrobe to some extent. I thought it might be less invasive with a long line of witnesses.

I had a very similar thought. If we take this out of line, then all urgency (except on my part) evaporates, decorum can similarly be dispensed with, and I might find myself in a room with a couple of very bored and perhaps-ill-suitedly (I made a word up there) empowered security agents looking to entertain themselves and make me late for my flight. Or they might be shockingly empathetic. But the nature of my personality and my life experiences thus far leads me to expect the former. Plus, requesting a private screening might raise questions, or at least eyebrows, on the part of my colleagues, were they to notice. 

7 hours ago, oznl said:

So, were you wet or dry at the time?  Can you recall?

I believe that I was entirely dry. The airport was 15 minutes from our hotel, security was the first line that we hit (no checked bags and we checked in online), and exactly the last thing I did before leaving my hotel room, was to change my diaper, aside from putting a tip next to the coffee machine (thank you for wordlessly making my nappies disappear, for though they were bagged, the weight of them had to have told a story... either I repeatedly ordered enormous sandwiches that I didn't enjoy, or....). I held it until after my Patta cake molestation was complete. 

My theory has always been that wet underpants might show up as inspection-worthy density, and, further to that, were they to decide that I looked like the sort to pack explosives around my wedding tackle, such that I ended up in a room lined with one-way glass, that it would be *marginally* less embarrassing to have a dry diaper inspected, versus a damp one. I generally do not wear baby pants emblazoned with winged ponies through airports, for the same reason; they might swing the temperature in the room from "poor chap" to "bloody weirdo". 

Another quick note... I have another medical scan this afternoon, a routine follow-up process that I've been engaged in for years now, and they are always uneventful. Except for the last one, during the Great Plague (to quote @oznl), wherein they gave me a disposable paper gown to wear, I guess because the standard reusable ones either weren't confusing and humiliating enough, or, because they were obviously vectors for disease, something which seemed not to have occurred to anyone for the preceding century or so of medical advancements. Presumably, a potentially-contagious sick person had worn a reusable hospital gown once or twice? But a bureaucracy loves an opportunity to devise rigid new mandatory procedures - it's why they exist - so, I was handed a prepackaged, disposable paper gown, and instructed to wear it over just my underwear, which happened to also be prepackaged and disposable. 

The bureaucracy betrayed me again, in allowing building maintenance to slip, such that the light over the cubicle I was assigned to change in was burned out, which prevented me from fully appreciating the translucency of the fine paper product I was wearing, until I was under the harsh autopsy-suite lighting of the main, public waiting area again. The visibility of my Elite Hybrid Diaper (I remember this moment like it was yesterday) was brought to my attention when one of the nurses or medical secretaries rushed over to drape me in a second gown, as soon as I entered the room. 

SO, we'll see if they've gone back to the normal gowns. I shall wear my plainest diaper, and hope for the best.  

21 hours ago, oznl said:

... I simply don’t fly anymore but I WAS clearly on a collision course with those infernal nude-O-scopes.

I’ve been repeatedly told by North American folk on this place and others that going through dry should be enough to pass unscathed however my experience here in Australia (these things were JUST starting to be rolled out down here) suggested otherwise.  I got pulled for a perfectly dry pullup: repeatedly.

@oznl My personal experience with the US nude-o-scopes is that I get pulled when wearing, which now is all the time.  Also note that I normally wear cloth, not disposable. However, now that we have some rather good (ABDL influenced high capacity) disposable diapers, I might try those when needed in the future.  Unfortunately, the way I sweat will still likely cause me to get pulled over even if they compensate for the disposable's normal contents.

Prior to needing diapers before the security check, one nude-o-meter found a flaw of an extra partial layer of cloth in how one pocket in my pants was manufactured and flagged it for further inspection.  Since then I think the machines have been reprogrammed, but who knows.

And with what I currently wear, which is usually a (layered) cloth diaper that can take care of business if I happen to nap at the right time, I believe I'm 100% for secondary inspection.  The first time I wore coming home and had to go through the nude-o-scope, I was asked to have private screening....  And yes, they saw and touched what they wanted before passing me on (I believe including explosive check from a cloth wipe down -- OK, that time they had to verify the chemical they found was sun screen....)....  Pants were only loosened - opened up, but....  Any way.....  More recent checks have only resulted in pat downs (accepting not needing to go to a private area for additional screening).  So, this "theater" of security, well...  I should stop commenting here....

15 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

... I would love to hear the experience of someone singled out that accepted the private screening. In my mind they might use the privacy not to pat you down but make to disrobe to some extent. I thought it might be less invasive with a long line of witnesses.

@FretaBWetSee my response to @oznl above.  Yes, the pat down without privacy is less invasive than the option of private screening.  The time I was more or less required private screening their only suggestion for "next time" was to call ahead to give advance notice....  In my opinion they should be ready to handle folks that show up at any time....  Not sure how far one can push US ADA rules.....

• Like 2

Interesting, @zzyzx. I think I'll stick with just taking my lumps in public, and not going off to the private screening area, unless they insist, which hasn't happened. I was screened in the UK and the officer looked at the screen, called over an older officer, and the older guy said "He's good to go." I've been screened where they didn't even blink, just waved me on. It seems to be at least partially up to the discretion of the person operating the machine. I will also stick with my policy of not wearing anything overtly ABDL under such circumstances.

I wore a very not-ABDL diaper to the MRI yesterday, a NorthShore Supreme in white. I was looking for a diaper with reasonable capacity, not too loud, not too bulky, and also, as vanilla as they come. The Supreme filled the bill. As I detailed earlier, my last experience being scanned, which happened mid-pandemic, involved a transparent disposable gown, and a Rearz Elite Hybrid, which is a white diaper, but a somewhat sizeable one. It was the whiteness that betrayed me, though, as the diaper practically glowed under the bright lighting of the waiting room.

