LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

At what age do Kids Normally stop sucking their thumb?

I'm asking this question (I tried a search, but didn't find any other topics about this) because today, when out running errands, I saw a girl who had to be at least 5 or 6 maybe even 7 years old

it is different. Also enviorment can cause a child to suck longer because its soothing and feels safe.

I copied my brother when I was little, we didn't suck thumbs but two specific fingers, my brother was molested when he was little so he sucked his fingers until he was around 9 years old, then he stopped, I stopped cause he stoppe and so I was 5 years old when I stopped.

nothing normal with childhood, everyone is different

But from I have read, kids should'nt suck their thumb as it may ruin their teeth, so then its better they suck on a pacifier, even though that is not good either, but better than the thumb

• Like 1

I think I was 15/16 when I stopped sucking it ALL the time. Now days I still wake up with a wet thumb every once in a while. Remember when I was 10 or 11 my grandma going on about it and trying to coat my thumb with stuff to keep me from doing it.. didn't work.

I don't know that I ever stopped the behaviour, I simply transferred it to other digits - I've always chewed and sucked my fingers. I'm starting to suck my thumb again in real life.

I never sucked my thumb that I can remember, but I loved my nuk! My parents still talk about how hard it was for them to wean me off of my paci and how hard it was on them (and, of course, me), and that it broke their heart to do so. Darn society and its rigid ideas of what is appropriate forced my parents to do so at age 2. Of course, now I am the happy owner of multiple pacis...

38 minutes ago, attendsdiapers said:

I never sucked my thumb that I can remember, but I loved my nuk! My parents still talk about how hard it was for them to wean me off of my paci and how hard it was on them (and, of course, me), and that it broke their heart to do so. Darn society and its rigid ideas of what is appropriate forced my parents to do so at age 2. Of course, now I am the happy owner of multiple pacis...

Well, no, it is not society, it is actually the dentist. Sucking on your thumb or pacifier can damage you teeth over time when they are beginning to grow in.

I probably stopped around 5, but one of cousins still sucked her thumb on occasion when she was a teenager. However, it was more like a nervous habit where her thumb was lightly bit on more than the way a baby sucks their thumb.

13 hours ago, Diapered Jason said:

Well, no, it is not society, it is actually the dentist. Sucking on your thumb or pacifier can damage you teeth over time when they are beginning to grow in.

even when grown fully they can still get damaged. i cant have a pacifier in my mouth for longer than an hour. my gums start to hurt and strangely open up o.O

I don't really remember sucking on a paci/my thumb s lot as a kid. But after I became aware of several repressed memories of trauma a few years ago, I almost NEEDED t to use a paci or my thumb.