LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 startups, and unexpected pitfalls?

Well, the ABU Little Kings are now available in Canada. I will probably have to break my pledge not to order more "outlier diapers" - diapers that aren't likely to end up as a core part of my arsenal. Which these surely will not, because their landed cost is about $6 a diaper. Unless I can get 24 hours out of them, they can't compete with my Megamax's and Rearz Lil' Monsters as everyday diapers. And I kind of promised my wife that I'd burn through some of my "non-standard" diapers before I ordered more - things like Rearz Alpaca's and Barnyards, and Mermaid Tales, Princess Pink's and Bambino Classico's that I have odds and ends of within my stash. 

However, I love the fact that they look like the Pampers that I envied as a DL who had outgrown needing (or fitting in) toddler diapers, before printed ones really hit the market. So I "need" (want) to try them out, just to be comprehensive in my coverage of this area of the human experience. Kind of like when they launch a new version of any of the Scotches that I like. I may be pretty sure that some "cask strength" 7-year-old spirit isn't going to be better than the 10-year-old version I'm familiar with, but, I still have to know. So it goes with diapers. 

I shall report back once I get my hands on some. 

I  did order a 2 pack sample of those myself, they look and feel wonderful. However I am saving them for a special occasion when I need to feel particularly little. 

And as for justification, you really do "need" them to alleviate the "want" you have for them :) 

• Like 1

Have you ever been presented with video evidence that you wear diapers? Because I have. And this is definitely proof that diapers are in the eye of the beholder, and, people see what they expect to see. Background: I climbed a 30-foot ladder to help a buddy of mine repair a downspout. He is not fond of heights so he secured the ladder. Unbeknownst to me, he though it would be humorously dramatic to video my ascent with his phone, and share it with a group of friends we're in on WhatsApp. So, I climbed the ladder, fixed the downspout, descended, and then we went to a local pub for a beer. Sitting at the bar, I saw a bunch of notifications from the chat, but people are always firing things back and forth, and I didn't give it any thought. I chatted with my buddy, drank a nice IPA, and then when he got up to go to the washroom (something that I did not have to do, for obvious reasons), I picked up my phone and idly perused what was happening on the chat. 

My buddy had shared a video, the opening frame of which was my feet standing on the first couple of rungs of a ladder. I pressed play. My feet started ascending. As I climbed, he panned upward, and more and more of me entered the frame, until he was basically recording all of me from behind and below, climbing up a 30 foot ladder. He moved in so that the perspective was directly below me, the ladder looking a bit like railway tracks heading for the sky. He continued videoing. 

I was wearing what had been "oversized", but could now probably accurately be called "correctly-sized" jeans, over a Rearz Inspire (if I'm going to fall 30 feet and end up in an ambulance, I always feel I'll handle that better wearing a plain white diaper than I will wearing something emblazoned with unicorns or whatever). An Inspire is what I would call a medium-bulk diaper, suitable, in my opinion, for daytime wear, and indeed, the manufacturer specifically states this in their description. I also had a diaper shirt on.

The evidence before my eyes suggested, however, that my combination of jeans and diaper would NOT stand up to prolonged video examination. I'm imagining that most people, and particularly my male friends, give my rear only the most cursory of glances, and that they are not, for the most part, storing that data for later retrieval. Hence, a momentary bulge or line would rinse off their retinas like rain off of a windscreen. But now, they all had the ability to stop time, to zoom, to make time run backwards. 

I played with the video. The worst way to view it was in reverse, where it looked like I was descending towards the camera. I paused it when my ass basically filled the screen. I zoomed in. I was looking at a man climbing a ladder, wearing a diaper. I could see my diaper. It's outline was discernable. My stomach felt heavy. I stared at it. Then my buddy came back from the washroom, and I quickly closed my phone, and tried to make small-talk. Then I said that I needed to use the washroom, and I went into a stall, and pulled my phone out again, to look at my butt going up a ladder, down a ladder... this was now in the hands of 10 people I know well. 