This time, they were back to the reusable gowns of old. The light blue gown I was given was refreshingly easy to operate, and it covered everything nicely - no gaps at the sides or back. I was reminded once again of how wearing a dress or skirt must be a little more complicated... you always have to be continually running a background process whereby you evaluate all lines of sight and try to avoid inadvertent displays of the undercarriage. I'm glad I'm a male of the species - it's worth dying a few years earlier, in exchange for vastly reduced wardrobe complexity, in my opinion. 

The gown was not perfectly opaque... under the blue-white LED's that have replaced blue-white fluorescents, a ghost of the diaper was detectable... but I was really looking for it. I think that most people wouldn't have noticed or cared - the vague whiteness could be briefs, and anyway, who looks that closely at the middle-aged, slightly pudgy male form? Maybe a blue diaper would show up a bit less. Shrug. 

In other news, I scored an own-goal that I couldn't own up to. I was working outside again, preparing the property for the cruel weather to come, and wearing a Rearz Select. It's a comfy diaper, of medium capacity; the single-tab-per-side design, while nostalgic, tends to allow the front to sag open a bit, so you have to be careful not to tuck your shirt into your diaper. Since I was working around my house and had a fall vest on, I didn't wear a onesie, just the diaper under jeans. I got a lot done, which I was very happy with, while dribbling away. My wife and daughter were out. They came home just as I was wrapping up, and planning to take a shower, however my daughter wanted to use our shower, so I waited. 

When she was done and had headed off to bed, I did what I usually do, which was to drop my jeans. I'd planned to go shower and get changed right away, but my wife put a show on that she wanted me to see part of - a renovation show where they'd done a laundry room up with a bunch of clever storage. I knew my diaper was pretty heavy, but, I didn't think it was past safe operating limits... but I also didn't think about how long I'd been in it (past 8 hours) or how active I had been (active). SO, I sat on my side of the bed and watched the show she wanted, still occasionally dripping into the diaper, then got up, showered, and put a new diaper on. 

On returning to my side of the bed, I noted a slight dampness where I'd been sitting, and I ran my hand over it, surreptitiously... crap. I'd leaked into the comforter on my side. My wife was talking about how she had a busy morning on the docket, and that she wanted to turn the lights out, and I generally want to go to bed before she does... so I didn't want to embark on stripping down the bed, and most particularly, NOT because "Well, honey, my diaper leaked." So I just crawled into bed, but, I kept rolling into contact with the damp spot, and I was irritated with myself and didn't sleep well. When I head down for lunch, if she's out or otherwise, busy, I'll probably take the opportunity to wash the comforter. Rookie error. 

The only unexpected pitfalls I can come up with are a leaky diaper, an unintentional exposed diaper. or if incontinent, a messy diaper. I am not incontinent so out of courtesy to others i don't mess in public, but I am enjoying a wet and messy diaper right now at home in the early morning hours.

• Like 1

In thinking about it further, while laundering my bedding, I guess I could have side-stepped the issue I had yesterday, by wearing plastic pants over my diaper, but, I still have this weird hang-up about wearing plastic pants in front of my wife. That extends to cloth diapers by default, I guess - I haven't spent a lot of time in cloth diapers without a cover... 

I've tried to psychoanalyze this before; in a nutshell, I think it comes down to having been very self-conscious about wearing cloth diapers as a kid. I could hide disposables pretty effectively under clothes, and put them on and take them off by myself, but when it was cloth diaper time, I went back to being a toddler, essentially, lying down to be diapered, and I felt like my bulky cloth diaper and bellowing plastic pants were visible from space, no matter what I had on over them. Those are sensations I might enjoy now, by choice, but back then, it was too much of a good thing - I liked wearing diapers and feeling little, but not stark infantilization that I had no control over. Plus, one pair of my plastic pants was inherited from my sister, and had faded pink elastics. Again, now, I might think that was cute, but back then, anything that could be interpreted as "girly" was abhorrent, and wearing diapers that were girly were about the worst. We had a strict code of conduct - if a boy showed up at school with his sister's socks on, he might never live it down. If anyone had caught wind of me sharing plastic pants with my sister, I would have had to enter the witness protection program. 

That said, I've confirmed from a couple of sources that as much as I vividly remember wearing cloth diapers, in reality, my mom didn't like them, and I was apparently rarely in them. But the impression they left on me is as large as they were. 

During divorce, I temporarily moved back into my parent's home. They were well aware of my vision and incontinence issues. Before leaving to a scheduled event, my mother noticed a lot of crinkling from me while on the way out of the house. She insisted that I go back and put on a pair of plastic pants to kill the noise. After doing so, she gave her approval and we left. Since then, I have plastic pants on, regardless of diaper type, time, or event. No exceptions, no matter where or what. It is the best!!!

• Like 1

Well, I was once again undone by not wearing a onesie. Undone, or somewhat set free. Gather 'round the fire and I will tell you a tale. Household emergencies seem to be my Kryptonite. 

The fall has taken hold here in the Frozen North, and the plan, last night, was to help a buddy winterize his backyard, and then, to sit around in said backyard, around a fire, and drink beer. It was probably about 12 degrees when I got there, going down to 8 overnight (~ 47 F for my American friends). So, I was wearing jeans, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, and then a vest, and the vest and the sweatshirt overhung my jeans, and, the work we were doing in his backyard involved draining a solar pool heater and tarping some furniture - there weren't supposed to be any aerobics involved. I took advantage of the cool weather to wear a plain white plastic diaper of medium bulk - a Rearz InControl Essential. Most of my onesies were in the wash, and I had a longish black t-shirt on from my work day... should be fine, right?

