LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any Dungeons & Dragons fans here?

Firefly 35

• 2 weeks later...

Well I figured I would answer you question about why the cartoon Dungeons and Dragons was canceled after the fourth season and it was more then likely due to the fact that for the time the show was considered too violent to the point where some parent groups wanted a warning to be put at the beginning of the show saying that the show was responsible for the death of kids.   Also, there was some protests over the show because of the moral panic that was happening in the 80's known as the Satanic panic.   It was the constant concern of satanic rituals being encouraged in the community, state, or country.   That concern lead to some parents thinking that certain songs and tv show shows would encourage kids to engage in satanic rituals similar to the concern that video games can cause kids to be violent.   So I believe that that growing concern by parents killed the ratings of the show and caused it to be cancelled before the series finale.

Well that's a shame.  It's probably not true that tv or video games causes people to be violent or otherwise problematic.  I, for one, tend to be very blasty in D&D and video games, but really don't condone the use of violence in real life (exept in very rare cases as a last resort).  If only peope wouldn't believe all the rumors they see and hear.

• 1 month later...

I was introduced to D&D last year & it's one of my favorite things! I've played as a Monk named Wayne Bruce (don't jugde me it was a cool idea!) A rogue named Dalen Silows (an anagram for Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke.) And I'm currently playing a pompous, High-Elf knowledge Cleric named Tor Meldilorn.

2 hours ago, Wannatripbaby said:

I was introduced to D&D last year & it's one of my favorite things! I've played as a Monk named Wayne Bruce (don't jugde me it was a cool idea!) A rogue named Dalen Silows (an anagram for Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke.) And I'm currently playing a pompous, High-Elf knowledge Cleric named Tor Meldilorn.

Teach me!

I've only recently gotten into 5e and am DMing a group of complete newbies. I've been playing tabletop rpgs for about ten years now, with the major thing being Pathfinder (which has the advantage over DnD in that it's completely free). I'm currently trying to expand my knowledge to more game systems like 7th Sea and Cthulu. So that's all fun.

One really good piece of advice I learned from an RPG veteran is to use the Ikea website if you're having trouble coming up with a character name.  Surprisingly, furnature names also make really good character names.

• Haha 1

I always found D&D far too prescriptive in its rule structure ... always preferred the much looser rules framework provided by Tunnels & Trolls.

HATED Runequest ... but that may have had something to do with the fact that I played in circles where everyone else tended to play Chaotic Evil ... even when their characters weren't!!!

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, Somelildude said:

I'm trying to get into 5th Edition, but am having a bit of difficulty with character creation.  I'm converting from Pathfinder.

They have a bunch of pre-made characters on the D&D website you could tweak if that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

That's cool.  I usually play as a sorceror so that I can use all sorts of cool spells.  (Btw, poison spray is probably the most overpowered cantrip in the game since it does 2d12 of poison damage for a 5th level character)

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't played D&D for years, but still would if I had a group.. no more DM'ing though.. I go off on tangents. Last time I played I think was 3.5, or earlier (Was around 2002 or so). Though I do enjoy my MMO's and PC versions, sometimes the old pnp version has its charm.

5 minutes ago, Nyte Kitsune said:

Haven't played D&D for years, but still would if I had a group.. no more DM'ing though.. I go off on tangents. Last time I played I think was 3.5, or earlier (Was around 2002 or so). Though I do enjoy my MMO's and PC versions, sometimes the old pnp version has its charm.

Have you tried 5th edition D&D?  I've heard it's easier to play than 3.5.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:26 PM, Firefly 35 said:

Have you tried 5th edition D&D?  I've heard it's easier to play than 3.5.

Nope, I looked at the books once, but really liked the old system better. Sadly my friends that used to play stopped playing years ago. I pretty much stick to mmos now, FFXIV atm, though I occasionally play SWTOR. Hard to find people that play any more, very few stores even sell books and the few that do play require long commutes or gather on nights that I work. 

I don't mind though, the mmos I play fill that role, though few people rp their characters I am, more often than not, usually always in character, which is the me I see myself as in fantasy worlds.

• 1 month later...

Big fan of D&D and most other RPGs. Usually I am the DM, but enjoy playing whenever the opportunity.

Been running the same hometown campaign off and on for the last thirty years or so, usually whenever I'm in town, but much more regularly since the internet made it possible to stay in touch no matter where you are in the world. Also ran numerous club- or forum-based games. Would like to do so again at some point, but haven't really found a good substitute since Yahoo Groups fell apart.

• 2 months later...