Eventually, I was able to talk myself down off the ledge (if not off the ladder), by concluding that, since, in all the videos we've ever shared, I've never once paused, and zoomed in on any of their butts, presumably, they were not in the habit of doing so, either. And, indeed, since that video was shared, I have not read or heard one comment about it - and this is a lively group of guys who love taking the piss out of each other. 

I have to conclude that, since nobody expected to see evidence of a diaper, nobody did, and since I knew that I had a diaper on, I saw one. I would bet, though, that if anyone said the word "diaper", while someone was watching that video, they would see it too, like one of those 3D images that you have to let your eyes adjust to. And once you see it, you will see it every time you look. 

Ohhh wowwww, that's quite a thing to have thrusted in front of you. ?

Sounds like you're taking it okay--hopefully it just gets brushed under the rug and that's that! I can definitely follow your line of logic -- nobody is going to look for evidence of diapers unprompted, but yeah if it comes up they may notice. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, and if it does hopefully you and your friend group take it well?

I'd be a nervous wreck for dayyys, myself...seriously, kahunas to just analyzing it logically and at least projecting some kind of coolness around it...

• Thanks 2

Hopefully the lack of "action" in the video, i.e. you didn't fall off, will cause this to be swiftly forgotten as a non-event.

Much like when my sister swatted my megamax padded butt and my brain went into overdrive.....

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I have to conclude that, since nobody expected to see evidence of a diaper, nobody did, and since I knew that I had a diaper on, I saw one. I would bet, though, that if anyone said the word "diaper", while someone was watching that video, they would see it too, like one of those 3D images that you have to let your eyes adjust to. And once you see it, you will see it every time you look. 

Yep, been there, done that...  It was a couple of years ago where I ended up giving the keynote address at a technical conference in front of 100 or so reseller's service staff in a BetterDry under my jeans that had kind of bloated.

The corporate photographs DID make it into the public domain.  I could see my nappy as plain as day but I knew what to look for.

• Like 1

Thanks for that blast from the past, @oznl. I had forgotten that episode. In-person, in-diaper corporate presentations are something I have not faced in quite a while; thanks to the pandemic, most of my presentations have been virtual. In some cases, I was in fact wearing just a diaper below the waist. Although I avoid doing that if I'm actually going to be contributing anything of substantial duration, because I have found myself needing to shut down video and pull some bottoms on because someone starts clump-clump-clumping up the stairs to my office. You don't want to have to do that if you're 5 slides in to a 20 slide deck, and anyone is actually paying attention. 

In other news, I courted disaster in bed last night but came out victorious. More IPA-fueled midnight decision making occurred; this time, I did NOT decide to just lie down on top of the covers "for a minute", and then pass out. I managed to change my diaper and brush my teeth, but in my feeling about in the dark, I managed to extract a Rearz Active Air from my drawer, and I have no idea now, in the cold light of day, why I just went with it. The Active Air is a fine diaper for light-to-medium range daytime flying, quiet, comfy and reasonably effective, although they do achieve perceptible dampness on the cover after a long while. It's almost like the cover material acts as an RO membrane... nothing touching it gets wet, and there's no smell to the "dew", but, your hands detect a slight dampness. 

Anyway, I put the new diaper on, brushed my teeth, and promptly collapsed into bed. I was woken up by my wife's alarm clock at 8 this morning, and as soon as I woke up, I realized that I was peeing, and that I was lying on my stomach. I rolled hurriedly onto my back, spending as little time as possible on my side, and things petered out in a few moments. I reached down and palpitated the front of the Air, and it was very wet, right up to the waistband, and the underside of the waist was damp to the touch. I'd come very close to leaking over the top of my diaper. 