However, another good friend of ours, who lives 500 meters (1/3 of a mile or so) away, was at that moment, with the help of his wife, putting his boat away for the winter, by backing it, on a trailer, into a separate garage he has on his property. Through a combination of, he says, irrational hand signals and poor communications, he got it partway into the garage a couple of times, and then had to pull it back out to straighten it. His garage entrance is 90 degrees to his driveway, and his tow vehicle is a Suburban that's as long as a school bus, so he always has a bit of a hard time getting his boat into the garage - I've been there and helped him with it before. 

SO, he was probably getting frustrated, and at some point, the bumper of the trailer became entangled in the handle of his snowblower, which was up against a fridge, the top of which was mere inches from where the door sections go from vertical to horizontal as they travel up the tracks. His truck makes about 300 horsepower, although I'm sure it only took a couple of them to drag the snowblower into the fridge, drag the fridge into the garage door, pop the garage door off the tracks, and, cause the cable from the spool on the spring-loaded tensioner bar above the door to become a tangled ball of yarn via the sudden lifting of one side of the door by the corner of an appliance being propelled by a V8. 

His wife, seeing the calamity unfold before he did, did what any sane and rational person would do, and yelled "STOP!", then hit the button on the garage door remote that she had in her hand, thinking that for some reason the door might not have been "all the way up", and that maybe powering it further up would somehow save the day. 

The door was already all the way up. That's how these things generally work. They stop when they reach their programmed travel limits. SO, of course, the 1/2 horsepower chain-drive opener, became a 1/2 horsepower chain-drive closer, and applied as much force as it could, to closing the door. The door panels on the side that was partially off the tracks began clapping against the top of the fridge, and the door's descent was halted by it making contact with the roof of his boat. 

The call came in about 30 minutes later. After, I'm sure, a truncated but fiery domestic dispute, in which blame flew in all directions, he tried to get his garage door off of his boat, but its track was jammed by the fridge that was pinned by the snowblower that was pinned by the trailer, and backing the truck up to unpin the fridge would have possibly damaged the boat, and/or the garage door that was pinning the boat.  

My good friend and I arrived on scene, a few beers in, and quickly sobered up at the sight of the mess that was before us. This was not funny. Well, it would become funny, but only later... right now, it was goddamn mess of epic proportions that looked like thousands of dollars to us. I climbed into the garage by shimmying past the boat and ducking under the door on the opposite side, went around the back, and ended up using a 2x4 as a lever to lift the snowblower up and off the bumper of the trailer, taking some tension off the fridge, which I then slid back away from the bent track. We then manually lifted the door, and were able to extract the boat and trailer, and the soft top of the boat seemed like it was okay. The garage door, however, was torqued to shit, and was being held up on one side by the spring-loaded cable, but not on the other side, because the cable was off the spool, but the spool was unreachable because the door, in it's half-open state, blocked all access to the upper corner above the fridge. We lowered the door by force, but more wheels jumped the track as they encountered the twisted section. 

I'll save you having to read the intricacies of garage door repair 101, except to say that they involved pry bars to unbend the track, and, the need for me to fight with getting a spring-loaded cable that wanted to eat my fingertips, back onto the lower corner of the door, so that the door would be evenly supported and would hopefully stop being twisted out of true by the upward force being applied on one side only. I crouched in corners, I laid on the floor, my friends crouched over me, I twisted and cursed and my hands turned as black as night from grease, and got nicked and bled. At one point I was using two pry bars from two different directions to force wheel back into a track, lying on the floor in a dusty corner. 

I could feel the cold concrete against my bare belly, against my lower back, as I contorted and twisted and heaved. I knew what this might mean, but I had no choice but to stay in the fight. There was a "thump" and the goddamn cable was back on the pin, and then we got the track untwisted and the wheels back into it. As I did essentially a back-spin to turn and get myself up off the floor, I reached back behind myself to tactilely inspect the situation, and I found a good couple of inches of smooth plastic standing above my beltline.

My friend went over and activated the opener, which then reconnected with the trolley connected to the door, and then the door motored up. He hit the button again. It motored down. A roar of victory went up. The door was fixed. The fridge was opened. Beers were handed around. The boat was put into the garage, and the door was closed. 

My two good friends and I stood on the driveway and drank beer and swapped stories of our roles in the war with the door. HIs wife made chicken wings. We made plans to go to a pub and watch hockey the next day (today). Everything felt normal and jovial and good. 

My two good friends who saw my diaper. There is no question of that. My buddy's wife may have seen it as well.

One of these guys is the buddy who I thought might have seen it before, during the Great Water Softener Explosion, but that was a strong hunch... this isn't a hunch. They know I had a diaper on. It's 100% the case that a couple of inches of it was on display while I contorted myself on the floor and they stood over me, under the bright overhead lights. 

So there you have it. I wonder if I should tell my wife. I'm a guy who wears diapers, and a couple of people outside of my immediate family know about it. And they seem to be fine with it. Part of the reason we're getting together tonight, beer aside, is to plan our next golf trip, which they presumably want me to attend. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I'll save you having to read the intricacies of garage door repair 101, except to say that they involved pry bars to unbend the track, and, the need for me to fight with getting a spring-loaded cable that wanted to eat my fingertips, back onto the lower corner of the door, so that the door would be evenly supported and would hopefully stop being twisted out of true by the upward force being applied on one side only.

I’ve tangled thusly with a garage door.  Similarly, I was in nappies but that was somewhat beside the point.

It was back when I was doing that horrible gig economy rental property management stuff.

I was sent out to do an entry condition report on a house for which the owner had unhelpfully had the power disconnected.

The garage was completely dark and I was somehow supposed to take photos of it.

