LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambino Diapers Brand

DailyDi

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or does my new case of Bambino diapers seem to be worse than the original. I just received a case a week or two ago, and this is my second case since first ordering (the week they launched their site). So, i definitely had some of the first Bambino diapers shipped.

The plastic feels a bit different, more like Attends than my past experiences with Secure Care diapers (on which Bambino is based).

But, I think the diapers got thinner, which is a big disappointment. Comparing to an Abriform X-Plus, it's now only three-quarters as thick. If I recall correctly, the original Bambino diapers were only slightly thinner than the Abriform X-Plus.

I will say that I still prefer Bambino diapers, they're still much better than any other diaper out there. I was just hoping things would get a little bit thicker, not a little bit thinner.

Thoughts? Does this have anything to do with Secure Care's "relaunch" (some have complained their diapers got thinner too)? I'd love to hear some feedback from Bambino to see if they changed anything...

Is it just me, or does my new case of Bambino diapers seem to be worse than the original. I just received a case a week or two ago, and this is my second case since first ordering (the week they launched their site). So, i definitely had some of the first Bambino diapers shipped.

The plastic feels a bit different, more like Attends than my past experiences with Secure Care diapers (on which Bambino is based).

But, I think the diapers got thinner, which is a big disappointment. Comparing to an Abriform X-Plus, it's now only three-quarters as thick. If I recall correctly, the original Bambino diapers were only slightly thinner than the Abriform X-Plus.

I will say that I still prefer Bambino diapers, they're still much better than any other diaper out there. I was just hoping things would get a little bit thicker, not a little bit thinner.

Thoughts? Does this have anything to do with Secure Care's "relaunch" (some have complained their diapers got thinner too)? I'd love to hear some feedback from Bambino to see if they changed anything...

I just got my new case, but finishing up my Secure Plus (got a half bag left) before I switch to wearing Bambinos all the time.

When I have a chance, I'll compare my first case to this new case.

I HATE when diaper companies change without notice. Secure Plus used to be AWESOME, then they got worse, and changed facotires, and now I can't get through 1 bag without at least 2 diapers having a tape stuck to the liner. Yeah, that's useful. Some of us RELY on these things!

I agree, the plastic is different and not as crinkly as the original Bambinos. Don't know about the thickness thing but I'm about to check this too. I hope they do not "improve" these diapers to the point where they suck. Bambino folks, we know you read this, what up?

I have been wearing Bambino's for the last several months exclusively, including a case I got just two weeks ago.... haven't noticed any change in them, but have asked the folks at Bambino to drop by and view your concerns.

Since the Bambi guys are comming.... here's an idea of mine...

I think they should make a diaper exactly the same as what they have, but no baby print (however, some sort of print, like the Secures have, cause it makes it easier to get the tapes straight). Market that for the non-baby DLs, and people who are just plain incontinent. I'm sure anybody with logic could tell you that a thin discreet diaper to hide incontinence makes no sense when everybody can just see the huge spot where it leaked like the cheap sive it is. Therefore, I'm sure heavily incontinent people would purchase a diaper like the Bambino if it had no baby print.

think they should make a diaper exactly the same as what they have, but no baby print (however, some sort of print, like the Secures have, cause it makes it easier to get the tapes straight). Market that for the non-baby DLs, and people who are just plain incontinent.

I think the whole point of the company was to provide a diaper for the adult baby market because all the diapers that were out there were designed for incontinence and purposely made to look the least like a baby diaper as possible. They are filling a niche market. Other than a few brave and open-minded incontinent people, like the ones who frequent this board, I can't see many incontinent people flocking to an ab/dl diaper site when they already have so many brands to choose from. And DL's already have lots of diapers to choose from since they're not interested in their diapers looking babyish.

Bambino Diapers certainly sell to DLs, I know a lot of people that buy Bambino just because they provide better quality than the Secure X-Plus/AbriForm. To be honest... I really don't care what it says on the diaper, just how it feels and fits. Granted, it is a nice perk...

I might be interested in a bag or two of "non-baby" Bambino diapers... because having that show in public would be much less embarrassing (as in, painful, but not mortifying... people can understand having to wear a diaper, but not one that says I'M A BABY on it in public).

I just wanted to add that right now, I've been very disappointed in the last batch I got of my Bambinos. The first case was great, but I'm having so many problems with the tapes in the second batch that at this point, I do not intend to buy any more. :(

Out of four of the bags in a six bag case, every bag has had problems with some of the diapers either not having ANY tapes on the left side, or all the tapes are there, but the right tapes break at the bend point. So, I'll wake up in the morning, and find that the tapes have seperated during the night, and I'm left with half a diaper on. Luckily I wear plastic panties and pull up cloth over the top, so I haven't leaked all over the bed yet.