I will have to be more careful about that moving forward, because my wife is plotting to swap out our decade-old king-sized mattress for some advanced memory foam thing developed on the International Space Station. I will definitely put a protective cover on the new mattress, but that will do nothing to protect the new bedding that, I am sure, she will also purchase. Should I soak the new sheets, she will undoubtedly be vexed. Maybe I need to put up a poster in the bathroom labelled: "Bedtime Procedure, post IPA's or Red Wine: Follow Closely!", and then include an aviation-like checklist. Takeoff for dreamland cannot commence until the preflight checklist has been completed. Step 1 - select appropriate big plastic diaper. 

I shall also cautiously include this on my list of possibly completely autonomous wetting incidents. The alarm had the feeling of having yanked me from a deep sleep. If I was in a deep sleep, and, wetting, then possibly, what was happening was involuntary.  

2 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

I will have to be more careful about that moving forward, because my wife is plotting to swap out our decade-old king-sized mattress for some advanced memory foam thing developed on the International Space Station. I will definitely put a protective cover on the new mattress, but that will do nothing to protect the new bedding that, I am sure, she will also purchase. Should I soak the new sheets, she will undoubtedly be vexed.

Sometimes I feel sorry for you and for oznl, and on the other hand sometimes I feel inadequate as I really can't match the degree of tension you seem to live in - in the relationships with your other halves.  I don't have the stories to tell, as there really aren't many risks to run here.  Of course I'm lucky, as my wife has been very accepting.  We've got a waterproof mattress cover on our bed, and usually when we go away I take one to protect other beds too.  She's fine with that and understands why.  I suppose it helps that I haven't actually wet the bed for months, but when I did she was fine with it - wash the bedding & get on with life.  And we've already got a pretty good mattress...

• Like 1

Well, it's 1:30 AM and I've soaked my jeans. I had a buddy over with his daughter, who was hanging out with my daughter, while he and I watched hockey, and I felt right before the second game that I needed to change - I was in a Rearz Lil' Monster with about 10 hours on it. But I wanted to shower before going to bed, so I didn't want to put on a 12-hour diaper. I dug up one of my Molicare Premium Elastic's, sort of a rectangular "diaper zone bandage" slung between two stretchy belts. Not my favourite product, but they have okay capacity, and anyway, I planned to bin it shortly. It only needed to last two to three hours. Unfortunately, I was drinking high-powered IPA's (while feeding my buddy sessional IPA's because he planned to drive home), and, the liquid volume within me began exceeding my judgement. Literally just as my friend was getting into his car, I unthinkingly leaned into a healthy release, and, immediately felt liquid running down my leg. I'm sitting here now, typing this, in jeans that are in no danger of violating the questionable sanctity of my office chair - the back of them is dry. However, the front of my right thigh is SOAKED. A shower and a diaper change are in my immediate future. 

Yup, some of the other products can only cope with dribbles, not the full monty. 

Although I guess even the hardiest of diapers has a maximum absorption rate which can be overwhelmed. I am trying not to remember to not hold at all in the daytime, but go every short while as this would seem to be the path to fewer leaks and such "explosions".  There's no beer involved here though :) 

• Like 1

Billy Joel has famously advised that we should "leave a tender moment alone", and I decided to take his advice on that. It was a very short "tender moment", but I'll take what I can get, in terms of occasional evidence of acceptance from my spouse about my unconventional preferences in underclothing. 

We are engaged in a renovation project and were measuring out a room that had been gutted, trying to figure out the placement of the overhead lighting. We decided to mark out the location of some furniture on the floor using painter's tape, to give us an idea of how much space was required to get around things. So, I was squatting down, placing tape on the floor, then standing up and measuring out distances, then kneeling down to lay more tape, up down, up down. I was standing, looking at a floorplan that we had printed, when she walked up behind me, lifted my sweatshirt up, tucked the waistband of my diaper into my jeans, tugged my jeans up, smoothed my sweatshirt down, and gave me a light swat on the butt. I paused in my reading, eyes still fixated on the plans, processing what had just happened. The whole thing made me feel like I was 5 years old for a moment. My cheeks felt like they were warming up, and my first instinct was to crack a joke, but I decided to just leave the moment alone. 