I knocked the garage opener into neutral and lifted up the double-tilt-door manually to try to get some natural light in.

The problem was that I lifted the door from one corner, not the centre.  The door flexed, rollers sprang from their tracks and within seconds, I had a torqued, de-railed and twisted door hanging from the roof, a de-spooled wire reel, bits of random door hardware on the floor and not a tool or even a step-ladder to rescue the situation.

I eventually had to call the estate agency maintenance guy and between the two of us, we managed to re-assemble it but it was a mission.  We bent twisted tracks back with our bare hands.

He told me that as a part of a large housing estate, all the adjacent houses had the same doors, installed by the lowest-cost bidder in as little as 30 minutes and were hopelessly flimsy.

• Like 1

Well, I'm adjusting to my "out of the closet" new normal. I went golfing with one of those guys on Sunday. I still wore a onesie, but it was... interesting, I guess, not to have to think about if any errant lines or bulges appeared on the back of my khakis when I bent over to t-up my ball. As an aside, I don't understand why you can't wear jeans when you play golf. There were guys there in athletic trainers that are one step removed from pajama pants, and they apparently looked formal enough, but jeans are still considered uncouth? For most of the season, it's not a concern, because I wear shorts, but, for yesterday's round, quite possibly the last of the season, at least in these climes, the air temperature was a brisk 8 degrees F (~46 F). And it was raining. I wear shorts as long as humanly possible, but on such a day, I had to relent. 

We're booking a golf trip for the early spring that will see us playing in a land where the grass never doesn't need cut, and, I'm very much involved in the planning, so presumably they're not too concerned that one of us will be wearing diapers. I've travelled with this crew many times before, shared rooms with them, cars, flights, etc, and I've had a diaper on for most of it, so, I know that it won't make any difference to them, but I guess, now, I can confirm that they feel that way, too. 

I don't plan on changing my routines at all - I'm not going to come out of my room in a Rearz Mermaid's Tale and crack a beer and sit down in front of the television. Everything I pack will be in white, on the off chance that any of it comes into view, either on my person, or in my bag, or because the TSA suspects I have sequestered contraband in them. At least I won't have to be quite as concerned with bag security, and I suppose that now, were our arrival to play out as it did last year, I could just grab a diaper and a pair of shorts from my bag, and go into the clubhouse to change, rather than somewhat awkwardly lugging the whole ensemble in with me. [Background - last year, we landed in the morning and played 9 holes before our hotel rooms were ready, and we'd all left Canada in pants, because that's what you wear in Canada when it's -20 and snowing. However, in the parking lot at the golf course, it was 28 degrees to the positive, and called for shorts. Everyone else dropped their pants between cars and got changed into shorts in about 30 seconds, while I trudged with my bag into the clubhouse to get changed in a washroom, because of course I didn't want to stand in a parking lot in just a black snap-crotch onesie with white plastic leg gathers protruding from under it, however briefly. 

On the topic of diaper visibility, I spotted a probable diaper butt while out and about on the weekend. I'm not talking about a toddler or someone elderly; I don't pay much attention to my "to-be-expected" diaper wearing compatriots. This was on a short, stout lady who looked around my age - maybe in her 40's or early 50's. She was walking into a store in front of me in the accompaniment of what looked to me to possibly be her girlfriend, another lady of similar build and age, slightly taller, who was holding her hand and pushing a shopping cart. I suppose they could have been good friends; I don't tend to hold hands with my buddies in public, but my daughters hold hands with their friends sometimes. But operating purely on first impressions and rank assumptions, I'd say they were a couple. I have nothing against that; there are LGTBQ2S+ people in my family. This is just an observation. I have no idea how they identify, but they presented as female at first glance. 

The slightly shorter of the two was wearing what I guess you could call a jumper - a one-piece garment where the shirt and the pants are stitched together. It was made of a charcoal-coloured lightweight material with black pinstripes, and was moderately snug on her. She was either wearing underpants of uncommonly robust construction under the outfit, or, she had a diaper on - there was a step of about a third of an inch at her lower back, similar lines traversing her upper rear thighs, and, the seat of her pants seemed like they were stretched over a somewhat unyielding, immobile bulk. 

Given my own recent experience with suspected (some would say 'confirmed') diaper exposure, I felt an urge to go up to her and say, "Good for you!", because the outfit was not designed to conceal a diaper of that heft, assuming I haven't misread the situation. But, it was a classy-looking garment, and she wore it well. I felt a connection with her, as I entered the store, 20 feet or so back, also in a diaper. But of course, I did nothing of the sort, instead peeling off as soon as we'd cleared the entrance. I don't imagine she'd have appreciated my uninvited encouragement, however well-meaning it might be. I remembered how shocked I was, years back, when a guy in a Home Depot commented on my diaper, while I was stooped down low, looking at badly-organized plumbing fittings. That guy had meant well, too - what he said essentially identified him as at least being ABDL-aware, if not more - but I was still rattled and taken aback, in the moment. And I'm a guy - I felt no threat to my personal safety. So, I might have terrified this lady, regardless of how delicate I tried to be. It was a nonstarter. 

I saw the jumper lady one more time as I searched the store for the items on my list, this time oncoming, and, again, there was an amorphous bulk to her lower front. She was still holding her friend's hand. She gave me a quick smile as we passed each other - I stood to the side of the aisle to let them go past me two-wide, as they were, without having to tighten their line, and I wondered if she might be part of "this" world, or, if she simply wore for need, and was just comfortable in her own skin. Either way, my hat is off to her, even if she doesn't know it. 