What frustrates me even more is that I wrote to Bambinos about a week ago, and have yet to hear back from them...anything...'we're sorry, we're investigating', 'we know we have a problem, and we'll give you a discount on your next order' or even 'what are you talking about?' But, I haven't heard ANYTHING, and if a company wants to sell me product, they have to be accountable, or at least responsive, to customer issues.

For now, until I hear something different, I'll be purchasing Abenas from XP Medical. And that is a huge disappointment, because I like my Bambinos.

(If they ever do get them fixed, I hope they offer a 'Pretty Princess' pattern, or something girlish/sissy for those of us who are that way)

Gary and Jenny

Hey GaryandJenny,

First of all, sorry to hear about the problems that you have been having with the Bambino's. I personally have never had any problems with the Bambinos; but, then again, I do have an unopened case of them sitting in my storage closet that I bought over the labor day weekend during the sale.

Just out of curiosity, what was the channel used to try to contact the company? I have heard nothing but good things about their customer service. If I had a problem like that with my diapers, I would certainly expect a refund, as I did with a recent order of Attends.

Bottom line, there are gonna be defects with every product. It's how the company handles these problems that decides whether or not I will be a return customer.

Hey GaryandJenny,

First of all, sorry to hear about the problems that you have been having with the Bambino's. I personally have never had any problems with the Bambinos; but, then again, I do have an unopened case of them sitting in my storage closet that I bought over the labor day weekend during the sale.

Just out of curiosity, what was the channel used to try to contact the company? I have heard nothing but good things about their customer service. If I had a problem like that with my diapers, I would certainly expect a refund, as I did with a recent order of Attends.

Bottom line, there are gonna be defects with every product. It's how the company handles these problems that decides whether or not I will be a return customer.

Thick,

I used the Contact Us link on the Bambino website.

Gary

Guest Bambino Diapers

Thick,

I used the Contact Us link on the Bambino website.

Gary

Hi Gary and Jenny,

I am very sorry that you haven't heard back from us - in fact, it looks as if we have a broken script on our Contact page (I've alerted our webmaster to fix it), since I have not received much in the way of comments for a few days now. In addition, my own test didn't go thru, so, something must be wrong.

Please contact us at http://bambinodiapers.com/shop/index.php?m...page=contact_us for the time being, or feel free to call us at 650.266.9286 and we'll call you right back.

As others on this board have pointed out, we are generally very good at getting back to our customers within 24-48 hours -- we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and on a superior product. If your experience has been for some reason otherwise, we want the chance to correct it! If you've encountered some Bambinos that are sub-par in their construction, please do let us know -- not only will we remedy the situation, but we'll be better at knowing why/how this issue happened in the first place (so it doesn't happen again!).

Thanks so much (and more replies coming soon to everyone!),

Bambino

www.bambinodiapers.com

Guest Bambino Diapers

Hello AbriForm,

Thanks for your comments and questions.

The truth is, since day one we have been constantly producing the SAME Bambinos as always -- our "Diaper Recipe" hasn't changed, and, unless we really need to change it for some reason, we will NOT be making any adjustments to this diaper in terms of thickness, crinkle, or otherwise. Simply put, too many people love the Classic Bambinos for what they are and how they look/feel/work...so, we're not going to change it. If we for some reason were to make a change, I promise you that everyone on DailyDiapers, as well as throughout our website and on other boards, would be made aware of the changes.

I do have to point out one thing about manufacturing this product: we produce nearly 300 pieces per minute -- when you see them coming off of the production line, it looks like a white blur! The machine that produces them does catch all "imperfections" - a missing or loose tape, a wacky taping panel, missing elastic or standing leg cuff, etc. But, as is the case with manufacturing via machines (and not by hand), the machine cannot always catch everything, and sometimes slip-ups get through (and then subsequently get past our QC people). A handful of diapers in one case out of 200 cases produced will be missing a few tapes, standing leg cuffs, etc. Or, more often than not, the tensioning on the compression unit of the machine will apply different compression to the first diapers produced that day than it will to the last few diapers -- usually this doesn't amount to much of a difference, but, sometimes it can be slightly noticeable. Perhaps this is the issue that is leading to your experience right now. But it does not mean that we've changed the design of the product; rather, it means that out of 18,000 diapers produced per hour, that there is some statistical difference in diaper 1 versus diaper 17,999.