My wife stepped up beside me and looked at the plans I was holding, and then after another few seconds, she said something about outlet placement, and the conversation rolled ahead, and I decided to let the moment be. 

• Like 3

I field-tested the graphics of the ABU Little Kings on my wife last night, spending a couple of hours in one before we turned the lights out. They elicited no comment, but that is unsurprising, as, with the exception of the Mermaid Tales, which she called "fancy", she hasn't said much of anything about the appearance of any of my underwear. I suspect that, like the (I've been lead to believe, fictional) adage that the Inuit have a hundred words for snow, people on the ABDL spectrum have dozens of ways to categorize and rank diapers. Another comparable analogy would be motorcycle enthusiasts... if you like bikes, there is a world of difference between a 650 CC sport bike, and a 650 CC adventure bike, and a 650 CC cruiser, let alone the vast gulf between a 250 CC sport bike and a 1200 CC V-twin cruiser. If you're not into bikes, you see all of the above as "motorcycles". 

So, while I look at a disposable diaper and discern between cloth-backed versus plastic-backed, versus cloth-over-plastic, and how many tabs, and what kind of tabs, and, white, solid-coloured, printed landing zone, printed all over, slim, medium, bulky, enormous, play diaper versus one I'd wear on a 7-hour flight, etc, my wife sees... "diapers." 

I do like the design of the Little Kings; they're an ode to most of the printed Pampers designs of the last 20 years or so, diapers that didn't exist when I was a kid, but that I would surely have wanted, had they then been available. Well, wanted with an asterisk... I'd have wanted to wear them when I was by myself, but probably would have wished them white whenever I was wearing them around anyone else, the reality of being in a diaper being infantilizing enough, without Sesame Street characters coming into the equation. 

I reviewed them briefly in the product review section, so I won't repeat everything I said again here, but, if you are thinking of buying some, pay close attention to the sizing. They are definitely cut on the smaller side, and, the landing zone for the Velcro-like tabs also terminates a good 4 inches or so from the edge of the front panels, so if you go for a "barely hanging-on" fit, the tabs will be engaging the cloth cover, rather than the reinforced area, possibly with a less-than-tenacious hold. Whereas if the tabs extend over to the landing zone, I find them to hold well, with tolerance for a lot of moving around. By way of example, I wear a medium-sized Megamax, large in most Rearz and Bambino products, but after consulting the sizing guide, and even busting out a tape measure, I bought the ABU's in XL, and I do not regret that - they're only a smidge bigger than a size L in most brands. 

Other than that, they're soft, quiet, comfortable, and cute. I haven't pushed one to failure yet but they seem to offer reasonable capacity. I'll always prefer plastic-backed diapers, but, I'd call these the nicest cloth-backed ones I have ever spent time in. If you are fantasizing about finally getting your hands on a Pampers Cruiser size 10, they do look exactly that, although, because there is no stretchy component to them, that's not exactly how they fit. I give them 4 stars out of 5. So far. I might have gone higher, but, their main downside, at least for people who live where I live, is that their landed cost is about $6 CAD a diaper. So, these will remain a novelty, rather than a core component of my wardrobe. 

I can add a little more information to my Little Kings review; after wearing one for a good part of the day yesterday, I can report that they rank in the upper classes of capacity. I don't have any empirical data to offer, just a generalized impression that by the time I needed to change, the diaper was quite heavy, had swelled up impressively, and hadn't leaked. In fact, a lot of the padding in the back was still dry, but meanwhile the front was impressively distended. I sat in my office chair for most of the day in the diaper, under jeans, so had I been able to shift positions more, I might have been able to engage more of the rear padding, and possibly used more of the overall capacity.

It was the expansion that actually pushed me to change the diaper when I did, rather than discomfort or fear of an imminent failure; I have contractors coming in and out of the house and I reached a point where I felt that it looked like I had a pillow jammed into my pants, and could no longer be confident that it wouldn't be obvious that something was going on down there, were I called upon to see something by one of them. 