Just on the off, off, off chance that that person actually ends up reading this, something which strikes me as very unlikely, and they think they might recognize themselves, I'll throw in these details: the store was a Canadian Tire, a large national chain that somewhat incongruously carries tires, and also just about anything else you can think of, from sporting goods to small appliances to snack food. The one I was in was located in a Western suburb of the GTA. If that was you, keep on keepin' on, my friend. All the best. 

On 3/30/2019 at 5:32 PM, Little Sherri said:

Who has gone over to the damp side, 24/7/365, or at least 24/7 for a significant period, and what was it like? Have you made a complete break with big people undies? What were those first few days and weeks like? Any unexpected problems or rewards? Have you managed to stick with it, do you go back and forth, or have you had to abandoned the diaper dream? Do family & friends know, or have you been diapered on the down low?  I may have a chance this summer to live full-time in diapers for a few weeks, and I'm trying to think of what I need to prepare for and what issues might crop up. Thanks for your thoughts. 

Sure it's been four and a half years, but thread is still going strong. To answer your questions. 

It was pretty normal. I had been wearing most of the time and just started wearing all the time. Yep complete break with big people undies, one day I realized that I hadn't worn anything but a diaper in months so I threw them all out. No real problems or rewards, and still sticking with it. I'd have to go buy some big underwear if I wanted to stop. The only friends that know are also into diapers or at least knowledgeable about it. 

My only advice to anyone is to not worry about it. People are not going to notice, or at least not associate it with you unless something pretty blatant happens like a visible diaper flash.

• Like 2

I'm enjoying my new, *slightly* lower weight category; it's making some of my correctly-sized clothes back into slightly oversized clothing again, which of course is the wardrobe trajectory of choice for the chronically diapered. Case in point, I slept in a Critter Caboose, woke up barely damp, threw some jeans on, and took the dog out, whereupon I ran into a neighbour who was out for a walk with his kids. I had no hesitancy in raising a hand and saying good morning, or, walking to the end of the driveway to pick up the newspaper, whereas if I felt like I was wearing leggings over a diaper, I'd have seen them walking towards us through the trees, and fled to the back of the house out of fear that my rotund lower half would give me away. 

I also had another "this is the new normal" conversation with my family last night. I was saying that we needed to get more small trash bags for the kids' bathroom, because neither of them are "kids" anymore. My eldest is away at school, but my youngest throws a plethora of items in there, everything from Q-tips to makeup wipes to feminine hygiene products, to pull-ups, that are best delt with via bagging - we'd run out of a seemingly endless box of lightweight, small bags we had that were perfect for the task, which left me finding myself holding a trash can upside down over a garbage bag, trying to shake a Q-tip out of the bottom that was glued down by a glob of some cosmetic product. 

For some reason, my wife decided that this request for more small bags was out of line, briskly stating that they weren't necessary, and, anyway, why was I emptying the garbage in their bathroom - my daughter should be doing it - AND, in fact, she should be emptying the garbage cans everywhere in the house. 

I cleared my throat. "Um, I do it because the kitchen bags always have room in them, and, uh, that's where I empty my diaper can."

Wife: "Well, her trash can has diapers in it, too - why can't she do it?"

Daughter: "PULL-UPS, mom, pull-ups."

Wife: "Whatever, she can do it."

Me: "My diapers are, uh, a little more of a responsibility than hers are. Sometimes they weigh as much as a bag full of dead raccoons. I will keep emptying my diaper can. Final answer."

I have no idea what her objection is to just getting another box of small trash bags - we can even employ the compostable ones if she wants to, although they will be full of things that don't compost, like nail kits where the packaging outweighs the contents by a factor of 4 to 1. I guess it's on my list to get the small bags, due to her conscientious objections. But she's fine with buying the large ones for the kitchen and garage.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I'm enjoying my new, *slightly* lower weight category; it's making some of my correctly-sized clothes back into slightly oversized clothing again, which of course is the wardrobe trajectory of choice for the chronically diapered. Case in point, I slept in a Critter Caboose, woke up barely damp, threw some jeans on, and took the dog out, whereupon I ran into a neighbour who was out for a walk with his kids. I had no hesitancy in raising a hand and saying good morning, or, walking to the end of the driveway to pick up the newspaper, whereas if I felt like I was wearing leggings over a diaper, I'd have seen them walking towards us through the trees, and fled to the back of the house out of fear that my rotund lower half would give me away. 

I also had another "this is the new normal" conversation with my family last night. I was saying that we needed to get more small trash bags for the kids' bathroom, because neither of them are "kids" anymore. My eldest is away at school, but my youngest throws a plethora of items in there, everything from Q-tips to makeup wipes to feminine hygiene products, to pull-ups, that are best delt with via bagging - we'd run out of a seemingly endless box of lightweight, small bags we had that were perfect for the task, which left me finding myself holding a trash can upside down over a garbage bag, trying to shake a Q-tip out of the bottom that was glued down by a glob of some cosmetic product. 

For some reason, my wife decided that this request for more small bags was out of line, briskly stating that they weren't necessary, and, anyway, why was I emptying the garbage in their bathroom - my daughter should be doing it - AND, in fact, she should be emptying the garbage cans everywhere in the house. 

I cleared my throat. "Um, I do it because the kitchen bags always have room in them, and, uh, that's where I empty my diaper can."

Me: "My diapers are, uh, a little more of a responsibility than hers are. Sometimes they weigh as much as a bag full of dead raccoons. I will keep emptying my diaper can. Final answer."

I have no idea what her objection is to just getting another box of small trash bags - we can even employ the compostable ones if she wants to, although they will be full of things that don't compost, like nail kits where the packaging outweighs the contents by a factor of 4 to 1. I guess it's on my list to get the small bags, due to her conscientious objections. But she's fine with buying the large ones for the kitchen and garage.  

Congrats on this!!