To repeat, we have not made, and will not make, any changes to our Classic Bambino unless we advertise these changes wayyy in advance and make sure that everyone knows that we've done so. As for other, whole new, diaper designs coming from us...well... I'll have to keep you in the dark on that topic for right now. Stay tuned. :)

I hope this answers and addresses your questions - if not, please let us know.

Thanks!

Bambino

www.bambinodiapers.com

I've noticed a change as well and attempted to contact Bambino through their website. I have some of the older ones and the newer ones and the backing has changed, the tape spacing is different and they slide off of me now. They used to fit snuggly but the backing is now so stretchy that they don't stay put. I have only opened one bag so far and thus far have had three diapers that were un-usable because they tapes were stuck to the diaper itself. I understand that there are errors sometimes during manufacturing, but the first case I purchased was 100 percent great. Now the construction is different, even to the touch if I were to compare one new diaper to the ones I last purchased. I'll contact Bambino and see whats up...

~Brian

• Like 1

I've noticed a change as well and attempted to contact Bambino through their website. I have some of the older ones and the newer ones and the backing has changed, the tape spacing is different and they slide off of me now....

Think you could post a photo or two for comparison?

I'm having an issue with the outer plastic of these Bambinos as well.

I initially ordered a 2-pack sample in Medium, Large, and X-Large to see what fit me best.

I started with medium and though they were a little small I loved them. Great baby feel, including the plastic. After trying an X-L, I settled on L as my ideal fit and ordered a 48 pack.

I still like them a LOT, but I'm disappointed to notice that the plastic only feels "right" on the 2 mediums I had. The plastic on the L and X-L feel different. Sort of like the plastic of a thin vinyl windbreaker or something. Just doesn't feel quite "right" to me. That downgrades my opinion of these diapers, but thankfully I still like them so much it's only like going from 10/10 to 8 or 9 out of 10. Still easily the best diaper I've ever had (coming off of Depend and latter Attends).

Since a Bambino representative posts here I'll ask: Is there a different plastic being used for the Mediums than the one used for the other two sizes? It sure feels that way to me.

Thanks!

Guest Bambino Diapers

Since a Bambino representative posts here I'll ask: Is there a different plastic being used for the Mediums than the one used for the other two sizes? It sure feels that way to me.

Thanks!

Hi Shydiaper,

Simply put: nope! There is no difference between one size and another in terms of materials - the only difference, of course, is amount of materials. We use more fluff and plastic to create an XL simply because it is larger than a Small or Medium. But we do not use different plastic on one product versus another.

The differences in thickness *may* come from the differential of plastic used at the beginning or end of a run of product. Every once in a while the plastic that comes off of the beginning of a roll is a slight bit thicker (~1mm) than the plastic at the end of a roll based on the fact that the inner plastic has been compressed by the weight of the plastic around it. If you can sense this 1mm difference...well....you're very talented. :)

In short, and before I get too technical and bore everyone :) -- there is no difference in the plastic we use to make all sizes of our diaper.

Otherwise, this difference in plastic might be a perceived difference or another matter altogether.

Hope this helps, and thanks!

Bambino

After comparing my older diapers that I purchased from the newer ones that I just received the taping is the same. The newer ones are a smidgen larger on the wings. I have noticed though that the plastic is much more different that the ones first set I purchased. It is lighter and stretchier so much so that they stretch and fall down on my back after wearing them all day. I ripped open another bag from my case I purchased and It seems they are the same as well. :( I also have had about 5 of the diapers had the tapes stuck to the back of the diaper like there was a mistake in the folding process or something. They are still absorbent though. I wonder If I just got a case of the .01% That got fudged??

~Brian

I'm still working on the 18,000 Diapers a hour. That machine is running way to fast for a quality product. I mean that's (factoring Medium as the size) 375 cases a hour. If you ran the thing for a day (8 hours) thats 3000 cases. Producing every size you carry would take less than a week for a years supply. Maybe your selling a boatload or something but 3000 cases?

I wish I had thought of that machine I would be one rich Engineer, or a rich repairman! :P

BTW, I ordered the smalls and Loved them, Like I posted before though they did run alittle small, but still fit!

Hope the problem gets settled out, to everyones satisfaction. BTW a 18 year old running this company (even if just part) deserves some Kudos!

Guest Bambino Diapers

BTW, I ordered the smalls and Loved them, Like I posted before though they did run alittle small, but still fit!

Hope the problem gets settled out, to everyones satisfaction. BTW a 18 year old running this company (even if just part) deserves some Kudos!

Glad to hear that you like the smalls!

Just curious though.... who's the 18 year old running what company...? Eh?

:o

Be well!

Bambino