Speaking of confidence, I have to build some up... I got contacted by the urologist that I've had a pending appointment with for half a year, that they had an opening earlier, and did I want to take it? I agreed to the earlier appointment. So I have a few days to figure out what I plan to wear... I have resolved that it will be some kind of diaper or pull-up, although probably not a Little Kings. I'm contemplating buying one of those awful Depends for Men pull-ups, not so much because I worry that I'll otherwise leak all over his office - I'm sure if I put on boxer shorts, I could survive 45 minutes unpadded. Rather, I want to wear something that won't get any attention if it ends up on the radar at the doctor's office, but, I DON'T want to wear actual underwear, however fleetingly - the idea of it just seems an affront to my strange religion right now. 

I should probably just endeavor to channel my inner @diaperedboilerman, man up (baby up?), and wear a plain white diaper, but I have no idea what the protocol is at this office - if they'll want to examine the equipment, and if I'll get a chance to undress in private, or if I'll be asked to present arms with no prologue. I assume that any urologist meeting a middle-aged man for the first time, upon discovering that he's wearing a diaper, might assume that was the reason he was there, which is not the case here.

Although, on a side-note, my wife has, on a couple of occasions, expressed interest in what the urologist will have to say about "everything", implying that she thinks that my wearing diapers is going to be part of the discussion. That is not my intention. There is a temptation within me to say, "He said there's nothing he can do, my condition is chronic...", which, really, IS true... it's just that such a pronouncement should probably come from a psychologist, not a urologist. 

Potential embarrassment aside - I haven't worn a diaper openly in front of a doctor since I was a kid - I am also cognizant of the fact that our health system is publicly funded. I don't want to tie up any resources in what would be, essentially, a vanity project. 

3 hours ago, diaperedboilerman said:

My doctor and Urologists un taped my diaper, checked what they needed too and one taped it back on, the other left it for me to put back on.

Hmmm. That's a little different from my doctor. He just tells me to pull it down -- no worries that way -- and when finished pull it back on. Anybody else do the same?

4 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

Speaking of confidence, I have to build some up... I got contacted by the urologist that I've had a pending appointment with for half a year, that they had an opening earlier, and did I want to take it? I agreed to the earlier appointment. So I have a few days to figure out what I plan to wear... I have resolved that it will be some kind of diaper or pull-up, although probably not a Little Kings. I'm contemplating buying one of those awful Depends for Men pull-ups, not so much because I worry that I'll otherwise leak all over his office - I'm sure if I put on boxer shorts, I could survive 45 minutes unpadded. Rather, I want to wear something that won't get any attention if it ends up on the radar at the doctor's office, but, I DON'T want to wear actual underwear, however fleetingly - the idea of it just seems an affront to my strange religion right now. 

I should probably just endeavor to channel my inner @diaperedboilerman, man up (baby up?), and wear a plain white diaper, but I have no idea what the protocol is at this office - if they'll want to examine the equipment, and if I'll get a chance to undress in private, or if I'll be asked to present arms with no prologue. I assume that any urologist meeting a middle-aged man for the first time, upon discovering that he's wearing a diaper, might assume that was the reason he was there, which is not the case here.

I always go to my doctors appointments diapered and its usually a Tykables little Rawrs or MegaMax diapers. When they do a diaper check, they would untape them and afterwards retape them. If they leak, the Nurse would help me with the diaper change. Many times, the nurses would comment on how cute my diapers look and ask me what kind of diapers are those.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Kawaharu said:

I always go to my doctors appointments diapered and its usually a Tykables little Rawrs or MegaMax diapers. When they do a diaper check, they would untape them and afterwards retape them. If they leak, the Nurse would help me with the diaper change. Many times, the nurses would comment on how cute my diapers look and ask me what kind of diapers are those.