• Thanks 1

I engaged in some diaper "dollar-cost averaging" this week, taking advantage of a smoking deal on some daytime weight diapers to justify buying some rather dear "Special Occasion" diapers. My medical diaper supplier was blowing out some discontinued Supreme Lite's, so I bought a case at 40% off. These work as lightweight daytime diapers for me - as with most NorthShore products, they offer more range than expected for their weight. They're ideal as a fill-in between an overnight diaper and another overnight diaper:

Picture waking up in, say, a Rearz Mega Barnyard that is only slightly wet, that you'd put on at bedtime the night before, and then wearing it until 4 in the afternoon, by which point it has been on for 17 hours and it's quite heavy. You need to go shopping and pick your kid up at dance and otherwise run around in public, so a pendulous mega-diaper near the end of its capacity isn't ideal. However, you plan to take a shower, before putting on the next big overnight diaper, and you don't want to take a shower at 4 PM. The Supreme Lite is a great fill-in product, able to take you from 4 PM until, say, 9 PM, when you can take a shower and then put on a Critter Caboose or something similar, that will last until the next afternoon. 

And at $1.70 CAD a unit, it doesn't break the bank. 

Enter the other diaper purchase I made... I had to try the Rearz Daydreamer sooner or later. However, they're $6 CAD each, so these are not going to be a "daily diaper" for me, unless I can get 24 hours out of them. I'll give them a test run and review them at some point, but, basically, I justified buying them by averaging out the cost with the aforementioned bargain diapers.

Speaking of the Critter Caboose, I wore one on my caboose for a good part of yesterday. I took advantage of my winter wardrobe to allow me to go meet some buddies at the pub in that big diaper, which I'd already been in for 12+ hours. I realize I'm contradicting what I just said above, but, while the Caboose was heavy, it still had runway left in it that I didn't want to waste, and, we were going to be sitting on a patio with our coats on, so I felt confident that it wasn't too much diaper for the occasion. In the summer, this approach would not have flown.  

I appreciated the subtle "disappearing dots" wetness indicator when I disrobed in our bedroom while my wife watched TV, because while the diaper was pendulous, at least there wasn't a dashed line screaming "soaked" while I sloshed about, putting clothes away and what have you. 

2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

engaged in some diaper "dollar-cost averaging" this week, taking advantage of a smoking deal on some daytime weight diapers to justify buying some rather dear "Special Occasion" diapers. My medical diaper supplier was blowing out some discontinued Supreme Lite's, so I bought a case at 40% off. These work as lightweight daytime diapers for me - as with most NorthShore products, they offer more range than expected for their weight. They're ideal as a fill-in between an overnight diaper and another overnight diaper:

As a fellow member of the “frozen north” who do you purchase your medical nappies from?

• Like 1
On 10/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, Little Sherri said:

I have no idea what her objection is to just getting...

Have you tried Hippo Sacks? They run $.03USD/bag and can hold 1-2 diapers. They work really well and buy 1000 at a time. Can't get more economical than that. You wouldn't have to buy then again for a couple of years. That might please your other half.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, carsfan said:

As a fellow member of the “frozen north” who do you purchase your medical nappies from?

Healthwick. I'm not sure if postage would murder any savings for someone in Vancouver, but I live less than an hour from their location, and for me, they make sense. I buy most of my ABDL diapers from Rearz because they're also close and they don't charge for shipping once you cross $102 CAD (not hard to do), and a couple of times a year, they put on a sale with, typically, some smoking deals. Last year around Black Friday, they had buy-one-get-one-half-off, which amounts to a 25% discount on two cases, so I stocked up on the diapers I use regularly. It does cause hilarious looks to cross my wife's face, however, when she's standing in the basement, looking at my wall of diapers, and I'm saying "It's saving us money! Really!"  

I use more ABDL products than medical ones, but as explained above, medical diapers have their place. I haven't been to the gym much this year, but when I've gone, I'm definitely more confident in a slim quiet diaper under athletic clothes, and, they're easier on the skin, in my experience. 

The Daydreamers have been in place now since about 11 PM last night. The print didn't register with my wife, for what it's worth, although I like it. They're comfortable and fit like a typical Rearz super diaper. The plastic is maybe a little different? Not sure. I need to learn more about plastic films in order to comment, but to me the cover feels a bit more like a BetterDry or Tranquility ATN than, say, a MegaMax - the plastic seems a little lighter. The landing zone is heavily reinforced, however, and they have the usual Rearz tabs that never give up. 

The semi-transparent cover has some nice iridescence to it. I'm wondering how obvious wetness will be to anyone who sees me in the diaper, although white diapers typically also discolour slightly with use, and I never worried about that. 

I slept like a rock and didn't even use it overnight, so it's first live fire was when I woke up. It barely shrugged. It concealed well enough under jeans to take the dog for a walk. I'm sitting in my office right now in just a diaper and a sweater. I have to take my wife's car in for a service appointment this afternoon, so that will be a decision point - can I wear it out and about after it has some mileage on it, or will it feel too bulky and/or too risky? Ideally, I want to wear this one to failure, but if it doesn't work out this time, I might be able to get 16 or so hours in a diaper on Sunday.  

So far, my first impression is that the Critter Caboose is a nearly identical product that I bought for about $4 a diaper, rather than $6, so unless these end up on sale at some point, I probably won't stock up, just for the cute cover. 

• Like 1

Well, I did the service appointment for my wife's car in my big diaper like a big boy. I did sit with my laptop on my lap, because I felt like the front of my jeans maybe looked a little puffy. So far, this Daydreamer is performing like pretty much any other Mega Rearz product. No leaks, very comfortable, it started out reasonably sized but is now fairly bulky up front. I feel a bit of dampness in my lower rear, but the upper back half of the diaper is dry. I may be in this thing well into the evening, if it doesn't betray me. 