@Little Sherri@Kawaharu

I always go to the doctors diapered/boosted and wearing the Garywear Pants I use:  That way, if my body decides to release, at least I am protected from the deluge, regardless of what I release.  I have YET to have a situation where I would have to have assistance with a change in the office. :)

It is always good to change yourself as soon as pratical - There are situations when this is NOT possible or convenient or feasible, but you need to take care of your SKIN, as @Evelyn Dellcerroand @Transfusionelletaught me, so you DON'T cause yourself to become uncomfortable, or have skin breakdown or rash. 

Brian

16 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Little Sherri@Kawaharu

I always go to the doctors diapered/boosted and wearing the Garywear Pants I use:  That way, if my body decides to release, at least I am protected from the deluge, regardless of what I release.  I have YET to have a situation where I would have to have assistance with a change in the office. :)

It is always good to change yourself as soon as pratical - There are situations when this is NOT possible or convenient or feasible, but you need to take care of your SKIN, as @Evelyn Dellcerroand @Transfusionelletaught me, so you DON'T cause yourself to become uncomfortable, or have skin breakdown or rash. 

Brian

All my doctors do is check to see if my diapers are working and I'm not developing a diaper rash. I even have nurses who help me with diaper changes and they often comment on what kind of diapers I am wearing.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

Like in a good way?!????

I have nurses that take good care of me and they know I am incontinent and they know what kind of diapers I wear all the time.

3 minutes ago, Kawaharu said:

I have nurses that take good care of me and they know I am incontinent and they know what kind of diapers I wear all the time.

What kind do you wear? Do the nurses find that interesting?????

10 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

What kind do you wear? Do the nurses find that interesting?????

Sometimes it's Tykables little rawrs and other times it's Tie Dye Mega max diapers

On 3/30/2019 at 6:32 PM, Little Sherri said:

Who has gone over to the damp side, 24/7/365, or at least 24/7 for a significant period, and what was it like? Have you made a complete break with big people undies? What were those first few days and weeks like? Any unexpected problems or rewards? Have you managed to stick with it, do you go back and forth, or have you had to abandoned the diaper dream? Do family & friends know, or have you been diapered on the down low?  I may have a chance this summer to live full-time in diapers for a few weeks, and I'm trying to think of what I need to prepare for and what issues might crop up. Thanks for your thoughts. 

Well, I missed my third "diaperversary" in a couple of ways... first of all, for some reason, I thought that my first post on this string was on March 31st 2019, but, it was March 30th. Second, I realized when I reread my first couple of posts, that I'd penned my question on a Saturday, but, had actually already been wearing diapers since the day before, because my plan was to try to get through the weekend wearing only diapers. Which, at the time, seemed like a big deal. And it WAS a big deal - errands to run, friends to visit, work to complete - all while wearing diapers. Plus, my wife had no idea at the time. 

I spent most of yesterday in a white Megamax, which is one of my core diapers these days, along with the Rearz Lil' line (Monsters, Splash). That core lineup in itself is an accomplishment for me, because when I started out, I really wanted to wear big plastic ABDL diapers all the time, but I hadn't figured out how to do that yet, so other than around the house, I tended to go with slim, crappy medical diapers, because I thought that my crinkling plastic baby pants could be heard from around the block, and that the bulk of them was visible from space.

So the fact that my diaper pail this week contains the fermenting remains of several big plastic diapers, some white, some printed, plus one big cloth-backed ABU Pampers replica - IE, entirely AB and/or DL products - is testament to my evolution as a diapernaut. Or testament to the dissolving of my inhibitions and sensibility. Although based on the feedback I've had from the last 3 years, I have to conclude, again, that not very many people pay much attention to my "equatorial zone". Either my friends are all exceedingly polite, or, most, if not all of them, really haven't noticed my continually-padded status. I'd like to think it's the latter. I've been pretty careful - I own about a dozen sober black or while snap-T's, and I've oversized all of my shorts and trousers. The only person I'm not careful around is my wife. 

I'd have to mine this thread to be absolutely sure, but I believe that I've only really had a couple of confirmed "diaper slips" over the last 3 years. There were also a couple of suspected ones, but, as my ascending-the-ladder-while-being-videoed experience shows, most of those were, I think, mostly in my head. I still think that my ex-neighbour may have suspected something, when I took the dog for a walk in a Barnyard under thin athletic shorts, in my previous neighbourhood, expecting to disappear into a walking trail, but ended up getting cornered in a conversation. And of course, there was the incident with the transparent disposable hospital gown. And the old guy in the Home Depot who commented on my diaper and then revealed himself as "one of us" when he named his preferred diaper, after I squatted down to look at some plumbing items and my Lil' Monster untucked itself. That incident is what lead me to purchase a dozen snap-T's. 

As to that other measure of my "progress", IE, what effect living like a toddler in the emissions control department for three years, has had on me, I would say the results are... inconclusive. I definitely can't hold water very comfortably for any extended period of time, but, I can still hold it if I have to. Once I start to go, I can't stop it if there is any intensity to it, which is probably the most significant change from the "before times". Not that I liked to have to cinch it up mid-stream - who does? - but I used to be able to, if required. Bedwetting incidences have definitely ticked up, but, they also definitely don't happen every night. Covid has helped in this department because, like everyone, I'm drinking more, and drinking before bed is a reliable predictor of nocturnal enuresis, at least in me. 

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone here that I have interacted with; there are too many of you to name individually, but 99% of you have been great to converse with, and your advice, company and support have gotten me through some hard times, propelled some great times, and generally been invaluable. Thanks as well to @DailyDi, for making all this interaction, and dare I say, validation, within a positive space, possible in the first place. 

• Like 6

Well, I had another "first", which, 3 years in, is becoming increasingly rare, although perhaps that speaks to the predictability of my life more than anything else. I suppose if I were a military test pilot, every day could be a "first". 

The aforementioned appointment with a urologist has transpired. The good doctor had a resident working with him, so I guess you could say I had an appointment with 2 urologists, or maybe 1.75. I had been agonizing for months over what to wear to this appointment, because I figured showing up in a diaper would raise a whole new line of inquiry (my appointment not being related to wearing diapers, which is an entirely self-imposed condition). I didn't want to betray my fealty to plastic underpants, by going and buying some boxer shorts. But showing up in an ABDL product festooned with teddy bears was not the experience I was looking for, either. I was hoping that whatever I had on under my trousers might be irrelevant, because ideally, I'd get a chance to get undressed and gown up in private, leaving my choice of nappy off the radar entirely. 

Expediency being the hallmark of publicly-funded healthcare, alas, this was not to be the case. I was almost immediately invited to lie down on an examination table, after which, first the resident, and then the doctor (well, I guess the resident is also a doctor), palpitated my lower abdomen, an exercise which resulted in no findings. Then, while still lying down, I was asked to drag my trousers down to my knees, for part 2 of the workup. 

I had almost missed the opportunity to change into anything other than what I had on when I got up, which was a white Megamax. I have nothing in my inventory right now that doesn't either whisper, or scream "diaper", so, I had planned to stop at a drugstore and buy one of those detestable underwear-looking pull-ups for men, but I was running so far behind schedule that I almost missed the opportunity to do so. Luckily, there was a pharmacy more or less on my route once I got off the highway, so I ducked in, bought a box of them (expensive!), said a prayer that the sizing was correct, since they only had one size (they fit), tore one out of the package, and jammed it into my briefcase (pun there). I ran up to the office, checked in with reception, then located the washroom, and went inside.

There were two stalls in it, and of course, one of them was occupied. A disheartening stench hung over the small room, and I could hear the sounds of a newspaper being rustled in the other stall. The occupant wasn't leaving anytime soon. I sighed inwardly and entered the second stall. I would have to not only wrestle a Megamax off of myself, but also take my pants completely off - the proposed replacement being a pull-up with no tear-away sides. Ideally, without making contact with the floor. I stepped out of my shoes, stood on them, awkwardly dropped my pants and then slung them over my shoulder (no hooks in there), and winced as I pulled the tabs off my diaper, one side, then the other. It was not a quiet operation. I thought about letting it drop, to save opening two of the four tapes, but I could see the other guy's shoes, so I thought he might have noticed an open white plastic diaper hitting the floor. 