One thing about the semitransparent cover... yeah, if I hang out in my room tonight in just this diaper, my wife is going to see that it's yellow. That happens with white diapers, too, but this one is letting a lot of colour show. 

• Like 1

I wore that big Rearz diaper until into the evening; it was, as with most of that ilk, deliciously comfortable, until it wasn't - there's a point where being continuously wet starts to get annoying, even for people who generally don't mind the sensation. I was in it for about 21 hours, although it didn't see any action until first thing in the morning, so it was "in operation" from about 7 AM until 8 PM. It did not leak, not even a press-out, and while I didn't weigh it, my finely-calibrated arse suggested to me that it was as saturated as almost anything I've ever worn. It was heavy and pendulous when I dropped my jeans while getting ready to take a shower and get changed for the later part of the evening. 

Per my prediction, it was... very yellow. The clear cover sequesters no secrets. I didn't lounge around in it for very long, because I felt vaguely self-conscious about how it looked, even though, let's face it, being seen in a saggy diaper is pretty much par for the course for me at some point almost every evening. That's just the way these things work - I'm usually spotted making coffee in a dry, or nearly dry diaper in the morning, and, brushing my teeth in a wet diaper in the evening, and rarely the inverse. My spouse barely raises her eyes, but... the thing was so, so yellow. I can only imagine how graphic it would have been, were I in the habit of using my baby pants for the other of nature's callings. Clear diapers, like clear trash bags, tell tales... caveat emptor. 

I'm going over to watch the hockey game with one of my buddies who knows I wear diapers... it's an interesting feeling that I'm still coming to terms with. I'm still going to take all of the usual precautions, with respect to not wanting to inadvertently have the back of my diaper become visible (particularly if I wear anything printed), but, I don't really have to agonize at all about if my diaper is detectable under my jeans - I can wear a decent medium-duty diaper and not worry about if its bulk is slightly noticeable under certain conditions, or if it crinkles, etc. I can put my feet up, drink beer, and not really think about my diaper - it will be kind of like being at home. Although at home, I might watch the hockey game in just a diaper, and my hockey jersey. It would become problematic if the team started winning every time I did that, compelling me to always dress thusly... "Listen, guys, this seems to make them win, so don't judge me, judge the results..." 

• Haha 2

We've been invited to a Halloween party, and specifically asked to wear costumes... Hmmm... part of me was thinking of messing with my wife and proposing that I go as a baby. I have some onesie pajamas... put those on over a bulky diaper, carry a bottle, have a pacifier clipped to the PJ's... 

In reality, I don't have the guts to show up a friend's place dressed like that, and I think it might mortify my wife, but it would be forensically interesting to see what she said to the proposal. I'll come up with something that I can hide a diaper under - I have a number of lab coats, maybe I could go as a mad scientist. 

A friend of mine was discussing his sister's frustration with her mother-in-law who lives with her; she's been undergoing chemotherapy in the southern hemisphere (of herself, not the globe), and is suffering from urinary incontinence as a side-effect, so they bought some pull-ups at the drugstore, and she almost immediately got raging diaper rash, to the point where she now wears no protective garments and just sits on absorbent pads, which strikes me as an awful solution, and also undignified for the poor lady. But, how do I communicate that I know some stuff about this? It's a subject most people don't want to talk about at all, let alone in great detail. 

In the end, I concluded that there are likely too many intermediaries involved for me to be able to really assist - is my buddy going to be willing to talk to his sister about this? Is his sister going to talk to her husband's mother? Or, is her husband going to want to have this conversation with his own mom? Does my buddy want to talk to me about it, beyond what he mentioned in passing, which stemmed from a conversation about replacing some furniture (for unfortunate reasons...)? All unlikely. Plus, if I put on my superhero cape and identify as a subject matter expert, I'm opening myself up to potentially delicate questions, although I'm sure I could come up with a plausible explanation for knowing what I know.

Which is this: the poor lady needs to get her hands on a decent product to wear, and she needs to treat the rash with something fungicidal, and possibly, a low-dose steroid cream as well, and then when that's done, she needs to use a decent barrier cream, and be meticulous about keeping the area clean. 

In the end, I told him that from my experience with my own parents' health issues, you can't buy decent incontinence products in the drugstore, and that he should tell his sister to go to a medical supply place, where the staff will be able to recommend better products, and, the creams, ointments, cleansers, or whatever ends up being required to manage what is, let's face it, diaper rash. I said there is a whole subset of the populace who wears diapers full-time, so there are lots of products and lots of advice out there, they just can't be found in an aisle in the supermarket, so his sister needs to cast a wider net. 

Even though most aging Western societies actually have more adults wearing diapers than they do babies and toddlers, it isn't considered "normal", so it's been medicalized and shunted off the main line. Mainstream manufacturers have gotten a lot better at treating bedwetting as "not uncommon", to the point that pull-ups that fit kids up to 140 lbs are available everywhere, however, from that point, there are two channels, essentially: the crappy low-end products available one aisle over, or, seeking out a small storefront in an industrial block somewhere. 

• Like 1

I did a quick reorganization of my diaper inventory, collapsing some half-empty cases into the boxes of other half-empty cases, and trying to put like with like, IE plastic Velcro diapers over here, plastic tape-on printed diapers there, white tape-on printed diapers there, breathable diapers on another shelf, and then special "one-off" purchases in a separate bin. I further organized the shelves by weight, IE, super-duty "at home only" diapers vs medium-duty "daytime anywhere" diapers, and then the slim "can be worn at the gym" diapers. 

All of this was precipitated by having received a couple of diaper orders that hadn't been integrated, so they were sitting in their own corner in the basement, provoking fear in my wife that the diapers were boldly seeking new territory. That was not the case. Everything fit back into the allocated zone once it was organized. 

I also took this opportunity to restock my diaper drawer, which was getting low - there was one plastic diaper left in there, a Rearz Lil' Squirts, plus a handful of gym diapers, a useless pullup, and a couple of Pampers 7's that make the pull-ups slightly less useless. 

Not that this is likely to be fascinating to many of you, but, for those interested, my protocol for restocking the diaper drawer in my bedroom typically involves about a half-dozen heavyweight diapers, Barnyards or Critter Cabooses, for example, that I'll usually put on at bedtime and stay in until sometime in the afternoon the next day (I don't wet a lot overnight). Then, about ten daytime-friendly diapers, a mix of printed and white, models like Rearz's Lil' Monsters or the medium MegaMax's (the only diapers I own in medium size - a large MegaMax is an overnight diaper for me). Then, I grab a handful of inbetweener diapers - Tranquility ATN's or Tena's or Prevails that I can wear for a few hours and that don't cost $4 each -  they're a fill-in when I need a bridge between when circumstances force a change, and when I want to shower or get ready to go out or whatever - some impending temporal inflection point requiring another diaper.

Finally, I pepper in a couple of "dessert diapers" - special treats, expensive or rare ones like the Daydreamers or ABU's Little Kings, that I might choose to wear if I find myself in a position to enjoy them for a while, say if my wife wants to watch a movie on a night when we don't have to go anywhere, and I can wear just a diaper below the waist for a good stretch, or if I have a pants-optional office day with no errands to run or visitors expected. 

Once in a very blue moon, I'll put on a cloth diaper, either a pin-on or Velcro, but I don't usually have time to deal with the washing of them - nobody in my family want's dad's sopping nappy going into the machine with their belongings, so it has to be a dedicated run.

In other "news", I think I've decided to follow @oznl's lead (again) and test drive solely using diapers, for, ahem, everything, when my wife goes away for her friend's birthday next month. She'll be gone for 6 days; I will have my daughter around the house, but she's at school every day and at dance most nights, so while I can't be completely laisse faire about it - I'm not going to go code brown in the car while picking her up from dance - I'll have a lot of time to myself, sufficient, I think, to manage it without involving or informing the innocent. I don't plan on making that my new normal - I'd be divorced within weeks, I'm sure - I consider myself somewhat of a "diaper expert", at this point, having worn them everywhere for 4.5 years, but, there's a whole other side to "this" that rarely comes into the picture for me, and I'd like to know a little more about it. 

• Like 3
On 10/26/2023 at 3:44 AM, Little Sherri said:

In other "news", I think I've decided to follow @oznl's lead (again) and test drive solely using diapers, for, ahem, everything, when my wife goes away for her friend's birthday next month. She'll be gone for 6 days; I will have my daughter around the house, but she's at school every day and at dance most nights, so while I can't be completely laisse faire about it - I'm not going to go code brown in the car while picking her up from dance - I'll have a lot of time to myself, sufficient, I think, to manage it without involving or informing the innocent.

Good luck!

Beware the siren song that is "Olfactory habituation" (aka: "nose-blindness").  It's a 100% real brain trick wired deep into us that really and truly works.  Within a fairly short time of having done the deed, we are no longer capable of evaluating its field strength.  We have to use objective rules instead (stay downwind, more than 10 meters from bystanders 🤣 )

Also plan to wash the bedding afterwards.   My rational brain says that it is impossible for poop particles to escape from a well-secured nappy and hide in the sheets and bedding but my nose says otherwise.  If you don't sleep in a full nappy, you're just pulling your punches.  If you do (and you're like me), expect some pretty weird dreams.  It seems that one's subconscious also gets messy.

• Haha 1

I once again had to spell things out for my wife; she engages in euphemism regarding my strange underpants preferences with some regularity. If she's in a reflective mood, they're "garments" or "underwear", if she's feeling sarcastic, they're my "Pampers." The D-word rarely comes into play. 

I walked into the kitchen and announced that I was taking some boxes out to the garage, and before I broke them down for recycling, did she need a box for anything? Immediately, alarm bells went off for her - she distrusts people taking empty boxes anywhere, because where did the boxes contents go? She experienced her parents throwing out her belongings without consulting her when she was a kid, which has made her into, first of all, a bit of a hoarder - no dead cats, no trash bags, but, she hangs on to EVERYTHING, mostly on fairly neat shelves in the basement, but still - and, second, she tries to police what goes out in the trash. The kids skirt her when they want to throw something out, old school assignments, ripped clothing, whatever. I downright flout her, because I have a pickup truck and I know where the dump is, and also, I'm the guy who rolls the 50 KG bins down to the curb every second week. 

It went thusly:

Her: "Where'd the boxes come from?"

Me: "The basement."

Her: "Whose boxes were they?"

Me: "Mine."

Her: "What was in them?"

Me: "They're superfluous now - they had contents, but the contents have been used."

Her: "What was in them?"

Me: "My stuff."

Her: "But what was it?"

Me: (Sigh). "Diapers, hon, they were full of diapers."

Her: "Oh. Well I don't want your diaper boxes."

Daughter #2: "HA!" 

• Haha 3
24 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

I walked into the kitchen and announced that I was taking some boxes out to the garage, and before I broke them down for recycling,

Ok, let's pause right there.  You BROKE THE BOXES DOWN for recycling.  Out of a sense of morbid curiosity, are you also the only member of your family that does that?

I've lost count of the times I've had to unpack a "full" recycling bin to flatten the large, empty carton my beloved has "filled" it with.  I know she's not stupid.  She has letters after her name.  And yet...

• Haha 3