Diaper now bundled up and sat on top of the toilet paper dispenser (remember that the next time you put your phone there...), I extracted the Depends for Men from my briefcase, which was slung over my other arm, and stepped into it, before clumsily pulling my pants back on, tucking everything in, picking up the Megamax, and vowing to burn my socks, since I ended up losing my balance and having to step onto the floor during the process. I left the stall, cast a glance left and right... and saw no trash receptacles. Zero. Electric hand dryers had dispensed with the need for them, apparently. You'd think that in a urology clinic, some consideration might have been given to the needs of people with urological disfunctions. So, the bulky Megamax got jammed into my briefcase. Thankfully, there was a trash can in the little hallway that ran from the lobby to the bathrooms, so I was able to jettison the thing, but only barely in time to avoid being seen by a lady, who turned the corner just as the diaper made a "thud" at the bottom of the trashcan. I feigned bumping into it, as though that were somehow where the sound had come from, even though the act was temporally detached from the sound, like watching TV with the audio unsynchronized. I returned to the waiting room... and waited. 

So, there I was, 45 minutes later, lying on my back, with two well-paid professionals waiting for me to take my pants off. How was this going to go? I undid my belt, unbuttoned my pants, slid my thumbs under the pants-and-pull-up assembly, and tried to slide the works down to my knees, hoping that my pants would somehow disguise most of the pull-up I had on. The pull-up had other ideas, the "fitted leg gathers" clinging to their positions, causing the pull-up to start turning inside out. And while the outside of the thing looked kind of like an angry detective's slate grey underwear, the inside was all diaper, complete with white padding down the middle. At least it was dry, although that added another element of stress - I had been concentrating on staying dry the entire time, as well. 

Well, the cat was out of the bag. I had to reach in with one hand and stuff the center of the now-partly-inside-out male stealth diaper down between my knees. I laid back down and awaited the molestation that I knew was coming next. After both of them had done things to my junk that I rarely do myself, I was told that I could pull my clothes, and my dignity, back up, and then we would meet in an adjacent office to discuss their findings. I could feel my anxiety building as I made my way over, my pull-up not quite pulled-up all the way, denying me even the relief of a quick fluid release... I don't trust pull-ups in general, and certainly not when they're not snugly fitted. I did not want to pee my pants in a urology clinic, although I am certain that, had it gone that way, I would not have been the first person to do so, and perhaps not even the first that day. 

To my amazement, when the discussion commenced, they essentially said that they found everything to be normal with the equipment, and they wanted me to get some bloodwork done. They asked if I had any questions. I said that I didn't. they bid me good day and said that they'd likely see me in about 6 weeks. Then, the receptionist said that they were booking 4 months out. I left the office in a bit of a daze, extracted a Lil' Monster from the crash kit in my car, went back up to their washroom (now mercifully unoccupied), took off the man-sized Easy Up, and got back into a proper diaper, which I almost immediately burdened with 60-minutes worth of pent-up demand. The dry man-Goodnite went into the bin in the alcove, on top of my Megamax from earlier, and I was crunch-crunch-crunching my way down to my car within a couple of minutes. The receptionists paid me no mind. 

So... apparently one can wear a diaper to one's first urology appointment, end up having it on display, at least momentarily, and, not get asked a word about it. To me, that seems akin to showing up at the ER with a hatchet embedded in one's shoulder, and asking for help with an in-grown fingernail, but here we are. Perhaps some note will be forwarded to my family doctor that will precipitate a discussion, but, as far as I know right now, they had, and have, no interest in why I showed up in absorbent underpants, since that was not the stated reason for my visit. Colour me astounded. 

• Like 2